• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eos [PG-14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Note: Sign-ups are still OPEN. However, we're now taking SUs in our OOC thread.

The Introduction

Welcome to the first forum-based RPG I've GMed on PC in, well, awhile. Some of you might recognize me from the fanfiction forums, although it's not the first time I've ventured into the RP forums. The following is a game inspired by the book Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, only more like a couple musical numbers away from being an actual parody of the way the Battle School works. Anyway, feel free to join, ask questions, enjoy the game, whatever.

And sorry for the tl;dr first post. You'll really need every bit of this information. I promise.

Story

Slowly, you wake up. It's dark, and it's difficult to make out anything about your room. You have a pounding headache. A strange, metal bracelet is attached to your arm, and you can't take it off. There are other people here, but no one knows where they are either or how they got there. In a nearby wall, you can see a window. Though your body feels almost too heavy to stand, you get up and force yourself to move towards it. When you look out of it, you can see the face of a barren planet.

Soon after you arrive, a robot enters the room and explains your situation. On Earth, you somehow caught the attention of the people who maintain this ship. (This may be because you excelled in certain fields, or it may be because you happened to be walking down a particular street one day.) So, you and all the others aboard the station known as Eos were chosen by a mysterious group called the Benefactors in order to hone your talents so that you may eventually protect Earth. From what, you're never told.

Instead, you're given a crystal that contains one Pokémon partner. You're given a silver uniform trimmed with the color of your team. You're given a team, or the group of people in the room with you at the time, all of whom are there to help each other and serve as a family. And then, you're given the Battlefield: a vast, empty room in the middle of Eos where you, your partner, and your teammates will compete against nine other teams for a group of artifacts called Fragments. You're told that if you win, you'll move on to the next trial, but if you lose, you'll be sent back to Earth.

It might seem fun at first, and your teammates are excited. Yet, you can't help but notice that something seems odd about this whole ordeal. The games start out innocent enough, but they turn harder and more vicious with each round you survive. The Benefactors are never seen, and they very rarely speak to you outside of explaining the next game. Lastly, you can't help but look down at the barren planet and wonder just where in the universe you actually are.

Any attempts to break into the system and discover more about Eos are, strangely, not thwarted. What do they want from you and the others? What actually happens to the people who disappear? Where are you?

All those questions, and you feel like you have only a limited amount of time to answer them. After all, it may be your team that gets ejected next.

How to Play

Rules
    1. Basic RP rules apply. No godmodding, no powergaming, no drama over the game, keep OOC and IC separate, no Mary Sues, talk to each other in order to develop plot, that sort of thing.
    - 1a. Yes, you might excel at something. No, you're still not allowed to have a Mary Sue.
    2. Additionally, all PC rules apply.
    3. Please be active. There's probably going to be a lot of characters, and in order to move along in the plot, we need all of you to work together to keep it going. Anyone who's not active may just be ejected with the rest of their team.
    4. Games will usually occur on weekends unless they carry over to weekdays due to length and complexity. As in, be prepared to be active on weekends, with the rest of the week free for you to interact with anyone you want (even people who aren't on the same team as yours).
    5. This is a literate game. Chatspeak and barely readable posts will not be taken seriously.
    6. Any other questions you may have will be answered in the Q&A. Please read them as well.

The Game
    On Friday night (EST), the GM will announce the next game. (There are seven of these in total, and they can be anything from Capture the Flag to a scavenger hunt to an all-out Pokémon melee.) You and your team must move to the Battlefield, where the game explanation and rules will be described. Once that's completed, the Battlefield will shift in appearance (and, for that matter, gravity), and it's your job to complete the objectives given to you before the other teams eliminate all of your players either by disabling your partner, you, or both through battling, cheap shots, or other creative uses of the environment and situation. (Yes, this is a vicious game. It's full of backstabby goodness.) Once a team is completely eliminated, they're removed from the battlefield. The first one to do so is automatically in last place, while the one to complete the objectives and survive the entire round without being eliminated receives the Fragment and first pick. (The team in last place not only gets ejected but also gives up one teammate for each of the surviving teams.) In other words, the first-place winner gets the Fragment and the best player of the team in last place. The remaining members of the team in last place are ejected from Eos.

The bracelets on your wrist mark your status as a player. They're your ID tags, your Poké Balls, and your closet. Basically, for most things, you can press your bracelet against a scanner to identify yourself. You can point your bracelet at your Pokémon to recall them. And, more importantly, if you press a certain button on the bracelet, a silver goo will suddenly come out and cover most of your body. When it resolves, you'll be wearing an insulated, tight, silver uniform trimmed with your team's colors on the shoulders, top part of the back and chest, and arms. Additionally, it'll give you a helmet in your team's colors, complete with a visor that serves as a computer to track your opponents and take data from your surroundings. All of this crappy description adds up to, basically, the fact that your bracelet is your henshin wand. Don't you feel manly?

Now, your Pokémon partner. You get only one that you can choose OOC. (IC, your character has no choice; whatever they get is completely random, as is their placement on a team.) While there's no set levels (as in, we don't make note of it in the game), every round that you and your partner survive, your Pokémon gains five levels. So, for example, your partner starts off at level 1. After winning a round, your Pokémon will be boosted to level 6. Hence, by the end of the game, your Pokémon should be at level 41.

But wait! That's not high enough for your Pokémon to fully evolve, isn't it? Don't worry. In the downtime between games, you have the ability to roam the entirety of Eos. There's a training room somewhere on the station where you and your Pokémon can go to train and gain one level per visit. As in, you need to go in the training room, train for a bit, and leave to gain one level, then go back after interacting with other character to do it again to gain another. There's also other rooms where you might be able to find evolution stones and trade machines in order to get the Pokémon you want, but you need to haggle with the NPC bots in order to set up an evolution.

Other than that, in your downtime, you're free to roam the station as much as you'd like. In fact, you're encouraged to do so because there's tons of fun little plots you could be having, either as a result of interacting with other characters or because you're really getting the feeling there's something wrong here. There's certain doors that can't be opened, however, and on the computers located throughout Eos, there's certain files you can't access. Or, at least, you can't get to them without a bit of skill and cleverness. Luckily, that's part of the reason why you're here.

Signing Up

When signing up, just fill in the profile below. You may choose your starter and team from the ones under Team below. As a note, no, you can't take any starter that has already been claimed, but you're free to join any team you'd like, even if there's someone already on it.

Name: Character name. Full name, nickname, both, I don't care.
    Age: Your character must be 15 or older. Sorry, but do you think you'd be noticed by some mysterious group of folks if you just started on your Pokémon journey?
    Gender: Male or female. Check your pants. You've got something there.
    Normal Appearance: Four lines minimum. No pictures; those will be rejected on sight. Yes, you have normal Earth clothes as well. Unless you were naked when you were abducted. (At which point, it kinda sucks to be you.)
    Battle Appearance: For some of you, transforming into your battle uniform might change your appearance slightly. Other than the uniform described above, what do you look like? Temporary changes (gaining of sunglasses, randomly gaining makeup and jewelry, or putting your hair up, for example) only. No disappearing/reappearing tattoos, piercings that you don't already have, or hair/eye color changes. This field is completely optional.
    Personality: Four lines minimum. Be as detailed as possible. The Benefactors will want to exploit the crap out of this one.
    History: Four lines minimum. Detail your character's life on Earth. This also serves as an occupation field, so tell us what you were doing for a living before randomly getting abducted by the Benefactors.
    Team: Pick a color. Any color.
    Pokémon Partner: All you need here is a Pokémon species from the list below, but if you want to give your partner a bit more detail (personality, gender, name, et cetera), feel free to do so here.
    Other Things To Know: Is your character allergic to pollen? Vegan? Afraid of clowns? Jewish? Talk about whatever else the above doesn't cover for as long as you want.
    Writing Sample: Just to make sure you're literate, give us a taste of how you play.

Teams

Each team is represented with not only a color but also, initially, a type specialty. Likewise, each team has a leader called a captain, whose duty is to plan the strategies for each round as well as take care of the rest of the team.

For a full listing of active teams and available starters, click here.

Spoiler tags for supplemental material from here on out. Click to get a better idea of what you're looking at.

Spoiler:

Q&A

Q. So, what do we do here?
    A. You've got three goals:
    1. Survive.
    2. Find out why you're getting creeped out by being here (other than, you know, being forced to fight against other people in weird and twisted games).
    3. Figure out why you need to be trained to protect Earth. As in, why is Earth even in danger?

Q. Can I reserve a spot?
    A. Technically, there's no reservations because there's no maximum number of spots that this game has. So, I won't respond to "reserve!" posts because, well, you don't really need to worry about it.

Q. When does the game start?
    A. The game starts when there's a total of five people signed up to play.

Q. How many characters can I have?
    A. If you think you can play them all, as many as you'd like.

Q. Do the levels matter for anything other than when I can evolve my Pokémon?
    A. No. Your Pokémon already knows pretty much any move it's capable of learning via leveling up or hatching by default. (TMs/HMs are bought through a system of points. Read the description of Eos to find out where to earn points and how to spend them.)

Q. OMG you forgot (insert Pokémon here)!
    A. No, I didn't. The criteria for choosing which Pokémon could be chosen as partners went as follows: no legendaries, nothing that can't travel easily on floors, nothing that weighed a ton/couldn't fit in the corridors, and nothing that couldn't evolve by any means. This narrowed things down considerably.

The only exception to this rule has to do with the only team besides Violet and White to have one type: Black. The reason why is because according to all of these rules (and the rule mentioned below about how Violet takes on every Pokémon family that's at least part Flying), Black Team would only have three possible starters. Opening up Black Team to pretty much everything Dark-type broadened the selection considerably.

And for anyone who says I didn't put Eevee in White Team, look at Black Team. Yes, again, this means that that Eevee will only evolve into Umbreon. You're in space, and the robots are faulty. Why wouldn't it?

Q. Why is Azurill part of Blue Team? Isn't it Normal? And why is Stunky part of Black Team when its primary type is Poison?
    A. The rest of Azurill's family are Water-types. Also, the Stunky family is part Dark, so it falls under the "anything that's almost completely Dark and can walk on land was thrown into Black Team" rule.

Q. Why is (insert Pokémon here) in Violet Team? Isn't it (insert type here)?
    A. All Pokémon families that have Flying as their secondary type are classified as Flying according to this system. Note I said "Pokémon families." As in, every Pokémon of that family needs to be part Flying. This is why you have Pokémon like Scyther and Togepi being classed in other teams, even if they start out as/evolve into Pokémon that are part Flying. The exception to this is Murkrow, which was grouped in Black Team for the reasons mentioned in the question about forgotten Pokémon.

Don't ask why I didn't just decide to not include a team that specializes in Flying-types. The math was complicated enough as it is with every type in.

Q. OMG MY TEAM GOT EJECTED WHAT DO I DO?
    A. Relax. Chances are, you'll be transferred to another team, even if the robots decide to bend the rules because the Benefactors like you for some reason. Alternatively, if you just want your character to play by the rules, now's a good time to grab a fresh profile. There's a ton of team members that aren't going to be named, so feel free to decide you were there all along.

Q. Are signups going to be closed after the game starts?
    A. No. As stated above, there's ways to get in the game, even if the game's in full motion. Eos is a big place with a lot of people, so it's perfectly logical for you to come in and say, "'Sup, guys?"

Q. Who's going to win?/What's on the Fourth Floor?/Other random questions about secrets this intro post didn't tell me!
    A. Ah-ah-ah. No cheating.

Q. Why are the captain slots in the team section blank?/Can I be a team captain?
    A. The captain slots are blank because there are no captains yet. If you want to try to apply as a captain, mention that you want the position somewhere in your post and follow up with an amazing character application.

Q. What canon is this?
    A. Anime, seemingly present-day.

As an added bonus, if you want to request to have canon characters appear on Eos, you're free to do so. Unless you specify a team or take them as your own characters, however, their placement will be randomized. Likewise, they'll all be NPCs (unless, again, you've taken them as your own character) and therefore controlled by yours truly.

Q. Can I app for a canon character?
    A. If you think you can pull it off, go for it.

Q. I've got a Pokémon that evolves by happiness/during the day/in Mt. Coronet. Will it evolve?
    A. Happiness evolutions may occur after the first round its current form fights in. So, for example, if you have a Pichu, it will be able to evolve if you can make it past the first round. If you have a Golbat that evolved from your Zubat in round three, it needs to fight and win the fourth round to be able to evolve.

Daytime evolutions and other time-based evolutions will still occur without a problem, under the same conditions. The exception is still Eevee. Don't ask why.

Mt. Coronet evolutions such as Nosepass to Probopass will need to occur in the training rooms. Why? Break into the Zeroth Floor sometime, and you might get an answer.

Approved Characters
    A full listing of our current cast is located on our OOC thread.

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
    If possible, I'd like to reserve a spot. I haven't read the whole post yet, as in, 2 more things, but even if I can't, hopefully my SU will go here!

EDIT: Just read no reserves......xD

EDITEDIT:

So......our OPkemon can use ANY moves it learns by level up, egg moves, AND TM's? Without limit?

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    This vaguely reminds me of Ender's Game.

Ah, well. Time to waste two hours again. I know I really SHOULD be doing my History papers right now, though...

SU In Progress!

*shameless placeholder*

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    ((i seem to ask this in every single RP i apply for, but are we playing this in a Pokéworld that consists of real-world continents plus the Pokémon-game islands, or just the islands by themselves?))

Name: Peter St. Cyr
    Normal Appearance: Skin the color of raw coffee beans and dark, alert eyes. He also features a shining, shaven head, a somewhat rangy build, a strong broad nose and a very white, albeit rarely seen, smile. He carries himself very erect, his superior posture having been drilled in by his military father. He was abducted returning from a wedding, and therefore he's wearing a strangely formal outfit consisting of a white dress shirt, plain black slacks and dress shoes. He'll often remove the dress shirt to reveal a more casual white tanktop underneath, a much less restricting garment in his view.
    Personality: Intense and serious, for the most part - his most significantly noticeable fault upon meeting him for the first time is his apparent lack of a sense of humor. He can be a strong leader when called upon to be, but usually he prefers to bide his time and wait until he has something useful to say before speaking up. Peter can be very stubborn and argumentative, though not for the sake of being so - if he comes to understand the other's point of view he will most likely relinquish the debate to them. On the other hand, when he decides he believes in something, he doesn't do so lightly, so it can be very hard to sway him.
    History: Born and raised in Confettiport City ((lame name sorry but I was trying to make it sound pokemonish)) in the small coastal region of Lusan, in a safely wealthy household dominated by his father, a colonel, and his mother, a doctor. As a child he was encouraged (and not lightly so) to strive for excellence in school and athletics. He ran track, swam, played chess and practiced martial arts (mostly kung-fu although he dabbled in other styles), all while maintaining high grades in the private Catholic school he was enrolled in. Though the family had a Growlithe as a pet, Peter never had enough time to raise Pokémon of his own or train them for battle. The thought of going on a Pokémon journey never even occurred to him - he was more concerned about getting into a prestigious military academy, as per his father's (and his own) wishes. So he was surprised as anyone when he was teleported onto this mysterious ship for the express purpose of working with creatures he had very little familiarity with.
    Team: Orange
    Pokémon Partner: Trapinch, female, generally very docile and easygoing although she has very quick reflexes. Mostly she needs to work on improving her offensive skills. Peter calls her Sandy most of the time, because he's just that creative.
    Other Things To Know: His handwriting is near-illegible and he cracks his knuckles a lot.
    Writing Sample: Peter removed his jacket the minute he was out of sight of the reception area, draping it over one arm and unbuttoning his shirt a bit. The night air was pleasant and warm on his skin. He wiped the beads of sweat that had accumulated on the side of his head and along the length of his collarbone away. Too many people packed in too close together, that plus the heat from the bonfire - what kind of wedding had a bonfire anyway? - and the leftover heat from the summer day had conspired to suffocate him. It felt much better now that he was away from all that.

A faint buzzing reached his ears, something like the noise you hear when you're sitting too close to the TV - a high-frequency noise that felt like it almost might only be in your head. He touched his earlobe, pausing for a minute, then dismissed it as one of those things that would pass, an aftershadow of the loud treble of the party chatter. He continued on, shoes clicking against pavement of the long pathway that led to the parking lot. Then he stopped again. The noise hadn't gone away.

Something was wrong. He turned around and there was a sudden jolt of something powerful in his body, nothing like he'd ever felt before, electical and unreal. His lips fell apart from each other, opening into a wet triangle of disbelief. His jacket fell from his arm, there was a white white light, and then nothing.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    EDIT: Just read no reserves......xD

'S all right. XD Feel free to take your time.

So......our OPkemon can use ANY moves it learns by level up, egg moves, AND TM's? Without limit?

Well, the only limits really being limits to physics. As in, "You want to use Dig? On a spaceship?" (Or, in other words, if there's not enough resources or hull to prevent what you're doing from becoming a stupid idea, then you probably don't want to use it. I might need to make a list of moves that can't actually be used on a ship because of this, but it depends on whether people need one or if they can pretty much figure out what can and can't based on the way moves are shown/usually described.)

Other than that, at the time I was writing the first post, I thought it'd be interesting to have no limit to what moves can be accessed off the bat. If anyone thinks that'd be broken, though, I'm completely willing to work on that part. (If this is the case, TMs might be dispensed by the robots as well. What do people think?)

This vaguely reminds me of Ender's Game.

As it should. I was totally not reading Ender's Shadow while coming up with this plot. XD

Edit: Someone got in while I was posting this. Sorry, Spearow. I'm a bit slow. ^_^;

Anyway, to answer your question, usually, I consider the Pokémon regions to be part of real countries. For example, Kanto is actually part of Japan, Johto is the equivalent of Kansai, and Orre is Arizona. So, in a sense, there's real-world continents, but every real-world continent has a Pokémon equivalent. Only the Japan (and a lot of other countries, but especially that one) are heavily westernized as well, so it's not entirely unusual to have kids with non-Japanese names speaking English in Japan. This is actually a good question because you could basically come from anywhere in the world. (Feel free to specify in your history, and do a bit of research if you're going for someone who takes particular pride in their heritage.) This may come into play in character-to-character interactions.

Otherwise, approved.

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
    Okay, um, I think it's better to know all of the egg and level up moves off the bat, but for the robots to give teh TM's!

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    Name: Samuel "Sam" Hakini
    Normal Appearance: Sam is a pretty basic guy. He has chesnut brown hair and hazel eyes. These two together to perfectly with his slightly tanned skin. Usually, Sam also carries his cell phone, which serves many purposes for him. Finally, his clothes. Sam wears a white t-shirt and a black jacket. His white shoes and blue jeans complete his outfit, making him look basically like your average 16 year old, standing at exactly 6 feet. He always finds the time to fix his hair so that it is either perfectly flat or sticking up in spikes. He also will sometimes switch his black jacket with another one with one of many random pokemon on it.
    Battle Appearance: When Sam goes into battle, his appearence remains basically unaltered. His skin will look just a touch paler and he will always find some random way to have sunglasses appear. Don't ask how, though.
    Personality: Sam is a fairly reserved person. He doesn't like other people and usually doesn't trust others. Still, when you get to know him, he's a nice guy. He will go out of his way to help someone when they seem really really down to him. He'll help anyone, as long as it isn't someone he completely distrusts. Sam is a good person at heart, he just never learned how to express it. Other than that, a small, almost nonexistant temper exists, meaning that if you really annoy him, you might not enjoy the next day. He is always kind to pokemon, as he could tell they were much more accepting than the humans who had rejected him his entire life. He find true happiness only in their presense.
    History: Back on Earth, Sam was a writer. He wrote fantasy, so this is just another new story for him. Sam went to school in a small town, but he never really paid attention. He was always good at writing. His family wanted him to run the family business, but Sam never really enjoyed what they did anyway. He took off to become a pokemon trainer. With a Riolu he'd grown up with since he found it injured at a very young age. He quickly made it his own at this point. Together, they set out to adventure the world...only to be abducted by the aliens, as Sam calls them, at this point.
    Team: Red. Why not?
    Pokémon Partner: I'll pick...well, you'll see...
    Species:Riolu
    Name: Riolu
    Nature: Lonely
    Personality: Riolu is very...quiet. He doesn't like people or other pokemon. He usually doesn't get along with anyone, but when he met Sam, they were instantly friends. Sam could feel that Riolu and he shared a tighter bond than he'd ever felt with anyone. It was this that kept Sam from randomly jumping out of the space station. A bond he's never felt with anything.

Question, though. Since its always night, can Riolu still evolve?
    Other Things To Know: Sam is a christian in terms of religious beliefs and if you so much as talk about gay marriage around him, he'll kick your butt. Other than that, Sam's basically normal.
    Writing Sample: The last one was from an earlier RP. Here's one that's...more recent. slls81's A New Professor In Town, to be exact.

Sam stood up after his rest. They still needed to keep moving. He had a gym to get to before sun down. He walking forward, he wondered how much longer he'd be waiting. The gym was about 2 miles away. About 2 hours walk at the rate Sam felt like going. He'd get there soon enough. He was still moving when he saw something. Sludge. Sam felt a little bit of barf move up in his throat. That was disgusting. Still, it looked like it was killing the enviroment. Sam walked that way to stop whatever it was. Sure enough, he saw them. 4 Grimer in his way. They split up and headed in seperate directions, meaning Sam would have to track them all seperately. "Great..." Sam said, walking after the first. It was hittng a Koffing with pound when Sam caught up. The Koffing had floated away as Sam said, "Okay! Let's do it, Pidg!" Pidg came out of its pokeball and flapped its wings, kicking up some dust. The Grimer turned around and shot mud at Pidg, who was hit squarely in the wing.

"Pidgo!" Pidg yelled, charging in with Aerial Ace before Sam could say anything. Sam was pretty sure Pidg was mad at the thing.

"Calm down, Pidg. Now, use your Quick Attack!" Sam said, causing Pidg to stop its attack.

"Pidgo!" Pidg cried, charging faster this time. Grimer tried to use Pound again, but it was too late. Pidg hit it perfectly. Grimer flew backwards, but not much. It seemed a little annoyed at this point.

"GRIMAAAH!!!" Grimer yelled, slapping lots of mud up at Pidg's face. Pidg was hit and seemed really annoyed. Its keen eye ability stopped it from losing accuracy, so not much happened here.

"Go for it! Aerial Ace!" Sam yelled. Pidg flew down, hitting Grimer on the side. It started to shrink until Sam couldn't see it. Pure sludge, now. "Good work, Pidg!" Sam said, petting Pidg's feathers.

Sam then followed another path until he saw another Grimer, sitting in a river. Probably the only one for miles. This was no good. It was probably destroying the water's freshness with its disgusting sludge. Still, if anyone could take it, it was him. "Go! Gyara!" Sam yelled. The Grimer turned around, surprised at the large pokemon behind it. "Go for it! Dragon Rage!" Sam yelled. Gyara shot a small purple laser from its mouth, hitting Grimer. It flinched in pain, but nothing more.

"GRIMERR!" Grimer cried, hitting Gyara with a pound attack. Gyara looked down at it. It hadn't hurt him at all.

"Wow...Gyara's gotten strong! Thrash!" Sam yelled. Gyara smiled for a second, then charged in, hitting the Grimer with a lot of force. Grimer flew, but Gyara kept going. He hit it again and again, but then stopped. It took Sam a second to register what had happened before he remembered. Thrash confused the pokemon after some time. "Dang...bad move on my part. Well, we'll wait...WHOA!" Sam said, surprised by what had happened. Grimer had easily gotten up and kicked a mound of dirt at Gyara's face. Gyara had turned away, still flailing about, only to be hit by a cloud of purple gas. "Huh. Not bad for a Grimer. Gyara! Snap out of it and use your Tackle, then Bite!" Sam yelled. Gyara shook his head and lunged forward. It was still looking dizzy, but Sam knew it could keep it up. Grimer was hit, then crushed by Gyara's large fangs.

"Grim! GRRRIIIIIIMMMMEEE!" Grimer screeched, obviously injured by the damage Gyara had already done.

"Yeah! Good job, Gyara!" Sam congratulated. Gyara smiled, but that wasn't the end of Grimer. It got up. "Gyara! Look...NO!" Sam yelled. But it was too late. Grimer had jumped up and pulled Gyara to the ground, and was now pounding it. "Grr! Last chance! Thrash, once more!" Sam yelled. Gyara understood. Throwing its weight about, it finally threw Grimer off. With a few more round of smashing it, Gyara was confused again. Sam as going to yell to make it snap out of it, but then he noticed something. Grimer was down, knocked out, and a fair distance from the river. "Good job!" Sam yelled, petting Gyara. Returning it to its pokeball, Sam went looking for the next one. This was really getting time consuming...

Sam followed yet another path, looking for the third. This one wasn't being all that bad. It wasn't doing anything to any pokemon Sam saw. Still...the thing looked...different from the others. It already looked injured. Almost...battled already. Looking around, Sam figured it out. A trainer was standing nearby, laughing. "No...pathetic. It wasn't worth the fight. Still. It doesn't look like...oh! Never mind. Found him. Yeah. I'm out. Dealing with him now," the trainer said, putting away a cell phone.

"What did you do to that thing?" Sam asked.

"Ha. I defeated it, that's what. You. You're Sam Sarube. They're looking for you. I'm here to take you back," the boy said, pulling out a pokeball.

"Let's see how you do, then! Go Umbre!" Sam yelled, throwing out Umbre's pokeball.

"Umbreon!" Umbre cried, coming out.

"Damn. Kadabra! Take it. He looks strong, though, so beware," the trainer said. A Kadabra came out of his pokeball, looking strong.

"Hm...Umbre! Use Shadow Ball!" Sam yelled. Umbre shot a black blob at Kadabra.

"Use Confusion on yourself to get over it!" the boy yelled. Kadabra lifted its spoon and traveled over Umbre's attack, while its trainer laughed at Sam's attack.

"You think you can beat me? Ha! You're pathetic! You should just give up and go home...what?!" he yelled, as he realized what Sam had been doing. While he sat there monolouging, Sam was moving his hand. This gave Umbre the command to move forward and hit Kadabra with Iron Tail. Kadabra, also laughing, was hit easily by the powerful attack, causing it to fly backwards.

"Yeah! Now Pursuit!" Sam yelled, as Umbre charged, tackling Kadabra.

"Grr! Stupid Umbreon! Eat this! Charge Beam!" the guy yelled. Kadabra shot a yellow-white beam of electricity at Umbre, who flinched. Kadabra then charged forward, firing it again.

"Grr! Umbre! Use Quick Attack to get around it, then Shadow Ball, followed up by Iron tail!" Sam yelled. Umbre quickly ran around the attack and shot a black blob at Kadabra, who was hit and flew backwards at a rock, only to be smashed by Umbre's follow up attack. Sam smiled as Kadabra fell to the ground, now knocked out.

"Stupid kid...you're pathetic, I tell you! PATHETIC!" the guy yelled, sending out a Machoke. Sam quickly returned Umbre to its pokeball and sent out Pika. Pika sparked the air around it and quickly charged at Machoke. "Karate Chop!" the boy yelled. Machoke brought its hand down on Pika, who screeched in pain. Sam was sure Machoke would go for a follow up, but it seemed to stop. "What? Go! HIT IT!" the boy yelled. Machoke did nothing. "MOVE DAMN IT!" he yelled loudly.

"You know...I think I just figured it out! Pika has an ability called Static. It sometimes paralyzes your pokemon...but only when they go for physical attacks. Like this! Slam!" Sam yelled. Pika leaned forward and knocked over Machoke, who was still having trouble moving. "Finish it quick! Thundershock!" Sam yelled. Pika released a small bolt of lightening. Machoke was zapped and fell over. "Wow...it still can't move? Time to hurry up and finish it off!" Sam yelled. Pika understood. It jumped backwards behind a rock.

"Go for it! WIN!" the guy yelled, as Machoke finally got over the paralysis. It went in for another Karate Chop, cutting the rock in half. Sam smirked. This guy didn't see it coming. "Where's the Pikachu?" the guy yelled.

"Hahahahahaha! Now! Spark Drive!" Sam yelled. Pika was covered in electricity coming from its cheeks, and it was charging. Machoke was hit by the powerful attack, causing it to fly backwards into a rock, knocking it out.

"Damn it! You win. Just remember, Sam. I will defeat you and take you home. Remember my name, which is Kevin!" the guy yelled, running back towards town. "Okaay...odd. Well, I'm not far from the gym now," Sam said, walking forward. The gym was just over a hill. Walking forwards toward it, Sam saw just how hot that place was!

Sorry its so short compared to my others. Its just a bit more confusing...sounds like a fun RP, though.

EDIT: That better? I just added some spacing...better, then?

That's a newer RP sample...

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: Shelby "Scarecrow"

Normal Appearance:

Shelby is just your average girl. She's about five foot six inches tall, which Shelby reckons is average. Her eyes are blue, and she wears contacts most of the time because of her Astigmatism. She will wear her glasses though, if necessary. Shelby's brown hair is about ¾ of the way down her back, but she always keeps it up in a ponytail. Shelby doesn't worry about wearing makeup or anything, because she frankly thinks it's a waste of time. Her skin is very pale, because she really doesn't go outside much. She is very uncoordinated, which basically means that Shelby is almost physically challenged in sports. She knows that she isn't very good at those, but Shelby is more of a booksmart person. She can strategize fairly well, but if there is a physical challenge she has to beat, Shelby will try her hardest to overcome it.

Shelby doesn't dress very girly either. Her clothing choice normally consists of jeans, a T-shirt, and possibly a sweatshirt. Her T-shirts that she wears aren't very tight either, which makes her feel slightly sloppy. Shelby does her best to ignore that, though. Her shirts vary in color, but they will never be pink or purple. Shelby's jeans range from light to dark, as well as slightly tight to fairly tight, which is about what every girl has in their closet. Her sweatshirts are always hoodies, and she always makes sure they're really comfortable before she gets them. Shelby's shoes are simple Converse that she designed online. The shoes are black on the outside, red and black leopard pattern on the inside.

Personality:

Shelby is a very tomboy-ish girl. She often would rather be outside riding a motorcycle than inside shopping for clothes or something. She does worry about the fact that she isn't very proper, especially around proper people. She tries not to think about that very much, however. Shelby knows she isn't terribly proper, but she also knows how to act mature and times to be silly and such. One problem Shelby has is that she probably gets too close to people. She thinks of this as a flaw, because she got very close to someone only to basically be dumped as a friend. It depressed Shelby for a number of weeks, and after that Shelby vowed never to let anyone that close in, unless it was her brother.

The greatest flaw Shelby has is her slight temper. Her temper has only gotten her into fairly deep trouble once or twice, but that didn't mean that Shelby didn't think of it as a big flaw. Her temper tends to stay suppressed, especially around elder people and people Shelby knows she should be respectful around. That doesn't mean that Shelby won't go off on other people her own age, however. If someone does something to make her too mad, Shelby isn't going to be afraid to punch them in the face.

History:

Shelby had lived with her brother most of her life in a quiet neighborhood and town. Her brother was fairly protective of her, and wouldn't really ever let who go out and adventure and stuff. Shelby looked up to him as a major rolemodel, and therefore had acquired some of his personality (such as his slight temper as well as his caring side). Her brother had a Typhlosion, which was something Shelby found immensly cool. She oftened wanted to have a Pokemon terribly, but her brother would never let her. Though he repressed her sometimes, Shelby still loved him and the two shared a strong bond.

Team: Black
    Pokémon Partner:
    Pokémon: Poochyena
    Nickname (I rarely nickname Pokemon, so this is special XD): Karma
    Nature: Bold
    Poochyena can be very straightforward. If something bigger than him comes after him to attack him, then Poochyena will just stand his ground ready to fight. That's probably how Shelby and Poochyena became friends so quickly and connected.

Other Things To Know:

Shelby tends to stay out of religious stuff. She was born a Christian, but now she isn't quite sure what she is. In her mind, science seems like such the right choice, and biased people tend to get her temper up.

Writing Sample:
    From Dark Mike's RP:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    sasuneuchiha, there is already a base uniform >.<
    Valentine,robots should dispense the TMS after like lets say, winning a challenge or something. Oh, I'd like to reserve a spot.. will finish later.
    Name: Marina
    Normal Appearance:
    Marina is a beautiful girl, adored by many. Her complexion is tanned, although, she is not completely baked like an overcooked weenie; she is just so tanned that she doesn't look like a white sheet. A tall, sturdy frame allows her to support her own. Her skin is near flawless, she has no pimples or anything, just a few scars from all of her life, but nothing on her pretty face, really only on her legs, and even then, not that many. Long blue hair is tied into two pigtails of sort that cut off a little below her shoulders, but are always angled upward, so they do not look that long. Bangs hang down just before her eyes. A deep turquoise color makes up her eyes, although the green seems a bit more apparent.

Marina likes cute things, so, she likes to dress cute. You can bet that her outfit will be cute. A pink tank top is almost always present in any of her outfits. As for her traveling outfit, she wears that pink shirt and a white jacket over it. The Jacket has pink trimmings around the cuffs. Black and white shorts are tight around her thighs and end just before her knees. A pair of black, white, and red tennis shoes adorn her feet; the white is the base color, but is covered in black material, and the red makes up the toe. Black is the dominant color and shows up more.

Battle Appearance:
    The battle outfit changes he to a point where you probably will not recognize her. Her blue hair is put completely down and not up in any sorts. The tight silver uniform will of course be hugging her body, hanging on for dear life. A scarf also hangs around her mouth, and down just past her breasts. Large black shades cover the upper half of her face (the look like the leader of the Squirtle Squad's glasses)

Personality:
    Marina is a pompous girl and likes all eyes on her. She wants to be the center of attention, and a lot of times is due to her fame as a Pokemon Coordinator. She likes to battle with a flair, and everything is stylish. This is bad, because sometimes she needs to attack rather than focus on how good she looks. The fame has made he a bit snobbish, and she is used to getting things that she wants, when she wants them. Still though, she likes to hang out with people and just forget about the fame occasionally. Despite her want to be the center of attention, she just wants to fade away without anyone noticing, just sometimes when she is driven over the edge with too many things.

Under all the fame and make-up she is quite a different person. She is timid, and afraid to act, afraid that someone will question her everyone move, and jeer at her every mistake. In her fame, however, she makes no mistakes, the ones she does everyone adores and thinks she did on purpose. However the people that don't know her, will just see her as a klutz who screws up. She is afraid that everyone will make fun of her, afraid that she will be the center attention in a way that isn't good.

History:
    As a young child, she was still pretty, and people were jealous. They watched her every move just to try and cut her down, 1-up her or anything that would make them seem better. Like, at a school when she was little, she tripped and everyone instantly made fun of her, and didn't stop, not even when the next person did something worse. She managed to move on and just ignore them, still though, it hurt her. Years passed and she started her journey to go around the world, she only had one goal in mind, to be a Pokemon Idol. She started her journey with Jimmy and Jackson, her two good friends.

The pokemon she chose to venture with was a Totodile which she nicknamed Wani-Wani. Somewhere along the line, the group split. She competed in the Silver Conference but didn't win. At one time, Jimmy and her worked together to save Raikou, where they battled Team Rocket members, Atilla and Hun. She really realized her feelings for Jimmy during that time. But she didn't say anything, knowing she would be going soon. So, the thoughts remained in her head and her head only. Later she moved on to go face off in a contest. After time passed, she became quite the good contest competitor.

As the fame grew, more people bugged her, so she decided to go disappear for a bit. In the middle of the night, she slipped on her old travel clothes and sneaked out. She climbed out her window, and down to the ground. Regrettably, she left her pokemon behind, she trusted them to be cared for by her old friend Jimmy, only stating that she was going somewhere important and wouldn't be able to take them. Jimmy allowed her, her privacy and wholeheartedly accepted to care for them. Well, on her way to her hiding place, she suddenly blacked out. Upon waking up she wondered where she was, people were all around her, just as confused. A headache made want to die. Glancing around, she noticed a metal bracelet on her arm. Her view shifted to a window. She tried to get up, but couldn't something was seemingly forcing her down, but curiosity egged her on, and she managed to force self in a violent manner. Then, as if her legs weighed a thousand pounds, she approached the window. In order to move, she had to grab her legs with her arms and toss them in front of her. Looking out the window, she noticed a barren planet before her. What the heck was going on?
    Team:
    Black
    Pokémon Partner:

Eevee "Mister"
    Male
    Quiet
    Mister is a friendly Eevee, but doesn't seem to be such. He is quiet, but is often formulating ideas in his head, ready to strike at any moment. If he feels that substituting a move in a combo given by his master will be better, he will more likely than not, replace the move.

Other Things To Know:
    Marina has a thing for men in capes, especially that Lance fellow. Still though, she also has a crush on her old childhood friend, Jimmy. Jimmy absolutely amazed her, he was good at battling, he just was.. wow!

Writing Sample:
    A piece of a story I wrote on another forum. It is the prologue, and kinda smallish.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Awesome. TMs dispensed by robots it is, and I do like the idea of dispensing things after challenges. I'll develop it a bit more and add it to the Common Room's description.

Question, though. Since its always night, can Riolu still evolve?

Some things I just didn't think all the way through here. ._.

Anyway, I suppose we can bend logic a bit and say Riolu and other time-based evolutions (except Eevee, whose evolution would get the poor partner kicked out of Black Team) can. Moreover, people who choose Pokémon with happiness evolutions will have to wait until at least after the first round before evolving their Pokémon. So, for example, Riolu, Pichu, and all those others won't evolve until they've gone through at least one round. That way, everyone's pretty much on even footing.

As for your app, it's okay, but just a few nitpicks:

1. Battle attire. Everyone gets a uniform, pretty much. Battle appearance just covers the changes to one's body and accessories, like getting new earrings or randomly having sunglasses beneath the helmet. (Hey, why not?) So, this is more of a heads up than anything else.

2. Writing sample. Well, mostly, it's the paragraph chunks. Remember to start new paragraphs whenever someone new speaks, and separate action from dialogue, if that makes sense. Nitpick, yeah, but mostly, I say this in case you end up having to write longer poses, particularly during games. It's easier to figure out what's going on if you separate things like that. That way, another player who's opposing you would be able to figure out what you're trying to do.

Paragraph rules are a bit difficult to explain, so if I didn't phrase things well, feel free to ask, and I can provide a better example. In the meantime, I think I'll call this one pending. All I'd really like to see is a better writing sample to know if you'll be okay in the games.

Thanks for the compliment, by the way.

Looking forward to your SU as well, Scarecrow, and feel free to let me know when you're done, Murder.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    Anyway, to answer your question, usually, I consider the Pokémon regions to be part of real countries... This is actually a good question because you could basically come from anywhere in the world. (Feel free to specify in your history, and do a bit of research if you're going for someone who takes particular pride in their heritage.) This may come into play in character-to-character interactions.

Kay, well, with that in mind I'm going to edit his application to have him come from New Orleans, Louisiana if that's acceptable. Or the Pokémon equivalent thereof, whose name I'm not sure of. ;P

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Kay, well, with that in mind I'm going to edit his application to have him come from New Orleans, Louisiana if that's acceptable. Or the Pokémon equivalent thereof, whose name I'm not sure of. ;P

Sure, that'd be cool. You're free to make up a name for the region and city, so long as we get an idea of where you're talking about.

Also, almost finished editing the part about TMs/HMs. They can now be bought in the Common Room through a system of points you can earn just by going to the training rooms. It's fairly easy to get points as well. All you have to do is go to the training rooms, do some semblance of exercise there, and leave.

I'm thinking of handing out points for completing full games in the Battlefield as well, but that's still in the air.

Anyway...

Scarecrow1113: Due to your latest post and your VM, I'll just assume you're going for Poochyena here. Otherwise, no problems I can see. Approved.

Murder: No problems I can see, so approved. Good app.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    Hey Valentine, assuming I failed last time, I edited my SU with a redo of the uniform and stuff. I added spacing, so does it work now?

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Um, if you want me to change anything, please tell me.

Name: Lance Ackart

Normal Appearance: Lance is probably the definition of battle scarred and as a result is not very attractive, unless you have a thing for damaged goods. Lance, on the surface, is a well built male standing at about 6 feet and weighing in at about 185 pounds. For the most part, his body is composed of muscle tone and with little fat to the point of nearly being starved. His skin consists of nice natural tan but the inner beauty is removed due to the excessive amount of injuries, including cuts, bruises, scabs, and scars. Being of military raising, Lance has developed an excellent posture as well as pride for himself and displays it fully through his walk, stance and aura.

Looking at the details of his appearance, Lance appears to be even more repulsive but contains a certain hidden sense of "sexy" about him. Lance's face is defined by a stern yet young look despite his experiences out in the merciless real world.. His eyes are are sharp, bright blue and his face has managed to be remain clean shaven enough they are limited supplies at his post. His hair is dark brown and remains fairly long despite military length requirements, with his bangs almost reaching his eyes, hiding a somewhat depressed look upon his eyes in some given moments. Other features on his face are distinct number of cuts and random dirt stains, suggesting a desensitization of his environment or a possible lack of hygiene depending on one's interpretation of his appearance. His clothing is military based and as such is appropriate for his given post and scenario, wearing desert camouflage pants and gray sleeveless shirt, revealing his well defined yet damaged arms, as well as shoulder tattoo of a phoenix rising from flames. His feet are protected by black military issue boots, which like the rest of his clothes are stained with blood and dirt given his deployment in a war. He wears a black leather belt with several pockets, each containing various tools and weapons (Guns/Knives) as well as random objects that are often used for entertainment (such as playing cards). His boots have an additional sheath, hiding a one of his many knives.

Battle Appearance: I think he appears ready for battle as he is.

Personality: Lance is a military man at heart and his qualities lie in line with most successful soldiers. He is committed to his mission and his personal desires showing no hesitation in order to achieve either. On the outside, Lance displays great pride in his position and success in the military, but also conveys a desire to practically control the military itself and comes off a determined and fearless careerist feeling he could control the army far better than his superiors and steer clear of senseless destruction and greater efficiency than the current staff. His quick ascension up the military ladder feeds this notion as his dangerous skill on the battlefield combined with his intelligence and adaptability allowed him to make strategic plans that more than often lead to a victory. Lance has been described as ruthless and focused on victory showing little empathy for his enemy and having little to no problem in killing, as long as the mission comes with some level of success. He maintains a collected level of emotion, remaining calm and fearless in most scenarios, but is affected by the human emotion of hate and anger like anyone else, and Lance is easily pulled over the edge if the right stimulus is triggered. Lance is morally good despite his cold exterior and any acts that he views as evil in his mind should be punished (hence his desire to reform the evil actions performed by the military as a whole). Lance is also a follower of the law, including military law. However, he finds himself often breaking the law he swears for the sake of doing the right thing.

Digging deeper, Lance is, believe or not, quite human. Throughout his military career, Lance has shown concern for his allies and fellow soldiers, caring to their mental, emotional and physical needs to the best of his ability despite his limitations to do so. He is fiercely loyal to his men and has no shown a desire to protect them to the best of his ability frequently and consistently, occasionally dropping a mission if it meant endangering too many men in the process (however he holds strict standards for his men, therefore he has only have to perform a strategic retreat a few times). Lance also has conveyed some level of regret for his previous actions, having done acts he was no so proud of in his early military career, including killing civilians due to orders from the higher ups as well as raiding so called enemy camps. As a result, he has attempted and to some level succeeded in detaching himself emotionally from a mission and limits his emotional distractions, trying to access every mission logically to make a plan that can achieve the desired goal while avoiding unneeded death and destruction seeing that a loss of resources is more harmful as well as trying to avoid his comrades from suffering the same regret as he. Lance, however, will make exceptions and has developed several mission plans that have annihilated enemy camps if they have crossed him the wrong way (typically a humiliating loss or a death of comrade stimulated this feelings) His fellow men have described Lance as "great friend but a dangerous enemy".

History: Lance Ackart grew up as any other child would born in a quaint suburb close to city. His family was the right size, with a mother, a father, and an older brother. Lance however was often pushed aside in favor of his brother, Alan, who earned excellent marks in school and achieved nearly every goal sent out by his parents. Lance was determined to earn the respect and admiration of his parents and to some degree succeed Alan in some way or form. Lance worked hard through his school career, making his way into the Top 20 of his class with strong GPA on the cusp of a 4.0. While this did grab the attention he desired, Lance was not satisfied. To top it off, Lance gained acceptance to the famed West Point Military Academy (or some equivalent to it). Lance desired, at this point, military success; a goal his older brother Alan could never match in the business world. The way Lance saw it was this: While his brother becomes a greedy self centered suit, Lance will become a 5-star General and be able to guide the world towards a better tomorrow.

His time in West Point was standard and uneventful. Working his way towards becoming an officer in the military, Lance worked as hard as he could and with time he graduated in the allotted 4 years he set for himself. Leaving West Point, Lance was immediately deployed as a member of the Army to the war in the Middle East. Since that day at the age of 22, Lance has purposely stayed in the military, refusing to his family until reaches his a state in which he feels he has earned the respect of his family. In those 6 years, Lance has experience his share of war. Living in a world of kill or be killed, he has committed heinous acts that society would look down upon, he has gained and lost friends, and he has seen a side of the world that will not be seen by those living in their homes. All the while, he has gained respect and promotions ascending to the level of Captain due to his military achievement and commitment. However, each and every day, he finds himself wondering how he can live with some of things he has done. Seeing the pain that military action can cause to others, Lance found a newfound goal: Earn a rank that has influence over the military and reform the policies that have lived for so long in the system. While he as an individual is capable of dealing with the emotional strain of murder, he sees the pain others feel when committing the same acts. As a person, he cannot stand seeing others he cares about hurt. That has become his motivating drive.

Team: Orange
    Pokemon Partner: Larvitar.
    Larvitar is a strong individual who much like Lance desires respect and success. However, Larvitar seems to have strong desires of power for the sake of having it, a trait that does not bother Lance all that much, mostly due to the fact, he is on the same side as him.

Other things to know: Lance holds the rank of Captain in the military. He is also a smoker and is often seen smoking a cigarette as it relaxes him. Lance is also a gambler, as it is the only way to calm one entertain oneself in an area with almost no internet. His last quirk is his tendency to always have a weapon on hand.

Writing sample (I hate these, it is short but I hope it is good enough): In was a standard day on the battlefield for Captain Lance Ackart. His company had recently moved in to a northern region and managed to clear the small city of any hostiles in the area. The white sand served as a canvas, painted with red blots of natural ink. The merciless sun beat down the heavily-armed military forces throughout the entire day of combat, and the now exhausted Lance's ears are beginning to return to normal function after a day of constant gunfire. After ordering some of his men to secure the commoners and establish a perimeter, Lance returns to his tent which was recently set up by his trusted Lieutenants who eagerly report the day's progress as they followed their noble Captain into his tent. The tent was finely furnished with a small cot and desk as well as chairs for any of his fellow men for meetings that he frequently holds during combat operations.

"So far we have totaled the current death total to 20 on their side and only 3 on ours. However, we are still getting reports from the other districts in the city, so the numbers will likely go up. But for the time being, today's outcome is certainly an improvement over the more recent battles we have been having," reported the Lieutenant.

"Any orders from headquarters?" asked Lance in his typical no-nonsense tone and demeanor as he removed his armor and over-shirt returning to the appearance that he normally takes consisting on his stained camo pants and sleeveless shirt. A sigh of relief from the oven-like heat overcame him. Something that his dedicated Lieutenant found humorous but managed to retain her laughter during the briefing.

"It appears they want us to secure the eastern districts..."

"Which we already have," Lance interjected in an immature, rebellious manner

"Defend them, making sure to keep civilian losses at a minimum. Also, sir, they want us to interrogate any surviving members of the enemy forces as well as detain anyone suspected of conspiring against us," she continued with an annoyed yet understanding sense to her voice.

"Fine. Order the troops accordingly. You know my polices on those orders, Lieutenant. So follow them, so I do not have to interfere too much. Organize shifts so some of them can rest. I do not want any of us suffering from fatigue and making any mistakes. Careless mistakes will get the Colonel on my ass again and I rather avoid that. After all, I can almost taste my next promotion. Side note, leave me be for a few hours so I can get some rest. Wake me in two hours." His loyal Lieutenant saluted her superior which Lance matched with equal respect and left with great haste and determination. Much like him, the Lieutenant desired promotions but even more desired the ability to support her superior to the top, knowing that he can perform and excel in his position. With her departure, Lance drifted to sleep quietly and quickly, not realizing what the future would behold.

Lance's next memory was one of shock and distress, even for a man who has seen it all. He awoke in a dark room with massive amounts of weight crashing on his body from unknown force. The force was strong enough to keep him from rising from his seat, however with enough strength he pushed himself up, only to realize he was not on Earth anymore.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    Name: Majella Karp.

Age: 15 (heh, I didn't just pick this because it was the lowest age. :P)

Normal Appearance: Height-wise, Majella is huge! Like an intimidating Amazon, she is about 5'11', and stands above most of those newbie trainers. Muscle-wise, she is wiry. Her skin is tanned, and lightly freckled for being in the sun (of course it's not fake tan!).

She has waist length, black curly hair, (which is can't control). On her head, she wears a dark pink, woollen beret (with a pom pom and small cap-like thing sticking out of it!) on top of it. Normally, her long hair is stuffed under the hat, with only her fringe and two tendrils sticking out.

Below her hair, there is her small forehead and eyes. They are almond shaped, large and grey. She has a roman nose and thin lips. Below her hair, there is her small forehead and eyes. They are almond shaped, large and grey and quite far apart. She has a roman nose and thin lips. She smiles often, even though it is a slightly intimidating way.
    Majella is interested in fashion, it's just a shame that doesn't equate to fashionable.
    Her clothes are what is know as 'chavvy'. She wears a neon pink and white striped of-the-shoulder t-shirt. If it is cold, she wears her short, hooded coat. Naturally, it is bright blue and tartan patterned.

The rest of her outfit consists of her brand new black baggy tracksuit bottoms white ankle socks and well-worn trainers. They are pink and branded, but they are so old and dirty that it hard to tell which.

Battle Appearance: Sunglasses, eh? Okay, she puts on giant heart-shaped sunglasses and turns her beret backwards. And she might randomly start signing in a battle, she she brings a pink microphone.

Personality: Overly obsessed with social networking, Majella would love to spend most of her time online, or posing for her new profile picture. Because of her family's lifestyle, she actually spends most of her time waggling her mobile phone around for reception. Perhaps this constant disappoint may be a factor in her negative personality.

She is also quite vain and self-centred. When it comes to everything, it's herself first. When meeting new people her first topic is either herself or her Pokémon, which is very proud of.

Another huge factor in her personality, is her nosiness. Perhaps, she secretly wants other people to be like her. Either that or more likely she just has an peculiar interest in them.

Though she is not 'book smart' (barely went to school) she has learnt a lot about Pokémon from simply being around them for most of her life. She cares very much for Pokémon, regardless if they are wild or belonging to a trainer.
    Due to this, she often talks with colloquialisms.

Also, she can be detached from reality and sometimes in a daze. This has lead to some odd accidents with her crashing into whatever is in her way. But, she is quite sore about this, and snaps away such claims that she is ditzy!

Another problem with her family's lifestyle is that she has never made that many friends. Because of this, when meeting new people she is warm and interested, to an almost analyzing kind of way.

History: Majella's childhood was not in a sleepy hick town with a laboratory, instead it was on the road. She was born in Almia, and seems to retain her accent from there. Her parents are travellers, deeply rooted in tradition. They married young, and Majella was their first and only child.

When she was young, her family travelled frequently from region to region, city to city. She seldom went to school simply because they did not stay in one place long enough. She hated living in a poky caravan. But her childhood was not unhappy because she always had her extended family and the many Pokémon they owned. She always had an interest in them from a young age and well as being glamorous.

This grew into an interest in Pokémon contests. Not just an interest but an excellent money making scheme for her family! Her cute black bunches and rosy cheeks attracted many fans in the contest world.

It seemed like her success could never end as she won ribbon after ribbon. But, when she reached the age of ten, her fame went downhill. She was too old to compete against the children's groups and was forced to compete against adults.

Without enough experience or talent to make it into the adult rounds, Majella's rankings fell. Soon it was impossible for her parents to pay back their loans and they were forced, to Majella's shock to return to the caravan. That was a few years ago. Interestingly, this morning, she went outside to collect the post and was abducted by aliens. Just her luck!

Team:
    Pink

Pokémon Partner:
    Spoiler:

Other Things To Know: She has huge feet. Around size twelve. She also has a flair for singing. Notice how I didn't say talent. Not to mention she can play the thin whistle (good thing none of other people know what it is!)

Writing Sample:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Here's the start of my SU, unfortunately I am way to tired to find a writing sample right now, so I'll finish it tomorrow morning. Sorry

Name: Alexander White

Normal Appearance: A Tall boy, Alex stands within a shade of 6 feet. His build is average, although he is rather muscular from years of caring for himself. He has wide cheekbones and a small flat nose that perches in the middle of his face. Dull brown eyes stare out of his face, giving him a look that makes people constantly doubt his intelligence. His originally pale skin is burned permanently dark from years in the sun. He normally wears hardy shorts, festooned with pockets, which are invariably crammed full of a diverse collection of objects. He also wears T-shirts constantly, mostly old faded ones, bleached by the sun, whatever color they used to have has faded to a dull grayish color. He doesn't normally wear a jacket, but a rain slicker is usually tied around his waist, in case of a downpour. He also carries a large backpack, immensely full, crammed with everything he possesses in the world. In addition, he is never without a wide brim hat, which he wears almost always.

Battle Appearance: Fairly standard, the one oddity is that Alex wears his hat, still as battered as always, on top of his helmet. Although, the hat is unsecured and has a habit of falling off.

Personality: Alex is quiet and withdrawn. He had a bizarre childhood, and as such never really learned how to interact with people. As such he tends to not get to emotionally attached to people, its not that he doesn't want to. It's just that everyone he loved is dead, so deep down he's more then a little afraid of getting hurt again. His migrant life has also chipped away at any sense of optimism he may have once had. It has left him deeply cynical, and bitter. Despite this, he retains a hint of childish wonder; he loves the land, one reason he choose to become a migrant worker at such a young age, was because he loved farming. He loved waking up each day, and seeing the ever changing land as it moved. So for him seeing new lands every day was almost a dream come true. The harsh reality of the world has robbed most of this from him, but a small spark remains, just waiting to be nurtured.

History: Alex was born in a small city to the "perfect" middle class family, mother, father and older sister. He lived his first years in blissful mediocrity. He did not excel at
    Anything, at least as much as a kid could excel. This ended when he was 7 years old. On a sunny Sunday afternoon his parents were killed in a car crash. A drunk driver, drunk exceedingly early, hit them, killing them both. Alex's older sister was in college, not willing to take care of the younger brother she barely knew. So she packed him off to his uncle's house. His father's younger brother Randall White was a farmer and it was this choice of career that had estranged him from his family for years. So, at the age of 7 Alex was sent to live with a man he had never seen before. He arrived on the farm and remained there for years. Gradually he matured, and with his uncle to guide him, matured into a man. If things had stayed that way, he would have once again been doomed to a happy boring life. Although his uncle's farm was small and barren, working on it with a man he looked up to as a second father, Alex was happy. But, once again, tragedy struck. Out of nowhere, Randall sickened, and after a few days died. Alex was left shocked and bewildered. As he set about picking up the piece's, his uncles creditors showed up. It turned out that Randall had been living one step ahead of bankruptcy for most of his life. When he died his creditors repossessed the farm, forcing Alex into a life of homelessness. So he became a migrant worker, taking work here and there. For two years he lived that way, not knowing where his next meal was coming from, until one day with no warning, he was abducted.

Team: Red

Pokemon Partner: Tyrogue

Writing Sample:

"Zangoose, use Quick attack!" Alex cried to kick off the battle. The Pokémon blurred and disappeared for a moment before reappearing right in front of the Sandshrew. It smashed into it, sending it flying, towards a nearby tree. The Sandshrew was able to minimize the damage by folding into a ball, and hitting the tree with its hard shell.

Unfolding like a flower it struck at Zangoose, slashing with its claws. Zangoose leaned back slightly, and the claws missed him, instead burying themselves deep into the earth. Zangoose, quick to take advantage of his foes weakness swung his arm into the smaller pokemon's head, once more knocking it flying. This time, the tree that it hit was small, and the curled Sandshrew actually broke through the tree, and disappeared from sight on the other side of it. Eager to finish the fight, Zangoose ran forward, claws at the ready. But, as he leapt over the tree, the Sandshrew appeared, coming from directly below him. It smashed into the larger Pokémon, not even bothering to use its claws. This hit hurt Zangoose, sending him flying back into the clearing. But, it was to strong to be knocked down for long, it quickly got up, its paws trembling with anger. Similarily, the Sandshrew hopped over the stump,

Zangoose viciously slashed down, but once again, he only hit the hard shell of the Sandshrew. Once again it countered by slashing with its claw's, and this time Zangoose did not dodge, the claws caught him on his right shoulder, although it did not damage the Pokemon, it did have enough power to send it flying. The Sandshrew tumbled through the air, helpless.

With a mighty roar, Zangoose swung his claws up, with all of his strength, until they hit the Sandshrew's soft underbelly. This blow proved to much for the smaller Pokémon, and it was knocked high into the sky. It soon fell to earth, landing with a mighty crash. So mighty was this blow, that the Pokémon could barely rise, instead staggering about on all fours.

"Zangoose return" Alex ordered, while throwing another pokeball at the staggered Sandshrew.

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Oh... geez... bracelets...

Name:
    Werdna Sniggiw I mean nothing. Uh… Aesir Sedgewick
    Normal Appearance: Aesir can be described as… not merely thin, but possibly anorexic. At a height of 5'11", Aesir has slender limbs, almost spindly in nature, and skin the color of bleached ivory. Contrary to what his stance would reveal of him, Aesir moves with a natural grace granted to ones so thin, and slips through cracks in the crowd easily. Aesir wears a collared, blue uniform fashioned out of what he calls "pressed vegetable matter", but is really known as felt and a similar, matching pair of well-cut pants. His hair is a glossy black, and runs nicely along his face, home to brown, narrow eyes behind a pair of steel-framed glasses sitting on his quite proportional long nose. It is accompanied by a quite serious mouth, as if it could not be detracted from its purpose. His neck carries a silver cross, inlaid with clear zircon stones and carrying the motto, "Argentum adamantum est". His left hand carries a thin scar across its palm diagonally, from the base of the pinky to the joint of the thumb.

Battle Appearance: Aesir's glasses become sharper than ever, and a brown tome appears in his hand, possessing covers of weathered leather and a title resembling something like: "Philosophiae Naturales". He also sports fine white gloves embroidered with a silver cross, well-suited to snapping commands at people, or simply a distinct symbol for him.

Personality: Aesir is slightly condescending. An elitist's lifestyle has given him insight on both the importance of teamwork and the weakness of the commonalities, and therefore looks with partially pity at those he deems talentless and unworthy. To succeed, Aesir believes, one needs both knowledge and power. As the ancient saying goes, "knowledge is power". Aesir also believes in the power of humanity; ultimately, he thinks, it is brutal survival and a comparison of whose knowledge is more comprehensive; yours or your opponent's? Of course, there is a margin of luck. But on the most part, Aesir treats all that are special with some degree of respect, and definitely the people on Eos; after all, they've been picked because there was a quality that they all shared.

Aesir loves reading; this is one of the planes that anyone can reach him on and thus gain his respect. Aesir is well-versed in the sciences, the arts, but most importantly in the classics – Latin and Ancient Greek, as well as Virgil, Ovid, Homer, Herodotus, and so on; and takes pride in knowing that most of the people of his age are clueless about these famous people's works and the ancient languages. But, if someone DOES happen to know something that Aesir can be impressed about, then Aesir will treat that person as an equal.

Aesir is excellent at tactics and strategy, specializing in strategic troop placement and maneuvers. However, he suffers himself at sports, due to his failure to properly concentrate his fullest strength.

History: Aesir was born in Canada (the equivalent), and is of British descent. His father, a fantasy novel writer, gave him the name Aesir in a fit of inspiration for his next novel; which, incidentally, was related to Norse mythology. His mother, a much more practical Chinese schoolteacher, tried to get Aesir's name changed, but Aesir himself wasn't familiar with his new name: "Eric". And the name Aesir stuck; it was changed back on the documents.

Aesir's father is British; and he wanted his son to get an excellent school experience. So, his father sent Aesir off to England to get an education with his paternal grandfather; his father was relatively successful, and so visited England once a month during his free time when he wasn't doodling on a pad or writing plot ideas. Aesir learned in a classic English school, and was taught the classics, arithmetic, and grammar. Later on, Aesir elected to take the sciences on his own. Aesir's grades were excellent; his parents never questioned his fixation on strategy games with Pokemon in battles, brought to him by his paternal grandfather, who is a retired Pokemon trainer, once researcher and honorary champion. His grandfather passed on his love of battling to Aesir. Eventually, Aesir enrolled and became a student at Smogon University; and it was there that the Benefactors snatched him away to Eos. For what reasons, Aesir cannot say, although he suspects that it is because of his tactical genius.

Team: RAINBOW! *gets shot* Okay, Green.

Pokémon Partner:
    Beldum – Male, Adamant = Oliver
    Personality:
    Oliver is, well, adamant in his beliefs about his trainer's decisions. Oliver obeys unquestioningly and with utmost discipline, believing that his commander's plans are for the best.

Other Things To Know: Aesir flicks people on the forehead quite often when he's annoyed with them. Aesir is an Anglican, and fairly outspoken about his beliefs – he will occasionally preach.

Writing Sample: FROM RAMZAM'S FULL MOON FADEAWAY, UNFORTUNATELY NOW QUITE DEAD.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Sorry about the wait. Went offline for a bit.

sasuneuchiha: Much better. Approved.

Got-a-Plan-B: You're right about the older characters comment, and it should be interesting to see how a real military man fares in these kinds of games. Your sign-up looks good to me. Approved.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE: Very entertaining, and she'd be a nice contrast to the rest of the cast. Approved.

The Purple Dow: No problem. Let me know when you're finished.

Cirrus: Yep, bracelets. Doesn't it just make you feel manly? Seriously, though, no problems here. Approved, and very interesting character.

That all said, it looks like we've got the five minimum. I'll write up a starter post (and the OOC thread) tomorrow to get us started. In the meantime, people are still encouraged to join (not that they'll be denied after the party gets started).

Also, I have a list of forbidden moves written up, and I'll attached it in the supplementary material. It's actually fairly short, and a lot of them are no-brainers, considering most of them either can't logically work in a non-Earth environment or would kill off everyone on board if used.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    -will finnish-
    Also a question: is the starter the only Pokemon that we'll have?

Name: Naja (Nadja) Marek
    Normal Appearance: Anna is a medium length woman. Her roots lie in India, and her appearance presents this fairly well. Her skin is very dark and her long black hair is braided in a braid that falls down her right shoulder. When out of the braid her hair is actually really straight, only curled a little from being in the braid for so long. Her hair has no layers apart from the short, slightly wavy strands framing her face. The rest of her hair hangs straight down to the small of her back. The one thing that really stands out from her appearance is her dark green eyes
    Her clothing style is also very Indian, she mainly wears Saris. At the moment she only owns carries three of them, one is pure white, one is a darker shade of pink and the other is red. The saris have golden edges, thin at the top and bottom of the top, thick at the edge of the sleeves, the bottom of the skirt and on the vertical edges of the cloth. She also carries a golden headdress and bracelets to match. Her appearance is very foreign and she takes pride in this.
    But, even though she loves her Saris, she also carries modern clothing for the weather or if she doesn't want to be so noticeable. She carries a beige coat with fake fur on the sleeves and the collar, a pair of blue jeans and a plain white T-shirt. All this can be found in a black shoulder-bag.

Battle Appearance: When she changes into her battle attire her braided hair changes into a low pony tail. Any jewelry on her head will be removed and replaced by golden circles holding her hair. The all of them are about 10 cm long.

Personality: Naja is a very calm person. She hardly ever loses her temper and is even calm in battle. Some would get the impression that she is even cold in her calm, but this is mostly due to the fact she also puts up a wall around her. It's not that she doesn't talk to anyone, although she's not very talkative, but she has a way of pushing somebody away if she thinks he/she is getting too close.
    She does always have a kind word for someone when they need it. It is when a gate temporarily opens in her wall and she will listen to their story and give some encouraging words. Needless to say, she is a better listener than she is a talker. She enjoys listening to stories, in fact, she loves stories a lot. Naja is a true bookworm like that, she loves diving into a story and becoming the character. Myths also strike her fancy, it's everything that takes her away from reality for a while.

She tends to treat her Pokémon like family. Children until they are too big to be seen as such. She takes very good care of them, and takes pleasure in babying them around, do to speak. She always needs to keep an eye on them and speaks to them like a mother would to her toddler.
    Naja has a special place in her heart for children. Much like she treats her Pokémon, she treats these little people. She always gets told that she would make an excellent mother, something she would like to find out herself some day. Yes, Naja plans on having children when she finds the right man, but her shyness prevents her of meeting just that man.

In battle Naja is still calm. She doesn't panic and she weighs options. She thinks before she acts and she watches the condition of her Pokémon. She would never over-exert her Pokémon and is often seen giving up when she thinks it's enough. This has given her the reputation of a smart, if not overly-careful trainer. Opponents are warned against smart moves and advised to strike with harsh moves so she might doubt her own creature's capacities.
    She is also known of curing her Pokémon after battles for the smallest scratch. If their health is even a little bit in question she will make sure it's at its top again.

History: Naja was born to a small Indian family in a small town, so needless to say everyone knew her. They were the only foreign people to reside in the area and therefore very well-known. She was always a very silent and shy child, hiding behind her mother's skirt whenever someone she didn't know approached. While she got too big to hide behind skirts, she was still very shy and didn't like strangers.
    She was a very ordinary child, nothing really stood out about her besides her eyes and her dress. She was always very intent on wearing Saris, even when her parents gave her the chance to dress modernly. She was the one in the seat farthest from the teacher. The one who never asked questions and so sometimes didn't get things she could have gotten. She was the one that was alone on the swing in the breaks and later the one with only one friend she really talked to. During her teenage years she got a little better. She had a small group of friends that she talked to and she wasn't the lonely little girl anymore. Soon after, though, most people decided to go on journeys, when Naja just preferred to stay home.
    Even after her parents have her her first Pokémon, which was a Seel, she still stayed home. She trained her Pokémon close to home and only journeying a little out of the city.
    Only when she was 17 did she set out to go on an actual journey. She found she did fairly well against others, and her team grew from one Seel to a Dewgong, Haunter and a Roselia. She won badge after badge and also got known as one to quit easily. On one side people acknowledged her strength and on the other she was also known as quite a coward, but she didn't really care.
    She was just on her way to return to her family when she suddenly woke up in a strange ship…
    Team: Pick a color. Any color.
    Pokémon Partner: Ledyba, female.

Name: Kalone 'Kali' Loutet
    Normal Appearance: Kalona is a fairly tall young lady. She has a little darker than olive-toned skin with a skinny, but healthy body. She has a flat stomach from dancing and she has a fairly large chest of which she is proud. Her length mostly come from her long legs for her torso is rather small. She has one beauty mark on her cheekbone under her right eye and no other spots or marks on her body. Her golden-brown eyes are surrounded by a halo of dark lashes.
    Her hair is jet-black, very curl and a little over shoulder length. She has it pulled back on her right side with a fake Maui flower, leaving that ear entirely bare and showing off a golden hoop earring. The hair framing her face is entirely pulled back into the flowerm but a little bit on the left side still hangs down. When not pulled back, the hair around her face gradually lengthens to frame it.
    All in all Kalona is a very beautiful woman who knows how to accentuate just that.
    Her ordinary clothing all have that tropical feel to them. Her favorite outfit consists of a bright red, ankle-length skirt with a broad yellow band that is tied to the side with a bow. The skirt has a long slit that starts just under the yellow bow. Her top has a V-neck showing some décolleté and both the top and the bottom parts are lined with a little strip of yellow, coming together in the middle, just below her chest, and tied with a bow. The top has wide sleeves ending about midway of her upper arm and it has a yellowish flower patter on it, which is the same to the skirt. It ends just below the chest, showing her flat stomach. To match the red, she has a reed flower she ties in her hair.
    Her other outfit is a bit less revealing. It's a white puffy top, leaving her shoulders bare, and still showing a good deal of her stomach. On the bottom she either wears her light-blue denim shorts or a white knee-length gypsy-style skirt. The least pieces of the clothing she carries around with her is a red halter-dress with a loose, flaring skirt ending just above the knees and a tight black t-shirt with a broad, round neckline.
    Also, she always wears her necklace, which is a green vine with a pink flower, even when in Battle appearance.

Battle Appearance: the only real change in her appearance is that her hair is entirely loose and flows in wild curls around her shoulders.
    Personality:
    History: Four lines minimum. Detail your character's life on Earth. This also serves as an occupation field, so tell us what you were doing for a living before randomly getting abducted by the Benefactors.
    Team: Violet
    Pokémon Partner: Absol, male
    Other Things To Know: Is your character allergic to pollen? Vegan? Afraid of clowns? Jewish? Talk about whatever else the above doesn't cover for as long as you want.
    Writing Sample: Just to make sure you're literate, give us a taste of how you play.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back