• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

10 year old hangs self mimicking Saddam Hussein's execution.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
  • A 10-year-old boy in the US accidentally hanged himself while apparently mimicking the execution of Saddam Hussein.
    How exactly was it accidental? The kid was mimicking a hanging and hung himself. Sounds like it was pretty deliberate to me.

Anacortes

absurdities..
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    So that's why the media is harmful to some younger children. =/

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Well, I guess the kid just wanted the noose around his neck and didn't mean to, you know, actually hang himself.

That is pretty sad though. o_o; I don't know why I thought outlets like TV would refrain from showing any footage of the actual hanging, pre or post. It just seems so inappropriate for TV but...guess anything goes nowadays.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So he was playing around with a nuse, and didn't think about the fact that it was dangerous...

Then died from it.

Thats stupid...

I know kids might like playing around like that... but...geez.
    My family didn't ever let him put anything like that around my neck when I was little, for that reason... xp

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • It said that he was watching the footage of Hussein being hung with a relative. I don't blame the boy for his so-called "experiment." I find that footage to be a little graphic for 10-year-old children. You gotta know by now that children are curious beings. I guess you can never know that they'll do next.

Tensaiji

~Naruto~
    Years
  • I feel bad that that happened. But have you heard of the little kid (can't remember where) who was about 6-8 and lost a game that was rated MA18+ and choked himself to death? It's pretty sad that people these days either want to know what happens when they do something wrong or get frustrated and use up their lives on it.

Years
  • It's sketchy. I don't believe that a 10 year old would completely understand the idea of suicide, but you never know.

It may be accidental, but if you're a parent wouldn't you ask your child where they were going with a rope tired up like a noose. I don't know, that's just what I would do.

Cherrim

Years
  • Well, I'd assume this kid did all this unattended. I'd hope so, anyway, since if someone noticed this and didn't stop it, that's pretty sad. o_O

Years
  • Could be possible. They said it was on a bunkbed though. Another little kid would have to be running around somewhere and why would a 10 year old be left alone?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I have no understanding of this, but it's sad. =[

"Curiousity killed the cat"?

Cherrim

Years
  • A lot of people leave their kids alone at early ages, or maybe the kid was up in his room and the rest of the family was downstairs--that's pretty common. Unattended doesn't necessarily mean completely out of the house. :\

Exokriz

Delete.
    Years
  • This is just another case of kids playing "Monkey See, Monkey Do" I'm sure that since he was 10 he would know what would happen to him, right?

Tensaiji

~Naruto~
    Years
  • He might of even done it while it was night time. I mean isn't it more common if a 10 year old attempts suicide while at night? The parents might of been asleep at the time and he already knew the consequence if he saw the video.

~+Tito+~

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, this is sad. ;-;

It's more like a Monkey See Monkey Do thing. I should know from experience... When I was younger, I saw this movie where this guy got choked to death, and my friend and I decided to re-enact it for fun, and well I almost got choked, till my momma saw us and stopped us.
    So yeah, it's understandible.

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
    Years
  • Explain to me why the uncle let the 10-year old watch the news of Saddam's execution in the first place?

I mean why let your 10-year old watch an execution and see someone die? This could have been prevented if the uncle hadn't let him watch the execution.

Years
  • A lot of people leave their kids alone at early ages, or maybe the kid was up in his room and the rest of the family was downstairs--that's pretty common. Unattended doesn't necessarily mean completely out of the house. :\

Very true. I've stayed at home by myself before at younger ages before.

I would say this is more of a common sense/stupidity incident. I mean even at ten I knew I would more than likely die if I put a noose around my neck hanging from something that was taller than me.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I think this is tragic and very sad.

It's kinda stupid I admit, but I don't think they should have shown that footage really.

pigeon-wing

Ninja-kitty! :3
    Years
  • Very true. I've stayed at home by myself before at younger ages before.

I would say this is more of a common sense/stupidity incident. I mean even at ten I knew I would more than likely die if I put a noose around my neck hanging from something that was taller than me.

I agree. I watched plenty of violent movies when I was younger, but I wasn't dumb enough to re-enact anything.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    What happens if I join this rope with this one, tie them both to a tree branch, and fall? Let's see, I'm so excited!

But seriously, that was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in my entire life.

Back