• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you do if you were president and aliens attacked

Will you give the children to the aliens?

• Yes. For the good of the majority.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No. Let the aliens destory the Earth.

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    The situation:

You are the president of America. Everything is going great for you, but then one day some very nasty aliens invade the Earth. With their amazingly powerful technology, they destroy our planet's defences. The leader of the aliens then goes to the White House to meet with you. The alien leader wants you to sign a deal which will entitle the aliens to abduct thirty percent of the children of Earth. If you sign the deal, the aliens will take the children and leave. If you do not meet the aliens' demands, they will destroy the Earth entirely. Also, the aliens are invincible - you cannot defeat them.

Bear in mind, the aliens are going to make the children work in an outer-space circus. The aliens are not very nice though. They will keep the children in tiny cages between shows and sometimes they will hurt them just for fun. Also, the aliens are going to inject the children with some kind of space goo which will make them live forever, to make sure that they don't die during the circus acts which are very dangerous. This means that they will have to work forever at the space circus!

What would you do? Do you give thirty percent of the world's children away to the aliens, or should we all die together?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    If you don't give up 30% of your children, you give up 100% of everybody.
    It's all too obvious what the choice is.

Years
    This sounds like it came right out of Torchwood: Children of Earth.

I'd promise the aliens the children and then use the clever trick I had hidden up my sleeve to defeat them and save everyone. If they really are invincible then I guess I'd end up screwing everyone over.

Ayselipera

This is extremely selfish of me, but I would just give away all the bad children. I rather have 30 percent of all the bad children gone then everyone gone.

That or I would think up some witty idea to get around this dilemma. I can't think of any at the moment though. :/

Sarah Paliner

:: Zetsubou no Carnival ::
    Years
    Quite frankly, I'd rather let them destroy the Earth and make no one suffer than to make the entire planet suffer grief and have the abducted children exploited. Also, if the aliens were this powerful, what makes you think that just giving away the children will make them go away permanently? Surely they will find other, more sadistic ways of hurting us in the future?

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    I'd LOL at this topic.

But if that situation really arose, I'd probably jump out the nearest window. I mean, who wants to be faced with something like that? And besides, most likely I'd think it's a bad dream since I'd never be the President of America anyway, seeing as how I wasn't born there, and apparently you have to be a natural-born citizen of America to be the President there. [Meanies ;__;]

Plus the fact that aliens don't exist, or at least to my knowledge, they don't.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Sacrificing 8.1% of the world population (it's estimated that 27% of the world population is under the age of 15. 30% of 27% is 8.1%) is a lot more favorable than 100%.

The most noble answer is obvious, no matter how sadistic it may seem.

Mistress Rose

Rarara Shishboomba!
    Years
    i would sign it, just being selfish, though if they did come back for more i wouldnt make another deal

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Also, the aliens are invincible - you cannot defeat them.
    I call BS on this. There is absolutely nothing stopping me from annihilating the aliens by shoving a few nukes up their collective asses. They all die, we get to keep the kids, and we're treated to a nice light show.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I also call BS on that part. Our scenario writer just wants to impose ludicrous restrictions on us.

That said, on the wild chance that these aliens really are "invincible" and really do have the means to neutralize our weapons (good luck tracking the SSBNs and cracking the silos), I have a few ideas for alternate offers. I could probably just point them in the general direction of North Korea and tell them to take everyone there, including the adults.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Actually, I don't like children...

So yeah, I'd give em away, it's a burden of my back...
    Besides, people can always reproduce again.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Plus the fact that aliens don't exist, or at least to my knowledge, they don't.

I misread that as Americans don't exist, lol.

We should all die together. Whatever happened to working as a team? I know God might not like this all at once, but hey, a new clean slate could be good for the planet Earth, then he could try creating more in another 10,000 years. Everyone will win.

Also, this is set before 2012, correct? Even better, since God was already planning on killing us with whatever happens then - hopefully not more of Miley Cyrus' singing.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Why would America decide what happens to the rest of us countries? Can't hold a meeting of leaders?
    Either an unintentional oversight or yet another unnecessary restriction meant to pointlessly tie our hands.

In any case, the other members of the UN Security Council should all have a say, and with a threat like the aliens looming over their heads, it'd be trivial to get them to shove a few of their own nukes up the aliens' asses.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Why would America decide what happens to the rest of us countries? Can't hold a meeting of leaders?

I'm assuming it's because the aliens touched down in northern Virginia and Washington was the first adminitrative center of government they saw. I'm fairly sure that if the aliens landed in London, the British Prime minister would have to make this decision, etc...

Back