• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2013
    1) What boards are you most interested in?
    The HackShowcase.
    2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    Hackshowcase (I dont want to be demanding but i would like to also know if someone can turn rar files into zip? Yeah RAR isint right for me.)
    3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    YES! The more I explore,the more i can meet nice people on the forums!.)
    4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    Downloading good playable and enjoyable hacks.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    The HackShowcase.
    Hackshowcase (I dont want to be demanding but i would like to also know if someone can turn rar files into zip? Yeah RAR isint right for me.)
    YES! The more I explore,the more i can meet nice people on the forums!.)
    Downloading good playable and enjoyable hacks.
    Hmm, our ROM-hacking mentor is already unavailable, so I'd be happy to guide you there myself. :)

I do think that you can convert it with a program called winzip.

rITual

We're only animals.
    Years
  • I'd appreciate a mentor if possible.

Emulation, GBA/colour games discussion & general Pokémon discussion.

All of the above and any other forums I may benefit from getting involved in.

Absolutely.

Get involved more with the community. Make friends and grow my knowledge of Pokémon.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'd appreciate a mentor if possible.

Emulation, GBA/colour games discussion & general Pokémon discussion.

All of the above and any other forums I may benefit from getting involved in.

Absolutely.

Get involved more with the community. Make friends and grow my knowledge of Pokémon.

Since the Emulation/Game section mentors are unavailable, you get me and Pokemon General! :3

Years
  • Eh, I don't think I'll follow the format.. What I'm looking for out of a mentor is to be nice and help me getting through Pokemon White. (movesets, abilites, etc.)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Since it's in terms of Movesets and Abilities, as well as maybe make a team out of it, then mentor PlatinumDude can help you out with that. B/W mentor Forever is already booked with mentors, unfortunately. Not sure if you prefer someone that can help you with the game in general, or in certain areas though. :/

EDIT: I got a message from mentor Razor Leaf, he has volunteered to help you out with any in-game questions you may have. :D He'll contact you shortly. :D

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I would like to adopt bobandbill as my mentor.

Thank you very much.

You can't really "adopt" mentors. You get adopted. xD

Are you interested in the areas of 4th generation & Classic Gaming? Or Fanfic & Writing? You only choose mentors based on the areas you're interested in. :/

Years
  • To be adopted or not to be adopted?

I'm still pretty new here (21 days old) and I'm not sure if I should get a mentor or not. To be honest, I only get on here once a week or so and I don't want to waste anybody's time. I've already made some new posts, and I basically know how a forum works, so I don't really need help with that. But I'm not entirely sure on what exactly a mentor does. I guess they show you around, but I don't think I need that. I know that I still haven't unlocked the full potential of The PokéCommunity, though, so I'm not quite sure what to do. Advice anyone? :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm still pretty new here (21 days old) and I'm not sure if I should get a mentor or not. To be honest, I only get on here once a week or so and I don't want to waste anybody's time. I've already made some new posts, and I basically know how a forum works, so I don't really need help with that. But I'm not entirely sure on what exactly a mentor does. I guess they show you around, but I don't think I need that. I know that I still haven't unlocked the full potential of The PokéCommunity, though, so I'm not quite sure what to do. Advice anyone? :D

You meet the requirements, and you also meet the post requirements, so yes. you are more than welcome to be adopted! The mentors here are responsible for showing you around a certain section here in the forums. Like for example, we have a mentor for Trading, a mentor for Pokemon General, Pokemon TCG, and even for the Off-Topic sections like Technology & Media, and Other Chat.

See this list, and post here with the mentor of your preference, and he/she will come by to take you in asap. :D

Years
  • I'm overall interested in B&W along with the TCG, and I'll post anywhere I'm interested. So I guess I would like donavannj? :D Also, If another mentor specializing in B&W becomes available soon, I would like to be adopted (again?)

P.S. Thank you Meganium90 for moving my thread! It wasn't exactly a mentor request, so I didn't know where to put it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    Hey Im xel and im looking for a (handsome, Nice and Patient) Mentor o/

RPG maker VX pokemon sprites/maps/items/basic programming... Pokemon icons for my game

RPG Maker VX tutorial on making my own pokemon game

Yes, I also wanna read fanfiction and look at pics or Doujins :D

Yes, I wanna know how to make my own pokemon game in RPG maker VX! with my own story and my own characters and my own pokemons :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2017
    I'm interested in the ROM hacking section, I have started the mapping on a new fire red hack, however I am going to need some help with it because mapping is one of the only things I can do.(kinda the only thing right now)
    I'm only really interested in the ROM hacking section.
    Maybe sometime, however right now I'm really interested in ROM hacking, as I want to make my own.
    I'm looking for friends to help me through my first few hacks, and to encourage me to keep going if I ever feel like quitting.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in?
    I'm interested in the ROM hacking section, I have started the mapping on a new fire red hack, however I am going to need some help with it because mapping is one of the only things I can do.(kinda the only thing right now)
    I'm only really interested in the ROM hacking section.
    Maybe sometime, however right now I'm really interested in ROM hacking, as I want to make my own.
    I'm looking for friends to help me through my first few hacks, and to encourage me to keep going if I ever feel like quitting.

Looks like you're mine now... n_n
    Goooo Pokeball! (sends you a PM)

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
    Years
  • 1) What boards are you most interested in?
    Hey, I'm looking for a mentor.

I'm most interested in the ROM hacking forums, mainly because I find that with the tools available, I find it to be the easiest way for me to begin exploring the process of game design. This is something that I want to be able to take up as a Career when I finish school, and I want to know if this is the sort of thing that would actually keep me happy. Most of the other programming languages(When I say other, I mean other than PVS) I have tried learning online are too advanced for me to begin learning the basics. The PVS editor for the pokemon roms is finally something that I can get the hang of....And with all of these other tools to work with the things such as maps and sprites, I feel I have everything I'd need to get started. The reason I'm looking for a mentor is that I've run into several road-blocks when it comes to actually using the various tools and methods for hacking my copy of Fire Red, and I feel I'll run into many more. I find it helps to have someone assisting you personally, rather than trying to derive alot of this stuff from tutorials(For tutorials are set to a specific topic, and not usually to your specific needs). As for whether or not I'll venture into the other portions of the forums......Why not? I've been a fan of pokemon since I was about 5 years old(13 now) and I'm sure I'd be willing to mingle with the community.

Hopefully I covered everything asked above. I'm looking forward as to seeing whether or not somebody selects me as their mentee(As the thread puts it).

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    1) What boards are you interested in? Pokemon clubs, Other clubs, Role play, All gen boards, Wi-fi. 2) What board are you most interested in getting to understand? All of them above. 3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? Yes. 4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while your here? To make friends and to talk and role-play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dokiro

The Best Toast in the World...
    Years
  • Hey Dokiro here... I'm new obviously. :D
    I'm interested in ROM Hacking and Research and Development boards.
    I'm trying to get a grasp on this whole ROM hacking thing.
    (I used to just edit maps using Advanced Maps to make things easier and quicker to travel throughout the game. Sometimes I would add a couple of grass areas and such. So I suppose I have some familiarity with certain programs but there is much much more needed to be learned.)

Yes I would eventually like to get to learn/see new parts of the forum. But in the end my main focus would be on ROM hacking and Development.
    Specific? Yes, mainly I am here to learn completely how to make my own pokemon hacks and contribute to the PokeCommunity. :D

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    1) What boards are you interested in? Pokemon clubs, Other clubs, Role play, All gen boards, Wi-fi. 2) What board are you most interested in getting to understand? All of them above. 3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum? Yes. 4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while your here? To make friends and to talk and role-play.
    Hello there and welcome aboard! I can suggest Miss Doronjo or Roswell for you over the Roleplay Corner if you'd like? :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back