• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center!~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    1) What boards are you most interested in?
    Hacking and ROMs.
    2) What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
    The boards on Emulation.
    3) Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forum?
    Not currently, perhaps later I might though.
    4) Are there any specific things you're looking to do while you're here?
    I would like some assistance on how how to play ROMs especially .ips and .aps. Also some help on editing ROMs would be nice.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Single file line please! :P

Also, just a head's up guys: this thread is being renovated so expect a new thread by tonight! If I haven't gotten a response from you and this thread is locked, you may quote your post to the new thread or you can send me a PM so I can re-pinpoint your suitable mentor.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and was looking for help with creating my own Pokemon games using ROM editors.

Hacking and Emulators.
    Any that can expand my knowledge on creating customized Pokemon games.
    Possibly, but for right now I'm more focused on figuring out ROMs, ROM hacks and editors.
    I would love some assistance finding all of the tools necessary for customizing Pokemon ROMs, along with information on how much customization can be done for each ROM generation.

This is my first time ever using a forum as well, so it will take a little getting used to.
    - Blaze Finnegan III
    Hi there, Blaze! Why not create a new introduction thread so we can welcome you to the forums? :)

For ROM Hacking, we have both dragon456 and SwiftSign (DrFuji is not available at this time). One of them will point you to the tools you need, as well as the advice you need to complete your hack. :D

I think that would be competitive battling and tactics.
    To train up a good pokemon team
    Yes, of course!
    Well, how to beat my friends in a competitve battle and making my pokemon team stronger.

Ahh, the competitive battler! We have Forever and PlatinumDude just for that. They'll definitely convert you to the perfect battler and help you create your perfect team. You can also battle them via wifi or by our own Pokemon Online server. It's quite fun. :D

Hacking and ROMs.
    The boards on Emulation.
    Not currently, perhaps later I might though.
    I would like some assistance on how how to play ROMs especially .ips and .aps. Also some help on editing ROMs would be nice.

Sounds like you're on the same page as the first member I quoted. The two Emulation mentors, SwiftSign and dragon456 are available to take you around the Emulation boards. :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^Just stay put! :) I'll get PlatinumDude to take you in, since he's a good match for you. He hasn't mentored anyone (if I recall), so he'll be quite thrilled. :D

BlazeFinneganIII

OG Trainer
    Years
  • Thank you Meganium90, can't wait to pick someone's brain about this stuff. I've been researching it for a while but the more I find the more confusing it gets. Look forward to meeting my mentor.

Also how would one go about creating an introduction thread?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • To make things easier, I'll point you to the New Thread page, which is where you'll get to make your introduction. Basically...tell us a bit about yourself (such as what brought you to sign up, your favorite Pokemon, your interests, hobbies, etc!). It doesn't have to be long, though! Of course this is optional, but I highly encourage you if you would like to be welcomed. ;3

I already contacted one of the mentors, so one of them will take you in asap. :D

Years
  • I want a mentor :)
    Not using template.

Type Of Person I get well with:
    Someone with good sense of humor,if someone speaks spanish too but really not necesary.
    Interests:
    Spriting, Battling, Trading, those are my mayor interests, but everything pokemon-related is good!
    Using a template question:
    Only more people to talk with about pokemon :) (not much people in school, only 2 friends)
    Other Things:
    I tend to write things quikly (same as I speak) so if i tangle up all what i was saying, sorry, correcting as soon as I can :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    Role-Play Corner, Advanced Generation Games
    Trade Corner, Competitive Battling Center
    Yes
    Role-Play and chat about Pokemon!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I want a mentor :)
    Not using template.

Type Of Person I get well with:
    Someone with good sense of humor,if someone speaks spanish too but really not necesary.
    Interests:
    Spriting, Battling, Trading, those are my mayor interests, but everything pokemon-related is good!
    Using a template question:
    Only more people to talk with about pokemon :) (not much people in school, only 2 friends)
    Other Things:
    I tend to write things quikly (same as I speak) so if i tangle up all what i was saying, sorry, correcting as soon as I can :)

It's okay if you're not going to use the template. It's not required. Though you do have a broad area of interests, which does make me a bit difficult to pinpoint you a good mentor for you.

But since you speak Spanish, and you're just looking for a PokeFriend, I'd be honored to take you in and be your mentor.

Role-Play Corner, Advanced Generation Games
    Trade Corner, Competitive Battling Center
    Yes
    Role-Play and chat about Pokemon!

Ah, Roleplayer! I'm a beginner roleplayer, actually. :) We have Miss Doronjo and PkMnTrainer Yellow available to take you in if you like. And we also have TwilightBlade for Trade Corner, as well as Forever for CBC (Battling) (that is, if you want to learn more about one of the boards, it's up to you. :D)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I have no idea what I'm doing and I need a mentor who knows about heart gold,platinum,and blue

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I have no idea what I'm doing and I need a mentor who knows about heart gold,platinum,and blue

We can direct you to a mentor if you want to learn more about the 4th Generation boards and the Metal/Color boards, but not if you just need help with the games. There's a sticky thread for 4th Generation help, and GBC help. You can use those to get your questions answered about the games.

Either or, I'd recommend you to use the form from the first post to let me know of your interests in the forums. Also, why not make an introduction thread? Members would loooove to welcome you. ;3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back