• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Necrozma

Years
necrozma.gif
necrozma.png
necrozma.gif

Necrozma
Category: Prism Pokemon
Type: Psychic
Ability: Prism Armor
Height: 7'10"/2.4m
Weight:507lbs./230kg

HP: 97 | ATK: 107 | DEF: 101 | SPA: 127 | SPD: 89 | SPE: 79

Pokedex Entries
Sun: Reminiscent of the Ultra Beasts, this life-form, apparently asleep underground, is thought to have come from another world in ancient times.
Moon: Light is apparently the source of its energy. It has an extraordinarily vicious disposition and is constantly firing off laser beams.
Ultra Sun: It looks somehow pained as it rages around in search of light, which serves as its energy. It's apparently from another world.
Ultra Moon: Light is the source of its energy. If it isn't devouring light, impurities build up in it and on it, and Necrozma darkens and stops moving.

Interesting how we're still starting off November with yet another dark Pokemon... in a different sense. Considering this is the anniversary month of USUM's release, let's kick it off with the Pokemon that's the centrepiece of it - Necrozma!

Necrozma is kind of a weird mystery. Although it was first revealed in SM, we never really knew much about its story or what the heck it was all about, at least until USUM launched. Then we found out that, thanks to Ultra Metropolis, all of its light has been drained, and ever since it has been in search for more light, hence fusing with Solgaleo and Lunala to form Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma, respectively. While fused, it can use Solgaleo's or Lunala's unique moves, or even its own Z-Move, which allows it to regain its true form - Ultra Necrozma.

In competitive battling, Necrozma is no slouch. Dusk Mane Necrozma is considered one of the best Steel-types in the whole game, being able to fulfil a variety of roles. It even gets access to good moves such as Solgaleo's signature move, Sunsteel Strike, as well as other useful ones such as Swords Dance and Earthquake. Dawn Wings Necrozma, on the other hand, isn't really seen in a good light, but it can still make use of powerful moves such as Moongeist Beam and Power Gem. It should be worth noting both of which can transform into Ultra Necrozma, getting a drastic stat boost.

What do you think of Necrozma itself, though? What were your thoughts on it? How have you fared using it, if you have? Did you feel its story was told well, and what could've been improved upon it so it would be more interesting to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I can't even describe how much I don't care about Necrozma. I never bother with catching it in Sun or Ultra Moon and I ignored most of the Ultra Moon storyline, so I probably skipped on why it is cool.

I was disappointed in the Ultra Necrozma. It's ugly and the fight against it was surprisingly easy.

Its fusion forms aren't bad, but it's mostly because of the other Pok?mon it fuses with.

But to say at least one good thing about it, I think that the cutscene where it battles Solgaleo/Lunala in Ultra versions is cool.

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I had used Necrozma in one of my USUM runs, and it became a lot easier to beat the Elite Four then. Necrozma's cool, even cooler when fused with Lunala or Solgaleo, but its Ultra form didn't look any similar to the previous ones. I didn't pay much attention to Necrozma in SuMo as much as I did in USUM.

I'll also agree that the cutscene with Solgaleo/Lunala is undoubtedly one of the best moments from USUM ~

Years
Tbh I can kind of see the perspective that Necrozma is kind of boring on its own. Its background was kinda Kyurem-ish in nature, what with needing to fuse with either Solgaelo or Lunala and whatnot. That said though, I feel like I'm far more neutral towards Necrozma than anything. /shrug.

I'm not planning on using it on any in-game teams or anything. It'll just stay in my PC, rip.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Dusk Mane Necrozma is best Necrozma. It was S Rank in Ubers at some point because of how ebin it's stats, moves, and typing are.

The ultra light behemoth; Ultra Necrozma, isn't bad either.

Dawn Wings is pretty terrible, though, since it has two 4x weaknesses, lower Speed, and not as broad in terms of special movepool than Lunala, although I do like it's design.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2018
To be fair, I really like Necrozma's base form design but I have to admit that Dusk Mane Necrozma is the best, it reminds me of my childhood favorite Zoids.

Back