• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Suggestion] Programmers Forum

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
  • Well I noticed that there is no Programmers forum around.

I think it could be pretty usefu for programmers to talk about their Projects and share their ideas and stuff there.

Also programmers could help each other in there if they don't know how to do a special thing.

Well I think it's a good idea.

Oh I forgot:
    I don't think that this should be done in the Computer-discussion forum.
    This forum should become a Sub-forum of Computer discussion.

So what do you think of this?

Years
  • meeh i think this is a good idea. me meself i am not good in it meself but i wanna learn it:P.i hope they gonna accept this:P

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Agreed, if it includes web programming.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    We were going to actually have a section dedicated to developing/programming which kwesi was setting up..not completely sure what happened to it in the end ^^;
    (this goes back to at least december)

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
  • I hope one does happen, i like coding!

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Scizz said:
    PHP, PEARL, ASP etc. is a programming language also.
    so it should be included! ;)
    PHP and ASP are languages which are used MAINLY by Webmasters, so discussions about these should come in the Webmasters Resources. If this forum is started then there could be confusing issues about certain Languages. But nevertheless it is a good idea, though I do not know how many of PC's members are programmers, save a few!

~ CC

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    JA said:
    I asked for a Programming forum months ago, even before Computers was brought in, and you wouldn't give it >_>
    O.o i wasn't here before computers was brought in..
    Like i say, i only knew a small amount about the plans, but i'm not sure if they've since been cancelled. I'll keep an eye out for kwesi and pm steve :3

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • <?php
    echo "I'd like a programming forum =) No one answers my PHP questions on the current board ??. Except JA =) But we need more programmers here who really know a lot since no one has been able to help me really.";
    ?>

Esai

&#9829;&#9829;&#9829; With Bubbleicious &#9829;&#9
    Years
  • I hope the plans come into effect soon, i really can't wait for the forum, and tutorials, thats a good idea i have a few tutorials i can think of

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Until they come in (if they do), you should post your tutorials in the Tech Institute. As I said a while back, I think that we should combine Webmasters and Computers into the same category (NOT merge forums) and then we can work out where PHP and ASP go too~

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Before, i would've said it was worth merging computers with webbies, but now i'm not so bothered. Basic computer problems are very different from web design and programming, so i think it's fine where it is, especially since webbies has since been divided into more subdivisions -having many more would make it confusing if this programming option is taken as well.
    With regards to programming (putting aside kwesi's developer section since it's a little unclear of when that will come about), i'd be happy with another sub in webbies as long as there is enough interest. As pokedragonfire pointed out, there seem to be very few programmers around and we can't force any to join. On the other hand, creating such a sub could attract more programmers.
    I can see things from both sides, really, so i'm pretty neutral..as long as such a sub would actually gain interest

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Yes, i'm well aware of that JA, but my point is that i don't think they should really come under the same category considering the change in webbies. Webbies would become a sub-domain under a general computer-based section, and then that would mess up the way webbies has since been split and make it quite cluttered.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I think that the web programming languages should stay in Webmastering. I also think that computer discussion needs to be re configured.

I think that Computer discussion needs to be a main forum and we can have Programming Discussion under it and any other subforums needed.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Didn't I point out that things like Trainer Cards are under Sprites which is under Art? Same thing with the Webmasters' thing. Just think about it, it makes perfect sense. >_>

Back