• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animated Music Video Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody

Banned
Years
  • PokéCommunity Get-Together 2010 Presents:
    The Pokecommunity AMV Contest!

Hosts: Pachy & Mew~
    Supervisor: twocows
    Judges: Hosts and Supervisor. Additional judges may be considered IF there are many entries, you may volunteer to be a judge during the entry period, but you may not enter this contest if you are a Judge. (Auto-disqualification of your entry if we select you as a Judge)
    We are now open for Judges to apply, you must post expressing your interest before the video submission deadline, and you must be approved by the staff super, and both hosts.

Rules! (Follow them or face your DOOM!!!):

1. Entry deadline is Sunday 3 PM Central or 4 PM Eastern time.

2. Judges will evaluate entries and post results on Monday night (We need to see if we can declare our winner after the event is over).

3. Follow all PokéCommunity rules. Do not submit an AMV that is stolen, plagiarized, disabled/muted for copyright reasons, or has inappropriate/mature content.

4. You may submit any AMV you have created and posted to Youtube before, as long as you can prove ownership by privately messaging me from your account with the entry. We will not accept entries posted on other video services, unless if there is a judge with an account on that site to confirm you owning the entry.

5. Upload your video to Youtube first, and then to https://www.megaupload.com (but not rapidshare!). If your video gets disabled during Judging, then you will be disqualified. If your video is instantly disabled on Youtube, let us know, and upload your video to MegaUpload. We'll download and watch 'em just the same, but you'll have to submit information about it. (See spoiler below)

6. Your entry must have some indication that it belongs to you. Add an opening/text to the RAW video or add an annotation on YouTube. If you cannot prove ownership of your entry, then you will be disqualified. Be sure to re-upload your entry if you must.

7. You are not required to upload your video to YouTube, because of the Copyright ID system, but we do require you to provide a title for your video, and every single anime and song title/artist you used so we can search the internet for your video. If we find it posted anywhere else online besides the link you give us to watch it at, we may question your ownership of the video.

8. You must post your entry in this thread. Do not PM the Judges or Hosts with your entry.
    Spoiler:

Entries So far:
    Spoiler:

Winner: (Winner's Emblem)
    Bring the Pain AMV by Rukario

Finalists: (Finalists Emblem)
    Umbreon Whispers In The Dark by MEGAS
    [KARAS]Bleed it Out by Rise*

Honorable mention: (Participant Emblem)
    Toradora / Wherever You Will Go -- best video
    Pikachu's Goodbye / Photograph -- best fit
    TSS_Killer: Best Encoder (Includes sources), Best Pokemon AMV: DP Under Pressure
    Elite Overlord LeSabre™: Best Song to Video Synchronization, Good Quality (Streaming. Even at YT's 360p I could tell HQ sources were used.): That's What Anime Girls Do!
    Neoblade16: Good minor FX/Song Sync, Song Choice: Pikachu's Goodbye- Photograph

All others who participated will also be awarded a Participant Emblem.

*=Wildcard pick. Because the winner was selected as a finalist by two out of three judges, an extra video has been nominated as finalist.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Be sure to take a gander at the updated first post! Don't PM your entries to judges or hosts, post them right here. If you don't have enough posts, that's not an excuse, you can make 15 posts easy if you go prance around Other Chat or Other Voting Polls.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • WAIT A LINK? Because I have an old Youtube video of mine, but it's old so I don't have the file anymore... =P

WolfSoul

Blaze Trainer~
    Years
  • Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • My entry:

* Title: That's What Anime Girls Do!
    * Created/Edited by: Myself (under the name LGilman479/Northwood Quality Prouctions)
    * Anime: Fresh Pretty Cure, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, ToHeart: Remember My Memories, True Love Story (OVA), Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii), Pokemon XD; Gale of Darkness (GCN), Myself Yourself, Pretty Cure Splash Star, Hitohira, Futari wa Pretty Cure, ONE (OVA)
    * Song: That's What Girls Do! - No Secrets
    * YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwAQDjl0u4E
    * MegaUpload: https://www.megaupload.com/?d=D89PWVPY
    * (Optional) Time of Text "Credits" which verify ownership of video: 20 secs (3:22 to 3:42)

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Quick Question, is there any specific time limit for an entry? I've made a lot of short (under 30) bits of AMV's but I haven't made a fullout one in a long time. Just asking so I can know if I should freak out and start editing like crazy or not. :3

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Please be aware that a friend and I are making a video similar to AMV Hell (that style, with short 30 - 60 secs clips) called AMV Heaven vol.2 and we are looking for AMV makers to submit their HD 720p (only) AMV clips.. Videos posted her, if in HD, can also be submitted if there is a short clip you'd like to use on the project..

I'll have a clip from last vol up here shortly as a submission to this contest :P

Also Pachy or ~mew, PM me.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Quick Question, is there any specific time limit for an entry? I've made a lot of short (under 30) bits of AMV's but I haven't made a fullout one in a long time. Just asking so I can know if I should freak out and start editing like crazy or not. :3

No minimum or maximum time limit is enforced, though if your AMV is only 30 seconds in total length...it may or may not score well. I know I won't mind short ones, but the other judges might. XD

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Rise

「Rise Director」
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    Pachy's talking about animemusicvideos.com
    Since it acts pretty much the same way as megaupload in that you can download the file, it can be put in as a valid entry.
    At least thats how I understood the sentence.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years

• No minimum or maximum time limit is enforced, though if your AMV is only 30 seconds in total length...it may or may not score well. I know I won't mind short ones, but the other judges might. XD

I've decided to start something new and edit like crazy anyhow. ;D

Hopefully I'll have it finished by tomorrow. I've got the first 20 seconds done already, and I extended it to around a minute because you do have a point. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back