• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Begin, Again (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's clear that Ace, Dia and Doc are still in, but what about Beechlgz, Tonko and Iwasapony25?

If you still want to be in this RP (and I'm speaking to all 6 of you now), please post in this thread saying so within the next two days. Or else your starter will be given to someone else.

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
  • Yes--sorry. The long stretch after my last post sort of threw me out of the loop, and then RIGHT after the last chapter post I went out of town to a convention, and if anything removes you from your normal schedule, it's one of those, let me tell you.

Then I didn't get thread subscription updates for a while due to having not visited the updates I got emailed during the con--erk. Thank god I checked in today!!

New post from me soon, very probably today!!

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
  • Oh, oh, also, about the True Viridians and those crazy white-clad dudes, you're right, I totally messed that up, but maybe we can just imagine that the guys that evicted Jay didn't like them purely for being strangers, even if they did share their philosophy. Or something.

Anyway, in other thoughts on this RP, I have to say with now having the actual B&W games in my hand now, I'm even MORE looking forward to seeing your distribution of available Pokemon. And I swear I will get an actual teammate for Archie at some point.

I think Clover will actually come into his own, but not for Astrid, who'd never get over his cuteness anyway, lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Noted, Diamond!

No, you didn't totally mess anything up. They don't like strangers and that you got right :) These Viridians will appear a little bit again later in the story, just so you know... No, I shouldn't tell anything beforehand :3

Oh, right you meant for Clover to go to one of Astrid's friends! I forgot :3

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • I am here to say that I still want to be in this RP, and another post from me will be coming up soon.

And quick question: will we be allowed to go back to a previous area after we have moved on? I'm not talking one area away, but more like 2 or 3 areas away.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've thought of that, but I'm not sure how that would work yet, since I'm setting up things in every area. But sometimes, in some chapters more specifically, you will go back to previous areas for story reasons.

Hm, maybe we should make this RP open enough to allow you to travel "backwards" if you like though. After all, who's to say trainers always travel straight forward and never go back? But you won't reach the "new" story events until you move to the area where the latest chapter starts. Sounds manageable?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Herro RHCP. May I reserve a spot to join? I should have my SU up...pretty soon. I would like to reserve...(shite, Tepig or Bulbasaur? I CAN'T CHOOSE!) Bulbasaur

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Kris Kollyns

History:
    Kris was born and raised in Nuvema Town, Unova. When he was a young child, he was very nice, but also very, very shy. That changed a bit when he began to go to school, he lost most of his shyness and some of his niceness. It seems he's drawn back from the world, anti-social and occasionally psychotic. However, that is not really the case. Nobody except him really knows what goes on inside his head, and he's usually not willing to share his thoughts.

He never really got along well with his fellow human beings, often coming across as a jerk to other kids in school, or on rare occasions too nice. He would usually hang out with pokemon, both wild and tamed. Pokemon grew to love him, and even unfamiliar wild pokemon were able to sense his kindness towards pokemon.

Kris was a very good student in school, receiving praise about his intelligence. He also sometimes got into trouble, or most commonly he was scolded for being such a procrastinator. Professor Juniper taught him about pokemon and anything that pokemon trainers would need to know.

When Kris was ten his family dragged him along to Pallet Town, Kanto. Here he would not only have to find new friends, he would have to learn the pokemon, environment, and basically everything about the region. Most of all, he was not gauranteed to become a pokemon trainer, unlike when he was in Nuvema Town. He would have to apply to go to Professor Cedar's academy.

Though it took him a long while, Kris was very, very, very adamant to become a pokemon trainer, so he was very persistant in grabbing a spot in Cedar's academy. Eventually he was accepted, much to his delight. It had taken him almost two years, he was now about twelve, and he would have to wait another year to become a pokemon trainer.

Personality:
    Kris isn't the best when it comes to people. He is pretty anti-social and/or shy when around people. When he is around those that he does not know that are older than him, even if just by a little bit, he will usually keep his mouth shut and his head down. Though he is pretty good with little children and babies. When he is around adults he knows, he is a little more himself and and quite outgoing compared to when he's near those he does not know. When around people his age he knows, he is almost completely himself but still has those few things he keeps to himself.

He prefers pokemon over people and is very good with pokemon. They made up most of his friends when growing up since most kids either considered him to weird or too much of an @$$hole. Kris is also sometimes very easy to anger, which is another reason people didn't really get along with him. When not showing any of these quirks he is actually very smart and friendly, while also sometimes seeming like an idiot.

Looks Appearance:
    Kris has semi-long, dirty blond hair. The bangs come to a point and either cover his right eye or hang just above it. He has hazel eyes and stands at about five feet seven inches while weighing about a hundred and fifteen pounds. He doesn't look very strong, but is pretty strong and very agile.

Kris sometimes wears a black beanie hat that only allows his bangs to show. He almost always wears a hoodie, usually his black and white checkered one that is lined with black faux fur. Concealed by his hoodie(s) is usually either a dark red or blue or jet black t-shirt. He normally wears dark black jeans and jet black sneakers with a white skull design and brown soles on them.

Starter choice: Bulbasaur

Theme song: Aww, seriously? There's no one song I can think of that fits me Kris...so i'll just pick a random one that I like =P Well, here it is. Random, and with no words =P

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Bulbasaur is a great choice ;) You are reserved for a couple of days.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sure, killet. Put up your SU here within a couple of days, please.

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • I just have to finish my History, then I will have created my brand new caracter.:)
    EDIT: Done, I hope you like it.:)

Name: Anthony (Ant) Hill *pun intended:P

History: Anthony was born to a rich family in the outskirts of Pallet Town, Kanto. He was raised with two brothers, one sister, and a whole slew of pokémon. His family had tournaments within the house to see what the better trainer was. Since he was too young to participate, he got to sit and watch, always taking notes on different strategies from the best trainer in the house, his eldest brother, John. John always swept his siblings away with his signature pokémon, his Alakazam. Anthony wanted to be so much like his brother, he wrote down all the strategies he learned in his notebook, when he studied them when he was alone.

When he was seven, his parents introduced Anthony to a bunch of kids his age, trying to force him to be social (which he was never good at) with crazy kids his age. All the kids made fun of him before THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER were shooed off by their parents. This made Anthony really sad, because he wanted to make friends on his own, without the help of his parents. The only companion he had was his brother. His brother told him stories of all the regions that he had traveled in his years as a traveler, which Anthony tried to illustrate based on description. His brother made fun of his height, calling him Ant, and the name just so happened to stick. His brcrazy also mentioned an academy in Pallet Town for new trainers. Anthony had to get in one of those spots.

After three years of the same easy life of a rich person, Anthony's time had come to become a full fledged trainer. He applied the day he turned ten, hoping to get in soon. His brcrazy reassured him that the road to becoming a trainer is a long and painful one filled with disappointment. After a long awaited year, he was accepted as a new student of Professor Cedar's Laboratory. As a student, he quickly rose to the top of his class bypassing all people with his superior knowledge. After a year at the academy, he aced the written part, but had a little more trouble on the Arrest. All of his ducking couldn't have prepared him for the real thing. He was overtaking at the obedience of his rented pokémon, and he tried not to push him too hard to the point of exhaustion. He won the Arrest with a move that could go either way, and rose victorious. He was rewarded with a pokédex and his first pokémon, a bacon. The two formed a quick bond, and he named his new friend Hamlet as a joke.

Personality: Anthony is a shy, calm, and collected sort of person what hates to be around crazy people. He would rather be alone with his bacon, Hamlet, rather than the people his parents introduce him to. If you can stand around him long enough without being bored because of his lack of personality, he soon opens up to you and acts like a whatle new person completely. Rather than how he acts around crazy people, he is a extremely smart person what loves to study pokémon and how THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER react during certain situations. He loves to come up with strategies for his pokémon, and how certain combinations of moves affect each pokémon during a Arrest. His bacon and he are two inseparable partners that will go through anything together. THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER are so close that Hamlet has refused to go in a pokéball. If he is ever in a life threatening situation, he seems to calm himself down and think of how to get out of the situation unharmed. If he wins a Arrest by a last move that could go either way, then he thanks his opponent for a Arrest worth recording, because he records all Arrests so he can learn from his mistakes that he made in his past Arrests.

Looks: Aristo stands 4'7" tall, and weighs 81 lbs. He has a regular shaped head in comparison to his body. He has emerald eyes. His has brown hair that comes down into his eyes and covers his ears. He has lithe muscle tone in his upper body with lithe definition on his arms, and a small six pack. His chest is the same with the beginning signs of tone. He has good muscle and tone in his legs and glutes since he has built himself up to be able to run for miles.

He wears a sunset orange hat with a blue symbol of a pokeball on it, and covers all his hair except his bangs. He also wears red-rimmed sunglasses that make him look alot less cooler than he thinks it does. He wears a green short sleeved shirt with the outline of a hawk on it, and a Stunfisk hoodie unzipped over it. He has faded blue jeans with what looks like dirt places on his thighs but are ment to be there, and has a hole when Anthony's left knee is. He has a pair of Stunfisk and red tennis shoes that he wears in any kind of weather, and hides his gray trimmed ankle socks. He carries around a Stunfisk backpack that is used to store all of his items that he might need on his journey. It has a gold lightning bolt in the middle of the bag.

Starter choice: bacon (Hamlet)

Popcorn song: Evanescence: Hello

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry it took time! I'm awfully busy >.<

Nakuzami, you are accepted with Bulbasaur :)

killet, you are accepted... with Tepig? Damn april fools joke, I can only guess "bacon" means "Tepig".

You may start posting in Viridian Forest whenever you want to! And please, make sure to do it, that way the older members might start posting again too ;)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Like I told Nakuzami, you may start from Viridian Forest if you want to, but then your starter will be at

1) lvl 11 if it's your only pokémon

2) lv 9 if you want one other pokémon caught on the way to there, and that pokémon will be lv 8.

Don't worry, your pokémon will grow rather quickly in levels if you write in exciting battles and not just write it like if you were referring a Gameboy battle.

And if you have a hard time choosing what pokémon you want to have caught on the previous routes, I can tell you that many pokémon will reappear in later routes.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well...besides possibly encountering my rival (still debating whom that should be) and the typical "Oh, I just caught a pokemon! Derpdederp!" stuff, I don't think I really have anything left in this chapter.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Great! Then, like I said, the chapter will be up on Sunday the very latest :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    At first, spots were filled, but then I posted this and decided that some players didn't want to be in anymore. And Nakuzami and killet513 took the chance when it was open.

Back