• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

y does every one think pokemon is dorky

Ash_Love

Arcanine / Growlithe Collector
Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2008
    im in high school
    and all i talk about to the guys is pokemon pokemon pokemon
    i havent met a girl thats liked it yet

any way all the guys are scared that the other ppl will find out and i think thats soo dumb

y do u think ppl will care?

TheRazor375

OH NOEZ!!!
    Years
  • Lol at my school, everyone will make fun of you so I keep it a secret. Btw my sis is a girl who likes it and her friend does too. :P I guess the anime made pokemon seem gay but the game rocks and it's fun. Don't listen to those losers. They're just jealous cause they could never get a Mew in R/B.

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • I blame it heavily on how it was marketed in America. 4kids, who I have a very long-standing hatred for, took something and only aimed at the demographic of the young, hyperactive children who are into cartoons of any kind (which is why most anime under 4kids suffers). Not saying that Pokémon isn't kid-friendly, it's probably one of the few anime 4kids got that was safe for kids. But just because it's safe for kids shouldn't mean it's meant just for kids. -.- I guess you could also partly blame this on Nintendo's family-oriented-ness, but they aren't the ones editing out guns and full episodes...er, what was the question again?

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
  • In my Christian College my friends know it, but they say is satanic, still there are 4 guys that like it(In other grades).And a friend of mine(he's an annoying bible freak that says that Scooby Doo and Hello kitty are satanic)ripped it for his "movie" Kitty Foilet and called them Kitpet.

Clow

I foresee.... A bright future
    Years
  • The Anima hurt the franchise a lot. But the games are getting more difficult and complex, soon pokemon may completely lose it's bad rap, and the show has gotten a bet better, not worth watching when there's something better on for me ay least, but still, improvement is everything ^_^. Personally, my friends don't care, they don't act enthusiastic, but they've already realized there are much worse games out there.

Years
  • Yep, as it's been said the anime is to blame. It is made and HEAVILY marketed for wee tykes...And it has been the death of us all, with all of the little toys. No one realizes how amazing the games are because they don't try it since it's "for little kids".

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I love Pokemon, always have... I think people just have their opinions, simply because no one is nice enough to accept what others think. Besides, most people downsize Nintendo left and right, Nintendo is what made video games what they are today, don't believe that statement? check out the video game crash in the 80's Super Mario Bros. saved the industry.

blazedsoldier

cool yo
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2007
    I'm 17 years old, almost 18. I'm headin off to college next year, and I play pokemon because it's a great game. I loved it ever since it came out, so not only does it bring back memories, but it also keeps me occupied for hours. It's no different than any other game, and if you have fun playing it, then it shouldn't matter what other people have to say about it. The only people that would criticize you are ones that you don't like anyway I assume, and if they have to belittle other people just to make themselves feel better, that's pathetic. Anyway, pokemon rocks! For the fun aspect of it, and everything else.

A Psychic Espeon

Elite Jonin
    Years
  • I've played Pokemon since before I could read (Yeah i know my parents are retards getting me a game i couldn't freaking read) and I clearly am still into it. I used to like the Anime but quite frankly i HATE the new dub(Hoenn was the best series imo). When i got diamond i played it at school, when peeps found out what me and my friend were playing it was cool. But now they use it for insults. Bad insults. Who in their right minds would rape a pikachu? And if they hate Pokemon then why the hell do they know what a zapdos is?!? At least my friends don't care that me and my other friend like pokemon. I don't care what the other peeps think.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Most of friends like it, but I don't really talk about it to anyone else that I'm not on really good/familiar terms with. Even the friends that hate Pokemon still accept that I like it, and I'm fine with that, but they do often poke fun at the fact I'm still playing it. I also know a lot of girls who are also into the whole anime and games thing but I'm still not too sure I should break the ice with; "Have you played Pokemon Diamond and Pearl yet? It's fantastic! Here, you can watch me play mine now!". I won't be too comfortable with that, well, not until they admit they like it too.

Ash_Love

Arcanine / Growlithe Collector
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2008
    I'm 17 years old, almost 18. I'm headin off to college next year, and I play pokemon because it's a great game. I loved it ever since it came out, so not only does it bring back memories, but it also keeps me occupied for hours. It's no different than any other game, and if you have fun playing it, then it shouldn't matter what other people have to say about it. The only people that would criticize you are ones that you don't like anyway I assume, and if they have to belittle other people just to make themselves feel better, that's pathetic. Anyway, pokemon rocks! For the fun aspect of it, and everything else.

Amen

im only 15
    but ive been watching/playing pokemon since 98 when it came out
    i had all the cards all the games and every episode on tape...(and still do)

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • im only 15
    but ive been watching/playing pokemon since 96 when it came out
    i had all the cards all the games and every episode on tape...(and still do)

how were you watching Pokemon ever since 96 if it came out in 98 in the U.S, unless you were in Japan at the time I mean

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

Back