• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Another question this time. My Dewgong has Surf, Ice Beam and Rest. I don't know what move to put as the last option. I might be using Dewgong in a Hail Team but that's still undecided. Should I add in Signal beam for a filler and to counter Grass weakness? By the way, Dewgong has Thick Fat so don't mention anything that has to do with Rain Dance or Hydration. I have another Dewgong for that purpose.

Since dewgong has ice beam to counter grass, going for signal beam might be a poor choice (even though it wouldn't work against an abomasnow). You could put in another move to counter other weaknesses, or maybe a powerful move like blizzard.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Since Signal Beam is for type coverage, so maybe Toxic too do some damage while Dewgong is in a state of sleep? I'd go with either of the two. Also Signal Beam would be a counter to Psychic as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I just got Diamond, and I'm loving it so far. I have about 4 hours on the game. I went on the Pokemon wiki to find out that I can only trade for some of my favorite Pokemon like Charmander.. I know where to go to trade, but I don't know how to actually trade for someone like Charmander, or how to connect to Wi-fi through Pokemon because it keeps saying it can't find my access point. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    I just got Diamond, and I'm loving it so far. I have about 4 hours on the game. I went on the Pokemon wiki to find out that I can only trade for some of my favorite Pokemon like Charmander.. I know where to go to trade, but I don't know how to actually trade for someone like Charmander, or how to connect to Wi-fi through Pokemon because it keeps saying it can't find my access point. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

To trade your going to either need a friend with HG/SS, or Fire Red, or Leaf Green. Or, you need to go to an access point, or basically W-LAN. you can easily find that at airports etc

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If you check the quick trade thread, I'm sure you'll find someone that will trade you one. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    i'd guess the best way to make money would be to use vs seeker and fight trainers again.. or do pokemon league again if you're that far and if you have high level pokemon to do it quickly and easily.
    i would do pokemon leauge if your short on time but youll get more money by re battling trainers or use the vs. seeker... but i used action replay for money but i KNOW! youll get more money in battling about 50 trainers than battling 5 and one dosent even give u money

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    In terms of breeding, would a Pokémon be considered "international" if it is from a different country, or does it have to be in a different language? In other words, would the Masuda Method work with an American Eevee and, say, an Australian Eevee, or does it have to be an English Eevee with a Non-English Eevee?
    Wow, that was very badly worded...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    In terms of breeding, would a Pokémon be considered "international" if it is from a different country, or does it have to be in a different language? In other words, would the Masuda Method work with an American Eevee and, say, an Australian Eevee, or does it have to be an English Eevee with a Non-English Eevee?
    Wow, that was very badly worded...

Yeah it has to be something like an English Eevee and a Japanese Eevee or any 2 Pokemon not of the same language.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    Can anyone tell me what are the bulky Water type Pokemon? Is Walrein and Dewgong one of them? O.o

Vaporeon and Gyarados are two, not sure about Swampert...Suicune can be a bulky water if you train it right. That's just OU. Not sure about the other tiers, though.

I've got a question myself: I had a Murkrow who's ability was Insomnia. When I evolved it, the new Honchkrow's ability was Super-Luck. Can abilities change when they evolve? Or is Super Luck Honchkrow's only ability?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Vaporeon and Gyarados are two, not sure about Swampert...Suicune can be a bulky water if you train it right. That's just OU. Not sure about the other tiers, though.

I've got a question myself: I had a Murkrow who's ability was Insomnia. When I evolved it, the new Honchkrow's ability was Super-Luck. Can abilities change when they evolve? Or is Super Luck Honchkrow's only ability?
    Honchkrow's abilities are either Insomnia or Super Luck. It's possible that your Murkrow was transferred from Pal Park. I heard that Pokemon that had one ability in Gen III and gained another in Gen IV that were transferred from Pal Park sometimes have their abilities changed.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    Honchkrow's abilities are either Insomnia or Super Luck. It's possible that your Murkrow was transferred from Pal Park. I heard that Pokemon that had one ability in Gen III and gained another in Gen IV that were transferred from Pal Park sometimes have their abilities changed.

This Murkrow wasn't caught in Pal Park. I caught it in-game in the Eterna Forest in Diamond.

Depending on the Generation III Pokémon's personality value, its ability may change upon evolution. Ability shouldn't change as long as it doesn't evolve.

Ah, thanks for the link. That explains it.

Back