• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Subbed] Japanese music

Japanese or English music

• Japanese music

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • English (dub) music

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Both

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    So since the Rainbow and the Pokemon Master is the first (and last) Pokemon episode I've watched, I've never listened to the original Japanese theme song: Mezase Pokemon Master, and oh my gosh it's a total earworm... Thoughts on the original Japanese music in comparison to the dub's?
    Bonus music:
    Type Wild (English version)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love the Japanese music so much. It's a huge reason why I quit watching the dub around mid-Hoenn, I don't like the amount of music they replace.. makes so little sense, especially in this day and age when many other anime (even ones considered to be 'for kids' like Digimon) have uncut and/or subtitled versions. The earlier English opening songs were good (when it was still under 4Kids) but afterwards it has really sunk in quality imo.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    After watching the final scene of Satoshi and Pikachu's journey and hearing Type: Wild, I prefer the Japanese music for a few reasons. The first one being that I like how the majority of the themes are sung by Rika Matsumoto. It really makes it seem like it's Satoshi himself singing, and we're getting his feelings about all the adventures that he's going on.

Same with the other characters. Nyarth no Uta is still one of my favorite songs. Listeners can get a good sense of a different side of who he is that isn't really seen in the show.

The music also seems to emotionally hit better. While the English version is good, Chiisaki Mono just sounds more emotional and powerful to me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • While I don't really remember much music that isn't the opening and other older music, English Opening are far better for me. Specifically the ones during Johto and Hoenn.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Growing up with the dub, I heard the dub music, and that's what I'm used to. Some of the Japanese ops have some questionable choices like the part where the singer says "even up a girl's skirt!" just...why. The English openings are catchy, in my opinion, but I thought the Journeys one was at least a bop.

Back