• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Theme Park

Psyduck

Buy Pokemon Stuff on Ebay
Years
  • Wow check this out: read article below or click link.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060218/ennew_afp/japanentertainment_060218134225

If it comes to the U.S. I seriously going to go, if I can find someone to go with. Maybe some one from PC would like to go there and hang out. So much more fun to go with someone else.

Nintendo to launch Pokemon amusement park

Sat Feb 18, 8:42 AM ET

TOKYO (AFP) - Japan's Nintendo will launch a travelling amusement park later this year with rides based on Pokemon characters, starting in Taiwan.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The Pokemon theme park will open in Taipei for a three-month run from June, aiming to draw a total of one million visitors, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun said Saturday in its evening edition.

The Nintendo group is considering moving the park later to the United States, Europe and Shanghai, the economic daily added.

The ubiquitous Pokemon characters, originally developed by Nintendo for its "Game Boy" machine, have been made into a television animation series aired in 70 countries and regions.

The Pokemon park was temporarily built last year in the central Japanese city of Nagoya to coincide with the World Exposition held for six months to September. It drew 4.5 million visitors during its half-year run.

Nintendo officials could not be reached to confirm the report.

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Well, I would have thought because of how popular Pokemon was they would have built one a long time ago. At this point I don't think Pokemon really is popular enough to make an amusement park as successful as they like so its doubtful they will move it here as it be even less popular here.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Nice, so after the closing of PokePark in Japan, they are moving it to Taiwan?

Hehe, only a matter of time til it comes to Hong Kong.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • If it comes to Europe, I'll be soooo happy.
    Nintendo seems to forget all the European fans. I never saw a Nintendo event around here...
    So the Pokepark would be totally awsome ^_^

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    YES hitmonlee finaly a pokepark in the u.s.!WHAT YEAR!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2006
    somehow, i highly doubt it'll come to the US. had this come about 6 years ago or so it would've probably been beyond overcrowded. but seeing as only a select few are die-hard fans now i just don't see it as a big money maker for Nintendo. which really sucks

ponyta rules

ponyta rules
    Years
  • Yeah i heard about this sometime last year in a nintendo magazine i have and it's supposed to be somewhere in Japan at the time but i never heard about it moving.Hope one day it will be in the UK but that's very unlikely as we never get nothing over here where i live.

Back