• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ribbon Syndicate FC! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
The Ribbon Syndicate!

teamXD.jpg

AquaRibbon.jpg
ribbonsyeah.png
Mayjohtoribbons.jpg

Coordinators! Who said Coordinating isn't hard work? Pokemon contest aren't easy and in this club we recognize and accept your talent and determination for going and collecting ribbons throughout the regions. If you love collecting ribbons, competing in contests, and love being proud of your pokemon accomplishments then this is the club for you! :D

Rules
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Groups' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Try to keep active!
4. Everyone can choose one Pokemon who
either has the most ribbons out of your pokemon,
or just a pokemon you love but they have to have ribbons.
5. Enjoy!

Sign-Up Form
Username: Turn-it
Partner Pokemon: Kt the Shiny Espeon
Reason for joining: Because I love Collecting ribbons! :D

Members List

- Turn-it
sesprite.png

- Sector Revenge
shinyninetales.png

- AlexOzzyCake
pokemon_sandslashSprite.gif

- d4rka8isz
star.png

- Hikari10
oshawott.gif

User Bars

I don't know how to make User Bars but if anyone who wants to join can make some, I definitely don't mind showing them off for the club that's what coordinating is all about, showing off your pokemon right? :D

ETC
Here we shall have quizes, competitions, and even a point system to keep things interesting! :D

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Username: Sector Revenge
Partner Pokemon: Foxy the Ninetales (Can I haz a Shiny Foxy?)
Reason for joining: Ribbons are AWESOME 'Extra' stuff for our Pokemon to hold. Plus, they look spiffy on them!

I wonder, instead of a Partner Pokemon or maybe along with it, you should let us pick our favorite ribbon attached to our Partner Pokemon? That'd be an awesome addition!

Turn-it

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Welcome to people who plan on joining this awesome Fanclub! The first topic shall be...what made you want to collect ribbons/coordinate? For me, it was to show off my pokemon as well as being able to brag outside of battles. My pokemon has accumulated a great number of ribbons not solely on battling skills, but finesse and other talents. :D

EDIT: Sector that's a great idea and welcome to the club! :D I shall add you right now! :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Welcome to people who plan on joining this awesome Fanclub! The first topic shall be...what made you want to collect ribbons/coordinate?
Collecting ribbons is just like collecting shiny leaves. They are fitted to show off your Pokemon with what they are attached with. RIBBONS! There are so many ribbons that the more that you obtain, the more celebrity-feeling your Pokemon will feel! Plus, fashionably Pokemon will feel much happier and more caring/loving toward the trainer when winning ribbons. That right there, is the prize money cannot buy.

The lack of ribbons in Pokemon Black/White in-game, disappoints me. They threw the ribbons out like no one cares (For your Generation 5 Pokemon to have a chance at them!) :(

Turn-it

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Collecting ribbons is just like collecting shiny leaves. They are fitted to show off your Pokemon with what they are attached with. RIBBONS! There are so many ribbons that the more that you obtain, the more celebrity-feeling your Pokemon will feel! Plus, fashionably Pokemon will feel much happier and more caring/loving toward the trainer when winning ribbons. That right there, is the prize money cannot buy.

The lack of ribbons in Pokemon Black/White in-game, disappoints me. They threw the ribbons out like no one cares (For your Generation 5 Pokemon to have a chance at them!) :(

I couldn't agree more with the whole statement. I'm hoping they incorporate ribbons into B2/W2. Most of all I love your statement of celebrity-feel! That goes along with bragging rights! :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

I couldn't agree more with the whole statement. I'm hoping they incorporate ribbons into B2/W2. Most of all I love your statement of celebrity-feel! That goes along with bragging rights! :D
There are two type famous status.

1) Pokemon Battle=Athletes (most popular of course).
2) Ribbons=Celebrity, they act, sing, dance, and so forth. So they get the spotlight like a celebrity when on stage! It's a shame this doesn't get as much spotlight though! (Then again, it goes the same way real life doesn't it?)

That's how I view it LOL

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon: Chilli the Sandslash
Reason for joining: Contests are a lot of fun, both in the anime and in the games, so this club seems like the right place to be :3

What made you want to collect ribbons/coordinate?
Honestly I just love to show that my Pokemon can be so much stronger than they're given credit for. Something like a Sandslash or Grimer wouldn't normally be given much of a chance in something like a contest battle, but these are among my favourite Pokemon so I make it my goal to prove that these Pokemon are good as any other.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Username: d4rka8isz
Partner Pokemon: ♥ the Staraptor (If not ♥, then Ghost)
Reason for joining: I love how contests work. It's also better than battling in my opinion. If only it was expanded. Besides that, I also loved getting the Footprint Ribbon and the Effort Ribbon.

Truthfully, it was because I preferred contests over battling. I berry-farmed for a couple of months then I realized that I could use them to make awesome poffins and that started it. It was also because I wanted to get into the Ribbon Syndicate.

P.S. The name for my Staraptor was inspired by the book Saga by Conor Kostick. It's an amazing book.

Years
Username: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Julian the Oshawott (My mascot, duh!)
Reason for joining: I love Pokemon Coordinators, Dawn and Zoey are my faves!

Turn-it

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon: Chilli the Sandslash
Reason for joining: Contests are a lot of fun, both in the anime and in the games, so this club seems like the right place to be :3

Honestly I just love to show that my Pokemon can be so much stronger than they're given credit for. Something like a Sandslash or Grimer wouldn't normally be given much of a chance in something like a contest battle, but these are among my favourite Pokemon so I make it my goal to prove that these Pokemon are good as any other.

Welcome to the club Alex! Glad to have you on board! :D I agree, contests are fun and brings a different aspect to the pokemon gameplay. Oh and we shall make this club the right place to be for many! XD I love your statement about any pokemon can be as good as any other and I feel like in contests they have a better chance at doing just that!

Username: d4rka8isz
Partner Pokemon: ♥ the Staraptor (If not ♥, then Ghost)
Reason for joining: I love how contests work. It's also better than battling in my opinion. If only it was expanded. Besides that, I also loved getting the Footprint Ribbon and the Effort Ribbon.

Truthfully, it was because I preferred contests over battling. I berry-farmed for a couple of months then I realized that I could use them to make awesome poffins and that started it. It was also because I wanted to get into the Ribbon Syndicate.

P.S. The name for my Staraptor was inspired by the book Saga by Conor Kostick. It's an amazing book.

Welcome! I think expanding on contests would be amazing! I hope they incorporate that in future gens. I remember when I used to make poffins. I had made so many once that I still have some left :D Oh and I got Staraptor up for you! :D

Username: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Julian the Oshawott (My mascot, duh!)
Reason for joining: I love Pokemon Coordinators, Dawn and Zoey are my faves!

Hikari! :D Welcome! Glad to have you on board as well! I also like Dawn and Zoey but for some reason I'd say that May is my favorite! :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So may I start a new topic to create some discussion? ^^

What do you think makes a Pokemon ideal for contests?

For me, its all down to how you can express their unique personalities. Something like a Meowth for example needs to be using sly and cunning moves using its charm/cuteness as a ploy, whereas something like a Machoke needs to be using power to impressive the judges. This is mostly reflected in the moves that you choose for the Pokemon (which must be diverse or they won't do well in a contest!) but you can also make them shine by increasing their sheen in certain areas via poffins. So in summary, a perfect contest Pokemon is one that's well fed on the right type of poffin with a wide move pool and a unique trait separating it from other Pokemon.

Turn-it

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
For me it's based off of the type of pokemon refering to the coolness, or cuteness etc. (personalities) Whatever they excel in i think they should capitalize on that particular style in a contest. Teach your pokemon the moves that coincide with their personality. I also agree with poffins as well. Do poffins help the pokemon's coat?

Turn-it

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
NEW TOPIC! What are some good ideas to appeal to the Ribbon Syndicate FC? To get more members does anyone have any ideas to keep things interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back