• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

www.pokecommunity.mobi (beta)

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    We are trying a new service that converts a regular website into a mobile friendly, device tailored mobile friendly site.

For those of you with web-enabled mobiles, try www.pokecommunity.mobi in your mobile's browser.

Not all PC features will work and I have no web-enabled phone myself to test this, so currently it will remain unsupported and in public beta.

Here are the Known Limitations (stuff that may not work):

• Image maps
    • Flash objects
    • Frames
    • Ecommerce (since SSL not supported)
    • Certain forms, particularly where there is a dependency on JavaScript
    • Ads that are not Google or Admob
    • MX records - DNS MX records are a known limitation of the Instant Mobilizer service: The domain can be used for web only - other services are not possible due to the fact the DNS server for the domain is controlled by dotMobi. This means that you cannot use email with an Instant Mobilized domain.
    • Tables used for layout purposes
    • The service mobilizes all the second-level and all third-level and deeper sub-domains of a site - it is currently not possible to selectively mobilize parts of a domain
    • Can only mobilize a top level domain; eg cannot use to mobilize watchshop.yahoostores.com
    • Site traffic meters
    • JavaScript pop-ups and mouseover behaviors
    Comments, bugs, your thoughts on this please.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    And I've just run out of credit. :[

But on my brothers phone, it's okay. But I'll stick to PC on the computer for now.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ...aww, not supported by my device and I just got it today. :[

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    That's pretty cool, but unfortunately my mom blocked the Internet on my phone because it was costing too much... x3

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I tried it on the DS Browser, which is usually recognised as a mobile phone, just now and it isn't compatible.

EDIT: Oops, it is sort of compatible. It's just the login form that doesn't work for some reason which makes is slightly useless for posting.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    what did it display? i loaded it into my firefox to get that screenshot shown in the post.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the login form so I can browse but not post. xD
    "Form not supported by your device, please contact is at 174133255180."

I can't exactly say the mobi version is user friendly exactly. It seems it's one post per page. It would be nice if it were three to a page at least though. I can't be bothered to press the page numbers everytime. x.x

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I checked on my phone and was able to log in without no problems.

I still prefer the full site through my iPhone however, but this is a good idea for phones who cannot access the full site thorugh their mobile phone.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm thinking you should create a very simple style specifically for mobile phones so it's less of a hassle when coming to the mobile version of PC.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Not supported on the iTouch or iPhone :|

Still working on my iTouch/iPhone application for PC Steve :P

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    well it is a beta for us.. and well its a hosted service and some stuff isn't fully supported.

so those of you that can use it, do so.. the rest of you, use what you've been using :p

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    You can visit the main site on iTouch/Phones.
    That's what I do.
    I know, but I'm writing an app designed specifically to make PC easier to use.
    Although a simple mobile theme would be more practical and cross-handheld.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Wow, sounds awesome. This makes me tempted to try it out on my phone, even though I don't have unlimited Internet.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I would try this is I had a wed-enabled device. It looks good though, who knows.. I may be trying it soon.

Back