• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Fresh Start [OOC]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    OMG NOES WHAT NICE NEW STARTERS. I LOVE EMONGA and here I am with non-elemental Aipom ;;;;;;;; teheh. Hopefully I can catch Emonga later on... Or suddenly pretend that Astrid has been an Emonga for all this time and never was an Aipom at all 8D

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Miss Doronjo - Right-o, Bulbasaur is reserved for you (:

@Red - But Aipom's cuter, and a monkey, it doesn't need any elements xD Emolga will be capturable later, like all the other starters so don't worry.

@Perfectmonster - I'm sorry, but Manipulations had asked me through VM for a spot, and he/she had dibs D: I didn't know you'd all catch on so fast! I'll let you know if a spot opens up though (:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That's true ;) I'm pretty content with Ashton's team so far anyways ^^

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Alright everyone, the new chapter is up!

Also for those who reserved, I'd like you to get your sign-up in as soon as possible.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Actually, you can give my spot to someone else...I think I'm gonna be a tad too busy juggiling between one RP I'm in already and university. V___V@

Sorry. :x

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @14Henderson7 - Someone else was actually in line for a spot, but if anyone one else unreserves I'll let you know, alright?

Years
  • Right! So I've posted, and I'm still in this. And you all get to hear my catch phrases again! Fancy that! Sorry if I was absent, but I was just waiting for a new chapter. The old had run it's course and I was out of ideas.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • My posy is up. Hope you all like it :). After this is finally GYM BATTlE TIME!!!!!. Good thing its not an ice gym as Lily would have had a rough time with grass/bug, ground and ice type pokemon :knockedou.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • Sorry Swan, turns out I won't be able to go in this RP after all :( Give Bulbasaur to someone else, and hope it all goes well :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm sorry for not having posted for quite a while now. I just don't really know what to write about. I guess I'll just have them challenge the gym.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • @Romdinner - Oh, do I detect some secrets to Xander? The battle was terrific, you wrote Joshua rather well and I liked the inclusion of the weather.

Snorunt (Winter) grew to lv. 24 and learned Protect!
    Winter can't learn any more moves, would you like to delete one for Protect?
    Swadloon (Clover) grew to lv. 26!

Well you'll just have to wait to find out :P....but yes he is a mysterious boy. Thanks I had fun writing it ( I was waiting for the gym battle from the beginning :) ).

So it seems that each pokemon has a 7 move limit. I'll have Winter learn Protect and forget Leer.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years

• Well you'll just have to wait to find out :P....but yes he is a mysterious boy. Thanks I had fun writing it ( I was waiting for the gym battle from the beginning :) ).

So it seems that each pokemon has a 7 move limit. I'll have Winter learn Protect and forget Leer.

Yes they have a 7 move limit, I want to give you more room for creativity with more moves, but still having a limit C:

damn, I'm not the most patient person xD But he's really quite intriguing.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Name: Kadience "KC" Cannan

Appearance: KC is rather tall for a woman. At five feet and eight inches she towers over most other girls, and even some men. Her facial features are fierce and sharp and when she wears a blank expression she looks inadvertently angry. Even her smile looks a little aggressive. Due to her careful attention paid to dental health her teeth are strong, sharp, and white. Her lips are naturally fairly dark colored. As one would expect from someone who spends most of their time working at a plant nursery her skin is a healthy tan color. Her nails are kept short to help keep dirt and plant matter from building up under them, though it doesn't always help. Working with her hands has made the skin on KC's palms and fingertips a little rough. The muscles in her arms and torso are toned and sleek, but not readily visible unless she's flexing. Her fingers are of medium length and her hands are normally sized. KC's eyes are a pale green, much like the plants she works with. Her hair is cropped short, messy, and choppy, purple with black tips and streaks. It's easy to keep out of her face without tying back, which was the intent of that hairstyle. Her natural hair color is a dusty, dirty blonde but she never lets the roots show.

When she's at work KC wears khaki shorts, a tank, and an apron spotted with dirt and grass stains, and brown boots on her feet. On particularly windy days she might wear a bandana that matches her tank around her forehead to help keep the stray strands of hair out of her face. She might wear a bandana like that casually as well; hair in her face is one of her biggest pet peeves. The apron is reserved for work only, but she might keep the boots and trade them out for black tennis shoes, depending on what she'll be doing. She either wears her khaki shorts, dark brown cargo pants, or jeans, depending on the weather. As far as tops go she has an array of tanks, tees, and button downs she switches between.

Personality: KC is a rather calm and easygoing individual. It takes effort to ignite her temper, and even when she does get irritated she usually doesn't lash out irrationally. Her reactions are measured and well thought out. As a result she rarely comes into confrontation. It's not so much that she's a pacifist or that she's afraid of conflict. She simply doesn't want to expend her energy on petty spats that could be avoided. Instead she prefers to spend her time at the nursery. It isn't just her job; it's her passion. She loves tending to the plants, weeding, turning up the fresh earth with her hands, and cross breeding species of berries in an attempt to come up with new, hardier, endlessly useful strains. As a result if there's one thing she knows well, it's plants. That knowledge continues on to Grass type Pokemon. They may not be exactly the same thing as plants, but she tends to their bulbs, flowers, and sprouts just the same as she would the ones that grow in the ground. That helps them to be happy, healthy, and alert, and it makes their bodies and their Grass elemental attacks smell pleasant and floral. The sense of pride that comes from working with plants and Grass Pokemon is one of her absolute favorite feelings.

KC's aspirations for her life are simple: enjoy. She recognizes that life is beautiful, precious, and valuable, and to waste one's own life is ridiculous. This is one of the main reasons she doesn't like to fight without necessity, become angry for no good reason, and become saturated with sadness. That doesn't mean she's hyperactive, overzealously happy, and enthusiastic about everything. It just means she knows how to slow down, enjoy the small details, and look at the bigger picture when faced with adversity. Problem solving isn't one of her greatest strengths but she's always looking for creative, flexibile solutions that she can apply to an array of different situations. This goes for life, and for work.

History: Kadience Cannan was born in Violet City, Johto. Her mother was a teacher at the Pokemon Academy, and her father was on the board of directors. For the first several years of her life her mother and father switched off their schedules so that someone could be home with her at all times. It became easier to work and be a parent when she turned five, old enough to start attending the school. She learned nearly everything she knows about Pokemon there. It didn't take long for her to discover that her name was apparently impossible to pronounce. Nearly everyone called her "Kay-dee-ence" the first time they read her name and it quickly became one of her pet peeves. By the time she was eight she would grumble "Just call me KC" every time someone struggled with her name. The nickname stuck quickly and fit her well. It didn't take long for even her parents to start calling her KC.

The age required to start working with a permit in Johto was ten; apparently the lawmakers thought if you're old enough to leave home with nothing but a backpack and a low level Pokemon, you're old enough to work. KC wanted pocket money of her own, so she convinced her parents to let her get the permit and start working for an hour or two after work. The only place that was hiring was the local plant nursery. KC took to it well and realized she'd found her life's calling. Like most other young people she dreamed of one day having a Pokemon of her own and maybe even becoming a trainer, but the abandoned league in her region discouraged her. When she was about twelve there was an effort to restart the league and she considered taking it once it was reestablished, but the attempt failed. Discouraged, she decided to focus entirely on her work and put her dreams of training aside. She learned all she could about botany and began breeding and cross breeding plants in an effort to create new species. She was successful, and she truly enjoyed what she was doing. Several years later, when she was sixteen, the Johto government began trying once more to jump start the league. Understandably KC was a little skeptical and she didn't pay much attention. But when after two years the league was restored and up and running, she put serious thought into starting the journey. After a few weeks KC made up her mind not to, but one day at work her boss approached her and asked her why she hadn't gone with all the other Johto kids who wanted to start training. Shy conversation and feeble evasion led to KC deciding she really did want to go. She said goodbye to her mother and father, packed a couple of changes of clothes, food, water, and essentials into a backpack, and set off for Blackthorn.

Starter: Bulbasaur

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Strikit - Oh i really like KC and can't wait to readmore about her! You're definitely accepted.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I really can't wait to write more about her. She's turned out way better than I thought.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I was sitting in my English class today & was thinking about Pokemon.... And then that got me thinking about role playing! I use to come on this site a lot but then just kinda of disappeared. :/ But now I think I am ready to start role playing again! So do you think you could reserve Emolga for me, please? I know very little about the new generation though, but don't worry I'll try my best to learn! :)

The only problem is the only time I will be able to write is late at night(I kind of have kept role playing a secret from everyone)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Iwasapony25 - Sure thing! If you need any input on the new generation, I find that Bulbapedia has a lot of useful info for Pokémon behaviour C: But in any case you're reserved, and I'll look forward to reading your sign-up.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
    Years
  • Et Moi has posted. lol I have lots of things going on in RL, so I might be delayed even longer. (My last post was like one month ago. If it gets longer, my next post will be on April?! *Shudders at the thought)

Back