• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drabbles

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
Years
  • 100 Words or less qualify as drabbles, though mine sometimes cross by twenty five words or so. This will be where I post all of my drabbles, and I'm more than willing to take requests if you want to throw out a prompt in bold.

Fandom Base:
    • LoZ: I Am [Below]
    • LoZ: So Many Stars!
    • LoZ: A Chill Mist Creeping Up Through a Darkened Forest
    • PKMN: An Unexpected Surprise

Original Base:
    • Epic Win
    • Electric Labyrinth
    • Cryptic Blocks
    • One Scene Outside, One Scene Inside
    • The Sixth Dimension
    • Luck of the Claw?
    • Longing to return Home
    • Crossing of Worlds
    • Thrill of the Hunt
    • Through the Fire
    • Old Situation, New Trick
    • Care to Dance?

---

LoZ: "I Am"

I am invisible by night, trailing behind you by day. From the depths of darkness, I was created. Created to cower in the light, to reign by night.

I am your mirror, smudged by soot. Like water, I reflect a wavering image - Imprecise, yet similar.

I am part of your mind. I know your heart's desire, your greatest strength, and your greatest fear.

I am half, yet also whole. Part of you, yet also my own being. Your greatest foe, your most trusted friend.

I am ... Dark Link.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's been a while since I've read a drabble, huh...

Anyways! I liked this one - nice idea with having one on Dark Link. I particularly liked the repetition of 'I am' there, as well as the wording such as 'Created to cower in the light, to reign by night.' and 'your ___' used there - it felt well done to me and didn't come off as too repetitive imo. The content or rather claims of what he was certainly tied it in well with what Dark Link actually is as well in the games, IMO, and sounded nice and sinister from Dark Link. =)
    A few notes:
    Like water, I reflect a wavering image - Imprecise, yet similar.
    I don't feel that 'Imprecise' marks the beginning of a sentence there given the hyphen before it, so I suggest removing the capital there.
    You greatest foe, your most trusted friend.
    Should be your.
    I am ... Dark Link.
    That ellipse could be connected to a word, I feel (e.g. I am... Dark Link), but I fl it'd actually sound better if the ellipse was removed so it was merely a statement without pause - 'I am Dark Link' - my two cents at any rate.

Certainly enjoyed this drabble, overall. =)

SeleneHime

Years
  • Ah, sorry about my late reply. Not feeling so well, so I forgot to check it yesterday.

Anyway - Thank you for such a detailed review, B&B. *Smiles.* Heh, yes, it does certainly seem to ring a bell when dealing with Dark Link. And I fixed the typo (hard to believe I hadn't noticed it beforehand, really).

Hehe, much appreciated. Hopefully you'll enjoy my others as well. "I Am" was quite literally my first drabble to write, believe it or not.

Dragonite Ernston

I rival Lance's.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2016
    Haven't read too many drabbles myself (read: none), so I don't really know what to think about this. It reads less like a "story" or a small scene, and more like a monologue passage. Kind of like those little "synopsis passages" at the beginning of a story that some authors use as a prologue.

SeleneHime

Years
  • *Nods.* True, this one wouldn't give the most accurate interpretation of a "drabble." Most of them read as a small story in my roster, though this one is a much more personal view from Dark Link.

But, yes, I understand what you're talking about. And thank you for commenting. ^_^

Back