• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with moving battlers crashing game

Ookiiushidesu

Lead Mapper/Eventer at Gen0
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Hey guys!!!!

So, I found that ultimate B/W pack. Awesome stuff ^_^ Aside from some of them being labeled wrongly and a few of the Pokemon just being plainly different sizes from their shiny counterpart sometimes lol.

But I'm running into a big problem. I don't know if it does this with any others, but whenever I try to use Gastly, it crashes my game about 80% of the time. Sometimes I can get him to work. If I play the game awhile after first running it, then try it. Both the summary and when I send him out in battle crashes it. It does that script is taking too long to load, saving game thing, shuts it down and gives a "script hanging" error.

Is there any way to help this? Gastly is a rather large Pokemon, I wouldn't mind making him smaller if that fixed it.

Any help? Thanks!

Ookiiushidesu

Lead Mapper/Eventer at Gen0
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 27, 2016
bump because I really need help with getting this to work properly.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
The problem is, that you cannot just add the GIFs of the Pokemon into the Game by simply replacing the sprites in the /Battlers/ folder. RMXP and Essentials, they way they are laid out, load all the bitmaps into the Game's cache (BitmapCache.load_bitmap), same goes for the bitmaps that are used in the battle system, summary, or pretty much anywhere else. This means that the images get loaded directly into your RAM. Now, with the GIFs being rather large files, a lot of data gets loaded into your RAM. If you were to go to Task Manager, and the Processes tab, every time you'd load a GIF within the game, you would see the Working Memory of the game increasing. Eventually the game fills up with too much data and simply crashes. Which is why you need a different way of loading GIFs into the game. Everyone that just replaced the sprites with the GIFs has/will notice the same problem.

Back