• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Well, I updated mine with a pokemon list of twelve. Before that, there wasn't anything other then the two rounds, but you probably saw that before posting.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Okay, so here's my and raekuul's submission:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Round 2:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Oops, forgot about posting comments yesterday, and the round closes tomorrow! Anyways, I'll be posting them around 5:00ish today. As always, the submissions are great, its mostly just nitpicky stuff.
    =================================
    Skippy
    Your story is solid so far; I'm interested to see how it pans out in the long run! I know that you are staying on the path that Zeta opened with his first submission, and I think its a good plan. I also like how you are incorporating Kamika into the Frontier as well. He gave a good foundation for people to build on if necessary (not to say that I wouldn't want different groups involved either!). The rentals are solid; you know your stuff concerning them. I have a (really) minor nitpick about the trainer battles: include the levels of the pokemon that are battling. I have no real critique beyond that, please finish your submission!
    Zeta
    You have crazy good submissions for the Battle Frontier. I'm actually the most excited about this part because in the past the Battle Frontier have had no stories, but all the submissions have great stories. Anyways, let's talk specifically about yours. You give each character a backstory and develop the backstory throughout the submission, which is great! I'm assuming that the trainers in the Battle Stadium are using rentals based on the fact you used Pokemon Generators to come up with the teams. The storyline with Brandon is interesting, but I'm confused. Is he Deoxys and was hiding from Giratina as a human? Or was a human cursed by Giratina and then turned into Deoxys? I'm guessing we find out in good time though =P. The Frontier Brain is competitively viable but it surprisingly lacks in story. Maybe expand on him as a character?

Round 2: This round is just as good as the first. You have some subtleties in your storyline which I appreciate; Katie's soul was drained so she doesn't care enough to step forward for example. I have a minor nitpick about what the announcer says regarding Katie though; it comes off abrasively when she suffered hugely. Just change the dialogue a little please. The trainers are solid again. You can basically see my comments about Round 1 and apply them to round 2 as well: expand on the Frontier, I like the trainers, interested in Brandon, etc. The rental pokemon are great; they give you several directions as to a team you could build.
    JetZ
    Interesting opening with the Jon battle; I like it but I have a few suggestions for it. 1: Change Jon's name. A character named Jon is already submitted to the project as Gym Leader 8, so it might be confusing. 2: Kecleon and Rampardos aren't competitively viable pokemon. Kecleon is outclassed by almost every other normal type in the game, and Rampardos could be replaced by Rhyperior. Also, I would switch Altaria's set to a mixed set and Dragonite's set to a sweeper set. This is because Dragonite is the more dangerous sweeper of the two, and Altaria can weaken his counters. The MixTaria/Lucario combo is effective for much the same reason. So far, your submission looks good; the rental pokemon are good choices. I give the same final note that I gave to Skippy; finish your submission!
    FireWolf & Raekuul
    Hey guys, great collab submission! I have a few suggestions to help you out though. First off, you have two legendaries as rental pokemon (Celebi + Latias). They can't be used at all until the Battle Chateau. I'd recommend replacing one of them with a lead pokmon, as right now none of your rental pokemon are leads. I understand why you might ban Wobbuffet, Wynaut, and Shedinja, but why Sableye, Spiritomb, and Shuckle? Sableye and Spiritomb have no weaknesses but they also have poor stats to make up for this, and Shuckle has amazing defense but no offensive capabilities. I have to say, your trainers are my favorite of any of the submissions. They are simple, and well done with competitively viable pokemon through and through. I like that your choosing a different take from Zeta and Skip as well; they are using the Battle Frontier as a competition while you use it as a one man challenge with in-house trainers waiting for you. Your Frontier Brain has a good strategy, and I hope to see his dialogue up soon. I look forward to your Round 2!
    Good job, everyone! A lot of people have some work to do in finishing Round 2 by tomorrow. If you need a 2 day extension, tell me and I can give it to you, but otherwise get them in!

Also, I just was looking back and I noticed that SethMetal won't be contributing anymore =/ You were a great part of the project, Seth, and I hope you'll come and take a look at the project on the last day; I have some fun events planned for everyone who contributed to the project (I'll be PMing people who contributed to come).

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    @Maci12: Well, I have no plans to have the Big Bad say anything about Brandon, since its plans really don't include him that much, but this little quote may help you understand Brandon a little bit.

Brandon said:
    So, you're still alive, (Name). Oh, it's been too long. I'm not even sure how I'm still here, but I am. My name is Brandon. You remember me from the first round. I lost my first body, and for some reason, I got trapped in this one.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I read that quote, but I'm still confused =P It was Giratina that put the curse on him, right? See the quote that messed me up was:
    (? (Looks like Torn World))

Brandon: Wh-where am I?

(Brandon looks around the area)

?: Oh, you don't recognize me?

Brandon: What? Wait... no... GET AWAY FROM ME!

?: Heh, it's too bad. You lost. Looks like only your soul can be used. Time to bring you back, eh?

Brandon: Please, I don't want an-

(Brandon disappears in a white sphere)

?: Heh...

See I thought the ? was Giratina saying that he was useless and was being brought back to his original form as Deoxys. Probably just me overthinking though =P

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Nah, it's more like bringing him back to life, because he died. The curse was to have him keep souls around him to live. The problem is that souls pass on, so he has to do it more and more to stay alive.

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    The Sableye, Spiritomb, and Schuckle thing is for the In-House Trainers only and not the Players. I made the list based on which (normally used for) walls Fire Wolf did not have listed. It was entirely on the spur of the moment.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
    I feel loved lol. With so much stuff irl I just dont have the time to even attempt to do any kind of submission that would defeat Zeta's. And I'd rather not post any at all than post ones that could be better, but i was just too swamped to finish.I blame my parents lol. I check up on this thing every other day basically cuz its just awesome and the original.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I will probably need at least an extra day, unfortunately. I'm juggling about three different stories plus two school assignments at the moment, so... yeah, delays.

On the plus side, Fire Wolf now has all of Round 1. Who would have guessed that the Em Cee was the Stadium Master?

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
    Maci, in the rental pokemon, Empoleon is designed to be a lead. But I'll surely remove Celebi and Latias. Now I also updated the post and the whole of round one is up :)

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Oops, you caught me there! Well now, with that knowledge, I'd recommend changing it =P. Empoleon isn't a very good lead as it loses to almost every one of the top 10.

1) Azelf: You *might* win if you get good damage rolls but they are guaranteed Stealth Rock and if Aqua is low on the roll you also get exploded on.
    2) Metagross: Oh hai strongest non-stab Earthquake in OU.
    3) Swampert: You win most of the time.
    4) Jirachi: Will get SR up and can switch out in time to survive and ScarfFlinchHax late game.
    5) Aerodactyl: Will get EQ up, and that is its sole purpose in life.
    6) Infernape: Fake Out + CC kills and AJ doesn't
    7) Roserade: She walls you and outspeeds for Sleep Powder + Toxic Spikes.
    8) Heatran: Earth power will hurt like a mother, and they could also choose to get SR up and die.
    9) Tyranitar: Depends on the set, but they'll survive Hydro Pump + AJ to get SR/Huge Damage on you.
    10) Gliscor: Either get SR up or deal really high damage.

In 8/10 cases the leads still accomplish their main function, and many can kill Empoleon in the process. If you want a Water Anti-Lead, try Starmie. It has a similar movepool with the addition of Rapid Spin over SR.

Fire Wolf

Years
    Metagross loses out to Empoleon, as Empoleon can survive Earthquake + Bullet Punch and Metagross cannot survive Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet. Anyways, I replaced Empoleon with Gliscor there ^_^.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
    I just visited this thread for the first time, and from reading the first post and this page... I kind of know what is going on. But, what exactly is going on right now? Like, what are you guys planning to implement into the game right now? Because I would love to be of help, I too and ROM Hacking at the moment and would love to be of assistaince. Thanks in advance!

Also - I would like to make another idea like this, like the same thread pretty much. With different Pokemon, ofcourse. I mean, it would be called: Project: Creating a Pokemon League 2 and in the post it would say "original idea by Maci12." I just need your acception.

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    The premise is that when the project finishes, I will begin implementing everything that won in the thread into a hack, crediting everyone who participated. Right now, I'm in the early stages of the hack and don't need any help, but I will at some point. You are welcome to make your own project so long as you credit me as having the original idea, but I would prefer that you did it after this project finished. Also, do not just copy paste my first post like another person did; make your own project, its more fun that way.

Also, because Fire Wolf and Raekuul need an extra day, this round is extended until Monday. Make use of the time everyone!

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
    I would like to submit some ideas that I have (for the Battle Frontier, of course) so my main question is what stage are you at right now? I'm looking for you to say something like "Gym Leader #4", "Elite Four #3," or "Battle Tower Silver Medal."

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    We're in the Battle Stadium. The third of the Battle Frontier, but you might want to wait until tomorrow, since we're switching to the Battle Palace which is second to last in the Battle Frontier.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I officially apologize for all the references embedded in the trainer names, and especially for the whole Em Cee Escher thing.

However, I regret nothing. You may now brutally murder and/or sodomize me now.

(This will be relevant once FireWolf posts Round 2)

EDIT: To clarify, I apparently sent him the Round 2 stuff just after he'd signed off for the day.

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Due to Raekuul and Firewolf needing another day the round is extended through tomorrow. By that point hopefully several of you have your submissions complete.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    *snip*

I'll post the full Round 2 text, but I don't have the Pokemon's movesets or other battle information.

Round 2:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back