• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Opening Pokémon XY [ANIME]

Yambo

Power Seeker
Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    Not bad to be honest a bit to fast in the start but i like it.

And i knew Ash wouldnt have a Chespin! Clemont/Bonnie apear to have it

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I see that Serena owns Fennekin as well. Maybe it's the time like in Hoenn and Sinnoh anime again, that the starter Pokemon of respective region is not just owned by Ash.

PixieCircle8

Writer // Roleplayer
    Years
  • *can't stop screaming*
    HUEE! Seems like the anime going to be full of teenage now, because all of them is a child without the older one like brock and ect.
    And the friendship is totally strong too, the music is boring first but the i like how it sounded the next part lol.
    Fletching and some mole pokemon, the rabbit one maybe? It's seems like it'll be part of the party :'3

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I want to expect great thing but I don't want to be cheated again .

Why Lucario getting the spotlight of megevolution instate of Blaziken of the Mystery Trainer ?
    Does That Lucario belong to a rival or Ash ??
    Are all of those in silhouette happen to be gym-leader Or some of them are rival ???
    I hope XY Series isn't like AG series where Ash didn't had any rival .
    I hope XY rival aren't a trash like BW rival .

Yambo

Power Seeker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    *can't stop screaming*
    HUEE! Seems like the anime going to be full of teenage now, because all of them is a child without the older one like brock and ect.
    And the friendship is totally strong too, the music is boring first but the i like how it sounded the next part lol.
    Fletching and some mole pokemon, the rabbit one maybe? It's seems like it'll be part of the party :'3

The Rabbit pokemon is Clemonts i bealive fletching is Ash pokemon actually but i may be wrong on that part

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ughhhh so excited about this! Nice to see a confirmation that Clemont is getting Chespin! It'll be nice seeing the starters each have a different trainer again. I think it worked quite well when they did it in Hoenn. Overall the way the companions and the starters are set up is very hoenn-esque. But the biggest difference is that it looks like Bonnie actually does have a Pokemon. Either that or she has a Pokemon like Max with Munchlax from the beginning instead of later on. Guess this is something that we'll find out!

I'm honestly not sure about the Mega Lucario. It is strange that they would show Lucario instead of Blaziken. However, I do remember seeing Mega Lucario on the poster picture (neat the top) so it does look like the Mega Lucario will have some importance to the story. What is it though is still pretty deep in the dark.

I'm pretty sure what they're showcasing in the sillouettes are the gym leaders. I can see Clemont and I can see Alexa's sister which are currently the only two gym leaders I know of. But they're in the line so.

Years
  • Ughhhh so excited about this! Nice to see a confirmation that Clemont is getting Chespin! It'll be nice seeing the starters each have a different trainer again. I think it worked quite well when they did it in Hoenn. Overall the way the companions and the starters are set up is very hoenn-esque. But the biggest difference is that it looks like Bonnie actually does have a Pokemon. Either that or she has a Pokemon like Max with Munchlax from the beginning instead of later on. Guess this is something that we'll find out!

I'm honestly not sure about the Mega Lucario. It is strange that they would show Lucario instead of Blaziken. However, I do remember seeing Mega Lucario on the poster picture (neat the top) so it does look like the Mega Lucario will have some importance to the story. What is it though is still pretty deep in the dark.

I'm pretty sure what they're showcasing in the sillouettes are the gym leaders. I can see Clemont and I can see Alexa's sister which are currently the only two gym leaders I know of. But they're in the line so.

Okay so it seems like they're pulling a Hoenn on us here by splitting the starters between the main characters? Clemont getting Chespin, Ash getting Froakie and Serena getting Fennekin. It'll be the first time that Ash doesn't get the Grass-type starter so nice to see they finally broke that long-running tradition. If Froakie is indeed the only starter Ash gets this saga I can see them pulling a Treecko and having him fully evolve like Treecko did. Come on Ash needs his first fully-evolved Water starter and I'd imagine how cool a Greninja would suit him!

Again, as if the Hoenn shout-outs weren't enough... I've heard quite a few Hoenn references in both the games and anime by now so no surprise if Ruby and Sapphire remakes do come in the near future. Still, looking forward to this series!

Years
  • Ash is going to have Mega Charizard X, Greninga, Pikachu? gonna watch it subbed I think. Hoping it'll be good as sinnoh if not better :]
    BW anime was trash <_<;

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Ash is going to have Mega Charizard X, Greninga, Pikachu? gonna watch it subbed I think. Hoping it'll be good as sinnoh if not better :]
    BW anime was trash <_<;
    ash most likely will have charizard Y since Red has charizard X Yet i dont see ash having charizard till later his fire type most likely is gonna be fletching
    i see his roster be alot more diversed this time

Maybe ash finally get a lucario or there just showing off mega evols its possible since you do get a mega lucario as a gift pokemon in the game

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ash definiatly has a Froakie. If Ash gets a Lucario I hope the anime doesn't derp it at all. The reason I loved Sinnoh so much was because it showed fully evolved pokemon fighting near the end of the anime.
    I hope they follow a similar format, also does ash have to get the 8 badges again could he step back, and let let a new cgaracter be the main with ash in the back light?
    (they tried it before and that show didnt go so well :/ )

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I think , Ash might get himself a Lucario .
    After all, Considering Ash has a Domain ability as a Aura User , Lucario always seem to a pokemon meant to be capture by Ash.
    I mean , The Opening could show Charizard or Mewtwo's Megevolution accept Lucario's .
    The way The Opening Showcase Lucario Megevolution , I think Mega Lucario might has a important role to play .

Ash definiatly has a Froakie. If Ash gets a Lucario I hope the anime doesn't derp it at all. The reason I loved Sinnoh so much was because it showed fully evolved pokemon fighting near the end of the anime.
    I hope they follow a similar format, also does ash have to get the 8 badges again could he step back, and let let a new character be the main with ash in the back light?
    (they tried it before and that show didnt go so well :/ )

Yes he does !!!
    Plus , doesn't other cast got way more spotlight then Ash already since AG series ?
    The Whole BW Series was focus on other character accept Ash.
    There even was joke about BW Series being Iris show starting Trip .
    I think Ash step back long enough for other character .
    May be it time he get full attention like any other main character of Kids Anime gets.

Yambo

Power Seeker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2019
    I would say for BW im unsure about Ash having a main role. Though the other season Ash was the main focus just other characters got a little more light. I do not think that is a bad thing it gives the show some diversity. But it has been mainly about Ash in my oponion (except for bw not sure their)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I don't see ''Team Flare'' in Op!
    Don't tell me they will be written out too .

I would say for BW im unsure about Ash having a main role. Though the other season Ash was the main focus just other characters got a little more light. I do not think that is a bad thing it gives the show some diversity. But it has been mainly about Ash in my oponion (except for bw not sure their)

I really don't think its was little .
    Dawn won a freaking Wallace Cup and reach the final of GF . (Not to mention all the other thing).
    And May , That girl was the worst !!!!
    The moment she become coordinator , The whole show become about Her Contest !!!
    Pokemon started to look like A ''Shoujo Anime'' about May.
    Anyone who didn't saw the past series would have thought her as the main character & Ash as the side character.
    Writer's didn't bother to give Ash a decent rival , they just hand him a Morrison at the last minute.
    You have no idea how I want Ash to get the thing Dawn & May got !
    Unfortunately Ash probably will never get even though Dawn & May got everything Ash got.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    No Rival's , No Team flare !
    I have a bad feeling about this .
    On the other-hand ,
    Ash might finally get his hand on a Lucario that become a Mega-Lucario.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • No Rival's , No Team flare !
    I have a bad feeling about this .
    On the other-hand ,
    Ash might finally get his hand on a Lucario that become a Mega-Lucario.

they will probably add team flare in the next XY series, they did that with team plasma in Black and White. now about ash's rival, ether they are just not showing his rival yet or their is not going to be a rival. I'll go and punch them if there is no rival.

Having a lucario would be so awesome though!

Back