• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Methods

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
  • Hi, PC!

I am going to ask a simple question. What is your favorite method of getting shiny Pokemon? My fav is the PokeRadar Method.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • HaHa lol um not really good at using the pokeradar method so i usually just trade my pokes because that is the easiest way, and i have a lot of good pokes so it is easy to trade for a good shiny pokemon

vPHOTONv

Breeder/EV Trainer
    Years
  • EV training for countless hours, normally gets me about 3 or 4 in whatever I am training. If not an action replay when available, or trading.

Never really cared for shiny Pokemon though, normally they go up for trade so I can get something worth keeping.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • EV training for countless hours, normally gets me about 3 or 4 in whatever I am training. If not an action replay when available, or trading.

Never really cared for shiny Pokemon though, normally they go up for trade so I can get something worth keeping.

I do ev training to sometimes but i think think that it is a lot easier and faster and a lot more efficent to trade , but then again i do always like having the pride of looking at a pokemon and having joy knowing that i raised it and not someone else. And with the AR i dont use that becausee i like all my pokes perfectly ligit i dont even like cloning so i never will use the Ar device

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I just run around in grassy areas. I've found that to be a strangely effective way of running into them, as they seem to pop up when I'm not even looking for them. I've never found a shiny with the Poke Radar but I've encountered at least five just walking around.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I use the Masuda method, which is breeding a pokemon with another region with one from your region. The main reason I use it because I can raise my pokemon from Level 1, which makes them more powerful.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I gave up on the Masuda method after about two boxes full of Eevee (and a lot of wasted time). After I learned to RNG in Diamond though, I was able to hatch a shiny in about 15 minutes. So, needless to say, RNG is by far my favorite method since it's the only one I've been successful with.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I abuse the RNG to breed shinnies. However, I don't use it as much anymore because it is a lot easier in BW.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • I just run around in grassy areas. I've found that to be a strangely effective way of running into them, as they seem to pop up when I'm not even looking for them. I've never found a shiny with the Poke Radar but I've encountered at least five just walking around.
    Thats strange because i walk around in grass all the time and i have only found 1 shiny pokemon in the grass ever and that was a bidoof lol so ya like i said in one of my other posts my main way of getting pokemon is through trading

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Other than asking people for Shiny Pokemon or even using an Action Reply, I don't really have a favorite method of finding Shiny Pokemon. I remember using the Pokeradar to get a Gligar and on my 2nd chain, I ran into a shiny female Gligar and I was happy.

:t354:TG

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Either trades (when my wifi was working), dumb luck (like with my few shinies in 4th gen games) or chaining which I did a heck of a lot of back in Diamond and Platinum. Never bothered with the soft reset methods as I find the chaining method to be manageable for myself, but I tend to be the happiest with the pure luck encounters when they occur. =p

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • This thread is God. Just during the time I was looking at this thread I found a shiny sandslash... the bad thing - It was on safari zone. The good thing? Safari zone didn't fail me this time! I caught it!!! :D

GhostOfPhazon

Hacker Wannabe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Well, my favorite method is just playing the game and happening across them because it's so unlikely you'll find them that way that it's really cool surprise when it happens. But of course, that's not really a method for getting shiny Pokemon since you aren't really actively looking for them (even if that is how I got most of my shiny Pokemon). I tried the Pokeradar but I really can't say I care for it (and ultimately, it never got me any shiny Pokemon). But really, I don't actively hunt for shinies much- I am really interested in trying the Masuda Method though, so I guess I'd have to say that.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Pokeradar for sure. I have sooooo many shinys from the Pokeradar! (its so easy compared to the other methods...)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I used to chain until I learned how to abuse the RNG for shinies. I've never been successful with the Masuda method.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • People trading them to me. :[ I have bad shiny luck. I suck at PokeRadar, don't know how to RNG, and Masuda doesn't give me any luck, even in gen V.

Back