• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: March PokéMadness 2017

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
  • March Pok?Madness 2017

Basically the plan was to, as sort of a joke, assign every remaining team (there will be 16 after today) in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament (a.k.a. March Madness, a really big and important event in American sports) a pokemon based on their mascots and/or colours (i.e. the Wisconsin Linoone [derived from Badgers], The Florida Feralgatr [derived from Gators]). Then I would go on some form of battle simulator and "simulate" the remainder of the tournament by having teams of the newly assigned Pokemon engage in intense 5v5 (or 1v1, depending on how long it takes) battles in a bracket format. In the case of the above match (which will be an actual match by the way), 5 Frealgatr with psuedo-random moves would battle 5 Linoone, also with psuedo-random moves. I will be rolling a d4 each time to determine what move is used. I would then write up the results, hopefully including Showdown links to at least the Final 4. Then I will watch the actual tournament and see how many of these predictions actually come true. SPOILERS: It won't be many.

#TextWall

Back