• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Perfect Being Delta

Varin

Storm'd at with shot and shell
Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Pokemon: Perfect Being Delta (Sign-Ups Open, 6 slots left!) [PG16]

Story >

You live in the quiet little region of Shussei. It's a large island, a little bit the west of Johto – Cianwood can be reached by ferry from the west coast of Shussei – and north-east of Hoenn, although it's further from Hoenn than Johto. Most of the Pokemon to be found here are from the Johto and Kanto regions because of this, but some from Hoenn can still be found. Some Sinnoh Pokemon can be found locally, but very rarely. Isshu Pokemon are unheard of, except when powerful trainers from far overseas come to train in the region.

It's January 1st, and as has been tradition for many, many years, young Pokemon trainers are about to begin their Pokemon League journey. Shussei does things a little differently, though. Pokemon training is seen as a big responsibility – trainers have to be a little older than they do in the other regions. Trainers also have to raise their first Pokemon from an egg. As it happens, Shussei is the region where the Pokemon League first started, over 50 years ago, and the founding President of the Pokemon League, Mr. Yozora, still lives here.

All is not well, however. Professor Hazel is worried. About 18 years ago, strange Pokemon started appearing in the region. They seemed familiar to ordinary Pokemon, but far more powerful, and knowing devastating new techniques. However, these Pokemon, dubbed Delta Pokemon, were barely ever seen. But recently, encounters with them have increased, with trainers reporting their entire teams had been taken out, and they'd been forced to flee.

Because of this, Professor Hazel has gone to from Chartreuse Town to Azure City, a huge metropolis beyond Honeydew Forest, to meet with Enoch Yozora. Enoch is the son of Mr. Yozora, and is the Champion of the Shussei Pokemon League. Enoch had spent the past two years training in Kanto, and had come back about six months ago to look after his ageing father. He's widely believed to the the best trainer in the world, better even than Ethan of Johto, and Professor Hazel believes he can help her with these strange Delta Pokemon.

This means Professor Hazel can't perform the usual role of Pokemon Professor – giving the starter eggs. Instead, her apprentice, Willow, will be performing the role. You are a young trainer in Chartreuse Town, and today you will be going to the lab in Chartreuse Town to receive your starter egg from Willow, and your Pokedex.

From here on, the story is yours. Will you solve the mystery of the Delta Pokemon? Will you become the new Champion, or an expert Breeder, or Top Ranger? It's all down to you!

Map >

Code:
    [B]Name:[/B]
    [B]Age:[/B] (15-18)
    [B]Gender:[/B]
    [B]Appearance:[/B]
    [B]Personality:[/B]
    [B]Brief History:[/B] (Nothing too melodramatic, please)
    [B]Egg Choice:[/B] (see below)

Egg Options >

Unlike many RPGs, in this you do not get to pick your starter Pokemon directly. I thought I'd give it a bit more variety by mixing it up a bit. Instead, you get to pick one of four eggs – the Rustred Egg, the Stormblue Egg, the Jadegreen Egg, and the Amberlight Egg. Each of these eggs can hatch into one of several Pokemon – but you won't know which one. You'll have to use your intuition. Do not worry if someone else has the same Egg you want - each Egg can hatch into a variety of different Pokemon, so different players can start with the same egg. To help you, here is a description of each of the eggs:

The Rustred Egg is a deep reddish-brown. There are large speckled patches that are darker than the rest. It feels very warm to the touch, and rather smooth. There's an air of unpredictability to it.

The Stormblue Egg is the colour of the sea during a storm, a dark blue-green. There are very tiny little white specks upon it. It's surprisingly cold, but smooth. It has a very calm ambience.

The Jadegreen Egg is a luscious green, with many different greens shades jumbled all together in a patchwork appearance. It's neither cold nor warm, but has a rough feel to it. It exudes a vibrant, joyful air.

The Amberlight Egg seems to be a creamy-yellow, but it almost appears to be shining very slightly with internal light. It feels almost scratchy, and is rather warm. It puts you in mind of a great store of potential, waiting to be tapped.

Gameplay >

I won't be limited to a single character in this RPG, rather, I'm the Game Master. I control all NPCs, be they minor or major. For example, the Pokemon researcher Willow is one of the characters I control.

I'll also set up areas which you can explore. In that post, I'll specify which Pokemon you can encounter there, and how rare they are. I'll also tell you what events there are to do in your area, and give you long-term goals and missions with prizes for completion.

To catch a Pokemon, RP the post as best as you can up until you throw the Pokeball. I'll decide whether you catch the Pokemon or not based on how well written your post was. The rarer the Pokemon, the better the RP post will have to be.

If you want to battle an NPC, it works the same way! Better written posts will reward you with level-ups for your Pokemon. Remember, your Pokemon do have levels. Challenging someone more than about 6 levels above will be considered god-modding.

Battling another RPGer works slightly differently. The challenger writes one post, and the person challenged then writes a responding post. I'll then look at both posts, and the best written-one wins! The winner then gets to write a final post describing how they win the battle.

Rating >

Spoiler:

Rules >

Spoiler:

Players and Their Teams >

Val Tipper
    Spoiler:

Ethan Neuburn
    Spoiler:

Jack Nebulon
    Spoiler:

Loretta "Lolly" Carma
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Varin

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Right, 48 hours has passed so I do believe I can double-post! This RP is now completely open and ready for sign-ups. I'm going to start with 6 slots available, but may increase this number as the story goes. I've also updated with pictures of the 4 Starter Eggs, and added a map of the region.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • Can I reserve the Stormblue egg? I'll be working an SU right now, just wanna make sure I get the blue egg xD

Name
    : Val Tippers

Appearance
    : Valerie's hair is of the simplest, purest shade of brown. Its straight, silky style drapes a little past her shoulders. Her skin is fair and a few light freckles dot her nose and the areas under her eyes, but only a few. Eyes of the softest brown- one may even consider them tan- sit neatly under her thin eyebrows and are enclosed by delicate eyelashes that are artificially long and dark. Her nose is small and rounded, adding a bit of youth to her pretty face.

Val stands at a slightly above-average height, 5'8". She's very fit with a thin waist from which her athletic chicken-legs hang and from which her dainty torso sprouts. Her skinny body has curves in the right places, but the curves aren't that prominent- she's no Kardashian anyway.

When the temp is even moderately warm she'll stick to her preferred outfit of short jean shorts and a tank top or two, along with her many wristbands and bracelets and white sneakers. Sometimes she'll sport a baseball cap, turned cooly to the side. Colder weather forces sweatpants and a sweatshirt on her.

Personality: Val is the most mature of her friends (which isn't saying much) due to her natural intelligence. As such, she has developed into a fairly responsible teenager who obsesses over organization. Val is outgoing but is no stranger to manners and is generally liked by kids and adults alike. Still, she is only 16 and likes to have fun and party, and easily coerces others into doing so, attributing to her social influence and forte at pressuring others and getting what she wants. She's sort of tomboy wherein she doesn't care much for fashion or drama but would rather go play soccer in the mud. Val's a fairly high energy girl and is incredibly competitive but is the most stubborn person alive.

History: Hailing from Vermillion City in Kanto, Val grew up in an ordinary upper-middle class family with her parents and older brother, Austin. She was a pleasant little girl, never very shy but always headstrong. She was so competitive that she had to join boys' sports teams. To her parents' surprise, Val was supported and glorified for this, rather than recieving criticisms. By the dawning of her teen years she was a very popular girl in school, especially with the boys but not especially with the snobby prep girls. Her close friends were stupid as can be and so Val became like their mother, always having to plan for and take care of everyone else. She was elated at being able to travel to a foreign region and partake in a battling league- she'd only casually battled with the family Sandshrew a few times.

Egg: Stormblue

Last edited:

Varin

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Each egg can hatch into a variety of different Pokemon, so anyone can pick any egg. Doen't matter if everyone picks the exact same Egg, you should all get different Pokemon (well. There's a random choice of 5 in each egg, so technically up to 5 people can choose the same egg, but that shouldn't be a problem).

So yeah, Stormblue Egg is perfectly fine.

Varin

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Both reservations noted, thank you! =)

Just going to remind anyone reading that it doesn't matter if someone else has already picked the same egg that you want, you can choose it too. There's an infinite number of each egg.

Varin

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Okay, Cooker, you've been accepted! Once I've got more person, we'll have enough to get the story started. New people can join whenever.

Varin

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Reservation noted. =) Jadegreen it is.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Name: Ethan Neubern

Appearance: Ethan's physique is average, standing at 5'11, with some muscle protruding from his shoulders and biceps. His short jet-black hair is cut in an edgy fashion, but not quite spiky. His skin pigmentation is somewhere between pale and fair. His sky blue eyes are often concealed by cheap yet stylish black sunglasses, since bright lights tend to irritate his vision.

Ethan generally wears a plain gray t-shirt with a leather jacket on top. His jeans are primarily navy blue and black. If the temperature is unnaturally hot, he'll ditch the leather jacket, leaving only his t-shirt and jeans. He is almost never seen without a studded black leather belt sitting at his waist.

Personality: Ethan is a silent yet ambitious individual. He is also rather intelligent, but this is not obvious to most people due to his reserved nature. He has the ability to say quite a lot using only a few words. His deep tone of voice is rich with temperament, as if he is always lost in thought while speaking. He can occasionally be sociable, but he often limits himself when speaking. He sees Pokemon training and battling as a way of life rather than a sport, much like how he views music. As a result, he can be headstrong and competitive when appropriate.

Brief History: Born and raised in sacred Ecruteak City, Ethan always had an affinity for Pokemon. He grew up in a family of seven, composed of himself, his parents, and four siblings, three older brothers and one younger sister.

Ethan was the outcast in his family. While his siblings enjoyed Pokemon Contests and breeding, he himself preferred battling and training. His parents disapproved of his beliefs, but they later began to tolerate them as Ethan grew older.

By the time Ethan was in his mid-teens, his parents were finally convinced to allow him to travel and battle competitively. Although his siblings were furious, Ethan simply ignored their condescending remarks. Shortly thereafter, he caught wind of a region out to the west, known as Shussei. Ethan became intrigued by the location, and therefore embarked on a journey to explore it. His ambitions were beginning to be realized, and he left home abruptly, but his parents nevertheless gave him their blessing.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • This seems pretty interesting, i'll join.

Name: Jack Nebulon

Appearance: neck-long almost-black brown hair with brown eyes and white skin. Eyes are almond shaped. His usual clothes consist of a whit, loose jeans, a blue jeans jacket with a light-blue t-shirt under it and silver shoes.

Personality: Jack is a kind and understanding person, he loves to give and get alike. But he has a big temper and is very impatient. He's also very defensive about his family and friends.

History: Jack had a pretty normal life, although he was attacked by a Delta Pokemon once when he was 10 years old, the rest is pretty ordinary. Although his mother forebade him to get a Pokemon Egg until he was a year ahead of the normal age. His father apparently left the family when he was born, for another woman probably. Jack is the youngest in his family, his eldest sister having already moved out with her boyfriend. His brother will be moving out next year, meanwhile Jack has decided to take a Pokemon career.

Egg choice: Hmmmm, unpredictabillity? Rustred if you please.

There. I tried not to make the history to melodramatic like you said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, Varin isn't coming back so I am now in charge of this roleplay.
    I will make a list of members and their current Pokemon, wich will change every time you catch or get a new pokemon.
    Also, all rules and everything will stay as Varin put them. Except there is now a time limit. Anyone who does not post within a week is given a warning, if they do not post for another week they are booted out. If anyone intends to be away for awile for whatever reason, just alert me.
    NEW RULE! Players may catch a legendary throughout the course of their adventures, but only ONE LEGENDARY PER PLAYER.

3 SPOTS OPEN
    So.

Jane Courtney Susset
    Spoiler:

Jack Nebulon
    Spoiler:

Callie Wright

Spoiler:

Tommy Sanders

Spoiler:

Audrey Sun

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Varin

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Ethan and Jack both accepted! Okay, we're good to go. Val, Ethan and Jack will have their first objective shortly. I've also updated the OP with a more detailed map. Anyone thinking of joining, feel free to use any of those locations (except Ivory Palace) as the hometown of their character - especially Chartreuse Town.

Chapter One >

Story >

@Val, Ethan, Loretta and Jack:

Darkness. Then, a sudden feeling of dread, clawing in the pit of your stomach. A feeling of immense solitude and hatred and desire - but desire for what? Within the darkness, something stirred. Desperate to escape, you find yourself incapable of doing anything but stepping towards the creature in the darkness. Suddenly, there's a flood of light, with the slightest tinge of pink. Rose, perhaps. The sweet scent of some herb - rosemary or thyme.

The light reveals a figure, shaped entirely of shadows and darkness. The light seems to flicker and fuzz and boil as it touches the figure. On the figure's face is a mask. It's white, simple, the curvatures of the face hinted at rather than fully expressed. Blank, emotionless, sterile. It seems to be staring at you. It's strangely terrifying.

Suddenly, it lunges!

You wake up, panting.

Objective >

@Val, Ethan, Loretta, and Jack:

Please RP the following direction as best as possible: After experiencing a terrible dream, you notice a flickering pink sphere of light outside your room from the window, heading in the direction of Professor Hazel's lab. You follow it through the night-time Chartreuse town to the lab. Feel free to describe any buildings or so in Chartreuse Town, which is simply a small, quiet seaside town, but there's no Gym, Pokecenter, or Pokemart. Stop when you reach the lab.

Last edited:

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
  • Name: Loretta "Lolly" Carma

Appearance: Lolly has long, braided, golden brown hair and chocolate colored eyes. She also has peach colored skin. She stands at about five foot seven inches, an extra inch or two added thanks to her boots. She will normally wear a light blue tie-dyed tank top with a dark blue denim jacket, and a pink denim, ruffled skirt. She also carries regular denim shorts and jeans in her bag, wearing whatever fits the days activities better. Generally, she will wear pink, knee length boots, but also has a pair of white sneakers if needed. For cold occasions, Lolly does have a long sleeved, plain, pink shirt, a purple hoodie, her jeans, and white snow boots.

Personality: Lolly is generally a happy person. She's hyper and the smallest of things can interest her. She loves to be in the company of others, but sometimes her positive personality can rub people the wrong way. Even though she doesn't look it, she is rather smart, often blurting out random facts. Despite how smart she can be, she isn't the best judge of character, always believing that everyone is decent, even if they don't see it. This tends to get her in trouble from time to time, and people with often take advantage of how kind she is.

Lolly can be described as a random person. Added to saying random facts, do things that are considered random. She has a tendency to walk on her hands, as a way to look at the world differently, as she says. She loves to dance, and carries an mp3 player in her bag as a tool for having music to dance to.

She is very sympathetic, especially to Pokemon. She hates seeing others sad or in pain, and even if she doesn't know the person or Pokemon, she will do her best to cheer them up. She is also very intuitive.

Brief History: Lolly grew up traveling with her older brother, Jacob. Her brother was a Pokemon Ranger, and often brought her along on missions, leaving her in nearby towns when the mission at hand was too dangerous for her itself. Her mother is once of the nurses in the Jhoto region, and her father works with the Professor of the Jhoto region. Her brother found she was very helpful on some missions, due to her kind nature, and was good at calming Pokemon down, and getting them to listen. Her brother left her in the care of their aunt, who lived in Chartreuse Town, while he went on a long mission. Ever since then, Lolly has made it her goal to be a Pokemon Ranger like her big brother.

Egg Choice: Amberlight Egg

(Is this okay?)

Varin

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Accepted, Fearless Love.

Ult.Strike, is there any chance you can hone your RP skills a bit? If I deny someone, I tend not to re-accept immediately unless it was for a very trivial reason - it's just to stop people re-applying multiple times. Perhaps if you come back a bit later on in the story? I'm very sorry, I hope you understand.

Everyone accepted, please check your story and objective. I know the objective is quite tightly scripted at the moment - do not fear, it will get looser, and you'll be able to explore solo a lot more. This is just a plot point that needs handling. Here we go!

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • "Ok, that was weird!" said Jack when he woke up. He was dazed... He realized he was still wearing his clothes, oh yeah, he'd celebrated his 16th yesterday. His whole room was still covered in confetti. Then he realized he needed to be at Professor Hazel's place. He opened his window to see a strange light heading towards Hazel's place... "What's that?" he asked himself, nobody was up yet though, it was really early and his parents were still asleep while his annoying little sister had gone to celebrate somebody else's birthday and was still sleeping over there. "I should get dressed and check it out!" two second later he realized he was already dressed. "Oh" he said and headed out, following the light. He lived pretty close to Hazel's Lab so it was easy to see where the light was going. The light didn't really seem like sunlight, it had an otherworldly glow (atleast that was Jack's Metaphor for it) Jack's hometown was small, so there wasn't much to see while following the light, some new houses were built next to old Victorian-style ones, the place had recently been renewed.
    Finally the light reached Hazel's place and went inside, Jack followed....

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • Thumpthumpthump.

Instantly the wooden ceiling flashed into view, and Val thrust up into a sitting position, curling her long legs up so she could wrap her arms around her knees. A sharp pain- no, a viciously tight knot?- enveloped her stomach; beads of nervous sweat coated her forehead; she was almost choking on her heart, which was rapidly pulsating into her throat. Snippets of the dream flickered in her mind, but she couldn't recall it entirely- a flash of light, the figure composed of obscure gloom, that mask... It was a horrid dream of intensity and despair, something not quite derived from the natural world.

Her soft eyes darted around the hotel room. It was small, but cozy and clean at least, and structued with wooden panels everywhere exepct for the carpeted floor, leaving a relaxing pine scent...

But wait, now that she thought about it, Val no longer smelled pine. A fresh, rosey fragrance wafted through the room. And upon further observation, the entire room was being bathed in a pale pink light, deriving from the slit in window. How had she been so oblivious?

Slipping out of the plain white covers Val slowly crept towards the double framed window, which was slightly concealed by thin blinds. Pulling them up with no regard for the fact that she was now standing in front of an uncovered window in her tanktop and thong, the teenaged girl's eyes doubled in size. Now unabated, the pink light streamed into the room full force, making the walls blush. Outside was the most bizarre thing that Val had witnessed. A sphere of pink light levitated 2 stories off the ground, its boundaries undefined but clearly distinguished at the same time, like a still frame of a flash. The orb floated downward a few feet, quickly coming back up before floating down again, beckoning Val. Something in her gut responded, and in a few minutes she was outside in a pair of shorts. The nightime wind was chillier than she had expected, but the light had indeed waited for her. It began to lead.

They were waltzing through the sleeping town known as Chartreuse which Val had arrived in not 6 hours earlier. Despite her curiosity to glance around the foreign town, Val's eyes remained locked on the light, whose determination and unwavering guidance captiavted her. It eventually turned off of the road onto a public path, and for the first time the girl wondered of its motives.

"Where are you going?" she uselessly called out as it floated down the little path towards a quaint building. But it didn't stop, and, not wanting to lose sight of this phenomenon, Val continued to pursue it, jogging to catch up. It stopped by the front door of the building, and so did Val.

A minute passed, and she became slightly irritated and anxious, and let her eyes drift away from the orb to writing on the wall next to the door.

"This is the Pokemon Lab?!"

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Ethan awoke with a jolt. His hotel room was completely dark, except for the modest light outside his window. The streetlights were a pale orange, signifying that their bulbs were in need of changing. The night sky was cloudy, but the moon was still visible.

Ethan sat up, attempting to recollect his surroundings. What the hell was that… he thought to himself.

He had experienced a particularly disturbing dream a few minutes prior. Deep within his soul, a dark, sinister feeling had arisen – but this feeling was unclear. After all, dreams almost always bend and break emotions, in the worst possible way. There was also a creature involved, entirely composed of darkness, it seemed. As shafts of light poured into the dark space, the creature's physical appearance was still unidentifiable. Just as Ethan began analyzing it, the shadowy being lunged at him, and Ethan knew no more.

The teenage Trainer stood up slowly, stretching his fatigued muscles. He had arrived the day before, on a cruise ship. Chartreuse Town was the name of the destination, and Ethan had booked a cheap hotel room in advance.

Ethan then glimpsed a pulse of light outside his window. As his head turned, his eyes met only the night sky outside. A few seconds later, the light flickered once more. This light was pink in color, and had a spherical shape. It didn't appear to have a nearby source, leading Ethan to think he was delirious.

He blinked a few times, attempting to dispel the vision. The sphere was still there after Ethan opened his eyes, and it appeared to be flickering in a certain pattern, as if it wanted to lead him somewhere.

After a few moments of thought and careful consideration, Ethan quietly exited his room through the front door, and promptly made his way outside. It didn't seem to bother his eyesight to look at it. The pink orb-shaped light was fully visible now, and as Ethan approached it, the light seemed to move away from him, in an odd direction. It was now apparent that this light was a guide of some sort.

As Ethan followed the pink glowing orb through Chartreuse's main thoroughfare, he casually observed the darkened buildings on either side of him. There were not very many of them, and they were not very tall. The town itself was rather tiny, as if it was only meant to be a leisure place. Even a Pokémon Center, considered a staple of most towns and cities, was nowhere to be found.

The pink orb stopped abruptly at a long, low building, built out of bricks. At first, Ethan perceived it as an office building. However, the orb was hovering over a sign nearby, which would've been impossible to read in this darkness had the orb not been there in the first place.

Ethan inspected the sign closely. "Professor Hazel's Pokémon Lab", it read.

As Ethan finished reading the sign, he spied the orb making wild circles above his head. It seemed that this was the place it was trying to lead Ethan to. The young Trainer sighed, wondering if anyone was there. He contemplated knocking, but it was unlikely that anyone would answer.

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
  • Lolly jumped up from her bed, squealing. Nightmares didn't work well for her, not that she had them often. She looked around her room, and it was lit up light a Christmas tree. That was how she was. She didn't like the dark, and thus she kept her room as bright as possible. Her aunt had put dark curtains around her window, so the light would not disturb the other people of the town.

She pulled her braid over her shoulder, twiddling it through her fingers. She often did this when she was scared, and this was indeed one of those times. She felt a knot in her stomach and put her hand there on instinct. She always looked too much into things, dreams included. She bit down on her lip and glanced around her room. Suddenly, her light went out, causing her to jump. She rarely ever turned the light out, so it was no surprise that it would die out, but it had to be now, of all times?

She had her eyes closed, expecting total darkness to ensue, but there was a light to her left that caught her attention. She opened her eyes slightly, glancing at the place in which she had seen the light. It was behind her curtain. She lifted it a little, just enough to see past it, and nearly squealed once again. There was a bright, pink light shinning just outside her window. It seemed to be beckoning for her to follow.

She quickly scrambled to her feet, reaching for her backpack. She had packed multiple things in it, for the start of her travels, and she had a feeling she would need it now. She looked down at herself, realizing she was still in her pajamas. She thought about changing, but she wasn't sure how long the light would wait, so she tossed her clothes into her bag, which barely fit, and tossed it over her shoulder. She could change later. She hopped onto her bed, pulled back with curtains and lifting open the window. The light began to move, so she crawled out. Her aunt would still be sleeping at this time, so she didn't need to worry as of yet.

Lolly followed closely to the light, not wanting to lose it. She kept her attention on it, afraid if she looked away for a second, she would not be able to bring her attention back to it. She felt slightly odd walking around as she was, in her pink, fluffy pajamas. She was sure anyone would find this quite odd, but due to the time of night, she was also sure not many would be out and about.

She shifted a bit uncomfortably, trying her best to keep up with the light. Sighing, she slipped her feet out of her slippers, walking barefoot would be much more sufficient. She was able to keep up much better than before, but still had to do a bit of running. She was beyond glad when the orb stopped, and she did the same. She bent over, her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. She glanced up, trying to figure out where she was.

She blinked a couple of times, trying to be certain of where she was. It was Professor Hazel's lab. She had passed by it a few times, when her and her aunt would do some strolling around the town. She had never been inside, or met Professor Hazel for that matter. She hadn't been in the town too awful long, maybe two weeks at max. She hadn't gotten word from her brother, which also worried her.

She shook her head, and glanced at the orb curiously. Why would it bring her here of all places? Was it time for her to start her journey?

Varin

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Story >

@Jack:

Jack followed the glowing orb into the lab. As he did so, the light suddenly flickered out, the orb disappearing. The lab was still dimly lit, however - certainly enough for Jack to see what was going on. For, in front of him, was a man, dressed in black with a large red R emblazoned on his front, flinging papers and books aside, searching for something.

Then man stopped, stood stock still for a few moments, aware something was different, then turned. On his face was the pale white mask from Jack's dreams.

Jack unwittingly yelped in shock, stumbling backwards, before tripping over a knocked-over filing cabinet.

«Who are you, child? What are you doing here?»

Jack realised he hadn't heard those words - they had never been spoken. Instead, they corkscrewed straight into his mind, bypassing his ears and appearing directly in his brain.

«Never mind. I'll just have to teach you a lesson you shan't forget! Go, Zubat!»

The figure pulled a Pokeball from his belt, and throw it to the ground, releasing a Zubat in a brilliant flash of light. The Zubat shrieked, fluttered its wings, each fang a sharpened, glistening point.

«Zubat, use Leech Life!» the strange voice ordered.

The Zubat dived at Jack, fangs outstretched. Just as it was about to sink its sharpened incisors deep into his flesh, it was slammed sideways as a huge book flew out of nowhere.

"Haha, gotcha!" exclaimed a male voice. Jack looked up to see a kid of around 17 standing in one of the entrances to the room they were in. He was of average height, short brown hair, brown eyes, lightly tanned skins scattered with freckles, and dressed an a pink t-shirt with a white jacket over the top, and white trousers.

«Another? What is this! You try my patience... Seems like I'll have to go all out! Go, Ekans, Murkrow, Grimer! Take them out.» The figure tossed three more Pokeballs in quick succession. Bursting from them came the coils of a purple snake with dispassionate yellow eyes, a flurry of feathers then a midnight black crow with menacing beak and claws, and an oozing, toxic pile of sludge that reared up to a create a coherent, battle-ready thing.

"You, quick, catch!" the boy said, running towards a shelf behind Jack, and taking a Pokemon Egg from a capsule that was lying there. It was a deep red in colour, with what looked like scorch marks on it. He tossed it to Jack, who barely had time to lift his arms up and catch it.

As he caught it, the Egg suddenly shone with a deep red light, and began to shimmer and lose its shape and definition. Within moments, the Egg was nothing but a bright red light that suddenly began to metamorphose, changing shape. The light then cooled, to reveal what Jack was now holding in his arms - a Cubone.

At the same time, the boy had picked up an egg with a deep yellow colour that seemed to be glowing slightly already. His too suddenly burst out into radiance, but a blinding yellow light that dissipated into whisps. The light suddenly span round incredibly first, whirling and whirring, then flew apart, revealing a Pikachu.

"You ready? Let's take them!"

Objective >

@Val, Ethan, and Loretta:

Please RP the following direction as best as possible: The orb of light disappears. You hear a sudden shattering sound within the lab, then a boy shouting. You rush in through your respective entrance, and all find your way to the room where the noise originated from. There, you see Jack and another boy about to fight a masked man wearing Team Rocket uniform, as well as each other. The boy will tell you each to pick an egg. Val, you pick the Stormblue Egg, which will hatch immediately into a Mudkip. Ethan, you pick the Jadegreen Egg, which will hatch immediately into a Cacnea. Lolly, you pick the Amberlight Egg, which will hatch immediately a Meowth. OoC: I hope you like your starters!

@Lolly only: Your character has been around Chartreuse long enough to know the boy is named Lyall. You've met him once or twice, but don't really know him particularly well.

@All:

All of you will then work together to defeat the Zubat, Ekans, Grimer, and Murkrow. I don't mind how you do this, but the better you all work together the better the reward. For example, if each if you faints one of the masked man's Pokemon in your post that will look good. You can use the boy character and his Pikachu, as well as (briefly) bunnying each other for the purposes of the fight - using other people's characters well will be rewarded. Stop when his last Pokemon is taken out.

Here are your Pokemon:

Code:
    Jack's Cubone
    Level 5
    Moves: Growl, Tail Whip, Double Kick

Code:
    Val's Mudkip
    Level 5
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Bite

Code:
    Ethan's Cacnea
    Level 5