• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
  • err, judgementomb is a too long name, it needs to be 10 letters or shorter

I am unfortunately aware of that. I'll have to rename or shorten it. No other name seems to work with it though. It's a Spiritomb evo and signature pokemon of Laquetta, the 7th gym leader. I'll upload it when it's sprited (it looks a bit like a thwomp!).

I liked the story primarily of start city hack

Thanks very much. I understand the story section is very short. Just trying to keep it under wraps at the moment.

The name drew me to this and I am very glad I looked, this is absolutely excellent, I wish I had a team as good as yours, or a team at all...

Thanks.

The Cynic

Years
  • thwomp, spiritomb, hmm... crushtomb?

No it just resembles the shape and facial expression of a thwomp. The title I'm going with at the moment is Hallowtomb.

Just to ensure everyone that progress is taking place I will be uploading screenshots of Diluculo Island, Littlebeach Town, Freewharf Town and Cape Infinity with their brand spanking new, custom-made tiles courtesy of simdu68 who is very talented indeed. We're going for a 4th generation style but with some originality. It's going to look great.

Soon to follow will be, a minor revamping of the first thread including a better region map that is actually complete. The one in the 1st post currently is so out-of-date you couldn't imagine. I've switched routes etc. around and even added a new town Autumnleaf Town. Which I think will be very cool. It has Autumn trees much like Ecruteak City but this one has a windmill and pumkins everywhere and has a vineyard to the East of it that makes fine, fine wines.

The whole thread's going to be much more attractive. I'm getting someone to some awesome CSS graphics featuring Casey, the protaganist, and the three starters. The fakedex will be made more attractive and basically everything will look nicer. This is what I will be doing when I'm waiting on things such as sprites, tiles etc. from the various members of my team.

Anyway, I want plenty of crit. so do not hesitate to comment. If you want to know more about anything, just ask me.

Last edited:

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
  • I also love its history (of each city) and its faképokémon' s (the majority), excellent work, spriters of trainers also is good, alone finds that it must also work in tiles, congratulations

The Cynic

Years
  • how are you progressing on this?(and yes i saw the progress thing on the front page)

A bit slow at the moment. I'm just very busy (I'll expand on that in a moment). The progress bars on the first page are also horribly out of date. I'm not updating them because the whole first post in going to be rennovated soon.

I also love its history (of each city) and its faképokémon' s (the majority), excellent work, spriters of trainers also is good, alone finds that it must also work in tiles, congratulations

Thanks, that means a lot coming from you! :cer_smile: Yes, there is a lot of backstory. The idea is to try and make the hack as immersive as possible. Good luck with LightPlatinum, it's one of my favourites and is a great inspiration!

-----------------------------------------

Well the idea yesterday was to unveil 9 new completed sprites. Unfortunately there have been unforseen delays with delivering them. These things are outwith my control. Also, I have been very, very busy recently and as a result have been unable to do a lot of work on the hack. This however will change come July. I will have so much more free time on which to work on this by then. Until that rainstorm looms overhead, the stream will remain more of a trickle than a torrent (hooray for metaphors!). I will still continue to deliver updates until July including 20 new sprites in the near future. I did also intend to provide screenshots of the new mapping but again busy, busy, busy. I'm planning a revamp of the first post as soon as I can including new-look fakedex etc. and some lovely CSS and sugimori-style artwork! If not before, this will be done during July.

Sorry for the delay guys.

~The Cynic~

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • I also love its history (of each city) and its faképokémon' s (the majority), excellent work, spriters of trainers also is good, alone finds that it must also work in tiles, congratulations

you are like me lol^^
    for me the graphic of the game is one of the most important points also^^

anyway don't worry, I'm tiling for the Cynic, so the graphic of the game will be great ;)

BTW, @ Cynic, the tile, the hostel I sent you today, have you inserted?
    and if not if you want you can send me the hack for a few days I'll add a touch of personality, I will put in my newest tiles because you are my first client for my tiles and your hack is great so I will give you my best tiles ;D

oh, yet something, I did the pier and the boats, I will give them to you soon, you know, I take care of my tiles I don't want the tiles to have errors so I must take a look at them a last time......
    but tomorrow or friday I will send you some more tiles you asked ;D

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    The fake pokemon don't look that bad, It looks like a big region with lots of maps and events you which you good luck

The Cynic

Years

• you are like me lol^^
    for me the graphic of the game is one of the most important points also^^

anyway don't worry, I'm tiling for the Cynic, so the graphic of the game will be great ;)

BTW, @ Cynic, the tile, the hostel I sent you today, have you inserted?
    and if not if you want you can send me the hack for a few days I'll add a touch of personality, I will put in my newest tiles because you are my first client for my tiles and your hack is great so I will give you my best tiles ;D

oh, yet something, I did the pier and the boats, I will give them to you soon, you know, I take care of my tiles I don't want the tiles to have errors so I must take a look at them a last time......
    but tomorrow or friday I will send you some more tiles you asked ;D

I'm afraid I;'m not going to send you the hack because I kinda prefer to do the inserting myself. I hope you don't mind. :cer_smile:

Yeah, it's good that you've done the tiles. Can you PM me with them ASAP?

The fake pokemon don't look that bad, It looks like a big region with lots of maps and events you which you good luck

Thanks very much for your comment.

-------------------------------------------

I said I wouldn't be able to do any big updates until July as I'm very busy. I have however managed to get the region map redone. Ta-dah!

picture.php

I did about 6 (literally) of these as I couldn't deside on the right style to use. I eventually just made a custom style. Please comment. It is not annoted yet, I'll do that when it goes in the first post.

I'm not putting it in the first post yet because I'm going to do a BIG update of that in early July. Basically what I'm saying is that July will be the big month for things getting done. In fact there might (and I stress so much on the might part of this sentense) even be a 1st beta released that month. This will depend on tiles, sprites getting done etc.

Soon I'll post some sexy new sprites for us all to glance at. This thread is very out of date compared to the work that's been done behind the scenes and I look forward to displaying all dat new schizz.

Comment away!

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Sorry, I'd like to comment, but the map isn't displaying for me. Not sure if it's a problem on my end or if you didn't upload correctly. =/

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Wow the hack has made a lot of progress since i last looked onto it
    Keep it up

The Cynic

Years
  • Sorry, I'd like to comment, but the map isn't displaying for me. Not sure if it's a problem on my end or if you didn't upload correctly. =/

No it definately works, I've checked it completely. When that happens, just refresh the page until it does show up ok? Thanks for giving me a heads-up. :cer_smile:

Wow the hack has made a lot of progress since i last looked onto it
    Keep it up

Merci! :cer_smile:

Awe, we have to wait untill July? Awewell it'll be worth it!

Yes, at the very earliest it will be a July release. Thanks for your enthusiasm. :cer_smile:

-------------------------------

Been meaning to announce for a while that I am honoured to have Riceeman and Cyber-Gorilla and I'll add their names to the credits when the new first post is ready, which I am working on.

Also PokemonMasta will be spriting the gym badges and I'll reveal them pretty much as soon as they're done.

Will be displaying some new sprites soon... I promise. :cer_wink: I was going to unveil the new starter sprites today that darthvagabond did a while ago but I don't want to look like I'm copying Pokemon Sienna so I'll leave those a week or so.

Keep the comments coming please and feel free to ask questions because the 1st post is very, very out of date.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023

No it definately works, I've checked it completely. When that happens, just refresh the page until it does show up ok? Thanks for giving me a heads-up. :cer_smile:

It still does not work, no matter what I do. And judging by the poster above me, I'm not the only one. Might I suggest an upload to imageshack or tinypic instead of here?

The Cynic

Years
  • It still does not work, no matter what I do. And judging by the poster above me, I'm not the only one. Might I suggest an upload to imageshack or tinypic instead of here?

Well I can still see it even when I log out, but oh well.

Here's the map via my Deviantart account:

Vicitalis_Region_Map_by_vivalaevolution.png

I hope this is better for you. :cer_smile:

Also, here is the region map annotated:

Region_Map__Annotated_by_vivalaevolution.png

SETTLEMENTS

A - Littlebeach Town
    B - Freewharf Town
    C - Southport City
    D - Ode Town
    E - Myrtle City
    F - Hydroville City
    G - Radiant City
    H - Vestige City
    I - Meadowranch Town
    J - Alpine City
    K - Drygulch City
    L - Sanctuary Town
    M - Neonbright City
    N - Rustshore City
    O - Prayer Town
    P - Tropica City
    Q - Murkreek Town
    R - Autumnleaf Town
    S - Aeonopolis City

PLACES OF INTREST

1 - Cape Infinity
    2 - New Forest Sawmill
    3 - Hydroville Dam
    4 - Lake Valient Geothermal Plant
    5 - Mt. Ardour
    6 - Howling Cave
    7 - Prestige Resort
    8 - Amity Airfield
    9 - Wintershore Tunnel
    10 - Abanndoned Mine
    11 - Stormy Mesa Wind Farm
    12 - Ancient Pyramids
    13 - Relic Beach
    14 - Noctis Crater
    15 - Carmine Reef
    16 - Deepsea Trench
    17 - Everglades Safari Adventure!
    18 - Ranger Outpost
    19 - Ancaster Manion
    20 - Autumnleaf Vineyard
    21 - Futuretech Nuclear Plant
    22 - Searoar Spiral
    23 - Victory Gate
    24 - Triumph Landing
    25 - Ascension Castle
    26 - Astral Peak
    27 - Astral Shrine

ROUTES/FORESTS/LANDSCAPES (unmarked)

Diluculo Island
    Whispering Cliffs
    Melody Thicket
    Myrtle Valley
    Timber Grove
    New Forest
    Hydroville Reservoir
    Mountain Cycleway
    Lake Valient
    Heroic Path
    Calamity Pass
    Blindmarsh
    Pleasant Green
    Blizzard Verge
    Wintergreen Trail
    Meltwater Gorge
    Halcyon Plains
    Dusty Ridge
    Windrush Canyon
    Immortal Desert
    Verdant Oasis
    Thorny Scrub
    Felix Road
    Ribbon Sea
    Tropica Everglades
    Vicitalis National Park
    Shady Bayou
    Dark Swamp
    Shimmer Glade
    Russet Falls
    Maple Bridge
    Crepusculum Island
    Atom Road
    Amaranth Dots
    Triumph Straits
    Dies Island​

Last edited:

Obscurum intus

Darkness Within
    Years
  • This hack is going to be epic, I just wish I could make some kind of contribution...
    But I need 6 more posts so until then Im pretty useless to anyone lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back