• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crimson Dawn: A Tale of Conquest [OOC]

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

Foreword

This is rated T (For blood, fantasy violence, language and moderate romance).
Bear in mind, this RP takes place in a Pokemon-only world that has absolutely nothing to do with the games or the series. This thread will only be used for submitting SUs and discussion.

Without further ado...

A Tale of Conquest

" In an age long forgotten, this land became like no other. Our land flew above land, sea, clouds even, above all else. For thousands of years it has traveled the skies on its own, moved by an unseen force. The survivors of our land's rough uprooting put the broken shards of civilization back together... they flourished, for a time, till disaster befell them. The land glided through cursed clouds, above the monstrous waves of a storm that rages eternally. The mighty winds forced our ancestors off their feet, the waves reached like watery hands to wash them away, the damned clouds ate the island away little by little. Life on the island was brought on the brink of extinction; were it not for the archaic wisdom of our people, none of us would be here now. They raised a barrier that shrouds every corner of the land, protecting it from the evil that is out there, and it is still holding up, after thousands of years. It is powered by the four Sky Nexuses, ancient edifices that were built long before our ancestors elected to use them.

The barrier gave rest to the people, allowing them to live freely and grow old again, but our kind was still scarce after the recent catastrophe. As nomadic tribes, they fought for survival, when the land was abundant for everyone. Then, as they grew in numbers and settled down, they started fighting each other, seeking dominion. Their cultures were blooming, nations were born, but the war never changed. It was the same, constant and bloody, only more treacherous and violent. The firstly-formed Kingdoms united to become two Empires, the most memorable nations of our history: Hesperia and Stygia. The history books of our time are essentially lengthy lists of all their violent wars, conflicts, disputes and vendettas. Hesperia and Stygia may not be Empires anymore, but history repeats itself before our eyes - and not even the Gold Tribe can stop it now. Ah, this island of ours... it has crossed many skies, but the peace has yet to be restored fully. For the tale of conquest never ends. It only starts anew. "

Legacy of the Gold Tribe

Near five hundred years ago, a sudden and relentless invasion overwhelmed both Empires; a great force had struck them fast and hard. They are known as the Third Threat, or the Illinkar tribes. No city's walls could withstand them - they buried everything in snow, walked over it, butchered what living remained underneath and pillaged the cities. They were no threat earlier, as they were scattered and divided into tribes fighting each other; until they became united by one of the greatest conquerors in history: Ingvar, a Beartic, who forced Hesperia and Stygia to yield under his icy wrath. He killed the former monarchs and their heirs and proclaimed himself the First Emperor of the Realm of Exathor, a ruler who ruled all that there is for the eye to see. His cruel, tyrannical rule and ruthless, zero-tolerance politics brought the people on their knees. The first singular monarch of the island would see it bled dry.

Two men had appeared on the island. Foreign men with ideals strange and unheard of at the time, propositions suggestive and dangerous. They spoke of liberty, love and peace, and found many supporters in folk, who sought the same, a land free of cruelty and oppression. Be it Hesperian or Stygian, people from both nationalities joined the increasingly growing group of Pokemon who shared a common cause: to overthrow Emperor Ingvar and restore the peace. They were called the Gold Tribe, valiant defenders of the people who were well received by everyone who was not Illinkar. The Illinkar ignored them as a petty people's movement at first, but that gave them more ground to grow significantly in a short time, and soon, the whole Realm had risen against its Emperor to fight beside or within the Gold Tribe. As they claimed victories by freeing towns and cities, they proved to be far more capable and dangerous adversaries than the Emperor had anticipated. In sight of an important battle that would determine the fate of the Realm, Emperor Ingvar made preparations for his defense, but death came to him before the Gold Tribe. The Illinkar, leaderless, were crushed and they were left scattered and divided.

The leaders of the Gold Tribe at the time, Pyrodax and Vellas, issued a command that was against the Gold Tribe's values of liberty, but necessary for the certainty of a prolonged time of peace: give the Illinkar no quarter, and vanquish them entirely. The Realm was soon free by the last of the Third Threat. However, the first two threats remained: Hesperia and Stygia. Naturally, if they were allowed to become Empires again, war would soon return. Pyrodax and Vellas understood this, so in the place of Emperor Ingvar, they raised another Emperor of their own choosing: Theradras. They crowned him Ruler of All Exathian Nations and the First Man of Union and Alliance, an Emperor whose duty would be to solve and cease all conflicts, should they appear, a ruler who would use the full might of the Gold Tribe in his efforts to preserve the peace. A constitution was created and a council was established to advise the ruler of Exathor, but also to keep him in check. A Realm that was bleeding from a thousand wars readily accepted the merciful prospect of peace and union, and thus, there has only been one true nation on the island, up to this day.

The Sky-Gliding Island

Exathor, 1059 AP

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Stygian Rebellion

The peace in the sky-gliding island has been restored with the coming of the Gold Tribe, but not without trouble. Many conflicts have risen in the near-five hundred years the peacekeepers have been on the island, though not at the large scale of the old wars between Hesperia and Stygia. The last conflict appeared nine years ago: the rebellion of two of the five Lord Commanders of the Stygian Tribes. Two tribes, Vanir and Tocan, joined forces to overthrow the Head of the Stygian High Command, Althalos Montfort, also Lord Commander of the Eshir tribe. The tribe's intent was to reach Alamagna and siege it, but the joined effort of Eshir, Otori and the Gold Tribe forced them in a battle in the Deathbringer's Mark, where they yielded, abandoning their rebellion.

In the present, Vanir and Tocan have risen again in rebellion, and the tribe of Shukahen with them as well. Their renewed fury has allowed them to outmaneuver the defenders of peace in the Deathbringer's Mark, and now they are laying siege on the Stygian Capital Alamagna. The Gold Tribe survivors from the last battle have all retreated in the city and are preparing a last stand to protect the city from the invaders.

Engagement

You are one of the remaining members of the Gold Tribe in Alamagna; you can either be a rookie, or a well-respected, important and accomplished member whose voice is appreciated in the matters of war. As a member of the Gold Tribe, you have to listen and carry out commands of the leader, Garland Fordring, or the Emperor himself, but you may speak freely against them.

The Gold Tribe: The Gold Tribe is a brotherhood of elite fighters united under a single cause: to protect the Realm and the Emperor's peace and solve all conflicts that arise. They are peacekeepers, trained to die defending the Realm against powerful enemies. One of their secondary duties is to protect important figures of authority like the members of the Council. The members of the tribe are treating each other like family, often referring to each other as 'brother' and 'sister'. They are vigilant, selfless protectors of the people with a deep sense of honor and duty, and treat people, especially their own, with respect. The tribe is usually led by a leader, elected often by the former leader based on their worthiness for leadership. Commonly, there is a person Second-In-Command. The members of the Gold Tribe can be indentified by golden emblems/insignias that each member wears somewhere on their bodies, in the form of a necklace, a bracelet, an armband, etc. Usually, in order to join the Gold Tribe, one must have graduated from the Exathian College of Union and Liberty (ECUL).

SU Format:

Spoiler:

Guidelines & Credits

1. All PC rules apply.
2. The standard no godmodding or bunnying, unless given permission.
3. This is rated T, for fantasy violence, blood, language, romance, etc.
4. Be active. If I deem you're not active enough, you'll be removed from the RP; if you don't reply to any requests I might send to you, I will boot you out.
5. Good grammar is required. It's a step towards a quality post.
6. You may have up to two characters. You may kill off one of them and submit another one only once.
7. You're free to make up NPCs as you like.
8. Listen to me at all times, if we're to keep this running smoothly, and I'll answer any questions you may have regarding anything, but my patience isn't a rubber band that you can stretch for as long as you like.
9. Have fun, that's a rule. If you find yourself not having fun, you're free to tell me, and we'll work things out like polite people, hm?

Credits

To SV
, first and foremost. For all the things I've learned from him, for all the motivation and inspiration he has given me, for permitting me to continue the tale of the Gold Tribe. Cheers, bud!
To Cirrus, for letting me use his wonderful CSS code for the layout of the thread. Thanks!
To GastlyGibus and linkandzelda, for support! You're awesome, people.
To Whispered (band), for making godly music that kept my ears easy company during the time of this thread's making (a time of madness, that is).
To various artists, which I took the art displayed in the thread from.

Character Database

- Accepted Characters -

Vaults of Reflection

The Vaults of Reflection
are dedicated to the safekeeping and constant updating of all the amassed historical records and knowledge of Exathor. Each section is a series of sealed rooms, chambers, halls and corridors, all of which serve as storage for vast amounts of information, compiled into massive compendiums and albums of immense historical importance. But there are personal chambers as well, rented by individuals who requested that their information was stored. It is in these private chambers where the memories of an individual are stored, and the ability to 'view' them has become available - through the following novels:

Frank's Vault - A Tour Through Exathian History
Colossus's Vault - The Windseer Rebellion
Achilles's Vault - The Sacred Fruit
Cassandra and Tavhir's Vault - Reminiscing
Jacob's Vault - Trespassing
Thrasher's Vault - Thrasher's Tales
Sophia's Vault - A Childhood Friend

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
fantastic and I'm working on an SU now. My first question would come to items. Should I consider these pokemon to have similar technology to the medieval/high fantasy genre? Also should I look into any equipment? It wouldn't be unreasonable that with the growth of culture the pokemon may develop arms and armor.

Also if I may reserve a pokemon in specific I'd be running a Chespin.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
You're reserved.

To answer your question, there are no weapons, nor armor in this RP. The technology matches that of a natural world of Pokemon, with a few exceptions, such as the zeppelin; Pokemon have their moves if they wish to attack, and they can use their quickness (or Protect or any similar move) if they wish to defend themselves.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Reserving until I can finish my Sign-ups.

Glad to see this is finally up. Your work definitely paid off, I'd say. :D

Also, I wrote 400 words for my characters history... is that overdoing it? :P

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hey, there. Just putting up my SUs for now, they're a WIP.

Jacob Marinos
Spoiler:

Sophia Marinos
Spoiler:

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I hope it doesn't matter but I'm switching to chestnaught just for the way the character is the chespin doesn't fit. Also is a custom sprite alright for appearance?

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Count me in! I'll make a sign up when I am able, which hopefully will be soon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
@GastlyGibus, Garet, SV you're all reserved. Looking forward to all of your SUs

@jasonwolf a simple sprite image will suffice, but I'd like it if you listed any extraordinary traits your character might have, using only a few words, just to make sure I don't miss anything.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Boop! I'm in if you'll have me. Am I to assume that Gen 6 is ignored in your RP? Otherwise there would be 17 type masteries, not 16, because of Fairy type.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
@NecrumWarrior, SeekerOfDarkness, CourageHound, True Epicness you guys are reserved. The spots are full for now. New SUs may still be submitted from people other than the reserved ones.

Boop! I'm in if you'll have me. Am I to assume that Gen 6 is ignored in your RP? Otherwise there would be 17 type masteries, not 16, because of Fairy type.

I seem to have forgotten about the Fairy type. You're right, there should be 17 type masteries.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
@NecrumWarrior, SeekerOfDarkness, CourageHound, True Epicness you guys are reserved. The spots are full for now. New SUs may still be submitted from people other than the reserved ones.

I seem to have forgotten about the Fairy type. You're right, there should be 17 type masteries.
Okay, cool, just wanted to be sure. Thanks for adding me.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Alright then, here goes nothing. Got two characters for this.

First, Tavhir.

Spoiler:

Second, Cassandra.

Spoiler:

Roleplay sample text:

Spoiler:

If there are any issues, let me know and I'll work on correcting them as soon as I am able. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
@GastlyGibus alright, there's nothing wrong with it. Tavhir and Cassandra are accepted!

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Unfinished but im just so excited I had to put this much up.

Spoiler:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I'd like to join but the problem is that I won't be able to actually post till the 28th. If that's fine, then I'll post the SU soon.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well… I decided to give in and go for this. Anyways I have Demetrus as the first SU and Matthew as the second.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

RP Sample - Take from Crossroads:

Spoiler:

Back