• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

www.pokecommunity.mobi (beta)

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
  • I've been having trouble with load times for this .mobi address.

I did some tests with the .com and .mobi addresses and in some cases the regular site was TWICE as fast.

So maybe it would be better for you guys to just design a mobile friendly THEME...not some new url address that changes the site.
    -Text header
    -Text buttons for new thread, new replys, etc.
    -Maybe a way to default JUST FOR THIS THEME to have no signatures or avatars
    Stuff like that.

Here are some themes I found that would work great:
    Would work for all mobile phone themes: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108640
    One specifically for iPhone/iPod Touch users: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171947

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • hey well its an automated process.. and its still in beta.. PC (any forum really) is hard to do on a limited mobile as its very data heavy (forms too..) so this automated .mobi thing is just a stop-gap until we generate a proper mobile only theme.. that auto-detects mobile browsing.

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
  • hey well its an automated process.. and its still in beta.. PC (any forum really) is hard to do on a limited mobile as its very data heavy (forms too..) so this automated .mobi thing is just a stop-gap until we generate a proper mobile only theme.. that auto-detects mobile browsing.
    Ah well, should be good once you guys can work out the issues. Meanwhile, I have 600 MB of data transfer a month, so it's good enough for me. :P

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Yeah I know, but to me, there can still be a theme out there in the mean time even if it doesn't auto detect if the user is on a mobile phone. A simple, and mostly image-less theme, would be much better placeholder than the .mobi address, and really the whole reason why I made this thread.

Here are some themes I found that would work great:
    Would work for all mobile phone themes: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108640
    One specifically for iPhone/iPod Touch users: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171947

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I always browse PC on my iPod Touch, it works on basically everything =]

However this feature will be helpful to people who want to take PC everywhere ^^

Wish you all the luck..

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    "This site uses technologies that can not be used on a mobile device"

Thats the message i got.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • "This site uses technologies that can not be used on a mobile device"

Thats the message i got.

I got that message when I first looked at it. If you click the image,you can get it displayed fine for some reason xD

Have tested this on my BlackBerry Curve 8900 (Javelin). It all works okay except for that same problem everyone gets with the login form. The rest of the front page works absolutely fine, so it's great for browsing, just not logging in to post.

Maybe this will be fixed in future firmware on peoples' phones?

Back