• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Alder's "Partner"?

Years
  • During the multiple times that Alder interacted with Team Plasma, Ghetsis brought up the fact that his partner Pokemon had been lost due to illness. Previous to this eye-opening dialogue, it was assumed that Volcarona had always been his partner Pokemon, and wasn't preceded by another Pokemon, although Volcarona did seem like an odd-choice, considering most League Champions had a pseudo-legendary Pokemon by their side. Another theory that crossed my mind is that we may get to see this partner Pokemon of his in the 3rd game in the B/W series, especially since time and different "worlds" (cue Opelucid and the Entralink) are mentioned a bit, throughout the games. So, if you have any theories or questions about the identity of this Pokemon, feel free to post them here.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    This caught my attention as well, sadly I have no idea who it could be. I would surely love to know and hear any theories as well. Why are you assuming Volcarona? I'm not sure I understand what part you're talking about, with the whole eye-opening dialogue.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    WHATEVER! Well, it could be anything, but I thought of something weird. In the Relic Castle, there's a Volcarona. What if it's somehow related to Alder? Maybe he knows some of the castle's history?
    Volcarona seems like it's a really special Pokemon for him. Even his hairstyle is stylized after it.
    The Volcarona in the castle caused some uproar if it's a legendary or not, and it's really weird as it evolves at a huge level and it's near legendaries in the Pokedex, so it might be even more than Pseudo-Legendary...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    WHATEVER! Well, it could be anything, but I thought of something weird. In the Relic Castle, there's a Volcarona. What if it's somehow related to Alder? Maybe he knows some of the castle's history?
    Volcarona seems like it's a really special Pokemon for him. Even his hairstyle is stylized after it.
    The Volcarona in the castle caused some uproar if it's a legendary or not, and it's really weird as it evolves at a huge level and it's near legendaries in the Pokedex, so it might be even more than Pseudo-Legendary...

Yeah, I mean Volcarona does make sense. There's definitely something special surrounding it. There's also the fact that he's got quite a bit of Bug Pokemon on his team, and his hair could be portrayed as "flames". Could be some sort of connection there. The thing is that when you go to battle him, he has a Volcarona. Maybe it's an offspring of his old partner, but who knows.

Either way, I would really love to know who his old partner was.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It would have been interesting if B/W even gave hints on what Alder's old partner Pokemon was. Given that half of Alder's Pokemon are Bug-type, my guess is that Alder's old partner Pokemon is Scolipede or Leavanny (more likely on the former).

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Alders partner had to be something interesting Volcarona is very important to him, so maybe it was a volcarona, but you have to take notice Galvantula is a bug type maybe that was his partner
    or it couldve been a Hydreigon,afterall he is missing a psuedo-legend in his team

Years
  • It was probably a Lavesta, or Volcarona. But since he's ancient and all, could be anything. Hell it could be a freaking Patrat.

While we're on the subject of Alder...you do realize he doesn't know how to use the PC system? He carries 9 Pokemon with him, people!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It was probably a Lavesta, or Volcarona. But since he's ancient and all, could be anything. Hell it could be a freaking Patrat.

While we're on the subject of Alder...you do realize he doesn't know how to use the PC system? He carries 9 Pokemon with him, people!

thats cuz he doesnt understand how to use the PC system lol

Back