• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCademy [RECRUITING]

HackerTDog

Hacker
Years
  • Hai guys Hacker here, and i'm here to talk about a game my friend and I have started development on, but it's way too early so I'll call it an idea.
    Plot:
    Spoiler:

The type of trainers you'd encounter here are not the typical youngsters and whatnot, you either would face the generic schoolboy or schoolgirl or someone unique who develops throughout the game along with you, so you can experience the feeling of rivalry with all your classmates!
    Characters:
    Spoiler:

Features (Green = Added, Yellow = Adding, Red = Not added):
    * Internal game clock
    * Crafting System
    * Relationship System
    * Changeable outfits (school uniform, PE uniform, etc)
    * Endings affected by student's choices
    * Status menu indicating STR, INT, CHAR which all affect your performance in school

Of course, these aren't all the features but I'm currently only working with a friend who is very busy so I usually come up with these ideas.
    HOWEVER, I'm looking for anyone to help us with this game, we need:

Mappers - People who can compose the maps to look interesting and attractive
    Texturers - Anything will help whether you can do tiles, trainer sprites, GUI we need help :3c
    Scripters - As of current, I'm the only scripter and i'm intermediate at best so it'd be nice to have some help
    Idea peoples - We're always open to ideas to make our game even better so please don't hesitate to suggest something.

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • I'm.. not sold on the concept, but I'm interested to see how this goes, so good luck!

How much control over your strength, intelligence, and charisma will you have, and what sort of effects will they have on gameplay?

Years
  • Interesting to say the least. What kind of game engine are you working with? Is this some sort of ROM hack with godly scripting, RPG maker, or something else?

HackerTDog

Hacker
    Years
  • I'm.. not sold on the concept, but I'm interested to see how this goes, so good luck!

How much control over your strength, intelligence, and charisma will you have, and what sort of effects will they have on gameplay?

Sorry for the lack of depth in my brief of the game I've only started the game last week-ish but yeah these characteristics along with Agility can unlock hidden gameplay, For example there may be a dented wall that - if broken - can lead to a secret cave and lets say you need 100 STR to break it these are the sort of uses i'd like to use them for. However, more canon related things too like sports festival, certain arm wrestles heck even fist fights too.

Interesting to say the least. What kind of game engine are you working with? Is this some sort of ROM hack with godly scripting, RPG maker, or something else?

Haha I should've clarified, I'm using RPG maker XP to use this but I wouldn't say the scripting is all too advanced.

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • Strength, Intelligence, Charisma, Agility, and Luck? I'm having some Fallout 4 flashbacks here.

But in seriousness, it seems interesting. I've been told before that I've been good at coming up with stories, so I might be able to help out with the ideas or something, if you need help in that field.

HackerTDog

Hacker
    Years
  • Strength, Intelligence, Charisma, Agility, and Luck? I'm having some Fallout 4 flashbacks here.

But in seriousness, it seems interesting. I've been told before that I've been good at coming up with stories, so I might be able to help out with the ideas or something, if you need help in that field.

Haha kinda what i was going for although its to enhance the realistic aspect of this game that I want to consistently establish throughout the game. As for ideas, don't be afraid to spout anything out, if it's interesting 8 times out of 10, i'll add it in!

Back