• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlassicXL

Death & Design
Years
  • K, thanks just saw it. Anybody got the Youtube link, so I could check the music out?

Edit. Never mind. Saw it in his signature just now.

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • just because the battle systems and the way pokemon works is being changed doesnt take it away from the fact that its pokemon, its got pokemon in it!
    just because CA isnt abiding to the rules that they made up when they made the original editions, doesn't mean it cant be made in another way as well. he just wants it to be realistic

this may have finished a while ago but there was a lot of posts when i checked it

Saiya-jin

This Toyshops Goin To War
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    just because the battle systems and the way pokemon works is being changed doesnt take it away from the fact that its pokemon, its got pokemon in it!
    just because CA isnt abiding to the rules that they made up when they made the original editions, doesn't mean it cant be made in another way as well. he just wants it to be realistic

this may have finished a while ago but there was a lot of posts when i checked it

Well obviously, what I was saying was that certain Pokemon would be insanely hard to fight, and of course it would still be Pokemon, but if you changed too much it wouldn't have the Pokemon feel, like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or whatever its called is still a Pokemon game, but to ME, doesn't fell like a Pokemon game.....also Ranger

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Thank you, so much everyone. I cannot tell you how much I love all this criticism, and please keep it coming.

Alright, time to address a few things, and give a little insight on things.

First off, I ran across a post about respect. Now, respect is something that goes around and comes around. When I had first posted this thread (over a year ago), I asked people to respect the staff members, but I have hence changed that. Respect is not a right, it is something that is earned. And this goes both ways, and everyone needs to be respectful to each other, and their feelings. So with that in mind, lets all be mature about this, and be nice to one another. I don't want to get stuck in another crossfire between opposing PokéFan Tribes. So once again, lets all keep our cool, and our manners close by our keyboards.

Now, I have to say, I absolutely love all the criticism about the battle system, and how you are all proposing your own ideas, and thoughts about it. And like mentioned by a few people, this is not supposed to be a "remake", it's supposed to be a creation. We don't want the battle system to be exactly the same, because that would be incredibly dull compared to the rest of the new features that will be implemented within the game. But we also do not want to stray to far from the campsite, if you know what I mean, because if we do, we will only end up getting lost. Also, do not forget, the battle system is a key feature of the game, it is my top priority to make sure that this feature will give the player to abilty to control, and command their Pokémon in new, and amazing ways that will lead to more enjoyable battles, and greater satisfaction.

Now, there are many more concepts and elements that I and a few team members have been discussing. Hopefully within the next few weeks, we will have the system ready for creation, and at which point I will explain some of it's advancements.

Now, self training is a fragile element, and for it to be incorporated will require a lot of work. Not that we are not already doing a lot of work, but what I mean is that this one feature could completely offset the balance of the game if not handled properly. Like I said, we are exploring the possibilities of this feature, and we will continue to do so. But the future of this particular element if very foggy to say the least.

I think that is about it for now, I'll be online this entire weekend, including Monday. And I'm sorry for not being active the past few days, exams are coming up in school, and I got three projects to create. But do not worry, despite my busy schedual, I'm trying my best to fit in as much work-time as possible.

Thank you all for your great criticism, it only makes the frame of this game stronger.

Sincerely,
    Captain Arcane

KlassicXL

Death & Design
    Years
  • What I really want to know is the story. I'd like to have a more in depth summary of the story, when do you think you'll be posting it up since the background story is a major attention grabber for me?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Yeh. i just listened to some POA music from gsc and it is awsome, it is much better quality than the music in the games and it still sounds familiar to the pokemon games. cool :)

And how is that possible? I don't understand.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Variant conceptor = produces concepts for variants, so yeah, just coming up with ideas.

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • on the first post it says there are 3 tpes of evolution parralell, divergent and convergent
    are these new or are they just the normal:
    evolving at level
    evolving with item
    evolving by trade

if they are new is there any chance you can tell us what there gonna be.

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • no, they mean the evolution of the species as a whole, like on the galapagos islands, there are tropical penguins, giant tortises, and carnivorous finches, and most of the species there have different coloring, if you want to know all the details go to a search engine and type in types of evolution

aerowolf

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    On evolution

I agree with Pika on this issue. One example they gave in the anime on the evolution topic was the island where all the Pokemon were pink because of the berries they ate. Another example is the crystal Onix in the Johto series, who also lived in a lake. The Pokemon variation designer would create variations like these examples, and invent/create decent reasons for the changes. The Crystal Onix, for example, could be explained by being super-heated from digging too far underground, or even just too close to a volcano and getting hit by magma, (perhaps he was trying to become a steelix?) then cooled by digging into the lake accidentally...making crystal. Things like that would probably be in the job description.

hvsep

Pimpster.
    Years
  • The maps are incredible. This Pallet Town is so much more realistic than the real games. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2009
    Hey guys, I made an account here for the sole purpose of congratulating you guys on your work so far, it looks amazing, and I can't wait until the release. However, I do have one question. will there be a way to play it on a portable device, such as an ipod touch or a DS?
    If there is a way to turn it into a GBA or DS ROM, this may perhaps become more epic than RBY was back in the day.

good luck!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Hey guys, I made an account here for the sole purpose of congratulating you guys on your work so far, it looks amazing, and I can't wait until the release. However, I do have one question. will there be a way to play it on a portable device, such as an ipod touch or a DS?
    If there is a way to turn it into a GBA or DS ROM, this may perhaps become more epic than RBY was back in the day.

good luck!

1. If you don't belong here, maybe you should leave.
    2. Read the rules.
    3. There are no release dates, and there won't be any for a long time.
    4. This game will not be playable on portable devices.
    5. This is not a ROM.
    6. No, this game will never be as epic as R/B/Y. In fact, no Pokémon games ever made will be as influential as the originals.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • 1. If you don't belong here, maybe you should leave.
    2. Read the rules.
    5. This is not a ROM.
    6. No, this game will never be as epic as R/B/Y. In fact, no Pokémon games ever made will be as influential as the originals.
    1. He has every right to be here.
    2. He didn't break any rules.
    3. He didn't ask for any release dates.
    4. That was a perfectly valid and politely worded question for someone that obviously doesn't know much about game making programs.
    5. He never mentioned it being a ROM. And see the previous point for the same reason.
    6. R/B/Y weren't epic. No Pokémon game has been epic. So, yes, this game, along with any other, has every chance of being more epic than R/B/Y. He never said anything about the game being influential.

Seriously, what's with the attitude to someone who only joined to be complimentary to somebody's work?

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2009
    1. If you don't belong here, maybe you should leave.
    2. Read the rules.
    5. This is not a ROM.

1. whatever.
    2. I did read the rules
    3.I never asked for a release date
    4. thank you for answering my question
    5. i know it's not a ROM, i was wondering if it could be ported, or be made to work on a portable device.
    6. Opinions are opinions, whatever.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Moose, you were a bit rude in answering the questions -_-'

But, there is always the possibility that someone could port the Sphere engine over to the iTouch or DS. ( If Cube can be ported to the iTouch, Sphere definitely could )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back