• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Yes, that definitely works! Thank you! That looks very large and epic-looking. Can't wait to play this, man. I'd offer my talents, but they are nonexistent. :P

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Just thought I'd showcase some of the stuff I've put on Deviantart. There is more, but I'm a lazy bugger at times.

Sands_Of_Time_Logo_by_vivalaevolution.png

This is the logo, exquisitely made by Artic.uno who is currently making some thread graphics so I can get that tatty 1st post fixed up. Hope you like it, I certainly do.

Next up we have a few sprites:

I_Come_From_A_Land_Down_Under_by_vivalaevolution.png

There you have the grass starters.

• Koaleaf (
    GrassIC.gif
    )
  • Koapeira (
    GrassIC.gif
    FightingIC.gif
    )
  • Koalyptus (
    GrassIC.gif
    FightingIC.gif
    ).

Concepts by me, sprites by darthvagabond.

Fire_In_The_Disco_by_vivalaevolution.png

Here are the Fire starters.

• Burgoat (
    FireIC.gif
    )
  • Smoldhorn (
    FireIC.gif
    )
  • Vulcapra (
    FireIC.gif
    )

I always felt it was appauling that there still hasn't been a decent goat pokemon and that's how this line originated. Concepts by me, sprites by darthvagabond.

I've still to upload the Water line to deviantart. I'll do that when I can be bothered am not so very, very busy.

Now I have a few more sprites on Deviantart at the moment to show you.

Very_Superstitious_by_vivalaevolution.png

Absyl, the Absol prevo, is one of the oldest, and I'm told the cutest, sprite we have. The credit for its cuteness goes to RedBaron and his spriting work. Concept by me.

My_Milkshake_by_vivalaevolution.png

The very talented Riceeman produced Moovine there on the left. It evolves, depending on gender, to either Tauros or Miltank finally uniting the two species. Concept was by me.

Hells_Bells_by_vivalaevolution.png

Chirillon, on the right, was also sprited by Riceeman. Chingling is the 1st Psychic type catchable and so it seemed right that its evo line had more substance. Concept by me.

Learn_To_Fly_by_vivalaevolution.png

Driffelin was, back in November when I first started off in the Scrapbox, the very first fakemon concept created. It has gone through more resprites than any other fakemon here and this is its final incarnation courtesy of darthvagabond. I've had a deep love for the Drifloon line since I first played Diamond but was always dispaointed that its only decent stat was HP. I also love airships so it seemed sensible to develop the line even further with this gentle giant. It has the cute, cuddlyness of the rest of its line but its eyes seem haunting and its stance omnious which I think is imortant for a Ghost type. Concept by me.

I'm making a proper-looking fakedex at the moment and that will be up as soon as I've improved that 1st post.

Please c+c

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
wowow!!! great sprites ;D
I just don't like very much the fire starter, the evolutions are good but the first not really.....
hmm.....I don't really have any suggestion for the fire starter but in my opinion it isn't very good.....
Oh! I think I know what I don't like, it i completely covered of red, maybe suposed to be fire or something so, but it doesn't make it good, you could at least leave the legs of the sprite uncovered......
see what I mean?^^
but if not the other are really great ;)

tjwilliams24

Gone.
Years
This hack just keeps getting better and better. I love the logo, it's beautiful. Also, the sprite are just great. I love the grass starter and all its evolutions, and as simdu said, I'm not a huge fan of the fire starter, but its evos are just fine. I love the map you uploaded and I can't wait until you put up the PokeDex. Good luck with this hack! =]

The Cynic

Years
wowow!!! great sprites ;D
I just don't like very much the fire starter, the evolutions are good but the first not really.....
hmm.....I don't really have any suggestion for the fire starter but in my opinion it isn't very good.....
Oh! I think I know what I don't like, it i completely covered of red, maybe suposed to be fire or something so, but it doesn't make it good, you could at least leave the legs of the sprite uncovered......
see what I mean?^^
but if not the other are really great ;)

This hack just keeps getting better and better. I love the logo, it's beautiful. Also, the sprite are just great. I love the grass starter and all its evolutions, and as simdu said, I'm not a huge fan of the fire starter, but its evos are just fine. I love the map you uploaded and I can't wait until you put up the PokeDex. Good luck with this hack! =]

:cer_smile:

Yeah, the reason for the whole hair thing in that line is to show a change as it evolves, other than it just getting slightly bigger.
--------------------------------------

Quick question to everyone who views this, regardless of whether or not you like this hack. Which 2 of the following fossil pokes do you like the most?

- Kabuto
- Anorith
- Lileep
- Shieldon
- Cranidos

I'm definately having omanyte and aerodactyl catchable, each for their own reasons, but I can fit in 2 other fossil lines. Which do you like best?

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I prefer sheildon and cranidos.
By the way, Thanks for telling me you wern't using my sprite anymore.

The Cynic

Years
I prefer sheildon and cranidos.
By the way, Thanks for telling me you wern't using my sprite anymore.

Sorry.
3.%20frown.gif
But I did say that those 4 sprites at the back of the fakedex would have to be resprited to match the general style of the other sprites. Moovine was one of them.

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
Wow, the guy who did the Absyl sprite must be pretty smexy :). No, but really, great job to all the spriters . . . ;)

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Kabuto and.... either of the latter two, I can't actually remember which is which. >_<

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Grass starter line -Amazing stuff

Fire starter line - Great, don't know why the cloak disappears in the third evolution though, concepts in that line could use some work (good spriting job though)

Absol pre-evolution looks like Absol, just smaller. Concept needs work there as well

Moovine looks nice, but a little too close to Miltank (with the concept & name)

Chingling chain is astounding....

The last evolution for Drifblim, looks less 'Nintendo-authentic' than the others, but good sprite work :D

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
me I prefere sheildon and cranidos from all fossils, because the other are.......so old that it isn't special^^ and you hack is so special that you need special pokémons also ;P

Ty2

New Hacker and Working Hard
Years
Just thought I'd showcase some of the stuff I've put on Deviantart. There is more, but I'm a lazy bugger at times.

Sands_Of_Time_Logo_by_vivalaevolution.png

This is the logo, exquisitely made by Artic.uno who is currently making some thread graphics so I can get that tatty 1st post fixed up. Hope you like it, I certainly do.

Next up we have a few sprites:

I_Come_From_A_Land_Down_Under_by_vivalaevolution.png

There you have the grass starters.

• Koaleaf (
    GrassIC.gif
    )
  • Koapeira (
    GrassIC.gif
    FightingIC.gif
    )
  • Koalyptus (
    GrassIC.gif
    FightingIC.gif
    ).

Concepts by me, sprites by darthvagabond.

Fire_In_The_Disco_by_vivalaevolution.png

Here are the Fire starters.

• Burgoat (
    FireIC.gif
    )
  • Smoldhorn (
    FireIC.gif
    )
  • Vulcapra (
    FireIC.gif
    )

I always felt it was appauling that there still hasn't been a decent goat pokemon and that's how this line originated. Concepts by me, sprites by darthvagabond.

I've still to upload the Water line to deviantart. I'll do that when I can be bothered am not so very, very busy.

Now I have a few more sprites on Deviantart at the moment to show you.

Very_Superstitious_by_vivalaevolution.png

Absyl, the Absol prevo, is one of the oldest, and I'm told the cutest, sprite we have. The credit for its cuteness goes to RedBaron and his spriting work. Concept by me.

My_Milkshake_by_vivalaevolution.png

The very talented Riceeman produced Moovine there on the left. It evolves, depending on gender, to either Tauros or Miltank finally uniting the two species. Concept was by me.

Hells_Bells_by_vivalaevolution.png

Chirillon, on the right, was also sprited by Riceeman. Chingling is the 1st Psychic type catchable and so it seemed right that its evo line had more substance. Concept by me.

Learn_To_Fly_by_vivalaevolution.png

Driffelin was, back in November when I first started off in the Scrapbox, the very first fakemon concept created. It has gone through more resprites than any other fakemon here and this is its final incarnation courtesy of darthvagabond. I've had a deep love for the Drifloon line since I first played Diamond but was always dispaointed that its only decent stat was HP. I also love airships so it seemed sensible to develop the line even further with this gentle giant. It has the cute, cuddlyness of the rest of its line but its eyes seem haunting and its stance omnious which I think is imortant for a Ghost type. Concept by me.

I'm making a proper-looking fakedex at the moment and that will be up as soon as I've improved that 1st post.

Please c+c

As seeing this beautiful and wonderful (almost same thing) sprites in this post, cynic, your hack will go very far. Also, I think you should post this on the first post of this thread very soon so people will look at the first post and say, "This hack is phenomenal, I'm going for it all the way." Just giving you a good heads up, I'm supporting this hack all the way dude

The Cynic

Years
Wow, the guy who did the Absyl sprite must be pretty smexy :). No, but really, great job to all the spriters . . . ;)

:cer_tongue:

Grass starter line -Amazing stuff

Fire starter line - Great, don't know why the cloak disappears in the third evolution though, concepts in that line could use some work (good spriting job though)

Absol pre-evolution looks like Absol, just smaller. Concept needs work there as well

Moovine looks nice, but a little too close to Miltank (with the concept & name)

Chingling chain is astounding....

The last evolution for Drifblim, looks less 'Nintendo-authentic' than the others, but good sprite work :D

:cer_smile:

The cloak disapears because it evolves from a gentle beast who spends all day contentedly chewing the cud to a somewhat aggressive and territorial beast capable of charging at and
mowing enemies down. I don't know why people dislike the cloak but oh well.

Well I don't want Absyl to stray too far from Absol, so that's why it's like that. I admit it's not the most creative concept but if you look at Igglybuff, Cleffa and Azurill they're not the most creative either... I'm not saying that we should be content with substandard sprites, but frankly that sprite is absolutely fine and definately not substandard. RedBaron did a good job.

Moovine looks indeed a lot more like Miltank than Tauros but I think Riceeman did do well in making a compromise between the two species. In an ideal world it would have 2 different sprites for male and female but back in Gen III, gender differences didn't exist (except of course for Nidoran). The two ways to get around this would be to hack Gen IV or make a game. At this stage I don't want to make a game as all sprites would have to be redone to 80x80 and candidly it has been hard enough to get the sprites we have done. We are honoured to have worked with those we are. Hacking Gen IV is a big no-no as the resources/knowledge just isn't really there yet.

Another :cer_smile:. Chirillon exists because the first gym.... well I'm not giving away the typing but you can probably work it out, pretty much requires a Psychic if you want to take it down with relative ease and up until that point the only Psychics available in the wild are Chingling and Meditite. To make Chingling a more attractive pokemon to use, and I love Chingling (so cute), I gave it an evo. For the record, Medicham also has an evo Mediguru and Riceeman is actually spriting that right now.

As for Driffelin, darthvagabond does have a wildly different spriting style from everyone else. Some people don't like it, but others love it. It's a marmite sort of thing. If you get the chance, view Pokemon Nebula (link in my sig) which is his game. He has taken a hiatus from pokemon and spriting however as of 20th of February and won't return until July so don't expect any updates on that game soon.

I'm glad you took the time to give some in-depth feedback and that's what I like. :cer_smile:

i got bored and decided to sprite culverain(horribly,though, i dont think you want to use it in your game)

rk0ppw_th.png

I'm afraid is isn't in concordance with the other sprites in terms of style but I appreciate the gesture. :cer_smile:

As seeing this beautiful and wonderful (almost same thing) sprites in this post, cynic, your hack will go very far. Also, I think you should post this on the first post of this thread very soon so people will look at the first post and say, "This hack is phenomenal, I'm going for it all the way." Just giving you a good heads up, I'm supporting this hack all the way dude

Thanks, I will be posting this sort of thing in the 1st post including the new map etc. as soon as Artic.uno has finished making those thread graphics. Then I'll put everything there.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Moovine looks indeed a lot more like Miltank than Tauros but I think Riceeman did do well in making a compromise between the two species. In an ideal world it would have 2 different sprites for male and female but back in Gen III, gender differences didn't exist (except of course for Nidoran). The two ways to get around this would be to hack Gen IV or make a game. At this stage I don't want to make a game as all sprites would have to be redone to 80x80 and candidly it has been hard enough to get the sprites we have done. We are honoured to have worked with those we are. Hacking Gen IV is a big no-no as the resources/knowledge just isn't really there yet.

Alternately, you could replace Nidoran with these. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back