• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Fresh Start [OOC]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was sitting in my English class today & was thinking about Pokemon.... And then that got me thinking about role playing! I use to come on this site a lot but then just kinda of disappeared. :/ But now I think I am ready to start role playing again! So do you think you could reserve Emolga for me, please? I know very little about the new generation though, but don't worry I'll try my best to learn! :)

The only problem is the only time I will be able to write is late at night(I kind of have kept role playing a secret from everyone)

Welcome back, pony :) good to see you. I'm keeping it a secret too :x that's why I almost never post in school and not when I'm not alone at home.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Secrets seem to be the problem of a Pokémon roleplayer, this is why it's so useful to have a computer on your room and a laptop xD

@TJ - That's alright, as long as you're posting. I'm fine with you taking longer to post because you're busier than the others (:

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Good to see you too, RHCP. It has been a while. :) & I'll try and have my SU done by tonight!

Just so everyone knows, I'm a 10th grader that has been on and off roleplaying for the past three years hehe. I know I'm not a super great writer, but I will try my best to improve over time!! :)

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I've decided to experiment. Since normally you can only write one post per chapter and you have to wait for the next chapter to be posted, I'm wondering if I can just do one post per chapter I missed and catch up like that. It sounds so much less overwhelming than just doing one super long catch up post and it makes it easier to develop my catches, I think.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Pony - I'm sure you'll be fine. I know 15 year olds who are amazing writers and 20 year olds who write like a child (: Don't worry about your age, I'm sure you'll do well.

@Strikit - That would be perfectly fine, as you're still on catchup duty. I really like KC by the way, she really interesting to read about.

Strikit

Years
  • KC is really fun. I'm trying to balance her newbie trainer inexperience with the extra things she'd know from going to the Academy. That's why she didn't know Dratini all that well -- after all, it is super rare -- but she said "Oh! That's a Delibird!"

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Name: Daphne Dean

Appearance:
    Daphne has a very young, fresh look about her. She stands at about 5'5, an average height for a girl her age. Daphne has unique little red freckles that form a mask looking pattern around her little button nose, cheeks and large oval green eyes. Living on a ranch, Daphne is pretty much outside from dusk till dawn, thus giving her skin a nice bronze color. Her bright blonde, almost yellow looking hair that barely passes her shoulders, contradicts nicely against her dark skin. Daphne's normal hairstyle is normally a braid on each side of her hair with a tan straw hat resting on top of her head, but someday she doesn't mind letting her natural pin-straight hair down.

Keeping the "Cowgirl" tradition Daphne can almost always be seen in a plaid shirt that is tied in the front, not wanting any unwanted attention she also wearing a white cami underneath the shirt, so her belly isn't revealed. During the summer time Daphne is always seen wearing dark wash denim shorts, with a silver buckle belt. While in the winter time, she exchanges her shorts for boot cut denim jeans. Of course what would a cowgirl be without her cowboy boots?! No matter what the conditions are, Daphne will always wear her Distressed brown western boots with beautiful silver flowers stitched into the leather.

Daphne carries around a hand made fringe satchel that she keeps all her necessary stuff in. The satchel has special pockets inside, where she can keep her Pokeballs.

Personality:
    Daphne is a spitfire! She's not afraid of a large crowds and actually enjoys being the center of attention! She has always been the friend that tries to cheer her friends up when they are sad by doing something funny. Most people say she has a great sense of humor, but others say she is just ditsy. Daphne also suffers from mild ADD and has a very hard time focusing on one subject. She has special medicine that supposedly helps take care of that, but Daphne has an awful time remembering to take them. She is very friendly and most people tend to get attached to her and her weird antics.

Although Daphne is fun and very energetic, she is not very intelligent and many people say she 'gives blondes a bad name.' She often, but not always, becomes frustrated and gives up when trying. She likes to stick with things she knows how to do and is known to not try new things.

History: The Dean Ranch is a well known Ponyta & Tauros ranch located near Vermilion City. Daphne had initially planned to go through school, then adventually take over the ranch once she graduated, but things changed once Daphne began failing every class in the 7th grade. It had been a hard year for the ranch too, the Tauros had managed to stampede through Vermilion, so the Dean's were responsible for cleaning up the city. Realizing that Daphne had no interest in school, her family decided that her best choice was to drop out and help out with the ranch.

Not having to worry about school work or projects gave Daphne a lot more freedom and time to do things she normally wouldn't have time to do. She had managed to train one of her Ponyta and began to go to 'riding competitions' throughout Kanto. She scored enough points to send her to the championships, where she ended up placing second and received $1,000 as her prize. Many people where impressed with Daphne's riding and training and decided to start sending her Ponyta to train. At the age of fourteen, Daphne had managed to make a quite a bit of money from all the training and decided to use the money to pay back Vermilion City for all the damages the Tauros had caused.

A television program about Johto made Daphne realize that she wanted to try her hand at becoming a Pokemon trainer. She began talking about training to her parents and they were shocked! They couldn't believe that their daughter, who usually HATES trying new things, wanted to become a trainer. After months of discussion and stressful preparation, they decided that their daughter was ready to travel through Johto.

Starter:
    587.png
    Emolga

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Pony - oh i really like Daphne! she sounds like a great character and i can't wait to read about her C: You are accepted of course.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Thanks so much, I'll just start off at the beginning since I kind of have a basic idea of everything I want to do so far! :) Hopefully I will have Chapter one up tonight or tomorrow!

Strikit

Years
  • Just so you know, I do remember about Delibird's Ice Punch, but KC doesn't. She hasn't seen him use it yet so she thinks all he knows is Present.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm alive! I finally have an evening off at home but tbh I'm not in the mood of writing a long post ;; I've started on the gym battle post at least :3 but I won't post it until it's finished. Just so you know~

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Wow, I realized that my post is incredibly shorter and not as detailed as everyone else's! Welp, at least I know what I need to work on now. :)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Strikit - Alright, I really appreciate the attention to detail C:

@Red - Thanks for letting me know, and take your time. There are things more important than roleplaying, and as long as you say you're still in this and interested then I won't mind waiting.

@Pony - Don't worry about the length, really. Firsts posts are usually by definition shorter, and even so, some roleplayers post longer and some shorter, yet sometimes the shorter ones are even more enjoyable than the longer ones. Quality before quantity. And that aside, if you do want to match the others it could also be a good learning experience.

EDIT: There's a new chapter up now!

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • How soon are we going to see Spring Deerling? I love the idea of KC having a Spring Sawsbuck.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • You'll see the spring one in the route after Ecruteak and the summer Deerling after that C:

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I work at a trail barn over the weekend so I didn't have time to write & today I am going to a big basketball game. But I should be able to get halfway caught up by the end of the week!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm interested in making a joint post with someone on Route 42 :3 Maybe battling, though I'd just as much appreciate just meeting, realizing we're both professor Sequoia's trainers and like talk or train and camp out or something.

Also, I'm splitting up the gym post because otherwise it would be so very long and it would take a long time before I posted. So instead I'm posting bits of it now and then :3 that ok?

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • Uuugh I've been so busy this week, but I'm slowly working bit by bit to catch up. I'll get there, I'm not so far behind.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • I'm interested in making a joint post with someone on Route 42 :3 Maybe battling, though I'd just as much appreciate just meeting, realizing we're both professor Sequoia's trainers and like talk or train and camp out or something.

Also, I'm splitting up the gym post because otherwise it would be so very long and it would take a long time before I posted. So instead I'm posting bits of it now and then :3 that ok?

I was going to ask you Red if you wanted a joint post with me, or more precisely Lily :P. So if the offer is still up I'm willing to do one. But I won't be able to start it until Sunday but I think it will be ok seeing as you still have the gym battle to write.

And so I want to let everyone know that until Sunday I won't be on as I will be away celebrating my b-day party with some friends and relatives (even though my birthday isn't until the 18th of this month), but it was the only time we could rent a lodge for 3 days. So see you in a few days :D.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, I'm up for it :) I'm fine with starting whenever, don't know how much online I'll be on Sunday, but you can start the post by PMing me perhaps :)

Back