• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Maci12 said:
    Any progress made in the way of this round? There are three days remaining! I'm looking forward to seeing completed works, hopefully someone other then Zeta *cough* Skippy *cough* finishes their submissions!

By the way, I saw another copy thread of this one. That one claims to be the official one. Apparently having the idea first, being much farther along in the project, and actually close to finishing the project does not qualify as being official. Also, why are all those threads automatically 5 starred now? We had to work 15 hard pages to get 5 stars, and all of these projects fizzle out after page 1. Ugh!

Don't worry, I'll be able to finish my project! Oh wait, you said other then Zeta... um, anyway...

Yeah, I saw that thread, too. It was made in January, 2010, while yours was made in Octoer 2009. Yeah, that thread is the most original. -.-'

I believe they're 5-starred because people want to think that it's as good as the original, even if it isn't, I guess. I don't know why. Maybe since you were first, you had to earn yours the hard way?

Anyway, here is Round 2.

Spoiler:

Trainer info coming tomorrow.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    These submissions need to be in by tomorrow! Right now, it is looking like Zeta and JeTz are the only ones close to finishing, but I'm sure many other people could if they put some time into it. I hope that we at least get a lot of participation for the final round; I may give two weeks on that round if people feel that it is needed. If anyone needs a two day extension for this round, tell me and I'll give it to you. Happy posting!

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    ...I will hopefully return for the final Battle Frontier building. I'm just not feeling the story coming to me. One could say I have writer's block.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I will be updating today and opening the next round. I hope everyone participates in it; I think if everyone puts their best efforts into it, some amazing submissions will come of it. I'm going to make it two weeks, because despite my pressuring of people, most people don't seem to be able to finish their submission in one week. Expect the full update around 4:00 p.m. EST.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    This is the last round of the project! After 6 months (6 months!), we have created the most comprehensive "Create a Gym Leader" type project ever, and revolutionized the concept by making a hack around these gyms. We started a revolution; after this thread started and got really successful, no less than 5 threads tried to copy our success, but none came close. It has been a blast working with everyone in the project, and I can't wait to see what people pull out for the last round. Don't be afraid to go astray from the established storyline; if something other than the Supremacy line wins, I will simply tie up the storyline in the Battle Palace. Go all out for this round, this is your last chance to show 'em what you got!
    =========================================================
    Current Round
    The current round is Round 19: Battle Stadium. The following are the requirements.

Levels & Amount of Trainers

• Round 1: 10 Trainers [LvL 110].| Frontier Brain: [LvL 150]

• Round 2: Battle Chateau: 5 Trainers [LvL 120] ...| Frontier Brain: [LvL 200]
    Remember, the Frontier Trainers can have a "star" pokemon which exceeds the max level by 5. The amount of trainers set here is the minimum. You are welcome to exceed the minimum, but unless there is a very good reason, I would prefer that you go no lower than what is asked.

Battle Style

• Battle Frontier Trainers: All the trainers have the same style. A 3v3 Battle with legendary pokemon allowed.
    • Battle Stadium: This Frontier Brain is a 6v2 Double Battle. The Brain uses 2 very high leveled pokemon. This means you will have access to two pokemon at a time, but a full team of 6.
    Battle Conditions

• Battle Stadium: You can use any pokemon in your possession while taking on the Chateau, including legendary pokemon. When you fight the Frontier Brain, you challenge them with a party of 6 vs a party of 2 in a Double Battle.
    Where to Find Information
    I require pictures & competitive movesets (complete with EVs and Natures) in the Battle Frontier sections. Any post that lacks either of these will not be counted. Here is where you can find them:

Sprites

www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html - This is the site I use for most pictures: you can get them quite fast.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page - Bulbapedia is great for a wide variety of things. You also get access to HG/SS on this site, which you cannot do on the first site.

Competitive Movesets

www.smogon.com - Easy, quick access to competitive movesets. Search the pokemon's name and look for a moveset that fits the team.

www.serebii.com - If the pokemon has been featured under Pokemon of the Day, you can get competetive movesets about them.

Obviously, there are also competitive movesets to be found on Pokecommunity.

NOTE: I am not advertising these sites, I am providing links to them as they provide information that is relevant to what I am asking of people during the Elite 4 rounds.

ALSO, I would love to see people go beyond the slate if they can, do whatever you can think of. All of the gyms that were selected went above and beyond in some way, so think of a way you can.
    Poll Results
    The results this round were really surprising to me: a perfect tie 3-3 with Zeta and Firewolf + Raekuul tied (and I only counted their vote once, as I would count anyone elses). I cannot choose between the submissions, and therefore I am asking for a revote, this time a public Bold Vote to decide the winner. If that results in a tie as well, then I will have to make the executive decision. Remember to Bold who you are voting for, as those which are not Bold will not be counted. Here are the submissions:

Please don't PM me your votes for this part; PMing is for the current round only. =========================================================
    I will update with the poll later today, as I have classes now. The round is officially open, and will be open for 2 weeks. You can reserve your posts now.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    I'll have a complete round up within the next couple of days. I'm rewriting the event currently, so yeah... Got the teams for the events, just need the trainers, and I need to write the contest dialogue now, but I'm almost done.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Updated with Poll Results. Also, I'm reserving this post for my Round 1, which is much less developed than my Round 2.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Oh, hey, we're Boldvoting this time?

Me and Firewolf together vote for our submission

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Hm, I vote for my submission, Zeta Dimentio. Since, you know, it's a crucial part of the story. At least a certain part, anyway, and I don't want to have to come up with another jailbreak scene.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Ehh.. I honestly feel that Zeta Dimentio's storyline really makes a great Battle Frontier overall. I'm dropping out of the last round because I already know that Zeta deserves the final round win. Speaking of which, Zeta Dimentio also gets my vote for the previous round (don't yell at me on Shoddy Fire Wolf *runs*)

Anyways, this has been an amazingly fun project from start to finish. I have been here from the beginning, and have watched all the way to the end. Not only did the quality improve from my winning first gym, but storylines began to form around the gyms, and miniplots began to form. I think without these initial steps, we would never have even decided to begin an official rival process (those at the start remember that we had planned on only doing 8 gyms and closing it by October, and look where we are now!) I also made some new friends at PC thanks to this project, including Opposite Day, now a regular on the PC server, Eos Aduro, my collaborative project partner on the Free Rival, and Maci, who I occasionally still see on Shoddy and battle. (btw, Fighting should have been the primary of CAP10 Maci ;) )

Once again, thanks to everybody who came out and stepped up the competition for the entire project. Without it, we would never have gotten to this point. The people I especially want to regard are:

Opposite Day- From the moment you came on to the scene of this project, you turned around the way the gyms should look like, creating intricate puzzles and amazing storylines. It really got the ball rolling for the creative version of this project, and it shows in your 3 gyms being selected for the hack.

Zeta Dimentio- You really blew the competition away with the Battle Frontier, and although you didn't really have much of an impact until the final gym, that huge impact you made during the rivals, Frontier, and Elite 4 section really did matter in how creative other people got.

Syrynn- I considered Syrynn my "rival" in the beginning parts of the project because of how good he was. Even though he didn't stick around after the gyms, his creative ideas- (boss Pokemon, fighting as a Pokemon, etc.) really paved the way for other members of the project to express out of the box ideas like Syrynn's.

Eos Aduro- Mainly because you helped out quite a bit in the collaborative project, but you were one of the other few members that had been here from the start of the project.

Maci12- Without you even engineering this project, none of this would have happened.

I'd also like to say how this project affected me as a person.

I really enjoyed the oppurtunity, as I had never been able to be so creative in such a long time. This really inspired me to begin formulating ideas for a fanfiction and take creativity to a whole new level. I also feel that it was a great way to get away from the stress of daily life, and it really just relieved some of it and helped me get through the remainder of the day. For that, I really appreciate the opportunities I got in this project.

Finally, I'd like to use this oppurtunity to announce the new fanfic I will begin working on- The story of a young man who plays Pokemon so much, it goes to his brain- literally! Look for the story of LARRY coming out in the fanfiction section soon!

Thanks again Maci for making this project!

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Skippy! You have been amazing for the project; I doubt we would have gotten as far as we have if you had not participated so heavily. You have been a huge part of its development and success, and I hope you still check in with the last round and give critique, as this is the first Round I'm participating in in the whole project =P. I can't believe how successful this project has been; the quality of the Gyms, Elite 4, Rivals, and now Battle Frontier is crazy! I never expected this to turn into what it has, and I'm really glad it did. It's weird to me to think that when this started, I myself had 18 posts, and you still all listened to what I had to say, and participated. A project that was supposed to have ended on November 14th grew huge and became a big part of my daily life. I'm glad that you had so much fun Skip, and thank you so much for being an active member of this project since its inception. P.S., CAP 10s typing should have been Electric/Steel and they should have given it Levitate =].

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    Sorry if this is a repeat question, but what's up with the Elite Four? They're blank, so I figure they haven't been decided, so I was just wondering when the entry dates for that will be (:

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
    Oh, thanks so much! Although to avoid confusion, I think she should update the original post, rather than posting one in the middle to become lost in obscurity, but that's my opinion. Maybe other people take time to look at every single page,

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    There will be three posts. Post 1 is round 1, Post 2 is Round 2, and Post 3 is the Appendix. That's right, I can't fit it in two posts.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    My Round 1 is 29 without teams or strats yet, so your a ways longer, but what I lack in quantity, I make up for in quality XD. I'll have my Round 1 up soon, and shortly after that, Round 2.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back