• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

D/P Blueprints: The Final Force

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    I'm trying to make this the ultimate team. A team that I'll actually build. Took me a lot of thinking, so I'm obviously going to need some help.

Starmie @ Choice Specs ** Misty
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot
    - Surf
    Gonna use her as a Choice Spec Attacker, or possibly Life Orb so I won't be so limited.
    Or I could play reckless, use Wide Lens, and abuse a bunch of 70% acc moves like an idiot ;) (j/k)

Dusknoir @ Leftovers ** Death
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 228 HP / 136 Def / 144 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Fire Punch
    Temporary until I can find something to combat Enemy Heracross with.

Snorlax @ Leftovers ** Uncle Phil
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 172 HP / 40 Atk / 120 Def / 176 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Curse
    - Crunch
    - Body Slam / Return / Earthquake
    - Rest
    Special Tank. Self-Explanatory.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf ** Malachi (Opener)
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 200 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    CS Heracross. Also Self-Explanatory.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry ** Super*****
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 128 HP / 172 Atk / 208 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Ice Fang
    Tyranitar with no Rock Attack?! ARE YOU SERIOUS???
    Yeah, but I'll figure a way to fit Rock Slide / Stone Edge in there. It is of major importance to combat Gyarados as I rampage.

Forretress @ Leftovers ** Testicles
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 Def
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Spikes
    - Substitute / Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Gyro Ball
    Rapid Spiking. Might run Stealth Rock instead since I lost Claydol.

Feedback is appreciated. And yes, I see the big throbbing Infernape weakness, no need to point it out lol.

UPDATES:
    - Changed Tyranitar's EVs. Now optimized to match Garchomp's Speed after 1 Dragon Dance.
    - Swapped Gliscor for Claydol.
    - Added Forretress.
    - Swapped Claydol for Dusknoir until further notice.
    - All new Tyranitar! Fixed EVs for more HP, and now has Speed for the full ensurance of outspeeding Garchomp after one Dance. Might do further optimization for outspeeding Infernape. Replaced Ice Beam with Ice Fang and replaced Stone Edge with Crunch.
    - Modified Heracross's EVs.
    - Added Nicknames. (Not that it matters :p)
    - Optimized Tyranitar's EVs to outrun Infernape after 1 Dragon Dance.
    - Exchanged Dusknoir's Focus Punch for Fire Punch for Heracross Combat.

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    XD my ttar runs ice beam too, but i didn't get that from smogon =x i think the issue is that it still gets walled by that *expletive* levitating bell, so you may want to consider crunch over stone edge. i know -- what about gyara switch-ins?? well, ttar doesn't need that many special attack evs to combat dragons and bulky grounds, so i suggest investing more than half of them into HP so that ttar can take harder hits and deliver even harder ones. plus, the most used dragon, garchomp, almost always has choice scarf, outrunning ttar even after two DDs and man are you going to want ttar to be able to take that hit and pull off another DD. as a matter of fact, i'd suggest taking some out of attack and putting it into HP as well. that many atk evs on DD ttar? now that's just being stingy.

give starmie some HP silly. not that it entirely needs the 252 SP ATK to 2HKO and OHKO what it can and can't with less. sure, it makes somewhat of a significant difference when you include choice specs in the mix, but really, starmie is no fun without being able to take hits.

give heracross HP too. well, it's not necessary -- he's a bulkyish bug, but i can't remember the last time where having above 396 speed had any more of a impact over his ability to hit everything in the game.

gliscor... i won't change on my opinion about X4 ice weaknesses and yache berry. an instant and endless pair that should not be separated for all time. i don't know why, but i'm overly obsessed with that battle-changing earthquake used to rid of a weavile, vaporeon, electivire, etc.

oh and as of your 6th member... you have no status inflicters! maybe i'm just a cheap battler, but battling is no fun without status infliction =O. are there any rapid spinners w/ WoW? you could probably use something that has knock off instead, and also has priority moves -- donphan being one example. ooh also blastoise w/ aqua jet. hitmontop -- love that guy. provides priority attack options w/ technician + rspin. your team could probably use reflect -- claydol. finally, kabutops -- has knock off, rapid spin, aqua jet, and benefits from both sandstream + rain dance.

Last edited:

Iceman3k

Years
    I did consider Donphan for a second, but it made me think of how much of a Water type weakness I'd be at.

Tyranitar, I might run a little more HP, and less Sp. Attack, but I want to make sure I can drop Salamence / Dragonite / Gliscor / other random 4x Ice Weak Pokemon in a OHKO before I consider doing that. And I might change the item to Passho Berry in case Gyarados does want to provoke me into assaulting.

Giving Starmie HP (301 HP)only leaves me with 260 SAtk to start with, which is a considerably low amount. Don't know if I want to suffer a big loss of damage.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Claydol@leftovers
    Impish / Bold Nature
    252 HP / 114 DEF / 144 SP.DEF
    - Earthquake / Earth Power
    - Explosion / Stone Edge / Ice beam
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock / Calm mind / Toxic / Rest

Maybe for a Rapid Spinner. There are only four good ones in D/P : - Forretress, Starmie, Donphan and Claydol which i have put there.

Donphan add weakness to your team as you said
    Starmie you have but you have the Specs/ Life Orb set which Rapid Spin wont turn out well on. If you use Rapid Spin on Starmie with Life Orb you loose 10% of your health for just a Rapid Spin lol
    Forretress would be pointless because you have Gliscor as a Physical wall .

Only one Left is Claydol which is a good Dual Wall which can take a Draco meteor and still be alive, just. It also walls Infernape somewhat, errm however just watch out for the Nasty Plot and Grass Knot of Mix Ape.

Last edited:

Iceman3k

Years
    Made some changes.

- Changed Tyranitar's EVs. Now optimized to match Garchomp's Speed after 1 Dragon Dance.
    - Added Forretress.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    =o you've lost your hera counter. i'd really consider giving claydol psychic if you're going to stick with it for countering hera. maybe even reflect.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm trying to make this the ultimate team. A team that I'll actually build. Took me a lot of thinking, so I'm obviously going to need some help.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot
    - Surf
    Gonna use him as a Choice Spec Attacker, or possibly Life Orb so I won't be so limited.
    Or I could play reckless, use Wide Lens, and abuse a bunch of 70% acc moves like an idiot ;) (j/k)

Okay...good

Claydol @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    Rapid Spin.

I like EQ...but it is fine the way it is.

Snorlax @ Leftovers ** Uncle Phil lol
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 172 HP / 40 Atk / 120 Def / 176 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Curse
    - Crunch
    - Body Slam / Return / Earthquake
    - Rest
    Special Tank. Self-Explanatory.

Again, fine...

Heracross @ Choice Scarf ** Malachi
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    CS Heracross. Also Self-Explanatory.

How I love CBcross! But this is fine...

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 48 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Spd / 64 SAtk
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Beam
    Pretty strange Tyranitar set. Ice Beam to combat the opposing Dragon Attackers. And I'ma be honest, I got the Ice Beam idea from... Smogon.
    *GASP*

OMG OMG OMG Smogon? Anyways, I actually don't like the IB idewa much, since CBtar's avalanche can dish out that same kind of damage. I'd replace with taunt or another physical attack...unless you want a special attack, which I guess would be fine too...

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 Def
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Spikes
    - Substitute / Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Gyro Ball
    Yes I know having 2 spinners is redundancy, hush

you can never have too many spinners :) Fine...

I appear to need a 6th member but I don't know what to use. I was looking for something that could Rapid Spin (Not Starmie, she's Sp. Sweeping) just so Spikes / Stealth Rock doesn't irritate me.

Feedback is appreciated. And yes, I see the big throbbing Infernape weakness, no need to point it out lol.

UPDATES:
    - Added Forretress.

You pointed out the flaws yourself...pretty good. Edit in ittalics...

Years
    I think you should swap forry for a spiritomb. Status effect = yay! Spikes aren't nearly as much fun without Roar/whirlwind. If you are concerned about losing a RapidSpinner, then you can give starmie expert belt and drop Grass Knot for RSpin....

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I think you should swap forry for a spiritomb. Status effect = yay! Spikes aren't nearly as much fun without Roar/whirlwind. If you are concerned about losing a RapidSpinner, then you can give starmie expert belt and drop Grass Knot for RSpin....

I don't see expert belt doing much for starmie :/ Wouldn't life orb be a bit...better?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah, but can starmie handle the HP loss. With natural cure, it will be switching alot, so it needs the HP to switch in. Surf and Boltbeaming hits a lot for super effective.

Not really :/ Boltbeam doesn't hit many pokemon supereffective, more for normally effective hits. I suppose it's personal preference. As usual.

Iceman3k

Years
    This is pretty difficult lol.
    I'll do a damage check, and see how much Ice Fang would do compared to Ice Beam. I might run that on Tyranitar instead.

Also, replacing Claydol with Dusknoir until further notice. See edit on first post.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Thanks smarties, newbs are getting to be such a hazard, I need some Anti-Newb repellent. And I think you should keep Dusknoir, he's pretty dang good. I run him with Ice Punch, not Focus, but thats a different debate.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    This is pretty difficult lol.
    I'll do a damage check, and see how much Ice Fang would do compared to Ice Beam. I might run that on Tyranitar instead.

Also, replacing Claydol with Dusknoir until further notice. See edit on first post.

In regards to Ice Beam or Ice Fang, id say Ice Beam as it hits some of the standard Tyranitar switch ins harder than Ice Fang does, for example, Garchomp, Hipowdon, Torterra, Gliscor etc.

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
    Years
    Hmmm, as you said yourself, you have a HUGE Infernape weakness, so I think if you replace Dusknoir for Gliscor with (I'm just trying, I never intended to make a moveset / EV Spread for one :P):

Gliscor @ Lefties.
    Nature: Impish (+Def / -Sp.Atk)
    EVs: 212 HP / 152 Atk / 146 Def
    -Aerial Ace (Yep, to make OHKOs to Heracross and Infernape)
    -EQ (STAB)
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roost

There you go, you also have Stealth Rock in again. I think you need it (although I'm not sure about the EV Spread, but I think you need the Atk to OHKO Infernape, else infest more in Def).

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Dusknoir isnt really Infernape weak, Close Combat doesn;t hit it, And it has enough special defense to fend off fire attacks, and what'll Grass Knot do? Annoy it? And Earthquake isnt a big threat either.

Back