• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Following Pokemon EX

Niteslayer

Shogun
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    how do you make the first pokemon or even all pokemon coming out without pokeball just like the hgss format but on v18 essentials?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    When I first installed the plugin, everything worked fine but now I can't talk to the pokemon. Is there a way to fix that or will there be a patch? I also added the script command but it only works when they first come out.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    When I first installed the plugin, everything worked fine but now I can't talk to the pokemon. Is there a way to fix that or will there be a patch? I also added the script command but it only works when they first come out.

Disregard that, I just needed Follower_Config.. I'm new to all the plugin stuff.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Thank you for this script, it is working perfectly fine!

I have a couple of questions, any help would be truly appreciated.

Could I get some guidelines or help on how to make possible the Pokemon go back to its PokeBall when stepping on certain Terrain Tag and then going out again when stepping out of it?

Years
  • Thank you for this script, it is working perfectly fine!

I have a couple of questions, any help would be truly appreciated.

Could I get some guidelines or help on how to make possible the Pokemon go back to its PokeBall when stepping on certain Terrain Tag and then going out again when stepping out of it?
    This would have to be done through events, unfortunately. The Following Pokemon dependent event doesn't refresh on every step taken, so this won't be possible through Terrain Tags.

Years
  • there is this error freezing when I put the Giratina.

I'm not gonna download your shady files for solving your errors. But taking into account what PDM20 said, you either don't have the Giratina sprites, or your map metadata is set to indoors, so Giratina can't physically appear there.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • showing us that you can display the sprite in v18 still tells us NOTHING about your problem. V19.1 is a different beast to v18 and simply assuming everything will work exactly the same across different essential versions is foolish. we know nothing about:
    -The meta data of the map you are testing this in
    -the status of the Giratina's overworld sprite
    -what mods you may have made to FPEX
    -other plugins/scripts in your project.

if you can't provide us that information then we can't provide a solution

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Following Pokemon EX

https://20210830_

View attachment 20210830_.mp4

there is this error freezing when I put the Giratina.

as posted image.

Following Pokemon EX

Following Pokemon EX

Following Pokemon EX

Following Pokemon EX

but the giratina is in the same folder as the other pokemon.

but the giratina is in the same folder as the other pokemon. as in version 18.1 and it's working.

but the giratina is in the same folder as the other pokemon. but in version 19.1 it's not working.

Following Pokemon EX

Following Pokemon EX

giratina 19.1_.gif

Attachments

• Following Pokemon EX
      giratina 2.png
      18.1 KB · Views: 19
    • 20210830_.mp4
      5.3 MB
    • Following Pokemon EX
      20210830_.gif
      15.5 MB · Views: 10
    • Following Pokemon EX
      giratina 19.1_.gif
      8.9 MB · Views: 8
    • Following Pokemon EX
      giratina 19.1_.gif
      8.9 MB · Views: 5
    Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • but the giratina is in the same folder as the other pokemon.
    But what is "the error freezing"? Is there an error message? If yes then can you send that instead of the video, because you are failing miserably at sharing that video.
    Also please read my previous message and make the changes nescessary, and stop spamming the thread with your vague unhelpful bug reports.

Years
  • the error you have.
    Literally nothing in your errorlog has anything to do with Following Pokemon. Atleast try to read your error before spam posting it.

Here lemme describe your issue. Your map metadata is poorly set up. The map of the town where Giratina doesn't appear doesn't have it's "Outdoor" property set to true. The v18 map you showed is a properly set up map, so Giratina appears there. Your map isn't set up properly so it doesn't appear there. I mentioned this earlier, but then again, you didn't bother reading that as well.
    You either don't have the Giratina sprites, or your map metadata is set to indoors, so Giratina can't physically appear there.

If you don't know how to set your map metadata then here's the wiki page for it. Please read it.
    https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Metadata

And no, this has nothing to do with EBDX. EBDX is a battle related plugin, and Following Pokemon has nothing to do with battles.

Back