• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I'm stuck at the Lumiose City gym! Has anyone else run into this problem? I got to the floor with the gym leader and saved before I took him on, determined I was no match for him with my team in the state it was and reset to make a quick trip to the Pokemon Centre before trying him again. After visiting the Pokemon Centre I went back to the gym and now I can't get the elevator to go up to the 5th floor and the quiz kids are just standing around unhelpfully. What do I do? Do I have to restart my game in order to get past this darn gym?

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I've done all of this. I bought all the stones for 10k each, the galette stand sells to me for 80, I've had my hair cut dozens of times and have unlocked all the styles for it, including the ones at the Furfrou stylist as well.

I've dined at all the battle diners including Sushi High Roller, completed the post game stuff, been to every Café, traded with Diantha, maxed my style. I spent hours doing everything in the city again and again to be sure, even after I was sure style was maxed. And this guy will STILL NOT appear for me and give me the darned hatching o-power. What could I be missing?
I'm so sorry I should have mentioned this earlier, you MUST ALSO have to get all the other O-Power prior to the Hatch O-Power. In other words, you have to re-visit old locations!
Visit the following link for location details:
http://www.serebii.net/xy/opowers.shtml

I'm stuck at the Lumiose City gym! Has anyone else run into this problem? I got to the floor with the gym leader and saved before I took him on, determined I was no match for him with my team in the state it was and reset to make a quick trip to the Pokemon Centre before trying him again. After visiting the Pokemon Centre I went back to the gym and now I can't get the elevator to go up to the 5th floor and the quiz kids are just standing around unhelpfully. What do I do? Do I have to restart my game in order to get past this darn gym?
One the kid should have moved already. Unless that is you haven't answer the question.o_O
27-gym.jpg

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
So I returned my 2DS game tonight and getting the 3DS tomorrow. I kept my pokemon y game and kept my SD memory card. When I use a different game system or if I use pokemon X will it screw up my pokemon or erase them? Will my safari friends be lost? Is there anything that could go wrong? Any help appreciated.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
So I returned my 2DS game tonight and getting the 3DS tomorrow. I kept my pokemon y game and kept my SD memory card. When I use a different game system or if I use pokemon X will it screw up my pokemon or erase them? Will my safari friends be lost? Is there anything that could go wrong? Any help appreciated.

As long as you transfer the data and file correctly, things should be fine. For that please refer to your instruction manual.

The Friend Safari depends on the 3DS Friend list itself, if you have not add your friends to your new game console, then I'm afraid you might have lost them.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
IV Breeding Help

So.... I'm trying to get perfect IV's for my Eevee which will be evolved to Sylveon, but I can't seem to get it. I know it takes awhile but if there a better approach to my method? So i caught several dittos from friend safari of which they all give two different max IV's. I have several Eevee's that give 4 max IV's (All male). Is there a way for me to get the 5th IV easier? Or should I just keep breeding 1 eevee with a ditto who's two max IV's aren't the ones the Eevee currently has? For example, one of my Eevee's has max HP, DEF, SP. ATK, and SP.DEF. Should I breed that with a Ditto that has Max ATK and SPD? I also don't need ATK since my Sylveon isn't going to have physical attacks in it's movesets. Anyways any tips?

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
If I deleted my save game, will my game sync ID change and also my friend code? thanks..

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
If I deleted my save game, will my game sync ID change and also my friend code? thanks..

Your friend code has nothing to do with any game that you put into the cartridge. Your friend code will always be for your 3ds. I'm not sure about game sync ID.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2015
Does anyone know if I need to actually beat pokemon BW to use pokebank when it's out? Cause I haven't bought the game yet....

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Does anyone know if I need to actually beat pokemon BW to use pokebank when it's out? Cause I haven't bought the game yet....

I don't think so. To transfer all your Pokémon to PokéBank, you're going to have to insert the cartridge into your 3DS and use an app called "Poké Transporter," I think. You should be able to transfer Pokémon at any time, regardless if you've beaten the game or not. If I were you, though, I would still finish it just to avoid any sort of issues. PokéBank is going to be launched on December 27th, which is about forty days away from now; you still have enough time. d:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
Anyone have an Eevee for their friend safari or Absol? If so please PM me. I am in desperate need of these.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2015
I don't think so. To transfer all your Pokémon to PokéBank, you're going to have to insert the cartridge into your 3DS and use an app called "Poké Transporter," I think. You should be able to transfer Pokémon at any time, regardless if you've beaten the game or not. If I were you, though, I would still finish it just to avoid any sort of issues. PokéBank is going to be launched on December 27th, which is about forty days away from now; you still have enough time. d:

But organic chemistry and calculus 3 takes up most of my time =[ I'll try to buy a real copy by xmas. Because I'm using a R4 on my ds lite. haha....

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Your FC depends on the game console itself, so in other words it won't as Gengar stated.
But your Game Sync will change for 100% and your old achievements on Global Link will just remain like that/it cannot carry over to your new save file, so be careful and think thoroughly before resetting your game.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Your FC depends on the game console itself, so in other words it won't as Gengar stated.
But your Game Sync will change for 100% and your old achievements on Global Link will just remain like that/it cannot carry over to your new save file, so be careful and think thoroughly before resetting your game.

oh i see... thanks for that.. so will i have to remove my current sync ID on my current GL account? how fast is the process? does it take months? weeks? days? thank you for the answers again :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
How do I breed to get rotom-w?

Is there anyway possible to breed to get rotom w?
Ive obtained one through trade but when I breed it, it automatically breeds to a Rotom. Just not the washing machine.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
oh i see... thanks for that.. so will i have to remove my current sync ID on my current GL account? how fast is the process? does it take months? weeks? days? thank you for the answers again :)

They purge records during maintenance every Tuesday morning at like 3am PST. So I deleted an entry last Tuesday at about 4pm, so I have to wait until next Tuesday before it clears out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back