• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Your Favorite Album?

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
    I looked around and didn't see this thread (sorry if it already exists). I was wondering what the overall favorite album of you guys was, plus a few other ones if you want. You can talk about the songs, overall theme, and even the album art.

Personally, I tend to cherry-pick songs off albums so I never really listen to full ones, but a notable one for me is "Time" by Electric Light Orchestra, a concept album about a guy taken from 1981 to 2095. If you listen to it, it practically tells the story of Futurama XD It doesn't have as many fast paced rock songs as I like, but the songs in it are just filled with emotion.

Some of my Other Favorite Albums are:

- "River of Dreams" by Billy Joel
    - "Hunting High and Low" by A-ha
    - "Play Deep" by The Outfield

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
    There is an "What Album Are You Obsessing Over?" thread, but it isn't quite a "favorite album thread".

Anyways, my favorite album is Close To The Edge - Yes.

I know everybody hates prog (for some stupid reason), but this album is just amazing. But chances are my favorite album will probably shift to something else next week.

Years
    Hmm... All time, Appetite For Destruction has a lot of good tracks that'll never get old for me.

I'm also really liking The 2nd Law, a Muse album that came out last year. I like most of the songs, but even the ones that I'm not a big fan of have a lasting impact for me.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Oh good. There's a thread for this. I spent about half an hour compiling images of my favorite albums into a little quilt or whatever you want to call it and now I can put it to use besides messaging a few friends sharing it with them.

I'm an album person. I like to listen to full albums rather than the hits or best songs from the albums. But I have a few albums in my catalogue that I like absolutely all the songs, with no exceptions, and under no conditions. I can be in whatever mood when I listen to any selected song from these albums, and I'll enjoy it and feel emotions its meant to express.

These are my favorite albums (1500x3000 pixels). There are fifty total:

Spoiler:

Choosing my absolute favorite from the above is impossible for me, but I will say that Awolnation, Beach Fossils, Bright Eyes, The Decemberists, Ellie Goulding, Florence + the Machine, Foster the People, The Gorillaz, The Hush Sound, Imagine Dragons, Marina and the Diamonds, Metric, MGMT, Mumford and Sons, Panic at the Disco, San Cisco, Sleigh Bells, Summer Camp, Wild Nothing, and Wolf Gang stand above the others.

There are also a few other albums that I consider favorites, but for this image here I wanted to limit it to albums that I consider perfect from start to finish and not skip a single track.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    The only album I can think of that I listen to the most is....

Slayer - "Reign in Blood"

I could listen to it forever and never get bored of it, the other 2 with similar reasons are "Peace Sells.... But Who's Buying" by Megadeth and "Master of Puppets" by Metallica.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    My all-time favorite is "Abbey Road". 2nd is Nirvana's "Nevermind" and 3rd is The Killer's "Hot Fuss."

Back