• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Following Pokemon EX

Years
    • Seen today
    When I speak to the nurse at the pokemon center and say no to "would you like to rest your pokemon?", if the follower mon is on my right or left, it teleports to behind me
    Is anybody else experiencing this? Or is it just me?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    imgur.com/a/ydxvhVu

Does something similar happen to anyone? and how did they solve it? (Essentials V20.1)

- When you fly into the game from a save game if the follow was near water, it appears when it doesn't apply.
    - When you enter the pause menu and leave and came from surfing, the sprite also appears

sorry for the link, im new and I still can't post them haha

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    I absolutely adore this plugin! I'm sorry that I'm asking this question so much later, but my only question for this plugin is if there is a way to disable switching the main Pokemon. To elaborate, I'm doing the Pikachu following from Pokemon Yellow. Obviously, that only has one Pokemon that can follow you. I had used NPC following dependencies prior to this plugin, but that had it's own glitches, like once unregistered, it would entirely disappear and etc. So I was wondering if there are any script changes I can make to the plugin so it can just be a Pikachu? Thanks so much! I know it takes so much effort to make these plugins and to have people ask you all stupid questions, but this is something I'm legitimately wondering!

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    Hey I love this plugin! But is there a way to disable the button to make the follower appear? Because in cutscenes I can still press the button, making the player stop and well, the entire cutscene gets ruined. How do I get around that?
    Like, being able to disable the hotkey that makes the follower appear and dissapear while the player is in a Move Route, because if you're always able to press the hotkey, things can get very buggy

Edit: I found a way, in an Script command in an event I set "FollowingPkmn::TOGGLE_FOLLOWER_KEY = nil", and that works... is that the only way to do that? :(
    Also, sometimes when I jump over a ledge, the camera get shifted once in the direction I jump, that's a bug right? This didn't happen to me in older versions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Sorry to be a bother, but do you know where i can find the v20.1 Pokemon Amie script listed here? I've searched everywhere for it but I can't find it

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Been trying to get this to work but for some reason it keep saying im missing a file which I cant find anywhere.
    ''Plugin Error:
    Plugin 'Following Pokemon EX' requires plugin 'Battle Scripting EX' to work properly.''

Where can I find this battle scripting ex plugin, I've been looking everywhere

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm aware that this plugin checks for a Pkmn's height, then if the map you're in has encounters or not, and based on this, decides to show or not follower.
    So I'm outside, with a small Pkmn following me. I go in a house, the Pkmn follows me normally. I switch, put a tall Pkmn following me, and the follower disappears, as it should. Then I save the game, restart, and I get this error:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `encounter_possible_here?' for nil:NilClass

Backtrace:
    [Following Pokemon EX] 004_Disappearing.rb:24:in `block in <main>'
    [Following Pokemon EX] Compatibility.rb:61:in `block in trigger_2'
    [Following Pokemon EX] Compatibility.rb:60:in `each_value'
    [Following Pokemon EX] Compatibility.rb:60:in `trigger_2'
    [Following Pokemon EX] Compatibility.rb:73:in `trigger_2'
    [Following Pokemon EX] Internal Commands.rb:29:in `refresh_internal'
    [Following Pokemon EX] Event_Sprite Commands.rb:57:in `refresh'
    [Following Pokemon EX] Event Sprite.rb:23:in `block in <main>'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
    035:Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'

I definitely have it defined:

def encounter_possible_here?
    return true if $PokemonGlobal.surfing
    terrain_tag = $game_map.terrain_tag($game_player.x, $game_player.y)
    return false if terrain_tag.ice
    return true if has_cave_encounters? # i.e. this map is a cave
    return true if has_land_encounters? && terrain_tag.land_wild_encounters
    return false
    end

Line 91 of Overworld_WildEncounters.

And the line:

next false if (height / 10.0) > 3.0 && !$PokemonEncounters.encounter_possible_here?

in EventHandlers.add(:following_pkmn_appear, :height, proc { |pkmn|

is where the issue is, according to the error.
    If I comment out #&& !$PokemonEncounters.encounter_possible_here? does completely "fix" the error for me. But this would mean that a tall follower could not be possible in caves in such, which isn't too bad.
    I really don't see what the issue could be.
    Is this just a me problem? Is it a glitch in the matrix?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    There is a problem that is also reflected in your presentation. when entering the battle interface, the animation of the player throwing the ball disappears.

Years
  • The Plugin has been updated to v2.2.3. Here's the changelog.
    • Fixed player sprite appearing on top of Following Pokemon sprite.
    • Fixed possibility of crash with one of the default "Music" emote dialogues.
    • Fixed "Heart" emote dialogues never playing.
    • Fixed "HideFollowingPkmn" map flag not doing anything.
    • Fixed crash in "Height-based" disappearing when loading onto an indoor map with encounters.
    • Fixed being able to talk to your Following Pokemon when in a move route, or while using an HM.
    • Fixed Animation issue with surfing and bike riding.
    • Fixed the ability to get out-of-bounds using the Following Pokemon HM Animation.
    • Fixed Following Pokemon moving slowly when using Marin's Enhanced Stairs.
    • Fixed Following Pokemon not refreshing after depositing first pokemon into box after battle/daycare.
    • Made "Surfing" disappear conditions more specific to prevent Following Pokemon from going out of bounds.

I think it was irresponsible of me to not clarify this before, so I think I should do it now:
    I will no longer be actively maintaining or updating this resource. The latest release of the resource will be left up for download, but will not be updated by me. The download links for all older versions of this resource will be deactivated. Feel free to add-on or extend this resource as you please, but do not expect any updates/support from my end.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my extended period of inactivity.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    Hey, this plugin has a weird issue on ver 21, when i walk to the next map the follower stops for like half a second then teleports back behind me.
    hope u reply so I can screen record these things, tested it on a whole fresh essentials with only the hotfix v21 and the follower plugin.

Also another issue it seems like rock climb ex plugin kinda makes the follower's movements not smooth. (not related to the other issue)

Back