• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exp Share question..

Years
  • Ok, so this occured to me while I was playing today.

Currently - I'm leveling up two different pokemon I have that are about 20 levels lower than the rest of my party.

If I were to put my other four pokemon in the box for the time I am level grinding, would it give my XP to the pokemon I'm trying to level up? (i.e., if its splitting the xp between five nonbattling pokemon, would my one lower level pokemon get the other pokemon's shares of the xp)

Years
  • It's hard to understand on what you are saying. You want to know if you just level up two Pokemon on your team without sending your other four Pokemon in a battle and if all Pokemon in your party will get exp after a battle with Exp Share on?

All Pokemon on your team will get exp when the Exp Share is on after a battle, even if one of your Pokemon doesn't battle. Pokemon you use in a battle will get more exp than the Pokemon that did not participate in a battle. With Exp Share turned off, only the Pokemon you use in a battle will get exp.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ok, so this occured to me while I was playing today.

Currently - I'm leveling up two different pokemon I have that are about 20 levels lower than the rest of my party.

If I were to put my other four pokemon in the box for the time I am level grinding, would it give my XP to the pokemon I'm trying to level up? (i.e., if its splitting the xp between five nonbattling pokemon, would my one lower level pokemon get the other pokemon's shares of the xp)

The thing you describe is how the Exp.Share worked pre-Gen 6. From Gen 6 onwards, every pokemon gets half the exp it would get if it were to beat the pokemon alone.

E.g/ Without Exp.share, you get 1000 exp. With Exp share, the pokemon that defeated/contributed to the fight get 1000 exp while those that were just in your party get 500 exp.

So, it doesn't matter whether or not your other pokemon are in your party or not.

Years
  • The thing you describe is how the Exp.Share worked pre-Gen 6. From Gen 6 onwards, every pokemon gets half the exp it would get if it were to beat the pokemon alone.

E.g/ Without Exp.share, you get 1000 exp. With Exp share, the pokemon that defeated/contributed to the fight get 1000 exp while those that were just in your party get 500 exp.

So, it doesn't matter whether or not your other pokemon are in your party or not.
    Ah! That is /exactly/ what I wanted to know. I've never been sure of the math behind it all.

Back