• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2 and 5 year old boys shown smoking marijuana

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...04153109990001

Boys, 2 and 5, Smoked Pot, Police Say

AP
    WATAUGA, Texas (March 4) - Police in Texas have uncovered a disturbing videotape.

They say it shows a 17-year-old teaching two of his nephews to smoke marijuana. The boys are just two and five years old.

According to police in Watauga, Texas, near Dallas, a man is seen placing a marijuana cigarette into one child's mouth and, in another part of the video, a different boy is shown smoking on his own.

Police found the tape last month while investigating some burglaries.

The 17-year-old faces a felony charge of injury to a child. An 18-year-old also seen on the tape faces a burglary charge.

At such young ages, it can really interfere with their brain functions.

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
  • Well i don't mean to sound like a hater but i wouldn't trust anything off AOL. But what i want to know is why those boys were smoking the stuff in the first place, and why they weren't like the dog and the alien in the Stay Above The Influence commercial. Well i guess you can't blame them because they were 2 and 5. That is some odd news. Just like the 10year old boy who hung himself. Pretty soon we may see a new article that says pigs can fly.

Rinji

srsly.
    Years
  • At any age marijuana can interfere with your brain functions (It lowers your IQ, very easily. After smoking it for just a few years, depending on the IQ you started with, it can cause real mental retardation.)
    But little kids...Yeah, at those ages, their brains are especially vulnerable to other mental problems.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Well i don't mean to sound like a hater but i wouldn't trust anything off AOL.

How about CNN then?

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/03/04/pot.kids/

It's not that strange... the younger kids are simply copying, not knowing rather it's good or bad. It's the 17 and 18 year old who's totally screwed up. No wonder adults got such a bad image in regards to our generation, and it's because of people like this.

Rinji

srsly.
    Years
  • People blame kids and teens for there being so much drug use and violence... It's not like they can't choose not to do these things, but they're copying the adults, and media put out there by adults...

Also, absolitude, the word when you are referring to death by hanging is 'hanged' not 'hung'. I know it's stupid, but the reason for that is because if you say 'hung' in that sense, then a lot of people will take it the uh...wrong way.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Heh. I saw the video of this on CNN.com. The older kids were smoking the pot and they passed it to the children and they simply copied their elders. That's pretty irresponsible of the teenagers, but not all that surprising in this day and age.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Looks like humanity has hit a new low!

Sadly, it's our generation that will be running the world soon. A two and five year old ... I just got a disgusting image of my two-year-old brother right now.

Years
  • That 17-year old really isn't right in his mind. The consequences at that age are severe, not only the effects of the marijuana but also the effect on the lungs which are still in growth.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • number one where did the 17 year old boy get the marijuana from, is the real question. The parents of the 17 year old should be charged and kids look up to adults.

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
  • o_o;

That seventeen year old isn't in his right mind, obviously. And the kids just wanted to be "cool" and imitate their uncle. They didn't know the implications of smoking marijuana...

Hm...do you think that's really going to affect their growth? I'm sure it would, because their organs/bones are still developing.

If I were those toddlers' parents, I wouldn't let them near that kid(s) again. >_<;

Rinji

srsly.
    Years
  • Apparently the mother of the two young children was asleep, in that house at the time. I believe that the mother should be held responsible for letting her stupid brothers watch these kids. She's probably got a drug problem herself...They said she'd be drug tested, and go through rehab if she tested positive.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    hahaha...I dunno whether to laugh, or cry after reading this...

eh, but I have a friend whose mother shot him up with heroin when he was 4 because she "wanted to see what would happen..."

anyways, I think this is absolutely disguisting...

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • yea,it's pretty sad....but you know what's even more sad?

..............................alot of group of kids(like,ages 7-13)hang out near my house,and smoke this same stuff...and they seem to have figured out the police movement,because whenever they come,the kids are gone....and no one ever seems to report anything...I would,but I don't care about these kids...I'm heartless,I know.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • Um...Gee, I don't know Lionheart...I don't...think...so

Anyway, yeah, another retardando that sticks a smoke in a child's mouth. Not much more to say here. It's just any of those other threads you guys post about bad stuff. And its same response over and over again: "OMG! Who would do such a thing! What is the world coming to? Blah blah yada yada yada..." you get the idea. Its the same with this situation.

Years
  • number one where did the 17 year old boy get the marijuana from, is the real question. The parents of the 17 year old should be charged and kids look up to adults.

It's not that hard for even 10-year-olds to get a hold of it in poorer areas. Every drug-containing ship the U.S. Coast Guard stops from reaching U.S. shores counts towards eliminating such substances from America.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2007
    I don't know about this one. I wouln't even know if a two year hold could currectly inhale the smoke.

Back