• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journey Through the Dark [OOC/SU Thread]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • Okay, I posted the first post :3 You all may post now.
    Sorry if it sounded rushed, it kinda was :|

Also, the backpack may be whatever color you want, but it'll be the style of bag you get in DPP/HGSS. It will correspond to gender, unless you really want the back of the opposite gender :3 The little Pokeball on the Pokedex (Unova-styled) may also be whatever color that you want.
    I totally forgot what was in the backpack, but I'll have that up later. I know that there's Potions, Antidotes, Paralyze Heals, and Pokeballs. Oh, you also start out with 3000yen/Pokedollars/whatever you want to call it.

I'll post the Route data tommorow.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I want to join, please! :0 I'd like to reserve Treeko, but I'll be working on the info as we speak

Name: Haru Farsong
    (no nickname)

Personality: As the strong, silent type, Haru doesn't like to talk much. He'd rather answer with appropriate actions, but sometimes he has to talk to explain how he sees said action as appropriate. A calm, serene look is almost always on his face, but it's more of a facade. On the inside, beneath the appearance of controlled emotions, Haru is a stoic that tries harder than anyone could really see to keep his personal struggles his own business. What he really needs is someone willing to understand him, but in today's age that's been hard to find. Having witnessed first-hand what happens to some that reach out for people, he's more than likely to default to himself and deal with it his own way. Those who get too close without warning or touch a sensitive nerve will probably be asking for it.
    On the other hand, Haru also has a kinder side in between that layer of despair and anger that contradicts how his stoic side feels about things. Even though he himself doesn't want to ask for help, he's the type that's more than willing to give it. Almost always willing to help, he's more than willing to give aid to those in need. This can even be to the point of his own demise, but Haru's more interested in the safety of others than his own. This very well can prove to be hazardous, but he always manages to get out of trouble in one piece. People closest to him would have the fullest of his loyalty.

Appearance: Haru has a typical male-teenager build. He's not rippling with muscle, but he does have a natural muscle tone. About 5'8", he's at the average height, too. His other features aren't exactly average to make up for it. His hair is black and comes out in spikes (imagine Gary's hair a little more longer and wilder, and you have the general idea). His eyes are a silver-like color, and a large scar covers his entire left shoulder and shoulder-blade. (he's also slightly tanned; didn't know where to put that info XD)
    As for clothes, he wears a green headband that elevates the front spikes of his hair. It's so large that it has to be folded in-ward with both edges touching for it to fit, and it covers all but a small border of skin just over the eyebrows(the tails of it reach down to the shoulder-blade easily). The rest of his attire is a black blazer with a green undershirt, simple bluejeans and pokeball holster, and black-and-white sneakers.

History: Before joining, Haru was more of a recluse that didn't want to deal with people. Growing up for him was filled with several moments of pain and misery, and had made him uninterested with the outside world. However, he was sometimes forced to leave his home to run errands or tend to pokemon at the daycare for money. His only family was a grandmother that lived perfectly level with her needs alone.
    About a year ago, though, he had met a nice young girl by the name of Cerise who was on her pokemon journey to search for her missing brother. She had decided to stay in the area for a while to search, and the two became close friends within a month. Haru taught her breeding techniques that he learned from his job at the daycare, and she rekindled his faith in the outside world. To him it was an equal trade, and for a while he felt happier than he could ever remember. He began gathering his own intel for Cerise, joining her cause to find her brother. Reconnecting with the outside world was tough, but his best friend's smile was enough to keep him going (future best friend/lover plot element? Maybe.)
    Half a year passed, and the two finally found some information. It appeared that the last location Cerise's brother was found was in Pastoria City. Almost immediately the two traveled from Eterna City. Once in Pastoria, Haru lost everything. Grunts from Team Crescenta ambushed the two and demanded money. As a natural instinct, Haru advanced to shield Cerise from the thieves, but he got hit from behind. A Flamethrower hit Haru's back and knocked him to the ground helplessly. Dazed from the searing pain, he turned his head slightly to see the fading image of Cerise holding her Chimchar with a look of content as the grunts looted from him.
    Haru hardly remembered much after, but a small glimpse of memory revealed that Flint had found him limping on the way back to Eterna with most of his items gone from his backpack. He was lucky to be alive, but most of his time in recovery was spent alone at his own wish. He wanted to find Cerise again, but he needed time to heal and recompose to the best of his abilities.

Starter Pokemon: Treeko
    Nickname: Woogeck

Nature: Mild
    Misc.: He likes to dangle while holding onto the headband's tails.

Role-Play Sample: can this part be put aside? I'm hungry right now... :0 (I guess not)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    Can I reserve Treecko? My SU will be up in a bit. ^^

Nakuzami

Years
  • Okay, since both of you want Treecko, I'll wait for both your SUs to be finished and then I'll decide who gets Treecko -.^
    For now, you are both Reserved :3

Also, it seems that everyone is taking the east route. Hmm... well, just to let you know, not everything will be the same on the routes that we already know and love ;3
    Also, since TFW hasn't posted and I hez forgotten my notebook again(I promise to remember it next time) I'll post the Route data tommorow. That also gives the two fighting over Treecko time to get their SUs in ^.-

Nam

Years
  • Blackout

May I please reserve Tepig? It's 12AM and I wanna sleep. ><
    Also, I haven't Role-Played in ages... so I might be a bit rusty, specially cause non of my RPs were this sophisticated, the ones in this forum actually have good GMs! :P
    BTW, you said we will choose the route we want to take from time to time, how does that work? You made a map but the routes aren't labeled and we don't know how they look. Do we just make up details like flowers here and there, random NPC. Perhaps random trainers?

And what about leveling and catching? Do we ask in this thread if we can catch a certain pokemon or if our pokemon can level and if accepted we make it happen?

Please and thank you.. ~Nam

EDIT: What about the levels, are they imaginary or are we gonna be like "Yo what level is you pokemon!?"

nvm.. I just noticed there are no more spots... ><

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • May I please reserve Tepig? It's 12AM and I wanna sleep. ><
    Also, I haven't Role-Played in ages... so I might be a bit rusty, specially cause non of my RPs were this sophisticated, the ones in this forum actually have good GMs! :P
    1) BTW, you said we will choose the route we want to take from time to time, how does that work? You made a map but the routes aren't labeled and we don't know how they look. Do we just make up details like flowers here and there, random NPC. Perhaps random trainers?

2) And what about leveling and catching? Do we ask in this thread if we can catch a certain pokemon or if our pokemon can level and if accepted we make it happen?

Please and thank you.. ~Nam

3) EDIT: What about the levels, are they imaginary or are we gonna be like "Yo what level is you pokemon!?"

4) nvm.. I just noticed there are no more spots... ><

1) I'll tell you the Route names when they come up. I might give you some detail about them, but the rest is up to you to make up. Same with the new towns.

2) You'll throw the Pokeball at the Pokemon you want to catch, and end your post there. I'll decide if you catch it and all of its other minor details. I'll also notify you when your Pokemon is ready to level/evolve.

3) Uh, they're kinda imaginary. If you consult the Pokedex it might tell you their "Power Level" but that's about it. It will also only tell you another trainer's Pokemon's level or your own Pokemon's level.

4) It's okay. If you'd like I can notify you when another spot opens up :3

Also, @Scarf Blade: You are accepted.
    Ima post the Route data now -.^

Nam

Years
  • Alright, that'd be awesome. :P
    I was checking out all the recent threads and there are no RPs for me.. T_T

I guess I'll take this chance to study how you guys RP so I can be at the same level.. xP Well, kinda, cause I'm trying to get into the habit of reading but I never finish my books, and so I lack vocabulary...

Anyway, just give me a VM, I'll be looking at this thread various times anyway though.

Edit: Hey I noticed a mistake in the Routes post. I just thought I should let you know.

Route 231

Route 231 is a fairly short route that connects Sandgem Town and Beach Rose Town. On average it takes about four hours to get between these cities on foot.

All you need to do on this route is simply catch some Pokemon, battle some trainers, and, of course, make it to the other side.

Wild Pokemon that appear on Route 202:

Also, Route 231 is one of those places you added to the map, right? Cause I don't see Beach Rose Town... Also, I found this on google, I think it'll be quite useful.

https://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/707323/images/pokemap_large.jpg

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Alright, that'd be awesome. :P
    I was checking out all the recent threads and there are no RPs for me.. T_T

I guess I'll take this chance to study how you guys RP so I can be at the same level.. xP Well, kinda, cause I'm trying to get into the habit of reading but I never finish my books, and so I lack vocabulary...

Anyway, just give me a VM, I'll be looking at this thread various times anyway though.

Edit: Hey I noticed a mistake in the Routes post. I just thought I should let you know.

Also, Route 231 is one of those places you added to the map, right? Cause I don't see Beach Rose Town... Also, I found this on google, I think it'll be quite useful.

https://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/707323/images/pokemap_large.jpg

Ah, thanks for pointing out the mistake :)
    Yes, Route 231 is one of the ones that I added. Beach Rose Town only exists in the anime.
    Also I don't need the map. The one that I'm using is complete and even has wild Pokemon data. Plus I already named all of the routes and added wild Pokemon of my own.

Nam

Years
  • Blackout

YAY! :D I just hope you don't get bored.. >< Here goes...

EDIT: Honestly I feel I'm pretty bad at describing pokemon fights... Any tips?

EDIT2: Hey, what about the pokemart? You haven't written down the price for items and what items are found in the pokemart. For example: Right now everyone is in Sandgem town. If my memory serves right (too lazy to check my game...), the sandgem pokemart sells potions, pokeballs, healballs, maybe even netballs, antidotes, etc. Also, professor Rowan didn't provide 5 pokeballs.

Name: Nam Vivaldi Wagner
    Nickname: Nami (by little brother)

Personality​

Nam is an open-minded introvert (although, wishes he were a bit more extroverted), who sometimes wishes his brain had an 'off' button. He spends so much time in his head he sometimes finds himself in random places and wondering what he was doing. It also gets in the way of his sleeping, it works as some kind of Insomnia that doesn't allow him to sleep because his brain keeps making up images, ideas and memories that make him feel all kinds of emotions, as if experiencing them for a second or perhaps third time. Feelings like anger, sadness, happiness, etc.; making him laugh all night long. It's like a movie in his head which he can change if he wished. The downside is he can't turn it off at will.

His favorite color is red and he loves the cold breeze. He likes to play the drums, draw, write, anything considered 'Art', since he was both born and raised in Hearthome City. Although he likes to write, he hasn't quite gotten into the habit of reading and therefore feels he lacks culture. He doesn't really speak much, but it's not shyness, rather than he just has nothing to say –so he claims. He has an it's all in the past personality which makes him sound cold at times but usually it's that same personality that helps cheer-up his friends, but even though he says it, he himself isn't capable of heeding those words. He tends to be more open with girls because he speaks from the heart, and so many guys view it as being gay. In the beginning he won't speak much, but in the long run, he will open up in the sense of joking around; but even so, he will almost always be the silent one in a conversation.

Nam is a person who feels unsatisfied with his intellect because he feels he doesn't know as much as he should. He has constant feelings of paranoia saying that everyone is better than him at what he does. He is very familiar with the phrase, "There will always be someone better than you." But what if everyone seems to be better than you? Even his little kid brother would genuinely beat him in a game from time to time –even though he'd claim to have let him win –lucky, his brother is naïve.
    He has had some rather bad experiences with girls in the past, so he feels he has grown to hate them even though he still feels quite attracted; but it might be that he's just mad at himself. So he began to wear big headphones. Not just because he loves music, but to subconsciously send a message to the world.

He believes that the eye is the most beautiful part of the human body, or more specifically, the iris of the eye. He might be caught staring at his eyes in a mirror for more than a minute, or even someone else's eyes. But in the perspective of others it looks as if he loves his own reflection.

Finally, Nam is a brave soul who will never give up. He lives through most of his problems with this phrase, "It's going to happen anyway, so I might as well get over with it." And more importantly, he tells himself that he can do anything, "Failure is not an option; I will succeed." That one phrase is what makes him so unique. It may seem arrogant but it has helped him a lot and his friends as well.​

Appearance

Right-handed Nam is a tanned, 6'3 seventeen year-old that weighs about 145Ibs. He has long, natural, spikey dark brown hair that ends at his shoulder pointing downward, with bangs formed by the big black headphones with a dark blue cushion and lining on the plastic; resembling a pokeball on the ear side and a 'whole note' replacing the little button on the ball –but only he knows that. His eyes are also dark brown, matching his hair. He wears a blue stylish scarf around his neck and a black sleeveless shirt; revealing his tan athletic arms. The shirt has blood-red linings in a way that may be compared to the pokeball of a pokedex. He also wears dark blue (almost black) baggy jeans with silver chains hanging from the right side of his back and side pockets. Finally he wears black sneakers with a dark red mid sole and blue outer soles. They have a blue imprinted pokeball and white seams. On his right hand he has dark blue gloves with black seams and exposed fingers with stitching sticking out of the ends and a blue pokétch on his right hand wrist.​

Spoiler:

History

Nam Wagner was born and raised in Hearthome City of the Sinnoh Region. His parents were both artists: his mother competed in Pokemon Contests while his father drew her in paintings, they made quite a team. His older sister was also into the entertainment industry; she loved singing and competing in pokemon contests, just like her mother. Because of this, not only did Nam grow to love the arts, but pokemon just the same. He was also quite naughty and at the time he blended perfectly with the crowd. But he would cross the line from time to time –like when he burned the Christmas tree! He said he wanted to help 'light' the tree. Above all, he was quite the healthy and vivid young man.

Due to living in a City with such variety as this one, he spent most of his days going to Amity Park, to watch owners and trainers alike walking their pokemon. He'd visit the Pokemon Contest to view portraits of his mother, her pokemon, and other contestants; and his favorite, the Hearthome City Gym. He would sit in the audience and watch Fantina battle challengers with her Ghost pokemon. Sometimes she wins, and other times she loses; that's how the game rolls. But he didn't limit himself to parks, contests and battles. Anime, got his attention all the same and he began to study Japanese –although, he's taking it slow.

A few years passed and the boy seemed to have calmed down, burned his stage of hyperactivity. But his parents began to think he was a bit too calm. This of course affected him in school; but only a little, because the only thing that required him to open his mouth was to participate in class. He did however; end up becoming the social outcast. Sure he'd make friends from time to time, but if they ever had to narrow the group down, Nam was the guy. And the worst part was, whenever he actually spoke, people would usually grow tired of him -mostly the girls. When it comes to the guys, all he had to say was some ribald jest. He couldn't decide whether something was wrong with him or perhaps they were the problem.

Sooner after that, he met the love of his life and at the same time despised her somehow. Livvy Hoffman was probably the first girl he ever showed his real-self without restraints and remains as friends. Although, she was never to be told about his true feelings; and so, she met another guy. Nam felt alone again, even though their relationship remained, she thought of him as the brother she never had.

Finally Nam had turned 11 and his first wish was to enter a pokemon school. His parents immediately panicked, the thought of sending him away to a school in Jubilife City was a bit terrifying to them, especially for a silent child, like Nam. How would he get around? After some consideration, they began to believe that perhaps this would solve his silent problem. Many people thought that being an introvert was some kind of sickness, they compared it with depression; but Nam knew the difference, he knew who he was. None the less, they sent a request and months later, Nam had been accepted.

It was all so new and fresh for the young boy, he began to feel this unknown emotion; adrenaline, adventure, he felt this was what he needed. He learned about the 150 pokemon seen in the Kanto region, how a child was able to disband the infamous Team Rocket years ago; and again another child in the Johto region. He thought he'd like to go on an adventure just like they did. He did pretty well in the theoretical classes but to actually practice matches; he'd have to catch his own pokemon, but teachers wouldn't put their students in that sort of risk. So, any who did have pokemon; either, their parents bought it or caught it for them. Nam had to resort to practicing what he learned via a DS console system. They were the latest thing.

Six years later he graduated from the dorm school in Jubilife City with astounding grades and had returned home in Hearthome City. Team Crescenta had become nation-wide and crimes have been seen from all around: robberies, kidnaps, hostages, murder, etc. One or two months later, Cynthia, the well-known and respected Champion of the Sinnoh league, had appeared before Nam's door; inviting him to the Association of Light, a response to this malignant group and its followers. Handing him a recommendation letter from his school and a black helicopter with Team Reverse's Emblem parked in the background; the whole neighborhood had gathered. It was a sad day for his parents because he had just returned home, but there was no way they could ever deny this once in a lifetime journey. After a small test, Nam packed his bags and left Hearthome City, again.​

Starter Pokemon: Tepig (Shiny if possible ^^)
    Nickname: N/A (I'm not good with names...)
    Nature: Lax
    Personality: Tepig is a pokemon that's always ahead of himself, trying to make his trainer proud he tries his hardest to look cool and witty; although, he usually messes up and makes Nam embarrassed instead. Even so, they get along quite well, he sort of fills that emptiness in Nam.

Misc.: He likes to wear mini headphones to match his trainer.

Spoiler:

Role-Play Sample
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • @Nam - Now I remember why I didn't pass judgement yet-Your SU is SO long, but very detailed because of that. You are accepted and your Tepig is shiny. Good luck to you. SUs are now closed.

Let's all get posting! POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSST! ^.-

Nam

Years
  • Hurray!!! Btw, I intended to do a *flashback* in like the second parragraph of my RP sample. Did it work, or was it confusing?

EDIT2: Hey, what about the pokemart? You haven't written down the price for items and what items are found in the pokemart. For example: Right now everyone is in Sandgem town. If my memory serves right (too lazy to check my game...), the sandgem pokemart sells potions, pokeballs, healballs, maybe even netballs, antidotes, etc. Also, professor Rowan didn't provide 5 pokeballs.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Hurray!!! Btw, I intended to do a *flashback* in like the second parragraph of my RP sample. Did it work, or was it confusing?

Lol, I don't know. I was so "O.O" by the length that I kinda just skimmed through and read about half XD It was pretty good from what I did read though. Don't worry, I read the rest of the SU completely ;3

1: We'll see how well you describe them, then offer feedback.
    2: I'll post mart data for other towns, for now everybody just skips the Sandgem Mart. And Professor Rowan did provide five Pokeballs, they're in the back. Check my first IC post for Chapter One data :3
    EDIT: Wait, I didn't put them in the bag, did I? Lulz, I'll go add them ^.-

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Posting for unknown reasons... Thank for letting me waste 15 seconds of your time. :3

Nakuzami

Years
  • I'm not done, but this is the basic data. I'll have everything else up later.

Nakuzami as Dimitri Draen

Money: 3000
    Inventory:
    Pokeball x4 | Potion x5 | Antidote x5
    Paralyz Heal x5 | TM: Return | TM: Hidden Power
    Oran Berry x10

Pokemon:

Snivy "Alec"

Lv5
    Type:

Abilities: Overgrow | Contrary
    Moves: Glare | Tackle | Leer

Pokemon in storage:
    N/A

CyBeastSaber as Karen Valius

Inventory:
    Pokeball x5 | Potion x5 | Antidote x5
    Oran Berry x10

Pokemon:

Totodile "Dyle"

Lv5
    Type:

Abilities: Torrent | Sheer Force
    Moves: Dragon Dance | Leer | Scratch

Pokemon in storage:
    N/A

Fuyu as Ciel Vespera

Inventory:
    Pokeball x4 | Potion x5 | Antidote x5
    Oran Berry x10

Pokemon:

Oshawott "Nadia"

Lv5
    Type:

Abilities: Torrent | Shell Armor
    Moves: Copycat | Tackle | Tail Whip

Pokemon in storage:
    N/A

TheFinalWatchman as Hiro Mori

Inventory:
    Oran Berry x10

Pokemon:

Chimchar "Hope"

Lv5
    Type:

Abilities: Blaze | Iron Fist
    Moves: Focus Energy | Leer | Scratch

Pokemon in storage:
    N/A

Scarf Blade as Haru Farsong

Inventory:
    Oran Berry x10

Pokemon:

Treecko "Woogeck"

Lv5
    Type:

Abilities: Overgrow | Unburden
    Moves: Synthesis | Leer | Pound

Pokemon in storage:
    N/A

Inventory:
    Oran Berry x10

Pokemon:

Tepig

Lv5
    Type:

Abilities: Blaze | Thick Fat
    Moves: Curse | Tackle | Tail Whip

Pokemon in storage:
    N/A

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Dude, I call dibs on Fuyu's rampaging Growlithe he/she wrote about. :P

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen today
    If you can catch him XD. He seems to be stalking Ciel right now. I'd actually like to see that. Or maybe he's stalking Shinx...
    >>
    <<
    ...Maaybe... :P

PS: I'm a girl XD No worries. I don't sound like one.

Back