• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] A Unovan Tale [T] [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
  • you should discuss what your starter personalities will be like! Will your starter not get along with your trainer at first? Will it be battle-ready once you receive it?

There is a reason I gave Sabrina Snivy. Smugleaf is real! :P

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    Umbra is sort of like the raptors in Jurassic Park - terrifying and probably too smart for her own good (or anyone else for that matter). She's unpredictable at times, and has a penchant for biting things and asking questions later, if ever. Her preferred method of battle is simply tearing into things before they have a chance to try and fight back - she'll often sneak around to leap at an enemy's back and bring them down from there.

Luckily, or perhaps not, she seems to have taken a liking to her trainer, and thus has refrained herself to only attempting to maul things she see's as a threat to him; unfortunately, what she constitutes as a threat seems to be everything. Oh dear. Her violent tendencies aside, Umbra appears to be loyal to Musica, or as loyal as she could be.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Venus is going to be a bit more skiddish when she comes to battle. It's going to be more like she's very nervous and uncomfortable with it as a whole at the start... probably until she evolves to her second form. :3

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years

• tumblr_n3vwcblshu1s5k8f5o1_500.gif

Peter Doggett

Height: 6'2
    Chosen Starter: Elekid

Appearance

Standing at a slightly above-average six-foot-two, Peter is a rather long and lanky young man. Although he isn't all that tall the length of his arms and legs give others the illusion that his body stretches on forever. He's packed with lean muscle, built up from hours upon hours of running through the snowy forests around his home in Snowpoint City. While this doesn't make him incredibly strong, the regimen that he went through has made it so his stamina possesses an almost endless amount. Equipped with his shining blue eyes and a seemingly always brooding expression, he is the equivalent of what his mother calls a "lady killer". However, this couldn't be further from the truth as others tend to shy away from the virtually irate countenance that he most often sports.

His hair is dark and whispy, stretching down to the back of his neck and often across his face. Peter often brushes it across when he is feeling nervous, which happens quite frequently. As for his attire, the teen boy wears a dull black track jacket with a single stripe that goes down each sleeve. He bears either khakis or jeans to go with that, along with a pair of fresh running shoes. While his typical apparel is rather mundane there is one article of clothing that stands out quite a bit. Almost all the time he dons a tattered red bandanna around his neck. While it doesn't match with the rest of his outfit at all, he treasures the piece of cloth and it adorns his neck throughout the day and night.

Personality

As frigid as the frosty mountain tops of his hometown, Peter is apathetic to most others that he meets. With the exception of a select few, he is uninterested in other's matters. He is often easily annoyed, but does have a softer side hidden under his steel exterior. However, he also has a weak spot for pokemon, as he adores every species and delights in caring for the creatures. Of course he tries his hardest to keep it under wraps, but when a pichu comes running by there's no stopping his urge to cuddle the living hell out of it.

Going hand in hand with his cold surface, Peter is calm and calculating in nearly all circumstances. The key word in that sentence was nearly. While this maybe true in most of the situations that he is put in there are a number of things that can break his composure in a moments notice. Most notable of these are females that are of the same age as he is. Perhaps it stems from the way his father would talk about his own womanizing ways that Peter is much less confident and composed around young women. The most obvious indication being his quite apparent stutter that appears when he arrives in this nervous state.

Brief History

The son of gym leader, Candice, Peter was born and raised in the desolate winter wonderland that is Snowpoint City. There is no real "tragic" past or story that the boy bears. His parents loved and cared for their son, often to the point of irritating him. And while there weren't any other children for him to play with, he had the pokemon of the forest surrounding the city to keep himself company. Even if he didn't have them there was always the constant wave of trainers and other travelers that stopped by the quite unimpressive city, but there was one visitor that had guided him into the path that he now took.

They met for the first time when he was just past the age of ten. By that point Peter's parents had already been grooming him as the heir of the Snowpoint City gym. As the son of the gym leader and a well known ace trainer, it was expected of the boy to become a pokemon trainer when he grew older. While he went along with their instruction to keep his parents satisfied, he didn't care much for battling. The aspect of teaming with pokemon for a greater goal was rather appealing to him, but to devote his entire life to combating with travelling trainers didn't seem like a very entrancing way to spend the rest of his days.

During an off day while his mother was taking on a challenger, he found himself caring for a snorunt that had been injured in a fight with another wild pokemon. The process gave him a considerable amount of happiness and the permanently brooding look on his face had melted away into a wide grin. It was then that Peter heard a stiffed giggle coming from behind him. He whipped around looking for the source and found a pretty young woman, probably in her mid twenty's standing behind him. She wore a red bandanna on her head along with a black coat over an olive green apron. He stammered for what seemed like hours before she decided to speak herself. "You're doing a great job of taking care of that pokemon there."

His pale skin had now turned a shade of bright red. "Uh-uh-mhmm. Yeah..." He looked away and focused his attention on the pokemon he had been attending to earlier. "You should wrap the bandages this way around not that way." Peter jumped out of his skin as the girl was now crouched right over his shoulder, observing his technique. "F-f-f-ine! Go ahead and do it yourself!" He almost screeched as he scurried away from her, watching her with each step backwards. "You have loads of potential. Come over here and I can show you a couple more tricks in caring for a pokemon." Hesitantly, the boy crept back over and watched as she explained in depth on a number of techniques.

As time grew on Peter began to feel more comfortable around the girl's warm and loving personality. They sat together in the snow and discussed a variety of topics ranging from life in Snowpoint to the best way to raise a pokemon and then she brought up the discussion that would change his life. "Have you ever thought about becoming a Pokemon Breeder?" She asked him. "Pokemon Breeder?" The girl nodded her head. "Yeah, that's what I am! We breed and raise pokemon for their health and friendship." This was what Peter had always wanted. He just didn't know a dream job like this existed. "How do I become one?!" He blurted out, just barely containing his excitement. "Woah, hold on buddy. You don't really need anything to become one... You just start up shop and get to raising your friends."

Now this was beyond anything that he had ever dreamed. "Then how can I start?!" She held up her hands in mock defense. "Hey now don't you think you're a little young to be starting?" As much as he wanted to argue against her point he knew she was right and besides his parents had their own future for him in mind. They sat in silence for a couple moments before the girl pulled out a poketech and jumped up. "Oh shoot, I really got to get going. It's already getting pretty late and I got to get down the mountain before night." She moved in closer and rustled Peter's hair. "Good luck in life buddy. Maybe some day I'll see you again as a world famous breeder."

He bit down on his lip trying to stop himself from saying anything that would have made him seem any weaker than when she first met him. "What's your name? You never told me." She gave him an almost surprised look when he asked. "Really? I could have sworn I did... My name's April! Pokemon breeder April." Peter bit down harder as he felt a feeling of warmth towards this girl even though they had only spent an afternoon together. "Well April, I'm going to become a way better breeder than you ever will be!" He pointed a shaking finger at her. She looked him over for a bit and came in close. She untied the red bandanna that was tied in her hair and wrapped it around his neck. "Here's something to remember me by when you become a great." And with that the first human friend he had ever made walked away towards the entrance of Mt. Coronet.

From that day on Peter devoted himself to the studies of Breeding and Raising Pokemon. While his parents didn't accept it at first, they eventually understood how much passion went into it for him. On his sixteenth birthday an opportunity to embark on a journey around the Unova Region arose. Both he and his parents believed it to be a beneficial opportunity for him, so he accepted and has made his way to Aspertia City.

Goals

While Peter hails from a lineage of distinguished line of Pokemon Trainers, his ambitions are to train and become a successful pokemon breeder. He believes that taking this journey along side a team of pokemon will enable him to better understand pokemon in general and progress him a step closer to being able to care for a pokemon to the best of his abilities.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Both the dawg and the PokePower are accepted! :)

I am about to post the IC right now, so tomorrow I'll be pestering Swifty in approving it so that way you guys can start roleplaying! :)

For those of you that haven't submitted your SUs in, I will VM you in a moment. OH WAIT EVERYONE GOT THEIR SUs IN WOW GOOD JOB GUYS COOKIES FOR ALL OF YOU.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    Excellent! Hopefully a few people will manage to put up with skittish Musica and his pet raptor/ground monstrosity Umbra, and he'll have a few friends as this RP plays out. Can't wait for the IC!

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
  • Excellent! Hopefully a few people will manage to put up with skittish Musica and his pet raptor/ground monstrosity Umbra, and he'll have a few friends as this RP plays out. Can't wait for the IC!

I think Sabrina might wind up taking advantage of him somehow. :P

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • IC is now up! Happy posting you guys! I'm not too sure own how long me and megan will keep this chapter up but an update will be coming soon

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
  • Pfft, sounds like a plan haha. Hopefully she won't do anything too bad to him; poor boy is skittish enough as is. :P

It'll be mostly having him carrying her shopping bags and stuff. :P

Speaking of shopping, I had her go to the Pokemon Center if anyone wants some interaction before they go. :3

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    It'll be mostly having him carrying her shopping bags and stuff. :P

Speaking of shopping, I had her go to the Pokemon Center if anyone wants some interaction before they go. :3

He'll probably be alright then; he'd probably make a good lacky, or at least a nice free butler.

I'll see about having him pop that way once I post then! :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I forgot to mention one itty bitty thing on the IC post: you are free to make as many posts as you like in a single chapter, so that way you don't feel pressured in making one GIANT post for each chapter. Sounds like a bit of relief, no? xD

Should anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to message myself or Ozymandias the dawg and we will answer them asap~ have fun, guys! I will read the posts in just a bit.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Hey, I posted!

@Monster Guy: Not gonna lie, I'm kind of hoping that Smugleaf Persephone will be getting a monocle or Top Hat.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back