• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Yes, please fix the link. XP. Anyway, reserving this post for my own Battle Frontier Project. Both story, and a slight, but important change to how the Battle Frontier works with me.

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
    I would like to enter and here's my entry. :)

Amouri Battle Frontier
    Battle Factory
    Round 1
    Spoiler:

Amouri Battle Frontier
    Battle Factory
    Round 2
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Can't link to next page, no room. Check out the next page for my next post.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Losing instead of Loosing, but otherwise I'm very intrigued by this entry of yours, Zeta. Perhaps you and I could co-operate in the next round?

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Here is my entry so far.
    Battle Frontier
    Battle Factory
    Introduction:
    Hello. We have been expecting you. Welcome to the Battle Factory. This is the most fun of all the Battle Frontier Facilities! Would you like to participate in the challenge?
    [Yes]
    [No]
    Yes: Right this way. You will be challenged by 7 trainers. The levels of these tariners are slightly lower than your own pokemon. Oh, I forgot. We will take your pokemon while you use our rental pokemon. Please choose.

Round 1:
    Spoiler:

Round 2
    Spoiler:

Special Event(Optional):
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    I editted my Battle Factory round, and finished Round 1. Round 2 is still incomplete by a large margin, though.

@raekuul: I'm sorry, but I have a solid grasp on my story for the different rounds, I don't really need much help with them. Thanks for offering, though.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I think I'm putting up way too many Rental Pokemon for offer lol. 10 out of 12 of the Rentals are completed, which is the hardest part of the Factory. The rest will be doon soon!

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Well, now I'm done. The reason this isn't with the main post is because it was so big that it passed the 50k character limit, so I actually need this post. Yeah, it's that big. 50,444 characters at max, had to get rid of the note before it. I'm done with what I need to do on that one, though.

It said that it was my submission, and if the levels were too high, I'd lower them.

Here's the link to the other post: Link

Rental Pokemon (9)
    Spoiler:

Oh, and after the Supremacies' defeat, you can go up and catch Rayquaza yourself.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League
    Lv. 100 Rayquaza
    Nature: Random
    Ability: Air Lock
    Sex: Genderless
    Moves: Hyper Beam, Outrage, Fly, Rest
    EVs: None

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Zeta, if you continue to do what you did with just the Battle Factory, I'm shocked to see what's going to come next. I don't think anybody can stand up to this one.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Reserving this post for comments and poll results; get your entries to a point where I can give some substantial comments/criticisms =]. The poll results are very interesting; last round I saw no clear winner, and votes were VERY close.

EDIT: I will be commenting today, but it will probably be around 7:00 p.m., giving you little time to make the necessary edits to your submissions. Regardless, I think letting you know what to improve on is important, so the comments will come anyways. Hopefully by that point you have totally finished submissions, so I can give thorough C+C.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Skip Shot said:
    Zeta, if you continue to do what you did with just the Battle Factory, I'm shocked to see what's going to come next. I don't think anybody can stand up to this one.

Thanks, man.

Also, I do have a bunch of other stuff planned for the Battle Frontier-Supremacy plot. But also something else. You'll see it in Round 2 of the Battle Tower, but for now, I'd like to keep it a secret. Working on the plot now, so I can focus more on teams in the next round. I really can't wait until the Battle Stadium, since I have a bunch of ideas for that one.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Mine is completely finished. I think I'm going to add a story after Round 2 though.

Edit: I added the story. I hope it doesn't conflict with the legends story you had planned, Maci...

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    So...tired. I'm extending this round by a day just because I'm too lazy to post the comments now. This'll give you time to update your submissions as well, and I think a lot of you could use that time (some people haven't finished yet). On a side not, we have started a revolution! There is yet another version of this thread now hosted by someone else. Compare their first post to the first post of mine on Page 1 and you'll see some uncanny similarities. Anyways, this project will always be the best one; everyone goes leaps and bounds ahead of what I expect, and the submissions are always amazing. I can't believe we're coming close to the end! Well comments will be posted first thing when I get up, check them out and update your submissions if you so choose.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I love how that thread pretty much just CP'ed all of your wording then entered their own dates lol. Anyways I totally need the time to update, because this submission is really a long haul, especially with all the irl stuff going on.

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
    So...tired. I'm extending this round by a day just because I'm too lazy to post the comments now. This'll give you time to update your submissions as well, and I think a lot of you could use that time (some people haven't finished yet). On a side not, we have started a revolution! There is yet another version of this thread now hosted by someone else. Compare their first post to the first post of mine on Page 1 and you'll see some uncanny similarities. Anyways, this project will always be the best one; everyone goes leaps and bounds ahead of what I expect, and the submissions are always amazing. I can't believe we're coming close to the end! Well comments will be posted first thing when I get up, check them out and update your submissions if you so choose.

Thanks for the time expand so I can get my entry done.

Btw, it's already done.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    =======================================================
    Comments Post
    I just want to preface this by saying that all the submissions were great this round; I know that we are going to be closing this project with a bang. There is one comment I want to make to everyone first though: My level editor for Trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite 4, Rivals, and Frontier Brains can exceed LvL100, the main character's pokemon cannot exceed LvL 100. That's what makes the Frontier a challenge.
    Zeta Dimentio: Because of how big your submission is, I have a lot of comments for you =]. You really weren't kidding when you said you would be pulling out all the stops.

Rental Pokemon: All good choices, however heed my comment in bold. The max level for any of the trainers pokemon is LvL 100, so the Rental pokemon cap out at level 100. This also applies to the award for defeating the Supremacies (Rayquaza caps at LvL 100).

Round 1: I really like the idea that you have with the Battle Factory Trainers being out of their element as well. It adds another layer to the storyline that I enjoyed. You said that you used a Random Pokemon Generator, right? Good choice. For the pokemon that they ended up getting, you made the best of moveset wise, so good job in the trainer department. A nitpick about Cool Trainer Elisa's dialogue though; she says she defeated 4 opponents and then she says her record is 5-1. It's 4-1. The Frontier Brain has a Guts Machamp when a No Guard Machamp is the better option as a sweeper. I would choose a set of Substitute, Bulk Up, Dynamic Punch, and Payback with 248 HP/248 Atk/8 Spe as it benefits from Blissey's Thunder Wave better (parafusion). Which brings me to a second change: Thunder Wave > Toxic as it stops more sweepers and proves more detrimental if you take my Machamp suggestion. The rest of the first round is good.

Round 2: The trainers are all good. I would like to see change in your Frontier Brain though. If you look at past Frontier Brains, you see that their pokemon change between encounters. You don't need to change all of them, just 1 would be fine. I would suggest Honchkrow, as he contributes the least to the team, and put in a lead that can set up Stealth Rock / Spikes for Machamp. Taking that route, change Toxic to Thunder Wave and the Macahmp set. That's all my commentary for Round 2, now onto the Supremacies.

Supremacies: The storyline is absolutely epic; I read through it all and I didn't want it to end. It includes everything you have contributed to the project and sets a new standard, which I'm sure people will come up to meet. Fantastic work on that Zeta. However, I think you did this under the assumption that the main character could train past level 100. They can't; it is just the trainers that can. Having a team of 6 incredibly powerful pokemon against 6 level 100 pokemon isn't fair to some extent. I have some suggested level ranges for you just to make it more possible but still challenging to the player.

Mitsuki: 106-109
    Andrew: 110-114
    Ichigo: 115-118
    Rei: 119-123
    X: 124-127 Rayquaza: 130

This way, with a team of 6 level 100s, you can plan in advance to have a team that beats a specific member. The reason I still consider these levels fair is that since it is a Hack of a rom, people can use Gameshark codes to get fully tricked out level 100 pokemon that can counter whole teams. I should also think that a good team of level 100s could beat a computer controlled team of level 130s, even if their AI is higher.

Like I said, I have a lot of comments for you Zeta, happy editing!
    Skip Shot: Your submission is excellent as always, Skippy. I'm actually more excited for your Battle Tower submission because of what Zeta put forward this round. I think he opened a whole new playing field and that you're gonna come up to match him next round.

Rental Pokemon: Out of all the Rental Pokemon, I like yours the best; they give you a lot of ways to build a team as you gave pokemon for each style of play. The descriptions are also helpful for choosing a team (saying that Garchomp works well with Tyranitar, telling how a set works, etc.).

Round 1: What you have of it so far is great; I have nothing to complain of on that front.

Skippy, you have limited time to finish the submission; I'm sure you know that I probably won't get around to closing this Round until around this time tomorrow, but I hope that you get more of your submission in today so that I can comment on it. I won't comment on anything submitted tomorrow.
    JeTz: Welcome to the project! You certainly put your foot in the door with this submission, and I want to help you make the best submission you can, so I'll give you in depth critique.

Rental Pokemon: First things first, I have a little formatting nitpick here; can you change the colors of Vaporeon, Kingdra, and Flygon to be less bright and painful on the eyes? I know there are only so many colors but it makes it easier to see. I would recommend a different Vaporeon set than that one; outside of Choice Specs, her sweepability isn't great. One of my own sets might be useful in that regard: Offensive WishPass Vaporeon. It allows her to dish damage while functioning as a Support pokemon. 108 HP/248 Def/136 SpA/16 Spe Modest: Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/HP: Electric/Wish is the set. Round 2, the pokemon are still level 100 for reasons I have outlined in the past. Other than that I like your Pokemon; you have a few choices for leads, and the teams can go in several directions.

Round 1: The following pokemon in Round 1 have colors that hurt my eyes: Masquerain, Venusaur, & Nidoqueen, please fix their colors. You take the opposite approach from Zeta; all the other trainers are in their elements, which is another interesting way to go. I like it as well =]. I like the Brain's strategy of all out offense, and the pokemon wear down eachother's counters effectively so that sweeps can be accomplished. Good Round 1 =].

Double Battle: Could you give the two PokeManiacs good pokemon? They are battling with the disadvantage of 5 levels. Muk, Mr.Mime, Girafariig, Crawdaunt, and Exploud aren't competitively viable choices as there are much better pokemon of every type that are OU. Chansey should be replaced by Blissey, as Blissey outclasses Chansey in every way.

Round 2: The trainers are all good, but maybe you could give them stronger pokemon? Here are some of my recommendations: Infernape > Ninetales, Swellow > Dodrio, Breloom > Shiftry, Mamoswine > Delibird, Bronzong > Bastiodon. Regarding the Frontier Brain, I'm going to make the same suggestion I made to Zeta; change one pokemon in your Round 2 Battle. I'd recommend changing Scizor to something else; he has redundant typing and weaknesses with the rest of your team and contributes the least. Your Mew encounter is interesting; I had something planned for him for my Battle Frontier submission, but if yours wins, I'll just have to change mine up =]!
    Gold1222: The quality of your submissions gets better and better; you make great storylines now and your submissions have become increasingly competitively viable. I'm sure you'll pull out a win before the end of the project.

Rental Pokemon: You don't have a single OU Pokemon in either round. At this point it isn't too much of a problem; the Frontier Brain doesn't exceed the players level by too much but I would still recommend some changes. Jolteon > Pachirisu, Bronzong > Bastiodon, Roserade > Bellossom, Snorlax > Delcatty, Weezing > Muk. The rest can stay as they are but these changes should be made. The only other issue with the Rentals is that there aren't any leads. By changing Bastiodon and Bellossom to Bronzong and Roserade respectively, you solve this problem because both are leads for different styles of play.

Round 1: The following formatting colors should be fixed: Forretress, Altaria, Dodrio, Farfetch'd. The are unreadable, and everyone should be looking at your submission =]. The trainers in this round are fine, so most of my comments reside with the Frontier Brain. Flygon is fine as a lead, but I would recommend changing it to Smogon's Choice Scarf set if it leads (it U-Turns to Scout the opponents first move and pokemon and switches to an appropriate counter). I'm iffy on keeping Pachirisu and Sharpedo, and I would like one of them to be replaced. Whichever one you like less you should replace with a more competitively viable choice.

Special Encounter: I actually really like this idea. It's not heavy drama or anything, which works for it; it is just a battle among friends. I think this encounter is where you really showed your potential; it is completely competitively viable, and at the same time you still used pokemon that the characters use or would use. Good job! I like the way you incorporated the Sinnoh Legendaries into the storyline like that; thumbs up from me!

Round 2: Again, I have no beef with any of the trainers, so let's move on to the Frontier Brain. I would actually prefer that you use the team you use for the double battle here as well, just with the lower levels. That team is much more competitively viable than is this one. If you opt against that, I would recommend bumping Swampert to lead position with a Lead Set, and changing Pidgeot to a Choice Band Staraptor. Probopass can stay as he is if you would prefer it that way.
    Phew, that was a doozy, it took me 2 & a half hours to finish. The submissions were all great, which is why I wanted to give them their due credit. I'm really looking forward to the next round; I think people used this round to adjust (with the exception of Zeta who went full out from the start), and will be pulling out their big guns in the next few rounds.

On a side note; I'm wondering where Eos is. He wasn't active last round (by that I mean he didn't post at all, I know the work with Skip was a collab), and he hasn't posted in this round either. Eos always brings amazing work to the project and I want it back! ooOppositeDay, you're also contributing to the project, right? Or just to the last round.

By the way, I'm just going to reveal some details about the day after we complete the project. I'm going to hold an awards ceremony for the people who have participated in the project. We will be taking looks back at all the winning submissions, and submissions that didn't win but were still fantastic. It's gonna be big, so be there!

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Why can't the trainer train past 100, but the trainers can? It sorta makes no sense...

Nevermind. Anyway, can I start on my entry for the next round? I won't post it, but can I ?

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    It's because the Protaganist manually trains his pokemon and the level cap set for the game is level 100. As of now, I don't know of a way to change that level cap. However, I have a trainer editor which allows the trainers to exceed the level cap because their pokemon are preset. Therefore the trainers can break the level limit but the character you play as cannot.

Back