• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RGSS2 Player stopped working error while trying to catch pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
Hi,
I'm getting this error and couldn't find any solution in the forum or google.
So maybe someone could help me here,
this is the error:

When I throw a pokeball (any ball) it shows a little bit of the animation (1 spin) and the text "User threw a Pokeball".
Then the game freeze and the typicall windows "Stopped working" error ocurred.
"RGSS2 Player stopped working".

I tried to replace the RGSS102E.dll file for a newer one, but then the game doesn't work, it says that it couldn't find the selected procedure.

The game only runs (open) with a 1.02a RGSS102e.dll file.
So I tried to replace all the pokebattle, pokeball and such scripts for the ones in the latest version of essentials.

Maybe it could work if I delete the animation of the pokeball, but idk how to do that.
Any ways, could someone help me please?

> I can't use a newer version of essentials, 'cause I'm using an online version of the game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
This question was asked and solved recently.[/url]

In short: Make sure you use RGSS102E.dll which comes with Essentials. Check your Game.ini file to make sure it mentions that file and not a different one.

As I said;
game won't open if I use a newer RGSS102E.dll file.
This is an older version, only runs with 1.02a version of RPGXP.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Did you tried to edit the Game.ini?

Back