• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Simulacra!

Are you content with the graphics of this hack?

• No, new tiles and palettes are needed.

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Yes, everything works well with each other.

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • There are only a few things that should change. (Specify in post)

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Snow in the desert FTW! XD

Well, you could work in some sort of elemental weather disaster into the plot? Lol. And it'd be a nice change of scenery!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    New Mountains:

Pokémon Simulacra!

Old Mountains:

Pokémon Simulacra!

I think you're not going to do anything to them anymore but I think that the old mountain blocks fit much better in areas like that.
    It looks like hills but when you putted the new mountain blocks this picture became weird and the place looks more like it should in caves.
    I recommend that you put the old mountain blocks back and use the other ones inside caves if you like.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    I just posted a poll about the tiles and palettes of Simulacra. I don't know if it's just me working with just these tiles so much, but I'm starting to hate them. I just need ideas on what to fix, if anything needs to be fixed. Also, I kind of find my mapping style to be a little boring, so I might change it up a tad bit.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Here are some things that bug me:
    - the fence palette doesn't go well with everything else
    - the mountains tiles are nice but you need a new palette. I was using the same tiles with more of a dark-orange and I though it looked pretty nice (kind of sunset-y)
    - the flower palettes are also a little weird

I still prefer the original Enigma tileset, by the way ;)

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    - the fence palette doesn't go well with everything else

From which screens? Because the fence palettes in the first few screens are outdated.

- the mountains tiles are nice but you need a new palette. I was using the same tiles with more of a dark-orange and I though it looked pretty nice (kind of sunset-y)

I've been looking for better mountains and palettes. Those are really what bug me the most about my tileset.

- the flower palettes are also a little weird

What do you suggest to make them better? Do you think I should lighten the palettes on them, or darken them?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I like the old mountain tiles and palettes better. They kind of fit well, and seem more realistic...kind of mossy. ;D

Anyways, good luck~

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Would a randomization script completely randomize the weather? Because I wouldn't want like snow in the desert or something. I'm not a really good scripter guys so I'm not sure really how it works.

No, you could make a couple of scripts for different areas, so it doesn't rain/snow in the desert, but it could in a city. Not all maps have to use the same level scripts.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    From which screens? Because the fence palettes in the first few screens are outdated.
    All of them, really. It may just be me but it looks like you changed the palette just a bit, judging from the Route 202 screenshot, but it still looks a little off. I think it's a little too bright, especially when placed right next to those dark trees.
    I've been looking for better mountains and palettes. Those are really what bug me the most about my tileset.
    If you want, you can use my palette. It's a little on the dark side (though that might actually look better with your trees seeing how they're pretty dark themselves) but if you want it lighter, you can edit the colors.
    What do you suggest to make them better? Do you think I should lighten the palettes on them, or darken them?
    I'm not sure what it is but I think the contrast between the color of the red of the petals and the green dot in the middle really messes up my eyes when I look at them for too long. The blue one doesn't look as bad but instead, it just looks like a blue blob :\

Years
    Hey baby, i love the game so far, the tiles and new towns are greatly thought out, I'm glad to be a tester for you ^_^, you are good, keep up the good work!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Can I haz a definition for y00r Simulacra definition???

Anyways, I'm here to comment because I can't remember if I did. I know I don't need to comment on the mapping, because like I say about all your maps... they're stunning. What I do need to comment on is the palettes. Personally, they're way too strong. I don't like the sort of strong palettes like the trees, near light palettes... which would be the buildings.

Aside from that, everything looks great.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    you said you were havin trouble with the randomized weather.
    Spoiler:

this will randomly choose one of the weather actions in the "(weather-)" spot. insert the type of weather in the "(weather-)" spot. credit me and me only.
    Edit: how could I forget this. the mountain tiles look like they blend too well... mabey give them an outline and change the pallette.

here is a list of weathers
    0=in-house
    1= sunny weather with colouds in water
    2=regular
    3=rainy
    4=three snow flakes
    5=rain w/thunderstorm
    6=steady mist
    7=steady snowing
    8=sandstorm
    9= mist from top right corner
    a= dense bright mist
    b= cloudy
    c= under ground flashes
    d= heavy rain w/thunderstorm
    e=underwater mist

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I personaly prefered the other tiles except for the wild grass(es). they are much better.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Those tiles aren't actually inserted in the Simulacra ROM. I kind of hate the tiles I have, because of how much the vegetation and the buildings clash. The vegetation really stands out and is bold, while the buildings are pale and desaturated. I tried changing the palettes of the buildings to make them bolder so they would fit in with the vegetation better, but because I'm not very good with palettes, I couldn't find anything. So these are really just a test to see how the buildings would fit with these tiles. The grass with these tiles would also come with full animation too.

And by the way, thank you very much for the weather randomization script. I'm still unsure whether I'll use it though.

Back