• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Fresh Start

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
  • @Wonderfulpat - Don't worry if things are too complex or not, I happen to be one of those GMs that love a nice long post to read. It was very well-done, I like how you portrayed the professor and Jonah, and the realistic way you described Henry's journey.

Henry received an Eevee (Evos)!
    Eevee (Evos) grew to lv. 6!

Last edited:

RevelationLugia

Braviary Trainer
    Years
  • (( For future reference. When I use Italics, the words are what the character is currently thinking. ))

After taking a relatively short nap, a couple hours at most, Akira woke up and decided that would give it another go in the Dragon's Den. Even though he figured that he wouldn't be able to capture anything at this point in his 'career', he knew it would be best to at least get a handle on the whole battling thing.

Wouldn't want to run into someone who actually /knows/ how to battle without having tried...

With that he got to his feet and exited the Pokémon Center before making his way back through Professor Sequoia's laboratory. Just as he was about to enter into the depths of the cavern, a voice stopped him.

"Going back for another attempt?" The voice belonged to none other than Professor Sequoia. She had her back to him, apparently doing something important on a PC.

"Ah…yeah. I've never battled before so I figured it would be best to learn as soon as possible" Akira had a hint of nervousness in his voice. Talking to someone who knew so much more than him about Pokémon was quite intimidating to him. "…Do you have any tips for a beginner?"

She turned to look at him, an indifferent expression on her face. This didn't help Akira's nerves. "I find that it's better for newer trainers to learn for themselves. Your Pokémon will show you more on her own than I ever could."

Akira blinked once, not sure what to think of that. "That makes sense, I suppose." It didn't really make sense to him but he figured it would be better to not make her repeat herself. He'd learned that some smart people didn't like having to do that.

After standing there awkwardly for a moment, Akira pulled the door open to the Dragon's Den and stepped inside. The cool air hit his face like a fan after coming in off the beach.
    Unlike the last time he entered the cave, he spotted a wild Pokémon right off the bat. Akira may not have been an expert battler by any means, but he did know many different species of Pokémon. This particular breed was an Axew.

Akira froze. What luck…

The green, wingless, dragon-type Pokémon turned to look at him, emitting a growl before facing him fully, pawing at the ground with its small talons. Akira slowly reached into the inner pocket of his jacket and pulled out Drifloon's Pokéball.

"Alright, let's go Drifloon!" With that, he tossed the ball out in front of him, a purple balloon-like Pokémon appearing in front of him. For a reason Akira didn't know, it had a golden "X" across its face.

Almost immediately the wild Axew's eyes narrowed and began to glow a crimson color, it was a Leer attack. Akira stepped back. "Uh…try and dodge it, Drifloon! Then use Acrobatics!"
    Drifloon seemed to be frozen in place for a brief moment. It was unable to avoid the Leer, and its defense was inevitably lowered. Despite this, the balloon Pokémon zipped into the air and sped towards the still glaring Axew, performing several fancy maneuvers along the way.

The Axew looked up from its Leer at the last moment and tried to dodge the oncoming Drifloon, but failed and took a hit to the side which sent it rolling backwards.

"Great job Drifloon!" He called joyously.

Drifloon turned and had a happy expression on its face. Unfortunately, the Axew recovered rather quickly and leapt at Drifloon, landing a powerful Scratch attack on it from behind. Drifloon was knocked to the ground by this attack but then floated back into the air, spinning slightly.

He gasped. The last thing he wanted to do was to fail his partner on his first try. "Hang in there buddy! Try and use a Constrict!"

Drifloon stopped its slow spinning and re-focused on the Axew which was panting. Once again, it quickly advanced on the dragon-Pokémon and extended two long strings on its underside towards it. The Axew once again tried to leap to the side. If it hadn't been weakened already, it would have succeeded.

One of Drifloon's strings wrapped around the right rear leg of the Axew and lifted it into the air. The Axew flailed helplessly as it was lifted higher and higher, taking more damage from the continuous attack. This proved too much for the dragon-Pokémon which fainted soon after.

He beamed. "You did so well Drifloon! You were awesome!"

Akira lifted Drifloon's ball and returned the purple balloon-like Pokémon, still smiling.

With that, Akira walked out of the Dragon's Den and headed towards the Pokémon Center to get Drifloon's injuries h[FONT=&quot]ealed.[/FONT]

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • RevelationLugia - That was a great battle post! And the dialogue with Professor Sequoia was quite well-done, and I like how Akira's responded to her eccentricities. Really well done (:

Drifloon grew to lv. 7 and learned Astonish!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    chapter 1
    Ashton Elden, Blackthorn City

The day was a bit gloomy, grey clouds swirling around in the sky above. Ashton looked out from the window of the modern car and sighed. Was this how his pokémon journey was supposed to begin?

"Hey," he said to the butler who was driving. "Can't you just give me a lift around Johto? That would be so much more awesome than walking." He actually held a slight hope that the friendly butler would say yes.

"No," the friendly butler said cheerfully and kept driving towards Blackthorn City.

Ashton pouted. He liked pokémon... he loved pokémon! There was nothing that wasn't great about pokémon. So much better than studying. But this journey thing... he would get dirty and his feet would get sore. He looked at the backpack on the seat beside him. His mother had carefully packed it the other day and then his uncle had laughed and took half of all the things out when Mrs Elden wasn't near. "You won't need this, lad," he had said when taking out a lot of the extra clothes with a wink and instead put down some strange pokémon medicines (Paralyze heal, Antidote and Potion) while trying to teach a confused Ashton about them.

Now the butler turned the car around and came to a stop. Ashton looked around and stopped daydreaming. They were here, right outside of professor Sequoia's lab. "Off you go, Mr Elden," the butler said and opened the door for him. Ashton didn't take his eyes off the modern building as he climbed out from the car. It was very different from the buildings in Ecruteak. But then he looked around at the other houses in the city. They looked a bit more ancient.

"Just give your parents a call once in a while, sir," the butler said. "They will surely haunt you with calls of their own in unfitting times otherwise."

Ashton nodded and the butler got back into the car and drove away... back to Ecruteak. Ashton gulped. So now he was alone. He'd better get into the lab. The sky looked like it would open up and throw down some rain on him soon.

Inside the metal building, Ashton quickly made his way to the large room where professor Sequoia was waiting. There was another boy there as well, with sandy hair. He looked quite nervous when he met Ashton's gaze. Ashton smiled a little and nodded, trying to be friendly. But the boy only nodded stiffly back. "Stiff type," Ashton murmured.

"What's that?" professor Sequoia said and noticed him approaching.

"Oh, nothing at all!" Ashton said and put on a larger smile. "I'm Ashton Elden, new trainer, soon to be champion. Nice to meet you!"

The professor smiled. "Nice to meet you too, Ashton. Seems you've guessed correctly that I am professor Sequoia. Let's get you started on your journey, shall we?"

Ashton nodded and looked around the room as the professor turned to get something from a desk behind her. The room wasn't very cozy; not at all like the mansion at home. Even Mr Elden's office in the mansion had been elaborately decorated and stuffed with bookshelves and stuff.

"Here, this is your License Chip," the professor said and walked up to Ashton.

"Huh, looks cool," Ashton said but didn't really mean it. It was a small metal piece.

"Are you afraid of needles, Ashton?" the professor asked.

"Needles? No, not really, why- OOOWCH!"

"There you go, the chip is right under the skin on your right hand now," the professor said, taking away a stapler looking thing that Ashton hadn't seen that she had before. "Pokémon centers will scan it to make sure that you are allowed free healing and rooms there, and gym leaders will scan it to update the database with your victory... if you defeat them."

Ashton pouted. Harming him without warning beforehand? "Sneaky hag..." he murmured.

"What's that?" the professor asked as she walked back to the table.

"Nothing at all!" Ashton said, sweatdropping a little.

On the table was several pokéballs. The professor handed him some other things, being five empty pokéballs and a mini computer called PokéPad that seemed to be able to do just anything. But Ashton had a hard time focusing on what she said, since he was staring at the pokéballs on the table.

"Oh, I can see that you're eager to get your own pokémon," the professor sighed. "That's alright. The one we have picked out for you is... Aipom."

She pointed at a pokéball and Ashton eagerly grabbed it and pressed the button. An energy beam came out and transformed into a little purple monkey standing on its tail before Ashton. They blinked at each other for a second or two, then Ashton said: "Hey, hey, look at that. A monkey pokémon! Cool. I've seen Aipoms before, actually. But I've never really met one and said hello to it. Hello?"

Aipom seemed content with its trainer's words and shone up into a smile, jumping around on its tail and suddenly jumping up on Ashton's back. "Whoa!" Ashton gasped, but Aipom didn't do anything bad. It just placed itself on Ashton's shoulder and smiled at his face from a few centimeters distance.

"This Aipom was never the shy type," the professor explained. "It's rather playful and can get aggressive at times, but it's also a bit lazy I'm afraid..."

"I'll take him!" Ashton said, hearing a description of himself in Sequoia's words. "We'll get along fine, you'll see."

Aipom giggled and all of a sudden stuck out his tongue to Jonah. The sandy haired assistant widened his eyes and his mouth became a thin line. Ashton patted the Aipom. "Good boy," he said, which made Jonah go a bit red faced. Sequoia hadn't noticed a thing.

"Oh, Aipom is a female, by the way," the professor added. "Meaning, she's a girl."

Ashton blinked and looked back at the monkey on his shoulder. Aipom was beaming at him and patted his head with her tail. "A girl?"

This wasn't planned. He was supposed to travel around with a girl on his shoulder??

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @RHCP - Ah, awesome post, that really was a joy to read. I love Ashton already, he's definitely going to have a far-from-full journey. You did a wonderful job with Sequoia and Jonah as well and I'm looking forward to your next post.

Ashton received an Aipom!

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • Chapter 1
    "It all starts with a SandStorm!"
    -Blackthorn City-

Lily was in her hotel room in Blackthorn city packing her stuff into her bag. She checked the room to see if she had forgotten anything and after being sure she left. Her destination was the Pokemon lab lead by Professor Sequoia which had sent her a letter informing her to come pick up her started today. The girl noticed the almost medieval setting of the town as she was passing by some houses, but despite the looks the few people that inhabited the city were just as modern as Lily. Strange thing isn't it? The only thing that stood out were the Pokemon center and the Pokemon lab. The lab was in Lily's sight, just a few minutes away. As she was walking a guy bumped into her and didn't even bother to apologize." Guess people aren't different even here" the girl said continuing her walk.

After a bit the girl was just in front of the lab. " Ok guess this is the start of something unknown." She said taking a deep breath and pushing the door, walking in. As she entered she was greeted by an old woman. The woman was dark haired mixed with gray and had a big smile on her face as she saw the girl entering. "Good to see you."

"Greetings. I'm Lillian Blackstar here to pick my starter."
    The girl said trying to act as polite as she could. She still was cautious around anybody new and the professor made no exception.

"Yes, yes of course. Come this way." The woman said as she started walking towards a room. " By the way I am Professor Sequoia and this is my assistant Jonah." she said entering the room and pointing towards a young man, in his 20s, that was checking something on a laptop near some pokeballs. " Jonah this is one of our scheduled trainers please bring the pokeball please." The man nodded greeting Lily and went to bring the pokeball. " While he gets your pokemon let me tell you about everything you need to know. First we have to place a microchip on your right hand. This will be your Trainer license and will act as an ID. Also your victories in gym battles will be recorded there and you can use it to heal your pokemon ant the center or get a room. All this will be done by a quick scan of the chip. It will hurt a bit, but no more than a mosquito bite."

"Ok then get on with it."
    The girl said handing her hand.

"Quick are we…well come here."
    Heading toward a machine. " Put your hand here…….That's ok…..now…..all..".

"OUCH
    !!!"The girl was all done but that hurt like 100 mosquitos. " Ok now that that is settled here are 5 empty pokeballs and most important your PokePad which will act as a Pokedex, map, has an internet connection and also a phone that has a wireless headset." Just as the professor finished her sentence Johan came and quickly gave the professor the ball, rushing to get back to his safe zone in the chair.

"Guess there are other worse than me at socializing. "
    the girl thought to herself. " So here lies my new partner. " she said putting her hand on the pokeball and gazing at it just like a baby at a new toy.

"Indeed it is." The professor said pushing the button and releasing the pokemon. A little worm like pokemon covered in leafs appeared before them. It turned towards Lily, examined her from head to toe. Lily got the Pokepad and scanned the pokemon :

sewaddle_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d387uf9.gif

"Sewaddle, the Sewing Pokémon. Sewaddle hides from its enemies by covering its head with a hood made from a leaf, and is known to eat its leafy clothing when food is scarce."

After that she put the PokePad away in her bag but when she turned towards Sewaddle in was gone. She looked confused at the professor which as smiling. She pointed up towards the ceiling. Lily looked up and saw the little pokemon hanging on a piece of thread above her. It let go and landed on top of her head snuggling in her hair. " So there you were you little rascal. Come here." She took it in her arms. " Now what should I name you…..hmmm…..What do you say about Clover?".The pokemon nodded in excitement. "Clover it is then. Professor we'll be taking our leave. " she said taking the pokeball and heading towards the exit.

"Wait my dear…I have one more thing to say. I see you as being a very a very determined girl, don't ask me why, I just do, why not take a challenge?"

"Ok. You piqued my interest."

"Well there is a cave near the lab, it is called the Dragon's Den. I think it will be and interesting first challenge on your journey. If you wish to go the door right there will lead you to the entrance."

"Sewaddle!!!"
    the pokemon cried jumping out of Lily's hands with a confident look on his face. "Well he sums it up pretty well." Lily said being amazed by Clover. He was in a way just like a combination between the old Lily and the recent one. Lily decided to let Clover walk beside her and after she gave her thanks to the professor and to Jonah who got al flustered in front of her she exited through the back door. The door led to a bridge across a river that ended just in front of the cave." Well Clover, here goes nothing." She said taking her step into the cave. To her surprise the cave was very well lit, it was a straight road from the entrance. The only thing you could see was the tunnel and the lights.

After about 25 minutes of walking Lily found herself in front of three paths: the middle one was lighted and was still looking like a well-polished shoe, and the ones on the right and the left were bare just like you would expect from a cave. "I think we should go this way." Lily said pointing towards the one on the left. " It really isn't a cave if you don't feel the rough surface and the rocks beneath your shoes. " Clover smiled and marched in front of her trainer. They went on through the now dark cave which was filled with stalagmites and stalactites everywhere. Water was dripping from some of them making the surrounding area a little bit chillier. Just as Clover and Lily were walking a rock fell down from a nearby edge. Lily didn't see anything up there but the tiny bug pokemon saw something lurking behind a rock. Before he could tell his trainer the girl was already a few feet away so he let it pass, but now was on guard for anything. " Hey! Clover let's see what attack do you know." She pulled out her PokePad and looked up Clover's data. " Hmmm interesting you have Tackle." The bug pokemon quickly tackled a rock sending it flying deep into the cave. " String Shot!" Clover stuck itself onto the ceiling and was swinging back and forth towards Lily. " Ok, ok I get it you're good." The girl laughed, a laugh which had been absent from her life for a while now. "And you have another one… wow…. Energy Ball. That's a very powerful move." Being flattered by Lily's word the pokemon looked up and formed a green ball of energy, launching it at the ceiling. It made a hole in it and some rocks fell on top of Sewaddle. The pokemon crawled out of the pile of rocks a bit embarrassed and covered in dust. "Come here. " she said picking up the pokemon and using a handkerchief from her pocket to clean him. "Don't worry, you were amazing, couldn't have asked for a better pokemon." The pokemon gave a big smile and crawled up on Lily's shoulder. Just as they were about to go on a sandstorm started with them in the center of it. " That's strange….we're in a cave. " but before they could say another word Lily was pushed by something and fell of the edge of the path and fell deeper into the cave.

"Awww…I think I hit my shoulder on the way down."
    The girl said opening her eyes. Clover was sitting on top of her looking into her eyes from above. "Glad to see at least you're ok. " getting up and dusting herself off. They were now just beside an inner lake. It had a bridge not far from them that led to a beautiful rustic shrine. " What just happened back there?!" the girl said puzzled but just as she ended her sentence another sandstorm brew with them inside. " If this is someone's idea of a joke, he will pay." She shouted as she was hit by sand from all over the place. The girl tried to look into the sandstorm and started walking a bit. "Here this is the center of the storm and we'll be much more safer from the sand." Lily was right her previous journeys had taught her one thing or two. "Now let's see who's behind this. " she said towards Clover looking into the sandstorm. She saw a shadowy figure just in front of them. "Clover String Shot to climb up on the ceiling then…mumble mumble mumble……and then…mumble mumble." She whispered towards Clover. The bug pokemon nodded and shot his web up. It climbed and crawled on the ceiling just above the target. "Sewaddle!!!!" it shouted as it let go into a tackle. Just as the target was sent into a nearby rock and Sewaddle was looking at it another thing smashed Sewaddle in the same direction.

Just then the storm ceased and after a minute all could be seen clear as crystal water." Clover!!! So you two did this!!" she said picking Clover up. Just near her were two Gible that were grinning. Lily didn't need to pull her PokePad out as she had knowledge of this pokemon as she owned an evolved form back in Sinnoh. The two Gible started running into a Tackle towards Lily and Clover. The girl jumped just in the nick of time to evade it. " Hey! Two against one isn't fair!!! " she said annoyed. Just then Clover jumped out of her arms and with just a look in its eyes Lily knew what he wanted to say. " Ok I trust you." The two Gible turned around and once again marched into a tackle. " Wait for it……wait for it……NOW JUMP!!" the girl said just as the two Gible were about to hit Clover. The bug pokemon jumped over them. "Now use Tackle!!". Clover smashed into one of the Gible sending it towards the other, both being smashed into the wall."Good job Clover, you're speed and power are amazing!!!" The bug pokemon smiled but turned over towards the Gible focused once again.

"Gibleee!" one of them cried and launched another Tackle attack. It went towards Clover but the bug pokemon dodged it easily at Lily's command, but just as it landed it was hit by the second Gible which just waited for a good opportunity to hit. "Not only that you're playing unfair you sneaky as well!!! Well two can lay that game." She said with a grin on her face. The two Gible ran again into a tackle from opposite directions but in the last second Lily told Clover to use String Shot to climb up. The two Gible hit each other." Now Clover Tackle them!" and in a matter of second Clover pummeled them more into the ground, then jumping near her trainer. The two Gible got up once again and were ready to continue. " Do they run on batteries or what?!? " she thought being amazed by their endurance. One of them went into a Tackle again but this was just a diversion as just as Clover evaded it, the other one launched a powerful Dragon Rage that knocked Clover into Lily's hands. Clover was a bit tired but he was till up for it. It jumped down and was ready to continue and so was Lily. The other Gible now launched the same attack, Dragon Rage , but this time Clover dodged it. " Now use Energy Ball to blast them away! " The ball hit just between the two dragon pokemon making a powerful blast that knocked bot into the air. Just as they were falling the two Gible recovered and fell down digging their way into the ground. " They really have batteries in them." She said when she saw that they kept popping out from every part of the cave every minute. The two Gible made a lot of holes in the area, and after they made enough started jumping from one to another hitting Clover every time they could."This is bad I have to get him out of there." Lily said to herself trying to come up with something as soon as possible.

Clover was getting hit every time and didn't know how to react as the Gible kept coming from a different hole every time. Just as another hit landed Lily got a smirk on her face. " Clover listen. Use String Shot to block the holes." Clover understood what Lily was up to. It immediately started making a web at the end of every whole leaving only two free. " Perfect now use Energy Ball on one of the holes! " Just as it was told clover sent a green ball into a whole. Deep underground the two Gible were trapped and the ball was heading their way. The wild pokemon rushed to get out of the tunnels through the other hole that was free, but the thing was that Clover was awaiting them there. As soon as they surfaced Clover launched another Energy Ball which knocked them unconscious into the wall nearby.

"Great job you did it!!!"
    Lily praised Clover picking it up. "Sewaddle!!!" it cried in joy. " Now let's go take another look at this shrine." She said putting Clover on her shoulder and starting to walk towards the bridge. The shrine and the bridge were very beautiful and in a way calming, Lily and Clover enjoying every minute of their walk on it. When they reached the end they saw a man with a lab coat on working on his laptop. As Lily and Clover approached him he put his laptop down and smiled. " My my….you're a though one I could say…you're the only one who made it this far out of the starting trainer….and even managed to defeat two pokemon at a time. I even recorded all the battle on my laptop."

" Thank ……WAIT WHAT?! You just sat there and watched…..you could have helped you know."

"Well you were doing such a good job out there I didn't want to interrupt."

" Yeah right! " the girl said rolling her eyes over.

"Well nonetheless you did a fantastic job, I'll be sure to tell the professor. There is nothing else to see here as from here on it is forbidden for rookie trainers to enter."

"I see. Well just hang around a bit, then head outside." The girl said taking the corner and going to the front of the shrine. "Ok Clover as this is a shrine it's a good thing to pray for good luck. " Clover didn't really knew what to do but he just mimicked Lily. The girl bowed down, Clover nodding his head. Then put her hand together closing her eyes and praying. Clover tried to unite its hand but his body just couldn't permit that so after a bit of struggle he just glued his hand with a bit of silk between. " Thanks for giving me such a great partner and guide us on our journey till the end. " were her words. The she opened her eyes and laughed at the scene of Clover with its hand with silk. " You sure think out of the box, that's for sure." She said pulling the silk off. "Sewaddle!!!"

After that they made their way outside with no even the slightest problem. " It's nice to feel fresh air again!"the girl said at the sight of the sun. Just as she was walking towards the Pokemon center, on the bridge the Pokepad Started ringing. " What the heck…I don't have anybody's number!" she getting her Pad and putting her headset on. She saw that the Professor was calling her. " Hello Lillian. Can I call you Lily it's much more easier. I forgot to tell you that I had put my number in your pad so you can contact me whenever you need. Also I heard you got into a bit of trouble on your way to the shrine. " "Well yes…some Gible didn't have anything else good to do than to battle us." " Haha….well I'm glad to see you're ok. Well I'll get back to my work but I'll check on you from time to time. Bye." "Ok. Goodbye! Well Clover let's get you healed up and off to bed with us as it will soon be night."

The professor was in her lab on her computer receiving the video from her assistant from the shrine." Here is the data I recorded. " the assistant said after logging off. The professor watched the whole battle and was surprised of her battle. " She's a pure talent, she'll get very far that's for sure."

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Romdinner - Great post! Especially the battle was a delight to read, it was definitely very creative, and I love that. You portrayed Professor Sequoia and Jonah very nicely too, and Sewaddle is just adorable.

Lily received a Sewaddle (Clover)!
    Sewaddle (Clover) grew to lv. 8 and learned Bug Bite!

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
    Years
  • Finally! Sorry I took so long. So busy...

Name: Richard J. Hope

Appearance: Richard stands at five and half feet, which is not the average height of a person. He is thin, weighing only 50 kilos. Due to him not being interested in sports, Richard isn't strong enough to hike a mountain even for 30 minutes. His skin is bleached white and his hair is unusual white, a family heritage from both his dad's and mom's side. His face is round and his eyes have a piercing effect. His pupils are gray, having the same color as the thundercloud. These eyes, probably because of his past, always seemed to be in sorrow, his red lips felt like they never smiled. But there were times when they did.

Richard isn't that interested in fashion, and he prefers wearing the same outfit. He's usually seen wearing dark blue pants, black and white sneakers, a white t-shirt with a "South Face" mark on the stomach part, an orange leather jacket with short sleeves and a green scarf around his neck. Sometimes he's seen wearing a black cap or a longer black jacket with a hood. Nobody knows why he wears a chain necklace with a silver eagle around his neck. Its wings are widely open; it has an olive stick on its beak and unusually intimidating sharp eyes. When people ask about this necklace, Richard either ignores the question or just says it's a family gift.

Personality: Richard has a strong personality. He's quite determined and thinks straight forward, but that kind of behavior always made him look like a stubborn boy. Though he can be hot-tempered, he's quite calm. That can be proved by his first actions whenever a dangerous situation occurs: he never panics. But even Richard has his own limits. Sometimes he can start to despair whenever somebody is threatened or is in the verge of death. No. He always despairs.

When angered, Richard first acts as calmly as possible. Then his emotions explode if the pressure goes further, usually resulting into a fight or a deadly silence. Richard's quietness never attracted other people, which makes him a loner. He's not sociable and never likes to talk much. But when he's with his bunch of friends, Richard can become more open and talk more, even start to throw comments or jokes. And he can start a talk if he's in a good mood. But Richard can be a blabbermouth too. When he talks much, he can reveal one's secret with no warning. Sometimes, he can even be rude, insulting people and yelling at others. However, his behavior is not the same when he interacts with a pokemon. He likes pokemon and always believed that pokemon could understand one's emotions, thoughts if bonded. The same bond he has with his Charizard, with whom he always sticks together.

History: Richard was born in a fairly rich family. He lived in a big house not far from Jubilife City of the Sinnoh region. It had 2 floors and a basement, which was used as a store. In this house lived 3 people: Richard and his parents. His father was a manager of a trades company and usually left behind his family because of his work for business trips. So, Richard spent most of his childhood with his mom, who was a retired pokemon coordinator. Richard had no siblings, so he had all the love from his parents and lived happily. But that happiness didn't last a long time.

One day, when he was still 6 years old, Richard was playing with his toys and his family pokemon, Charmander. During his fun, suddenly, he heard a gunshot, which startled and surprised him a lot. Then he heard a scream of a woman. Richard didn't like this. "Mama?" – he said, starting to fear. With his Charmander, Salamander, he went downstairs. He slowly went through the hallway until he heard a voice. It was a voice of a man, but Richard could hear words like "Mission" and "Target". He quietly went towards the source of the voice and arrived at the door to the kitchen. Right before him was a man with a white uniform and black boots and gloves. He had a gun in his hand and was talking through some kind of an object that looked like a telephone. But that wasn't the main detail. The main thing was the scenery below the man. A woman at mid 30-s was lying there, blood covering her whole body. Richard was really shocked. It was none other than Sarah Hope, his one only mom, who raised him from the beginning of his life. "NO!!" – the boy cried and ran towards the dead body. The man noticed Richard and slowly raised his gun towards the crying boy. He was about to pull the trigger when he heard a desperate cry of the boy: "MOMMY!" He lowered his gun and turned around then dashed towards the window. Richard saw the man break through it and run away. This man killed his mom. And Richard would never forget this incident.

After Mrs. Hope's death, Richard's uncle came to the Hope's Estate and took care of Richard until Daniel Hope returned from his business trip. Days passed, weeks flew by, but Richard's dad never showed up. When Richard's uncle called the company about what happened to his father, they gave no answers, only stating that the rest of the team is also missing. So Richard's uncle decided to take care of his nephew and hoped that his brother will come back home.

Richard went to school the next year. He still didn't recover from his mom's death. Who could have recovered from this at such a young age? Fortunately, Richard's uncle was a caring person, so Richard still received happiness from this, but not as much as before. At school, Richard wasn't that popular. His grades were okay, differing from Cs to A-s. He was bullied sometimes because of his physical weakness, making him more desperate and sad. This lasted for 7 more years until one day an another major event happened in his life.

Then Richard was still a rookie in the training world. He managed to beat a traveling stranger once, but that victory was accomplished with pure luck: his Charmander evolving into a Charmeleon during the battle. When he heard about the Jubilife Tournament, he went there to compete, but lost in the first match. Richard came back home with grief and loss, but something was wrong in his house. The usual welcoming from his uncle, who always worked on his computer in the living room, didn't sound today. The entrance was dirty with mud and footprints. Richard went through the hallway into the living room when he noticed something unusual. The room was messy, with all the furniture either broken or torn, glasses and windows broken. Everything in the room was ruined, devastated. The only object that was safe was the huge plasma TV, bought by his parents when they first moved in to the house. And it was showing a man sitting on the chair, hooded. A rough voice came from the person. Somebody was talking to him. And that person was probably responsible for this commotion Richard thought. Then the man introduced himself as a member of the Team Rocket, a criminal organization, aiming to get all the pokemon of the world. He said that Team Rocket saw Richard's battle against a boy with a Lucario, and he added, that Richard lost because he didn't have a strong pokemon. They offered to help Richard's trouble, by giving his a new stronger pokemon in exchange of helping them achieve their goal. Richard firmly refused, saying that he doesn't need a strong pokemon to win a battle, though inside, he had a deep longing of owning a really strong pokemon. Then the man on the screen stood up and chuckled a bit. The screen suddenly changed. Right before Richard was an image of a man sitting on the chair, bleeding and looking exhausted. Richard gasped. This was somebody precious to him. This person was the only other person apart from his parents who cared for him a lot. It was his uncle.

Richard was trembling with fear. Then a voice was heard from the screen, telling Richard that if he won't join Team Rocket, they will end his uncle's life. Richard stood there in silence for some time. Many thoughts came to him at the same time. Some of them were urging Richard to reject the offer; some of them were convincing him to save his uncle. Richard sighed. He said a really quiet "Yes." Then the TV suddenly turned off and men rushed into the Hopes' family estate. All of them were wearing a white uniform with a huge red "R" in the middle. They rushed into the living room and grabbed the stunned and crying boy by his hands and dragged him towards the helicopter, waiting outside for them. The men brought Richard into the helicopter, and it slowly lifted off and left, leaving what was left of the mansion.

Richard served Team Rocket for some time. He was sent to various missions with his new pokemon and Salamander, in which most of them involved fighting against the same kids with same pokemon. Every time he was ordered to stop them from their pokemon journey, and every time he failed. Strange thing was that Team Rocket never told him neither what were their intentions, nor the reason of the constant mission of stopping the trainers' journey, adding that a boy like him doesn't need to know this. Richard was getting more desperate. This wasn't a life he wanted to live. He tried to rescue his uncle from the prison several times or run away from the criminal organization, but that also always ended up failing with Richard having various punishments, the worst of one was watching his uncle being beaten up by a Machoke. Always the threatening of killing his uncle blocked his way of escape. He wanted to let his uncle live. He wanted to become a normal pokemon trainer.

Some time passed until Team Rocket was starting to crumble. Some pokemon trainers, who Richard fought many times, were trying to get rid of Team Rocket for good, by dispatching and capturing Team Rocket grunts one by one. And one day, Richard was sent to stop these trainers. At first he didn't like it, but later he realized that this was his only chance to escape from this situation. When sent to the mission, Richard met up with them, but didn't fight with them. Though they almost started a pokemon battle, Richard convinced these trainers that he was a victim of Team Rocket, not part of it. He told them what happened to him and his uncle and he begged to help him escape with his uncle. At first, the teenagers thought he was faking until they saw tears coming from Richard. They agreed to help Richard in exchange of the information of the location of the main base. Richard gladly told them and with combined forces, they managed to infiltrated the main base, destroy it and release his uncle, stopping the threat from Team Rocket.

After that, Richard and his uncle came back to their mansion near Jubilife. Fortunately, nobody touched the mansion for 3 months, which was quite surprising. Even the billing people didn't come and touch the mansion. Since then Richard and his uncle continued their life normally, with Richard continuing his studies for one more year. The police contacted them sometimes about the Team Rocket incident, which Richard didn't like to talk about. At first, the police thought that it would be dangerous to let somebody like Richard be free, but after hearing his story of what actually happened to him; they came with a conclusion that this boy suffered a lot. They let him continue his normal everyday life, which was good for Richard.

One more year passed, but Richard thought about him staying in school. If he finishes school, what will he do? Then he thought about his previous ambitions. Becoming a scientist? No. Becoming a breeder? No. How about becoming a pokemon champion? Richard thought a bit. This dream was something he wanted to accomplish a few times, but his interactions with Team Rocket stopped it. Richard finally felt happy. He imagined his mom, dad and uncle looking at him proudly. Richard was ready. He just needed a place to go and compete.

Richard thought that he should travel across some place where he has never been, not the Sinnoh region. He thought about Kanto, Hoenn, Unova… Then he thought about the Johto league. He remembered reading the newspapers about opening a new league in Johto. Richard wanted to travel through Johto. But now was not the timing. After he read the requirements for the League, he thought that he would enter the league as soon as the school year ends. Richard smiled. This was going to be something worth remembering, something worth trying, something worth looking for.

Starter: Turtwig

Sorry if it's bad. I rushed a lot writing all the sections. I used this character once in an RP, so the history is the reference of what happened then.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: I had a hard time choosing between Gabite and Deino... but I finally decided that Ashton would be much more fun with a blind, powered up danger-dino than a clumsy ball of teeth. :3 I haven't had this much fun writing about a character for a long time xD ))

chapter 1 - part II
    Ashton Elden, Dragon's Den

Ashton walked out from the lab, thinking with his eyebrows curled. Aipom seemed happy to have gotten a trainer and sat beaming on his shoulder.

"A girl... I've never been friends with a girl before," Ashton finally said. Aipom looked at him, head tipped over slightly.

"But I can try... if you promise to not be, well, girly," he added. Aipom seemed to giggle and put up her tiny hand as to say 'I promise!'. Ashton gave her a high five, to which she seemed amazed and raised her hand again immediately. "No, you can't just high five just like that. We'll need something to high five about. Like, if we win a match or catch a pokémon or something. Got it?"

Aipom nodded eagerly. Got it. Then, something wet fell into her eye. A raindrop? Indeed, water was starting to trickle down from above.

"Ugh," Ashton said, not at all happy with the weather of his first day as a pokémon trainer. He wanted to get moving, but he needed to take out the raincoat from his bag first. The rain grew in intensity though and Aipom was starting to whimper.

"Alright... we'll seek shelter somewhere," Ashton agreed, and turned back to the lab.

Inside, Jonah found them. He put his hands on his hips and said: "Can't even handle a little rain?" Then he walked away through a corridor.

Ashton and Aipom gave each other a look. "What a prick," the boy said as he took out the raincoat from the bag and put it on. Just then, the professor came.

"Oh, you're back so soon?"

"It's raining," Ashton said grumpily. "We got... wet. Can't catch pokémon when we're wet."

The professor chuckled a little and then seemed to get an idea. "Well, all pokémon aren't found in the outdoors under the sky. There are many pokémon that live in caves as well."

"Oh," Ashton said. Anybody could figure that out, where was she going with this?

"There so happens to be a cave situated right behind this lab..." Sequoia said and started to walk through a corridor. Unintentionally intrigued, Ashton followed her, Aipom jumping up onto his shoulder again.

"It used to be a training ground for the old gym trainers of Blackthorn," Sequoia said as they were walking. "Now it's a place where a lot of dragon pokémon live. They are quite strong and not always easy to find... but they are there, for sure."

They had reached a door at the back of the lab and when the professor opened it up, it revealed a bridge, crossing a lake. At the end, through the pouring rain, Ashton could see an opening in the mountain. The cave!

"It's therefore called the Dragon's Den," Sequoia said.

Ashton rushed past her, but she called after him: "Stay on the top floor! There are too strong dragons further down!"

"Don't worry!" Ashton said, running and only half-listening. Aipom was as eager as he was when they crossed the bridge and finally were away from the rain again inside the cave. They looked up and explored their surroundings with their eyes.

There was a main path that was well-lit, but there seemed to be dark caverns leading away from it here and there. This was one of those pokémon-related moments when Ashton forgot about being lazy and felt the need for adventures come over him. Smiling, he stepped onto the bright path and started walking. After a while, he thought he saw movements coming from behind cliffs and the dark side caverns, but he couldn't distinguish any real pokémon. Aipom suddenly pinched him in his ear.

"AOWCH! What was that for?" Ashton said angrily and turned to look at her as she ran out to sit on his now raised arm. She crossed her arms and sighed loudly... "You're bored, that's what it is?" Aipom nodded. "Well, me too." He looked around once again. "There aren't even any pokémon here."

Then he squinted his eyes and looked forward along the dimly lit path that now lay before him. "Hey, there's something there though. Let's go!"

They walked on and finally came to a big hole in the ground. A sturdy and rather old looking ladder was there to climb. Ashton smiled and put a hand on the ladder, ready to use it-

"Don't touch that!" a voice came and made Aipom startle and fall off Ashton. The voice belonged to a middle aged man who now emerged from the shadows. "Didn't the professor tell you that you should avoid the lower levels?"

Ashton drew back his hand from the ladder. "Well... maybe she did." he admitted.

The man sniggered. "Well, she's used to trainers not obeying her, so she sent me here to guard the ladder. Go on and play on this level."

Aipom gave Ashton a look as to say 'whatever' and Ashton pouted a little when he accepted defeat. "But there aren't even any pokémon here!"

"You just haven't looked properly. This cave is abundant with dragons."

"Have YOU seen any today?"

"Yes. Several species even."

"Where?"

"Be a bit quieter, will you? There are dragons who cannot see but reacts very carefully to sound and smell and vibrations in the ground and air."

"Cannot see? Blind dragons?"

"Blind in one sense, stronger in the others."

"What a strange man," Ashton murmured and started to walk away.

"Come again?" the man said.

"Nothing at all!" Ashton called and left the man alone at his so very important guard work.

They walked back to the more well-lit path and Ashton started glancing more towards the side-tunnels. "Let's explore a little," he said to Aipom. She seemed unsure. Maybe she was afraid of darkness?

They went into one of the tunnels and immediately realized that they saw nearly nothing. Ashton took up his PokéPad. "This had a lot of functions... doesn't it have a flashlight?" It did. He used it and shed light in front of him, where a face without eyes but with a lot of teeth suddenly appeared.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!" Ashton screamed and triggered Aipom into screaming as well as they ran back out from the dark tunnel. When he dared to look behind him, he saw a monstrosity emerge from the darkness and chase after him... wait, not really. It was a rather cute dinosaur-like creature.

"Oh! Maybe it's one of those blind dragons?" Ashton said, immediately losing his fear. Aipom was confused. Her instincts told her that the dragon was dangerous. She pulled Ashton's jeans leg.

"Hey, knock it off girl," Ashton said, reading the info on the pokémon on his PokéPad. "Deino, it's called."

"Deino!" the dragon immediately squealed out and approached them.

"Hello you cutie! Are you a girl too?" Ashton asked and stretched out his hand towards the creature. All the hairs in Aipom's fur stood on end as she somehow knew this was a reallllly bad idea. She pulled harder on Ashton's leg and managed to make him move just in the nick of time. Just then, Deino's jaws chomped at where the boy's hand had been half a second earlier. Ashton's eyes widened and his face turned white.

"So... not a girl," he concluded. "Run!"

He picked up Aipom and started running away through the lit up tunnel. Looking behind him, he realized to his dread that Deino was following them! "Wasn't it supposed to be blind?" he gnarled out, but then remembered what Sequoia's assistant at the ladder had said...

"There are dragons who cannot see but reacts very carefully to sound and smell and vibrations in the ground and air."

"Great, so he sees with his feet or ears or something," Ashton moaned and ran around a cliff, stopping momentarily. Aipom poked his chin. "Heh, we'll soon get out of here," Ashton reassured her. Then he stopped to think. "No, wait. Why, really? Deino is a pokémon and trainers gotta catch pokémon, don't they? And you're a pokémon!" he said and held Aipom in his hands before him. She shook her head. "You can battle Deino and we can capture it!" Aipom shook her head violently.

"Come on, I'll help you out," Ashton said and looked up Aipom in the PokéPad. Attacks: Scratch, Tail Whip and Sand Attack. "Hm, not much to go on, but... it'll make do. I've seen how they do on TV, you know!"

Aipom didn't feel the least bit more reassured by this as he put her down on the ground and slowly moved back around the cliff. When they were facing the lit up path again... Deino was nowhere to be seen. "Did we really outrun him that easily?" Ashton thought out loud. "He really was blind then!"

"AIPOOOM!" the little monkey shouted and gave Ashton a push in the back. The trainer turned around and saw that Deino had snuck up right behind them. Now it charged!

"Uh... no time to panic, Aipom!" Ashton said. "Go with a... Tail Whip!"

Aipom waved her tail to draw Deino's attention and to look cute... but Deino was blind! He didn't notice and instead Tackled her meanly. She got up again but gave Ashton an angry look.

"Ok, sorry... try Sand Attack!"

As Deino turned around and looked ready to make another move, Aipom used her tail to whip up some sand from the cave floor and throw it in Deino's face. Deino coughed a little but then opened his mouth and shot a strange blueish and crackling energy beam at Aipom. She had been prepared for an attack though and just barely managed to avoid the beam by jumping aside. Now she turned to raise her tail in the form of a clenched fist at Ashton. He was putting her in danger!

"Sand attack doesn't work well on a blind foe? Oh, should have guessed that... dang it!"

Deino charged for a Tackle again and finally Ashton had a bright idea. "Hurry!" he said to Aipom as he picked her up and climbed the cliff they had been standing beside. Deino missed them by a couple of inches and ran straight into the cliff instead. The impact made it a bit dizzy, but it shook its head and seemed to relocate its opponents soon again because it raised its head as if it was looking at them on top of the cliff.

"We have to use our environments if we're going to win!" Ashton concluded, a little smile showing on his mouth. This was exciting after all. Aipom in his arms didn't feel quite as optimistic.

Deino fired another beam of what the PokéPad identified as Dragon Rage at them. Ashton dove down behind the top of the cliff and the beam hit the stone, blasting parts of it off. "Ugh... wait, he's sensing our movements somehow through hearing and vibrations in the ground, right? I've got an idea." He quickly whispered it to Aipom.

They popped up on the top of the cliff again and saw Deino stomp the ground angrily. It wasn't giving up. It opened its mouth. "It's going to fire again!" Ashton said and blinked at his pokémon. He threw her up in the air... then he shouted: "Hey, dino! Come and get me if you can!"

Deino's beam went towards him and he just barely managed to duck in time, feeling the crackling energy zoom over him and fry a couple of the hairs on his head. Then he looked up again just in time to see Aipom land on the dragon pokémon with a focused Scratch attack.

Deino was hit badly in its face and backed up a little. "Again!" Ashton shouted, and Aipom closed in and performed another Scratch attack, this time on Deino's neck. Somehow it was clear that this Aipom had been in the care of humans for a while and learned the basics of battling, while this Deino had only roamed the cave and battled without much structure before. But it charged with a Tackle again at the same time as Aipom charged a third Scratch attack.

But Ashton wanted to see if an old trick worked, and jumped down from the cliff and pushed his pokémon aside just before Deino once again ran into the stone instead of his foe. A second crush to his head, combined with the Scratches he had received, seemed to finally make Deino weak. Aipom still readied another Scratch attack, because Deino opened its mouth to fire yet another Dragon Rage... but the crackling soon stopped and the dragon pokémon fell to the ground instead. It had nearly fainted.

"You... did it!" Ashton said. "Unbelievable."

Aipom cheered, but then turned to stare at her trainer. "Oh, I mean, it's just... it's a dragon. Dragon's are supposed to be very powerful aren't they? But you beat it. You're stronger than a dragon, Aipom!"

That reply seemed to make Aipom content and she crossed her arms with a proud smile, watching her fallen foe wiggle on the cavern floor in front of her.

"Let's hope it's really gotten so tired as it seems," Ashton said as he put forth one of the empty pokéballs that professor Sequoia had given to him. He threw it at the Deino and watched it get sucked inside in form of energy. Then he crossed his fingers.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @TiTaN.JuStIn - I'm not too happy with the inclusion of Team Rocket, as I'm not planning on involving any crime syndicates in this rp, however as long as you don't pull them in later than it's alright, and you're accepted.

@RHCP - Another awesome post, I really liked Ashton and Aipom's interactions, and definitely liked Ashton's incompetence. Great use of creativity and environment as well, I was hoping for someone to catch a Deino. Overall in incredibly post!

Ashton caught a lv. 4 male Deino with the egg move Thunder Fang (ability: Hustle)
    Aipom grew to lv. 6!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: I think I'll make up a "NPC" rival for Ashton that may come back in later chapters... if that is alright :3))

chapter 1 - part III

Ashton had cheered for quite a while after the capture of Deino, and Aipom had been okay with it because she knew that he knew that it was thanks to her. They had gone back to the lab and professor Sequoia had praised Ashton for doing so well so early on. Full of self-confidence and with a bright smile on his lips, Ashton then left the lab to go and heal his pokémon at the pokémon center, as the prof had instructed him to. It was another metal building but not as large and imposing as the lab. Inside, things were very modern though and several people were there, chatting. He could see that one of them had a dragon pokémon out of its pokéball. It stared at Aipom and Ashton as they went past the dragon on their way to the main counter. Ashton sneakily took up his PokéPad and identified the pokémon as a Dratini. It looked like a worm. But a quite cute worm.

The nurse behind the counter was shining of kindness and took Deino's pokéball from the boy in order to heal the pokémon inside. Aipom didn't want to go back to the confines of her pokéball but she agreed on doing so just to be healed quicker.

While waiting, Ashton sat down on a bench and just thought about how glorious and strong he was, having beated a dragon in his very first match as a trainer. He overheard a conversation behind his back.

"So that's your new Dratini, Lucas? What a beauty!"

"Yes, I only captured her the other day but she respects me already. I think she will become a valuable team member eventually."

"Have you already captured a full team of six?"

"No, but I am certainly on my way there. I am thinking of traveling for a while to collect more exotic species than the ones found around Blackthorn for my splendid team."

Ashton blinked while hearing this. Who was talking? He sounded like he had a rough pole stuck up his arse... Slowly, Ashton turned around to see Dratini's trainer talking. It was a boy of approximately the same height and age as Ashton. "What a prick..." Ashton thought out loud.

"What was that?" one of the villagers talking to Dratini's trainer said.

"Oh, nothing at all!" Ashton quickly said and stood up. "What a... fragile looking dragon you've got there," he couldn't hep saying then.

The dark haired boy's eyes narrowed. "Fragile, you say?"

"Yeah... A Deino could probably rip it to pieces any day."

"Don't mind that braggart," one of the people standing beside Dratini said, but the dark haired boy took some steps towards Ashton.

"Who is making such assumptions, if I may ask?"

"Name's Ashton Kutcher... I mean Ashton Elden. I'm a pokémon trainer." Ashton put his hands on his shoulders to look imposing.

It didn't seem to work on the other boy. "Huh. I am Lucas Tek, an ancestor of the old dragon masters of Blackthorn. Nice to meet you, I guess."

"Ancestor to some old guys, eh? Doesn't sound like much fun," Ashton joked.

Lucas didn't take it as a joke. "If I may ask," he said again. "Would you care to back up those words you said before? About a Deino ripping my Dratini to pieces?"

Ashton shrugged. "You WANT me to smash down your dragon? Pfft, if you insist. I've already beaten one dragon today, what is two?"

A smile suddenly appeared in Lucas' face. But it wasn't a kind one. "Already beaten one... well. If you are bold enough, then meet me outside in a few minutes for a battle."

And he nodded and walked out from the pokémon center, some of his buddies following.

"But... but it's RAINING outside!" Ashton called after him to no avail. "Oh, dang it. What did I just do?"

The nurse called on him. His pokémon were fresh and healthy again. Ashton took them and exited the pokémon center, wondering what he had gotten himself into, really. Lucas was there, staring at him when he came out. At least it had stopped raining. The sun was almost shining through the dark clouds above.

"Let us begin. 1 on 1, just and fair."

"Alright!" Ashton said. "You send out your pokémon first, then!"

"Certainly," Lucas said and motioned for Dratini to move in on the battlefield. "Do your best, Dratini."

"Go, Deino!" Ashton said and threw Deino's pokéball out in front of him. Deino came out and materialized before them, the pokéball seeking its way back through the air into Ashton's hand. Deino looked around (of course it didn't "look", but it sensed its surroundings) and seemed to realize that Ashton was there.

"Deino, let's win this! Start with..." he glanced on the PokéPad and tried to remember what he had seen in Dragon's Den. "Tackle!"

Deino charged forward... but not towards Dratini. Towards Ashton! "No, no! Wrong way! You're supposed to attack the other dragon, not me!" Deino only slightly hesitated, but turned in the last second to face Dratini instead.

"Not a very obedient pokémon you have there," Lucas commented. "May I guess... this was the dragon you beat earlier today? So it is newly captured and have not been in any battles with you before?"

"No... but he's strong! I've seen what he can do. If we combine our forces, Deino, then we can beat any other dragon!" The last part, he said directly to his pokémon. Deino didn't seem to really listen though.

"Ugh..." Ashton sighed.

"That is amusing," Lucas said, smiling. "But it is a well known fact that you have to train to become stronger. Alas that I would be the one to face this task, to train your dragon by battling it. You should have picked a weaker opponent to start off with." His friends laughed a little.

Ashton was starting to fume from listening to this prat's silly language. "Come on already!"

"As you wish. Dratini, Leer!" Lucas said and straightened up. Dratini gave Deino an intense stare...

"Clearly you haven't battled enough dragons either," Ashton said smugly. "Deinos are blind."

"Clearly you have not lived for long at all," Lucas said. "Leer is not just a fancy glancing attack. It sends vibes of energy through the air... that even a Deino picks up."

And indeed, Deino seemed affected. "No way..." Ashton mumbled. "It doesn't matter. Deino, use that Dragon Rage now!"

Deino looked back at Ashton and opened his mouth. "No, no! Still, at Dratini, not at me! I'm your trainer!"

Deino seemed a bit angry over having to obey someone's orders, but did as he was told and fired the crackling energy beam towards Dratini. It hit and seemed powerful.

"Hm," Lucas said. "Not bad at all. Dratini, can you continue?"

Dratini sharpened up and stared back at Deino, instantly giving it another Leer. "Good," Lucas smiled. "Now, use Thunder Wave!"

A blast of electricity hit Deino and made it stumble. "Ah..." Ashton gulped.

"It is paralyzed," Lucas told him.

"He can make it anyways, he's just that stubborn! Aren't you, Deino?"

Deino once again "looked" back at its new trainer without saying anything.

"Come on now, show them a Thunder Fang!"

Lucas' content face faded a little. "Thunder Fang? So it is a special Deino."

Deino struggled but made his way forward and reached Dratini. But there, the paralysis took him over and he couldn't perform his Thunder Fang attack.

"Keep going! Try again!" Ashton shouted.

Lucas shook his head. "Dratini, Wrap," he said, and his pokémon wrapped its long body around Deino and squeezed hard. Deino let out a squeal.

"That can't hurt much! Try Thunder Fang again and you'll beat it!" Ashton said from the other side of the battlefield.

"Wrap your tail around its jaws!" Lucas said quickly. Dratini did so and Deino couldn't manage to open its mouth!

"Now, wrap it tighter and kill it."

"Kill?!?" Ashton screamed.

"No, that is just a way of speaking," Lucas said.

"How is that 'just a way of speaking'?!?"

Dratini tightened the wrap in a pulsating movement, and Deino squealed louder through its closed mouth and finally... fainted.

"How can two Wrap attacks kill my Deino?" Ashton shouted, confused, and ran over to his dragon, which Dratini was just crawling away from.

"Leer," Lucas said and patted his own dragon. "It may not be visible, but it makes your pokémon hesitate and that makes it weaker. You lost, but your Deino seems strong. Maybe if the trainer gets a bit smarter, he will be able to win his next match."

Ashton sat down on the ground beside Deino as Lucas left the scene. He patted the pokémon that had fainted twice this day. "What a rough life you lead..." he mumbled to it. "I'm sorry..."

The sun now shone through the clouds, which were breaking up to reveal the blue sky above them. Sunlight fell down on the street outside of the pokémon center.

"But we will train. And we will beat trainers. A lot of them. You'll see," Ashton said, sounding determined... but even though he spoke the words aloud to inspire himself, it didn't completely work. He felt useless for losing his first real battle. Beating one wild dragon maybe wasn't enough to show that you were strong. He mindlessly patted the Deino again. Suddenly, a pair of fangs struck his hand.

"OOOWCH!!"

Deino was alive and kicking, at least.

He took the dragon back to the pokémon center and didn't say much as the nurse accepted it and treated its wounds for the second time that day. She also treated the wound on his left hand and didn't ask how he got it. She probably guessed right anyways.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @RHCP - Pfft Ashton seems to think he's made of salt and will melt in the rain xD Again a great battle, and I like Lucas, hopefully Ashton Kutcher could get some tact beaten into him, he doesn't seem so good at it.

Deino grew to lv. 7!

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Chapter One
    Post #1
    Isobelle Tyrone, Blackthorn City

Isobelle Tyrone's hazel brown eyes peered at the relatively small city that was laid out before her, not quite believing she was actually here in Blackthorn City, in the hopes that she was about to begin something new. Still quite unsure of how she was actually going to carry out this Pokemon training attempt, her father gave her a bit of encouragement, having accompanied his eldest daughter from their home in Cianwood City. A large pale blue Pokemon walked beside the father and daughter pair, who also gave some comfort to Isobelle, having known the Poliwhirl for as long as she could remember.

Isobelle recognized the notable red roofed Pokemon Center, making a mental note that she might need to visit it later as she followed her father down the main street. He'd been here only a couple of times before, strictly for business, in an attempt to try and sell off a few extra Pokemon eggs that he had bred, which didn't go so well. Apparently Blackthorn residents still had a hang up about Dragon type Pokemon. At least he knew where he was going, although Isobelle thought she'd have been able to find her way around without much difficulty. Blackthorn wasn't that big. The young girl could see the large metal building coming into view that was their destination. It was her father that stopped short of the building, turning to face his daughter with a proud smile on his face. Isobelle had never been truly at home with goodbyes, especially with her father.

"You've got everything you need then Belle?" Mark Tyrone asked, turning to look at his daughter. "I've got to catch the early bus back to Olivine so I get back to Cianwood in time. I think we'll have a couple more eggs sold, a man's who's come from Unova is coming to have a look."

"That sounds good Dad," Isobelle replied, clutching her dark blue backpack which she had slung over one shoulder. "Mum made sure I had everything and I can always buy anything else I need."

The goodbye was all over in a matter of minutes and Isobelle ended up finding out that Poliwhirl was more emotional about goodbyes than her father was. She gave the water Pokemon a hug, in which he hugged her back in a strong embrace.

"Take care, Belle, remember to call home if you need anything," Her father told her before he had to coax Poliwhirl away towards the nearest bus stop. Isobelle nodded, trying to appear confident when really, she had some doubt about the whole training thing. She didn't even know if she could actually pull it off. Sure, she'd been around Pokemon most of her life but she'd never tried being part of a team with them. That was something entirely different.

The Professor's laboratory appeared to loom overhead as Isobelle took each step towards the door. She took a deep breath, arranged her hair into a neat pony tail and tidied herself before knocking three times on the door. It wasn't long before the handle turned inside and the door slid open, a young man appearing inside. Isobelle gave her best, unerving smile towards the young man.

"Hiya, my name's Isobelle Tyrone, I'm meant to start Pokemon training today," she said, not knowing any other way to plainly put it. The young man, who's sandy hair caught her eye, mumbled a hello before ushering her inside.

Inside the lab, it's appearance appeared fairly typical of what you'd imagine a Pokemon lab to be like. Neat, clean and impersonal. Isobelle eyed the posters on the wall that pictured and described various Dragon type Pokemon, a couple who were unfamiliar to Isobelle. She followed the man, who introduced himself as Jonah, into a seemingly large room, decorated with the same theme as the rest of laboratory. The lady who seemed to be busying herself with paperwork looked up as Jonah and Isobelle approached.

"Who do we have here?" Professor Sequoia looked up from her work, smoothing the creases on her labcoat. Out of all the adults Isobelle knew, Professor Sequoia seemed to be the most professional out of all of them.

"This is Isobelle Tyrone, here for a Pokemon," Jonah replied quietly as he took a place off to the side.

"Welcome Isobelle," The Professor smiled warmly as she picked up a file, reading off of it. "How was the trip from Cianwood?"

"It was fine, thank you," Isobelle replied respectfully.

Professor Sequoia nodded somewhat approvingly as she scanned the file before heading towards a table that held red and white spheres.

"This is the Pokemon that has been chosen for you, a Meowth" She handed the ball to Isobelle, who took it gingerly in her hands. It was brimming with a warm glow and the small smile on Isobelle's face was noticable.

"You will also be issued with a License Chip," Isobelle watched as the Professor collected a small object in the shape of a stapler. Only vaguely familiar with this kind of technology, Isobelle unknowingly held out her right hand. "You should only feel a small pinch." Isobelle only flinched slightly as the microchip was placed under the skin on her hand. Pulling her hand away, she peered at her palm, unable to see anything at all.
    After the Professor explained the uses of the License Chip, she handed Isobelle five empty Pokeballs and a small tablet device she called a 'PokePad'.

"The PokePad is a pretty ingenious little device," The Professor continued. "It acts as a Pokedex, map and a phone. You make sure you call me if you have any questions."
    Isobelle nodded along with everything the Professor outlined. She didn't have much to say in reply but a noticable excitement was rising inside of her. She'd seen a Meowth before, an older lady who lived down the street from her had one who'd been with her for many years although all she could remember about it was how fluffy it's fur had been.

"I'm sending all the new trainers down into the Dragon's Den and I'd like to invite you to head down there too," The Professor continued.

"Oh the other trainers are down there?" Isobelle replied, noticing the small number of Pokeballs left on the table.

"Yes and along with that, you may even come across some wild Pokemon."

Before she knew it, the Professor was seeing her to a door at the back of the lab, explaining that this door led to the den.

"A congratulations is in order for having the courage to come this far. Remember, if you need anything, use your PokePad."

"Thank you Professor," Isobelle replied as she exchanged smiles with the Professor and nodding her thanks to Jonah before she slipped through the door.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Chapter One
    Post #2
    Isobelle Tyrone, Dragon's Den

The Dragon's Den was the perfect place to take a breather and reflect on what Isobelle had just experienced, though taking into account that the Den did have a kind of creepy aura to the place. It was also filled with mystery though, having been told that Dragon type Pokemon would be lurking within the shadows of the large cavern.

Isobelle crouched on the damp ground underneath one of the many electric lights that lined the pathway, dropping her backpack by her side before coming, once more, face to face with the Pokeball she had been given. It hardly registered that inside was the Pokemon she now owned, her partner for the beginning of her journey as a Pokemon Trainer.

"Pokemon Trainer," she mumbled to herself, the words not sounding exactly right when Isobelle pictured herself. She took her time, now having decided to sit cross-legged on the ground, examining the Pokeball, wondering whether or not she should press the small white button.

"Can't lose if you don't try, I guess," she said out loud. Isobelle could hear her words slightly bounce around the cavern as she settled the ball on the ground infront of her. Gingerly, she leant forward and pressed the button. In an instant, white light flashed from the ball, Isobelle's face illuminated for an instant. Her partner Pokemon materialised in seconds, blinking as it's large eyes adjusted to the dim light of the Den. It's creme coloured coat indicated the Pokemon to be in excellent health whilst it's ears pricked at the tiniest sound echoing from the cave. It could obviously hear the other trainers who were somewhere within the cavern.

Isobelle, whilst she felt somewhat taken back that she now had to attempt to befriend and then train this small cat-like Pokemon, couldn't help but smile at the Meowth as it took it's time stretching and scanning the cave. Lastly, the feline's eyes came to rest upon her trainer. So far, so good. At least the Meowth hadn't run away yet.

"Hi Meowth," Isobelle cleared her throat, beginning to introduce herself to her Pokemon. "My name's Isobelle. Professor Sequoia gave you to me and I was hoping to begin Pokemon training. Well, I'll try, anyway."

The young Meowth sat still for a moment on all fours, as if contemplating Isobelle's attempt at befriending the Pokemon. She cocked her head to the side before the tip of her small pink tongue stuck out of her mouth. Isobelle had to stifle a giggle as the Meowth's brow turned into a frown.

"Sorry," Isobelle choked between giggles, "But that's a pretty funny face."

The Meowth pulled back for a second, shocked that this fresh faced trainer would even think about laughing at her before she relaxed, taking a step forward and settling herself in Isobelle's lap. Surprised, Isobelle moved her hand slowly and began to pat Meowth's soft fur. It was not long before Meowth began to purr.

The pair stayed like that for a short while, the dim light surprisingly comforting. It seemed to Isobelle that she had formed somewhat of an unspoken bond with Meowth. Not fully whole but it was a start, never the less. Isobelle started to feel like she could have stayed in that spot with her purring Meowth for a little while longer, it was only because they quite rudely interrupted that Isobelle and her now annoyed Meowth were made to move.

It was Meowth's ears which started to prick at the small sound of footsteps. It was more of a plod rather than anything, although a plod with a bit of force to it. Occasionally, there was a mutter or a mumble of something that sounded like a foreign language to Isobelle. Meowth however, picked it up as belonging to a Pokemon. Which kind, she couldn't tell. Isobelle and Meowth both looked at eachother before Meowth hopped off her trainer's lap and started in the direction of the odd noise, indicating that Isobelle should follow.

"Uh, okay, let's go see what it is," Isobelle scooped up her bag and accompanied Meowth who trotted at her heels. The pair had to follow the path quite a way down into the cavern before they even came close to deciphering the words Isobelle could hear. It was clear that it was the same word, repeated over and over again. Isobelle had picked up on Meowth's knowledge that it must be a Pokemon of some kind, maybe even one of the rare Dragon types the Professor had been talking about! Excitement rising inside of her, Isobelle began to carefully place her steps, ensuring that she was as quiet as possible, so to not scare off any unsuspecting Pokemon. Meowth hardly made any noise herself, being so light on her paws.

The closer they got, the easier it was to make out that whatever was making the sound appeared to be quite demanding. Whilst being careful not to trip on any uneven ground, it was as Isobelle rounded a corner, blinded by a large rock and it was Meowth who stopped in her tracks, knowing they were too close. Isobelle kept moving, Meowth's small cry leaving her mouth too late before she found herself stepping right into the tracks of a very surprised Bagon.

"Bagon! Bay, Bagon!" The Dragon type was still quite young but instantly emmited a ferocious temper that was equal to what you'd expect from it's final evolution. It was even louder in person too. Isobelle got quite a shock, never having laid eyes upon this species of Pokemon before. She stood frozen on the spot, whilst Meowth arched her back and hissed, trying to be as dominating as she could.

"Meowth," Isobelle whispered, her eyes not moving from the Bagon who stood with it's paws on it's hips, teeth bared. "Back away and run," she ordered.

Meowth, however, had others ideas. She wasn't a trainer's Pokemon for nothing and wanted very much to please this new girl she had taken an instant liking too. She may want to run away but Meowth knew, she didn't know what she was on about. Instead, Meowth took slow but solid steps and placed herself between the Bagon and Isobelle, who still stood frozen on the spot.

"Meowth! No! Your going in the wrong direction! Go the other-" Isobelle stopped, suddenly noticing that Meowth seemed to do the thing she was dreading. Meowth wanted to face off against the Bagon. It was obvious that the Bagon wouldn't run away either, it's bold nature too strong to allow it to run from a fight. The only option for Isobelle would be to battle. It was the one thing she was uncertain of when it came to Pokemon training. There was no way she'd be able to get out of this.

Before she had even uttered the words, the wild Bagon, with it's teeth bared, lunged towards Meowth, who quickly stood on two legs, claws flared as she braced for the attack. The Bagon missed Meowth's claws by an inch, latching onto her left foreleg, forcing her to cry out in pain. Bagon's Bite attack was used with full force. Meowth's cry brought Isobelle back down to earth, forcing her to react just as the Bagon let go, jumping back to take up it's position once more opposite it's opponents. Meowth dropped her shoulder as the pain of the bite pulsated through her body. Luckily the Bagon's attack didn't draw any blood though Isobelle could see Meowth wouldn't recover in time.

Isobelle's eyes shot towards the blue Dragon, noticing quickly that it was about to charge with another Bite attack.

"Here goes nothing! Meowth, uhh..." Isobelle's eyes widened as she realised she had no idea what attacks her Meowth could use. What use would she be in a battle if she had no knowledge of all kinds of Pokemon. Isobelle made a mental note to spend some time with her PokePad before she quickly made a connection between an attack and Meowth's claws. "Meowth, use Scratch!"

Glad to have some direction to follow, Meowth lunged forward, ignoring the pain shooting from her hurt foreleg and slashed with her good paw at the Bagon's face, who seemed utterly stunned only for a moment. Bagon took only a second to recover before taking advantage of Meowth's close proximity, using Bite in the same spot. Bagon seemed unaware of the pain that should have been shooting across it's face, Meowth's claws having left a red path across it's muzzle. Isobelle found she was holding her breath, watching in fear as Meowth stood once again, only too slowly to be well enough to fight.

"Meowth, I don't want you to get hurt any more!" She said to her Pokemon, fists clenched. "Let's run!"

Meowth didn't look anything like she was ready to run from this fight though. She turned her head briefly to glare at Isobelle before lunging forward for another Scratch attack. This just allowed the Bagon to furiously engage another Bite attack. This would not help their case. Isobelle hastily rummaged in her backpack for the PokePad she had stored earlier, bringing up the Pokedex, trying as fast as she could to locate Meowth's attacks. Three choices appeared, Scratch, which she now knew about, Growl, which Isobelle didn't think would do any good and one she hadn't heard of, called Retaliate.

"What's Retaliate?" She bemused out loud. Meowth's ears instantly pricked at the mention of the attack she knew. Lashing out with all her might, Meowth's Retaliate attack took the Bagon by full surprise and as she continued to beat her opponent down, it was obvious the Bagon was finally beginning to feel the pain of the earlier Scratch attacks and this impressive Retaliate. Meowth finally stepped away as the Bagon dropped to the ground, it's eyes trained on Isobelle, a scowl on it's face. Meowth's breathing was severely laboured and with every movement she winced at the pain. For two young Pokemon, both of them had their hearts in this battle.

"Meowth, use Scratch one more time," Isobelle asked rather than commanded, worried that Meowth could not go any further. She did however, moving closer to Bagon before lashing out once more. Bagon cried out in pain before dropping it's head, closing it's eyes as it seemed to be trying to find the strength to carry on. Isobelle had a plan, however. She dug an empty Pokeball out of her backpack, eyes trained on the fallen Bagon. Quickly, she sent the ball towards the Bagon and within an instant it disappeared inside the ball, knocking side to side quietly as the ball continuosly pinged away. As she waited to see if the ball would stop moving or not, she scooped Meowth up into her arms, who gratefully accepted the help from her trainer.

"Just hang on Meowth," Isobelle cooed as Meowth's tired looking eyes stared at her. The pair then looked at the Pokeball, still rocking slowly on the ground.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • We now have an OOC for any questions, OOC comments and tomfoolery! In the first post I will also keep track of your character and Pokemon and such. It can be found here.

@Breezy. - I'll just judge both your posts in one. The first one was awesome, I really liked the look you gave us into Belle's head, and you portrayed Professor Sequoia and Jonah really well too.
    As for the second post, oh my. That is one stubborn Meowth. I really liked the bonding period between Meowth and Isobelle, as well as the latter's learning process during the battle, it was all just really well-done.

Isobelle received a Meowth!
    Meowth grew to lv. 6 and learned Bite!
    Isobelle caught a lv. 5 male Bagon with the Egg Move Endure!

@Wonderfulpat - Wow, that was an great battle! I liked your use of Tail Whip as a diversion, and also great use of cameo, featuring Ashton, I really liked that too.

Evos (Eevee) grew to lv. 8 and learned Sand Attack!

Last edited:

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
    Years
  • "Finally!" – said Richard loudly. After 3 days of riding a ferry, traveling with a car, he finally arrived at the place where his journey would start. The Blackthorn City. Richard was awestricken when he looked at the old brick houses and their unique roofs. Richard heard that Blackthorn City was quite an old-fashioned city with traditional background and mountains surrounding it. These mountains were hard to pass, but with their car, they managed to go through the pass in a few hours. Richard got off the black car.

He breathed in deeply. The air was fresh and cool. It was wonderful. The chill and calm wind blew and Richard liked it. This place was something. Richard knew that this used to be the city, which hosted the last gym, and few trainers managed to go that far. But starting from that one city was something awkward. He went through the old stone road until he saw two buildings differently designed.

One was a building with a bright red roof and a Pokeball sign on the top. Richard already knew what this building was. Any trainer should know that a PokeCenter is a place where your pokemon are healed. - Richard thought. But the other structure was something worth mentioning. It was a bigger metal building, which Richard guessed was his destination. Richard smiled. This must be Professor Sequoia's lab.

Richard went to the door and slowly opened it. He went inside. The lab was a clean and neat place, with desks full of paper, and strange machines. In the middle of the room was sitting a woman in middle 40s with black and gray hair. Right beside her was a sandy-haired young man, who Richard guessed was Professor Sequoia's assistant. He trotted towards the woman, who was about to stand.

"Are you Professor Sequoia?"- Richard asked.

"Yes. That's me. Hello there." – answered Professor Sequoia and added - "You must be one of the kids who signed for the Johto League."

"Yes. My name is Richard by the way."- Richard said, smiling.

"Richard Jason Hope. I've got the right pokemon ready for you." – the professor replied and handed over a bright red and white ball to Richard.

Richard nervously grabbed the ball. He was shocked when he held a ball that was so light, that it felt like a feather. He scanned it. It was a clean shining ball with bright red color on the top and white on the bottom. In the middle was a gray button, just like in the older pokeballs. Richard slowly pressed the button. Suddenly the ball opened and out from it came a white light. It landed on the floor gracefully and stayed there until it materialized. The light faded and right in front of Richard was green turtle with a brown and black shell. It had yellow stumps and a twig was on its head. Richard was surprised. The first pokemon that he received from Professor Sequoia was a Sinnoh starter, the region where he came from. It was a Turtwig.

"Twig!" – cried the creature with delight and looked at Richard. It had green eyes, which were staring at him with curiosity. The turtle tilted his head a bit and stared at me. Richard couldn't close his mouth. He suddenly remembered the day when he received his very first pokemon, Salamander. His mom just gave him a pokeball one day and said that this pokemon from now on was going to be his personal guardian. Richard smiled even wider. Too bad his pokemon couldn't see what he was seeing. Richard knew that Salamander, his Charmander, would have been happy seeing his owner being so happy.

"We decided to give you a Turtwig because we heard that you were from Sinnoh. This boy is quite energetic, so be careful." Richard snapped back to reality when he heard Professor Sequoia's words.

"Okay, Professor." – replied Richard and looked at the Turtwig. The Turtwig was now running towards its new owner. It suddenly jumped towards Richard, making him fall back. The Turtwig then playfully bit his arm, Richard giggling happily a bit. Then he stood up and stared at the Turtwig once again.

"I think I'm gonna name you." – said Richard. He wondered a bit about the names. He didn't want to give a common name like Leaf or Turtwig to his new pokemon. He wanted something special. "How about I name you Terra?"

The turtle shook its head. Richard was disappointed. Then he asked: "How about Lara?"

The turtle shook its head again. Richard thought that he was giving this turtle names that it didn't like. Then he heard something from Professor Sequoia: "This Turtwig is a boy. Don't give him such names."

"Oh, sorry. I was used to calling my female Charizard, so I thought this pokemon was also a girl." – said Richard, blushing a bit. He just made a silly mistake. And the turtle didn't seem to be too happy. Richard thought again. Something really good. Really nice. Not a bad name. Then he snapped his fingers and asked: "How about I name you Twinleaf? I like your leaves."

The Turtle made a thinking face. Seconds passed then it smiled wildly and nodded. "Twig!" – it cried loudly and jumped at his trainer again. Richard only stumbled back this time and laughed. He dropped the turtle and said: " All right, Twinleaf! We leave right now!"

"Wait!" Richard turned around to see Professor Sequoia holding a strange device. "You forgot this." – she said.

"What is that for?" – Richard asked as he grabbed the small device.

"This is PokePad – our now development. It works as a machine to record Pokemons' data and give it to you, just like Pokedex." – Professor replied.

"Ohhhh~ I see." – Richard blinked as he carefully examined the new device.

"One more thing." – Professor Sequoia added, grabbing something which looked like a stapler gun. Richard saw as the professor grabbed his hand and put it on the device. He grunted as he felt pain from his hand. He then examined what the professor has done to his arm. Right on left hand was planted a strange small microchip. "That's a license chip. You'll need that to use the pokemon centers and battle gym leaders." – Professor explained with a serious look.

"Okay. But did it have to be painful? I don't have painkillers with me." – complained Richard.

"Unless you want it to get lost and ruin your progress as a pokemon trainer." – Professor said.

"All right. Now, can I have a clue here to know where do I have to head next?" – asked Richard, looking at Twinleaf, who was sniffing his jeans.

"You should visit Dragon's Den to check your pokemon's abilities. Maybe you could train him a bit too." – replied the Professor.

"Okay then. Thanks, Professor." – said Richard.

"You're welcome." – she smiled.

"Goodbye." – Richard said his farewells and left the lab. The sun was still high and it was time to check the Dragon's Den as Professor Sequoia suggested.

"Okay, Twinleaf. To the Dragon's Den." – said Richard and looked at the turtwig. "Twig!" was his answer and together they trotted towards the cave on the north. And so Richard's first pokemon journey started.

Years
  • Chapter 1 Part 1

Ally couldn't believe how lucky she was to be chosen to have her own pokemon and her parents supported her in this because they knew that she wanted to either become a professor or a breeder after she was done traveling. She had her light brown hair in a high ponytail with the pink streak of hair loose. She had finally made it to the lab in Blackthron City and couldn't wait to get her pokemon. She walked into the lab and looked around, trying to take everything in before her eyes settled on Professor Sequioa.

She walked over to the professor and said, "Hello, I'm Ally Whindim." She was then given a pokeball with Joltik in it. She felt a light pinch when she was given her license chip but she didn't flinch. She was also given a pokepad and 5 empty pokeballs by the assistant, Johan. She was also told that she could explore the first level of Dragon's Den. She was happy that she might be able to catch some more pokemon and learn more about them. She walked out the back of the lab and into the Dragon's Den cave, hoping to catch more pokemon.

Chapter 1 Part 2

Ally walked through the cave, already letting Joltik out of its pokeball so that it could walk beside her. Joltik on the other hand decided to climb onto her shoulder and ride on it as she walked, which made her giggle. "I guess you can ride along." She joked as she walked through the cave.

She was happy to just be able to walk around and spend time with other pokemon. After a bit, a wild Gible ran up to her and tried to attack her. She was able to move out of the way and let Joltik down. "Joltik use Thunder Wave." She said as she pulled out her pokepad and went to the pokedex part because she wanted to know more about the Gible she had ran into. She found out that it was a level 3 Gible and hoped that she would be able to catch it.

The wild Gible tried to dodge the thunder wave, but was hit by it. "Ok, Joltik now use Charge beam." She said, and Joltick powered up to use charge beam and this gave the wild Gible enough time to move to the right and miss the charge beam that was aimed at it. The wild Gible then tried to use tackle put it was moving so slowly from the paralyze that was affecting it that Joltik was able to dodge it a bit. Ally decided that she would try and catch it now. She through a pokeball at the Gible hoping to catch it.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Titan.Justin - That was a great post, your portrayal of Professor Sequoia was very nice to read, and I'll look forward to your next post.

Richard received a Turtwig! (Twinleaf)

EDIT:

@FantasyKilala - Oh, pardon, I missed you there. Those posts were really too short of my liking. Try really describing everything, such as the exchange with Professor Sequoia, and don't be afraid to give NPCs dialogue. Right now you're really just globally describing what is happening to your character, try to get inside Ally's mind. What does she think? Why did she decide to try and catch the Gible? And what did she think of it in the first place?And the battle really was too short to capture a rare Pokemon. You also can't decide the level of the Pokemon for yourself, it's the reason you need to end the post with the ball wiggling, I will decide, by the quality of the post, if you catch it and how strong it will be. I'd suggest you read some of the previous posts in this thread as an example of what I'd like to see.

Ally received a Joltik!
    The ball shook for a moment before opening up again, the Gible escaped!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    chapter 1 - part IV

Night was falling already and Ashton still hadn't left Blackthorn City. It was no use going out on the countryside now anyways. He wondered, panicking for a while, where he was supposed so sleep. Should he put up his little tent in the garden outside the pokémon center? That last sentence, he apparently had thought aloud, for a nurse who just passed him giggled a little before she explained that trainers with a pokédex were allowed to stay in a room at any pokémon center around Johto for free. Ashton immediately shone up. A real bed! Then he realized how quickly he'd learned to be happy for such a small thing. He wondered what he would be like after a few weeks in the outdoors...

Inside the room, he let Aipom out to sleep on the second pillow on the bed. She crawled in underneath the pillow and fell asleep rather quickly. Ashton shook his head but smiled. He debated letting Deino out as well, but decided against it when he realized that there were many chewable things there that Deino probably wouldn't leave be.

He slept like a log. The next morning, he made his way downstairs back to the main hall of the pokémon center, stomach gurgling.

"Breakfast?" he asked a nurse, unfortunately the same that had met him yesterday.

"No can do," she said. "Try buying some at a café?"

Buying. Yes, if there was something Ashton didn't have to worry about, it was money. His parents had given him a rich amount as he left home, and they promised to send more whenever he needed it. He felt a bit lighter, instantly. He had never gone to a café alone before, but it went quite well. He bought a large cup of hot chocolate and a big sandwich. Aipom jumped up on the table and tried to grab some of his food.

"No, that's mine!" he snapped, then realized that she was probably hungry as well. "What do pokémon eat?"

After breakfast, he went to a pokémart and browsed the shelves there for a long while. Eventually, a worker came up to him. "Excuse me, can I help you?"

"Pokémon food... what do they eat?" he asked. "I've never fed pokémon before."

"Oh, there are lots of sorts of pokémon food! For the beginning trainer, it's probably best to start with the basic general stuff," the worker said and went over to a certain shelf. "Pokéfood 2.0, it goes down and it doesn't come up again, they say about it, hehe!"

"What is this?" Ashton asked, pointing at an elaborate box on the far end of the shelf, with a strange symbol on it.

"Oh, that's the more advanced pokémon food... specially made for different types of pokémon since they have different needs... it's very expensive." The last words, the worker said with a snotty tone. "But anyways, this Pokéfood 2.0 is our bestseller and it does work for any type really, makes them stay alive and-"

"I'll take one box for dragons and one for... monkeys?" Ashton said and looked at Aipom, sitting on his shoulder. "What type are you, really?" he mumbled and took up his PokéPad.

The worker dropped his jaw. "Eh... you're taking a whole box?"

"Two," Ashton replied and nodded. "One for dragons and one for normal types!"

A couple of minutes later, he went out from the pokémart, having paid a hefty sum for the fine food and put down two boxes in his, luckily, big backpack. "Breakfast now?" he asked a happy Aipom.

As the sun rose higher on a cloudless sky, they sat down on a lawn at the edge of the city and let Deino out. He didn't really have plates for them, but he put some food on the lid of the boxes and let the pokémon eat from there. As he put down Deino's plate, he said: "Don't eat the whole lid now! Then we'll have no place to store your food and you'll have to go hungry!"

Deino shook his head and quickly gulped down all of the food in only a few bites. Aipom sighed at him and ate her food more delicately. As Deino closed in on her plate, sneakily, she whipped his head with her tail which caused him to squeal loudly. He then proceeded to chase her around the lawn while Ashton screamed on them to stop. Finally, Ashton sent Deino back into his pokéball and scratched his head. "What a difficult pokémon..." he murmured. Aipom snorted at him and resumed eating her food.

As they sat there, another pokémon came by. It looked like it was playing, because it smiled and looked over its shoulders now and then as if hiding or running from someone. Ashton took up his PokéPad again and identified it as a male Teddiursa. "Cute li'l guy," he said. Aipom looked up and just then, the Teddiursa didn't look carefully enough where it was running and crashed into the monkey. Luckily, she had just finished eating. But she got up with anger. Why wouldn't anyone leave her alone today?

Teddiursa seemed sad for a moment, then tried to cheer the Aipom up. It almost worked. At least, Aipom didn't look angry anymore. Ashton watched the whole scene with wide eyes and his mouth open. "Cool! Let's catch it!" he said now and got to his feet. Aipom immediately smiled meanly and got into fighting stance. Teddiursa didn't seem to understand what was going on.

"Theo?" a voice suddenly called. It was a girl. She came running across the lawn, smiling. She had long, brown hair that was slightly curled and a bright, open face with some freckles. She was wearing a thin, blue dress and brown boots. When she saw the ruckus, her face turned more serious. "What have you done now?"

"I'm sorry," she said, walking up to them and taking the little bear in her arms. "He's a bit playful and doesn't always know if he disturbs people."

"Nothing at all!" Ashton automatically said.

"What?"

"Uh... nevermind." Why did he get so nervous all of a sudden? Wait... because she was a girl, of course. He was never good around girls when he didn't have his friends around him to back him up and make him look cool. And she was rather cute, this girl. Wait what? "I didn't say that aloud, did?"

"Say what aloud?" The girl seemed confused.

"Nothing at all!" Ashton said, finally in the right context, and smiled lousily broadly. "I'm Ashton! Ashton Elden! This is my Aipom and... well we were just chilling around, he didn't disturb us at all!"

Aipom sighed and crossed her arms, standing beside her trainer on the ground.

"Oh, good then," the girl said and smiled again. "My name is Rebecca Lund. Hey, are you a trainer by any chance?"

"Yeah, I just got my first pokémon yesterday," Ashton said without even looking down on Aipom. She was starting to feel ignored by now.

"I only got Theo a couple of days ago as well! Say..." Rebecca's eyes glimmered darkly. "How would you like a battle?"

"Another battle? Gosh, is battling all I do?" Ashton said as if it was agonizing to take up yet another challenge... after his first defeat. Truth was, he didn't really want to get beaten again.

"I'm sorry, are your pokémon tired already?"

"Well..." Aipom jumped up and down, showing her eagerness to battle. Ashton gave her a malcontent glance. "No."

"Let's battle then! One on one?"

"Alright... if you really insist..."

"I do!" Rebecca said and backed off a little. Ashton backed off, reluctantly, as well to form a battlefield on the lawn between them. "You go first!" she then said.

"Hmm..." Ashton grunted and looked down at Aipom. She returned his look, but gave him another one that he was sure told him to cheer up. She could do this! "Yeah... alright. Aipom, you go."

Aipom happily bounced out on the grass and faced Rebecca. "And I'll go with Rattata!" the girl trainer said and threw out a pokéball. A purple mouse pokémon came out. Ashton didn't have to look up this one; he had seen many around Ecruteak and had even seen trainers battle with it.

"Cute," he commented, having expected her to use Teddiursa, really.

"Isn't she?" Rebecca said happily.

"But that ain't enough! Aipom, go with Tail Whip!" Aipom waved her tail to match Rattata's cuteness and overwhelm it. It seemed to work a little as Rattata seemed less eager to attack someone who could suddenly be her playmate instead of her enemy.

"Don't care about that, use Quick Attack!" Rebecca said. Rattata shook her head and stormed forward faster than Aipom or Ashton could see. Suddenly it struck Aipom hard with blinding speed. Aipom got up though, just a little bruised.

Ashton went through possible strategies in his head. That, he realized now, was the most fun part of battling... he thought back to his fight against Deino in Dragon's Den. Use the environment. "Aipom, Sand Attack!"

The monkey hurled up dust from the ground onto Rattata, who was at the moment panting with its mouth open. It got sand in its eyes and coughed a little, while trying to jump blindly away from its enemy as a safety measure. "Rattata, are you ok? Use Tackle!" Rebecca called out.

Rattata, still eyes closed, waggled its tail just as cutely as Aipom had before, and Aipom couldn't help feeling a bit sorry for it. "Now, Tackle!" Rebecca said and Rattata suddenly threw herself forward. But in the wrong direction. "Ack!" Rebecca said, facepalming.

"Sand Attack did its job on foes with eyes," Ashton cheered and blinked at Aipom, who giggled back. "Now, use Scratch!"

Aipom made the tips of her tail as sharp as she could, and raked the mouse hard with it, leaving a few bruises. "Again!" Ashton said, hoping it would be enough.

"Rattata, Bite the tail! It's coming... Now!" Rebecca said. Rattata managed to see again, finally, and was quick enough to bite at the tail just when Aipom swung it in for another Scratch.

"No way!" Ashton yelled.

"Yes way! Keep biting, I can see it's in pain!" Rebecca ordered, and Rattata gave up a smug smile as she bit down harder. Aipom yelled in pain. Its poor tail!

Ashton thought hard. Aipom would faint from the pain at any moment... "Shake it off!" he said and Aipom tried, but it only hurt worse. Ashton's eyebrows lowered. "Well have to try something drastical. Aipom, remember how you jumped at Deino in the cave?"

Aipom tried to concentrate on her trainer's words as she struggled to withstand the pain and get free. Yes, she remembered. "Now, you'll have to use your own force to jump up! Like, bounce!" Ashton yelled with power. He wanted to inspire her, so he jumped up himself, but he didn't get far up.

"What are you playing at?" Rebecca asked, smirking at him. "Be kind to your monkey and give up already!"

But Aipom's eyebrows went down as well. She gathered her power... and bounced up! High up into the sky, a surprised Rattata hanging in her tail behind her.

"Yes! Just like that! Now, use all the force in your tail to smack Rattata down on the ground!"

Aipom didn't have to use all of her force. One simple flick of the tail made the surprised Rattata let go now, as they both started to fall back down. Rebecca gasped.

"And finally, Bounce down on Rattata!" That, Aipom could do. A large, evil smile spread on her face as she and Rattata fell to their doom on the ground. A dust cloud covered them on impact and afterwards, Aipom could be seen walking proudly away from the sad pile of mushed remains that had once been Rattata.

"Oh, my god!" Rebecca called out and run up to her squashed pokémon.

Ashton proudly praised Aipom as she jumped up on her rightful spot on his shoulder. Rebecca cradled the mouse in her arms. "I'll have to take her to the pokemon center immediately," she sighed.

Ashton's content smile faded a little. "What, is is seriously hurt?" he heard himself asking and regretted it a millisecond afterwards, expecting a nasty retort from a hurt trainer.

But Rebecca stayed cool and smiled weakly back at Ashton. "Yeah. That happens in battles. Luckily, pokémon are remarkable when it comes to healing injuries. They can recover quickly from even near-fatal wounds. You'd wish us humans were like that..." she mused and gently stroke the purple fur on the mouse. It cooed weakly.

"How about your Aipom?" she then asked. "Didn't its tail got badly hurt?"

Ashton looked questioningly at his pokémon, who gave him an excusing smile while showing him her red and swollen tail. "Oh my god!" Ashton now burst out. "I'll have to take you to the pokémon center!"

"Be glad that Rattata's fangs don't contain poison," Rebecca told him. "Well, shall we go together? It was a great match by the way. You won majorly."

They started walking, Teddiursa alongside his trainer. "Not that majorly..." Ashton said slowly. He remembered his battle with Lucas Tek... and shuddered. That was losing majorly. But maybe he wasn't useless after all. And not all trainers were stupid pricks like Lucas. He glanced over at the girl who was walking and talking beside him as they walked down the street. Some were really cool.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • RHCP - "It goes down and it doesn't come up again," that is such an awesome slogan xD Another really good post, I really liked the creative way of teaching Aipom Bounce, and seeing Ashton so awkward around girls was nice too (:

Aipom grew to lv. 9 and learned Astonish!

-
    -

Chapter 2: the Ice Path​

The Ice Path stretches between Blackthorn City and Route 44 and, as it's name suggest, is cold. Very cold. There are two tunnels, one of which is an asphalt tunnel for cars and other vehicles to pass through, it's not a very busy road, in fact most traffic coming through are supply trucks for the shops in town, but you won't be allowed through anyway, for your own safety.

The other path, the one for pedestrians, is generally well-lit, but it has a lot of side-tunnels to get lost in. There are anti-slip pads one the main tunnels, but the side-tunnels don't have them and their floors are made of slippery bouts of ice. Somewhere about half-way through the cave there will be a Pokémon Healing Station installed in the cave wall. It has a holder for one Pokéball at a time, and if you simply follow all the steps on the touchscreen you should be able to operate it. (It will react to the License Chip) However if you find yourself lost and off-path you might be able to find some strategically placed potions in some nooks and corners.

[ Pokémon available for capture: ]

Zubat

41.gif

Level: 3-6
    Type: Poison/Flying
    Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic
    Rarity:Common

Woobat

527.gif

Type: Psychic/Flying
    Moves: Confusion, Odor Sleuth
    Rarity: Common

Swinub

220.gif

Type: Ice/Ground
    Moves: Tackle, Odeur Sleuth, Mud Sport
    Rarity: Uncommon

Bronzor

436.gif

Type: Steel/Psychic
    Moves: Tackle, Confusion

Snorunt

361.gif

Type: Ice
    Moves: Powder Snow, Leer, Double Team

Vanillite

582.gif

Moves: Icicle Spear, Harden
    Rarity: Rare

Chingling

433.gif

Type: Psychic
    Moves: Wrap, Growl

Delibird

225.gif

Type: Ice/Flying
    Moves: Present

Cryogonal

615.gif

Level: 2-5
    Moves: Bind, Ice Shard
    Rarity: Very Rare

Sneasel

215.gif

Type: Dark/Ice
    Moves: Scratch, Leer, Taunt
    Rarity: Very Rare

[ What you may, may not and must do: ]

- You must travel through the Icy Path and battle a Pokémon or an NPC trainer.
    - you may catch the Pokémon you battled.
    - You may see the evolved form of the Pokémon mentioned above, but you may not battle it or attempt to catch it.
    - You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide wether you catch it or not.
    - You may find a Potion somewhere along the cave.
    - You may interact with other roleplayers here if you wish, but you must do so through a joined post.

[ Notes on cathing a Pokémon : ]

- You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide wether you catch it or not. I cannot stress this enough.
    - The better your post is, the higher the level of your Pokémon
    - If the Pokémon you are after is Very Rare, your post will have to be above-average in order to catch it.
    - If your post is exceptionally well-written and/or entertaining, there is a change your Pokémon will get an Egg Move.

Last edited:
    Back