• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gengar's Revenge (Ubers, peaked #166... for now)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • So Crobatrulez20 decides to make his first serious XY Uberz team. The result? This. I'm 27-2 right now.

Vladimir Putin (Gengar) (M) @ Gengarite
    Trait: Levitate ---> Shadow Tag
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature

- Shadow Ball
    - Focus Miss
    - Sludge Wave
    - Destiny Bond

Gengar gained just what it wanted: a Mega Evolution! And on top of that, it also got Shadow Tag! This is all Gengar needs to be a S rank threat in Ubers. Although if you see a Gengar in Ubers, you'll probably know what to expect, this thing is still a powerhouse every single team needs to prepare for. On my original team, I had a mixed Giratina-O with Dragon Tail to have a better chance at countering Normal Arceus. But then I realized it was setup fodder for Xerneas, so I decided to replace it with this Gengar I have here.
    Now Mega Gengar itself hits hard with that base 170 special attack, and Shadow Ball is probably his main STAB move, defeating Arceus-Ghost, weakened Giratina(-O) and hitting pretty much everything not resistant to it pretty hard. Focus Miss is absolutely necessary, not only to see the familiar message "The opponent's <Pokemon> avoided the attack!", but also to OHKO Darkrai, weakened Normal Arceus and Kangaskhan that predict wrongly. Sludge Wave is only to check Xerneas, really. Finally, Destiny Bond is probably the attack that makes Mega Gengar so frustrating. Not only its Ghost typing prevent it from being revenge killed by Normal Arceus, but with that extreme base speed, Mega Gengar will probably kill your main sweeper before it goes down!
    I can't remember the last battle where this little beast did not knock out at least two Pokemon. Gengar FTW!

3andaHalfStooges (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    Adamant Nature

- Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Payback
    - Low Kick

Dragonite is #149. Tyranitar is #248. 149 means two and a half stooges (Dragonite). Add 99 and you've got Tyranitar. Salamence means 4 stooges while Metagross is 4 and a half stooges.
    What Tyranitar does is simple: if I ever meet a Mega Mewtwo Y, that's where he comes in, especially if SR is not on the field. He can also set up Stealth Rock on many special attackers or walls. Tyranitar can also get a nice smack on Dialga or incoming Kyogre, as well as having the potential to beat Normal Arceus without EQ/Brick Break. Payback is the move I abuse the most with Tyranitar, since he's already slow.

Xerneas sucks! (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Adamant Nature

- Xerneas Terminator (Bullet Punch)
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    - Quick Attack

XERNEAS SUCKS!

Yeah, it really does. Scizor makes sure of that, OHKOing all Xerneas after a bit of prior damage with Bullet Punch. U-turn heavily damages Lugia, Darkrai and many Uber threats that are generally frailier on the physical side. Superpower spells the doom for Normal Arceus, and Quick Attack takes care of any Ho-oh who thinks it can still trash it even if SR is on the field.

Communist Dragon (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature

- Spacial Rend
    - Thunder
    - Hydro Pump
    - Fire Blast

If this was gen 5, I would have used Leftovers, since Kyogre is the ultimate threat in BW. However now that rain has been heavily nerfed, Kyogre is not as common as it was until XY, but it still has very high usage. Spacial Rend and Hydro Pump are Palkia's STAB moves and hit everything for a decent amount of damage, especially if it's raining as well. Thunder is for Kyogre and Manaphy, while Fire Blast can destroy Ferrothorn.

I'm not a god (Failceus-Normal) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
    Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Shadow Force
    - Earthquake

YOU KNOW WHAT? ARCEUS IS NOT A GOD!

Normal Arceus is just as dangerous as it was in Gen 5, although now it has to contend with Mega Gengar. But even then, a healthy Arceus can take a Focus Miss and destroy Mega Gengar with Earthquake. Otherwise, if you have played Ubers for at least 5 minutes, you know what Arceus does. It's called the Extreme Killer for a reason.

Watching MLP (Zekrom) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature

- Bolt Strike
    - Dragon Claw
    - Thunder Wave
    - Sleep Talk

Zekrom is the team's Dark Void absorber and the ultimate counter to Lugia and Ho-oh, especially if Sacred Fire doesn't burn it. Thunder Wave is extremely important, as it can stop a variety of sweepers, especially Xerneas and Ghostceus.

2M1tlij.png

V8ZnqMs.png

Reactions: Nah

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh, this is funny. XD No, seriously, I find the names and commentary hilarious.

I don't think there's much to fix on your team. The only things I can think of are giving Palkia a Life Orb to boost all of its attacks and maybe give Arceus an Expert Belt.

And I find your Zekrom set to be really interesting, btw.

Back