• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Day Care: Pokemon Breeders Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The Day Care: Pokemon Breeders Club

eggs.png

About PBC​

The PBC is a club for those who love Pokemon Breeding. Like other clubs, we will have current topics relating to breeding and baby pokemon. In addition, anyone is welcome to start a separate discussion that's different from the current running topic. Discussions can include breeding techniques, good breeding combinations, hereditary moves, and raising baby pokemon. Hope you all enjoy the group. Since this club has a lot of activities, I will be spending all of my daily PokeCommunity time here.​

Rules

The same rules of the forum apply to here.

-No trolling
-No spamming
-Try and stay on topic, there's plenty to discuss that relates to breeding
-No controversial issues that do not relate to Pokemon

Failure to comply with rules may result in termination from the group and even moderator consultation. Though I don't see how we could have any problems. lol

Sign-Up

-Username
-Reason to Join
-Choose (1) Pokemon
-Answer the current topic

Pokemon

You may select one pokemon that is capable of breeding for free when you first sign-up. So you can select any pokemon besides legendaries, steel pokemon, etc. When you sign-up, your username and your pokemon will be placed in the Day-Care. You may buy another pokemon when you receive enough points. You may also buy shiny pokemon, two shiny breeders make a shiny egg. All this will be explained in more detail as you continue reading.

The Day Care

As explained in the section above, when you first join your username and your pokemon will be placed in the Day Care. When you have enough points, you can buy another pokemon as a companion. With two pokemon, you can breed them and (if successful) you will get an egg. Though you must make sure your pokemon are compatible. If they are not then an egg will not be produced so do the research and choose wisely when buying pokemon. When the egg hatches you get another pokemon (and it's free :D) from there you can continue breeding and buying.

Spoiler:

Day Care Updates

This is where you will receive updates on how your two pokemon companions are doing in the Day Care. This is also where you will receive updates on your egg.]\

Spoiler:

Adoptions

You may choose to adopt another member's pokemon for a fee of 10pts. The member in question must approve of the adoption. A member may also choose to put their pokemon up for adoption. It cannot be a pokemon that was bought but a pokemon that was bred. When you adopt a member's pokemon, that member receives your 10pts.

Staff

For a fee, you may sign up to join as a staff member of PBC. You start out as a Day Care Worker and you will receive 5 points a day. If you stay active, you can get promotions. More information will be received to you if you sign up.

Head Director: Grey Cloud

Point System
(Prices Subject to change)

Spoiler:

Point Database

Here is where I will keep up with your points.

Spoiler:

Current Topic

Which pokemon should have a baby pokemon that doesn't already have one?​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Reason to Join: The uniqueness of this club intrigues me; plus I breed Pokemon alll the time so it seems like a good place to be!
Choose (1) Pokemon: Buizel <3

Current topic: Which pokemon should have a baby pokemon that doesn't already have one?
There are two I think this really applies to; Buizel and Sneasel. Both of these Pokemon would have amazingly cute baby Pokemon and I think they're both very deserving of them. It doesn't feel to me like either of these two Pokemon should be a basic form based on their design so having a baby form would make it seem more reasonable obtaining these Pokemon. Also like I said, WOW THEY WOULD BE ADORABLE <333

Years
Welcome AlexOzzyCake!! I'll add in your points

Current topic: Which pokemon should have a baby pokemon that doesn't already have one?
There are two I think this really applies to; Buizel and Sneasel. Both of these Pokemon would have amazingly cute baby Pokemon and I think they're both very deserving of them. It doesn't feel to me like either of these two Pokemon should be a basic form based on their design so having a baby form would make it seem more reasonable obtaining these Pokemon. Also like I said, WOW THEY WOULD BE ADORABLE <333[/SIZE][/FONT]

Those would be adorable babies indeed. My vote is Vulpix =)

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
-Username- Sector Revenge
-Reason to Join- Of course I love breeding my Pokemon from a baby and leveling it up to max 100. Makes you a prefect and loveable parent to the Pokemon :D
-Choose (1) Pokemon- Foxy the Vulpix

Which pokemon should have a baby pokemon that doesn't already have one?
Let's see here. We got Lapras, as big as s/he is, Lapras deserve a baby form. Then we've got Scyther, Pinsir, Heracross, who doesn't have baby forms either. Which in my greatest opinion, should. Druddigon also should deserve one. It just weird to not have a evolution for a Non-Legendary Dragon. We've also got Girafarig and Miltank. As a horse-like and a cow-like Pokemon, just like in real life, they should have their baby forms!

Years
Let's see here. We got Lapras, as big as s/he is, Lapras deserve a baby form. Then we've got Scyther, Pinsir, Heracross, who doesn't have baby forms either. Which in my greatest opinion, should. Druddigon also should deserve one. It just weird to not have a evolution for a Non-Legendary Dragon. We've also got Girafarig and Miltank. As a horse-like and a cow-like Pokemon, just like in real life, they should have their baby forms!

Baby bug pokemon? That would be cool. And a baby Miltank would be cute!

____

Once we get a 4th member, I'll start a discussion. You can really rack up points that way!

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Username: Olli97
Reason to Join: It's a very nice concept, and since it's not exactly a fan club, it's a club that everyone can join without needing having interest in one aspect of the franchise. Though its main focus is on breeding, I feel like everyone can still partake in discussion, even though they aren't excessive breeders. I also like how original this idea is, and the features it brings with it ^^
Choose (1) Pokemon: Skitty B)

Onix, Lapras and Scyther. All of those are great Gen I Pokémon, that really need to be brought into the spotlight once again, and a prevolution would fit all of them. It might be hard to imagine a baby Onix, but I still think it would be great if the Onix line was completed, and Lapras is a very useful Pokémon, which seems to really need an evolutionary line, whether it's an evolution or a prevolution, though the latters seems to suit it better due to how big Lapras already is :P

Years
Onix, Lapras and Scyther. All of those are great Gen I Pokémon, that really need to be brought into the spotlight once again, and a prevolution would fit all of them. It might be hard to imagine a baby Onix, but I still think it would be great if the Onix line was completed, and Lapras is a very useful Pokémon, which seems to really need an evolutionary line, whether it's an evolution or a prevolution, though the latters seems to suit it better due to how big Lapras already is :P

Thanks for joining Olli :)

Onix and Lapras are both born giant lol

Discussion: What are some good egg moves? (moves that you get through breeding)

Absol can learn Megahorn if you breed it with Nidoking, Rapidash, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior, Samurott, Sawsbuch, or Bouffallant

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
-Username: BZW Golem
-Reason to Join: well, I like breeding :3 For some reason, I feel that bred pokemon are in some way better than caught.. even if they aren't xD
-Choose (1) Pokemon: Minun

90% 5 gen pokemon
ok, jk, but 5 gen pokemon really lack when it comes to baby pokes >.>

about other pokes.. I think.. Hippopotas (baby hippo <3), Nosepass (I want to see what they can come up with this xD), Numel (this one is already sweet, I want a even sweeter one xD), Miltank (It just feels so lonely without one :<)..

I don't want more baby pokes of 1 gen pokes.. there are already enough >.>

What are some good egg moves? (moves that you get through breeding)
Well.. I will choose Pursuit.
A bunch of pokes learn it through breeding.. and it's extremely useful :3

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Wow your very right about the Gen V pokemon not having baby pokemon.. and welcome! :D Which pokemon works best starting off (or having) pursuit?
Many leads in competitive.. and some other pokes that scare the opponent.
It's a "You wanna switch? Yea, do that, I will kill you anyway"
Pokes that can use it are.. hm.. for example Tyranitar, Ambipiom, Scizor, Spiritomb..

but really, maany things can make good use of it, it only requires some "prediction power" @.@

Years
Neat! I like egg moves because you can have pokemon learn unique moves like pursuit. And Absol learning Megahorn.. that is BA!

_________

Alright, even newer discussion. Which is better catching a pokemon or breeding a pokemon?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Alright, even newer discussion. Which is better catching a pokemon or breeding a pokemon?
-is about to be shunned- I prefer catching Pokemon to be 100% honest. I think they have more personality and they're less mass-produced that way. :3 Battle wise breeding Pokemon is better since they can practically be whatever you want with the egg moves and hidden abilities being passed on, but I just prefer catching Pokemon since it feels so much more natural and its easier to bond with them that way. Plus you get to see how they fare before catching them and you can see what they're like against you :3

Years
-is about to be shunned- I prefer catching Pokemon to be 100% honest. I think they have more personality and they're less mass-produced that way. :3 Battle wise breeding Pokemon is better since they can practically be whatever you want with the egg moves and hidden abilities being passed on, but I just prefer catching Pokemon since it feels so much more natural and its easier to bond with them that way. Plus you get to see how they fare before catching them and you can see what they're like against you :3

I personally like breeding ;)

But I can see the other side as well. I love looking at (for example) my level 70 Dewgong and checking its stats to show that I caught it at Lv 21. Makes me proud :) lol

By the way, Ozzy, you get 5 points! :D

I've added a new feature, adoptions :). Also, I lowered the points prices. All information in the first post.

Last edited:

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
I like breeding more :P

Mostly because a bred pokemon is my and only my creation @.@
Not corrupted by the world, only for me to raise from the start..
I just feel that I can make something better that way >.>

Years
I like breeding more :P

Mostly because a bred pokemon is my and only my creation @.@
Not corrupted by the world, only for me to raise from the start..
I just feel that I can make something better that way >.>

I know bred pokemon are like your baby :3

Btw you have 15 points and can now afford a pokemon :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Woop woop, new egg! So this place needs a new topic since most people have already answered the current one and topics = posts! @Grey Cloud: feel free to change it if you want c:

What is your favourite Pokemon that you've ever bred & why?

For me it's probably my dear flawless shiny female Unburden Drifloon named Floony. This was my first ever perfect breed (done by RNG) but that specific Floony has always been a dream of mine to own & train, then I finally managed to get hold of it. It was an amazing Pokemon that was brilliant in battle and it's one of those Pokemon I could never get rid of; she'll be on all my games in the future. <3 Other than that I don't really remember any 'special breeds' that I've done, this Pokemon will always be incredibly important to me <3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

For me it's probably my dear flawless shiny female Unburden Drifloon named Floony. This was my first ever perfect breed (done by RNG) but that specific Floony has always been a dream of mine to own & train, then I finally managed to get hold of it. It was an amazing Pokemon that was brilliant in battle and it's one of those Pokemon I could never get rid of; she'll be on all my games in the future. <3 Other than that I don't really remember any 'special breeds' that I've done, this Pokemon will always be incredibly important to me <3
Flubb once told me that you have a box full of Drifloon's called Floony, so I guess that must be either a very special one, or the original? xD Either way, love the nickname, and love Drifloon itself, due to CUTENESS OVERLOAD GHJDKHKHFKAFK!

To be honest, I don't really remember that many of the Pokémon I've bred. I've never really cared for moves, or whatever up-sides that were to breeding though, so it wasn't really what mattered. Though the answer would probably have to be Charmander.
The reason for this is, that back when I was 8 or 9 or something, back at the time where we collected cards for the sole purpose of collecting, and when we acted like Pokémon experts even though we didn't really have much actual knowledge about the many features in the Pokémon games, as well as all the perks that breeding could give one. But anyways, my friend found out that you could actually breed starters and stuff, (Duh! I know, I know xD), and that if done correctly, the bred Pokémon could get special moves, which in this case was Flamethrower I think. So we began to breed box fulls of Charmanders for no apparent reason, other than we thought it was cool that Charmander could get Flamethrower at such an early level, so it's kinda a good memory I have of the time.
So Farm Charmander is something I'll never forget ^^

Years

My Absol :3

I bred it to Lv 51 and it had started off with Megahorn.. best pokemon EVER!

Thanks for starting the new topic Ozzy :)

If anyone would like to purchase a pokemon just post in here.

Years
Username: Pokemonranger109
Reason to Join: I am intregued by this group and i want to join because i'm thrilled and ready.Also I'M like a Boss!!!
Choose (1) Pokemon: My Firered first love Bulbasaur<3

Welcome to the group Pokemonranger! :)

The more posts you get the more points you can rack up so feel free to take part in the current topic or discussion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back