• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Digimon Adventure: DigiDestined (M) (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023

ARC 1: DIGITAL ACCESS... GRANTED, EPISODE 1: THE DAY IT ALL CHANGED

Digimon Adventure: DigiDestined (M) (IC)

EMILY WALLACE
    New York: Saturday March 29th, 2014​

[FONT="Arial Black"]E[/FONT]mily heard her cellphone ring from underneath the blankets, forcing her to abandon the task at hand. She took off the covers and reached for the device, only taking a second to smile at Erin who looked rather impatient with the interruption, but smiled back at her anyways. A mere second went by before she cursed and jumped out of bed, not even taking the time to grab some clothes. "Get ready," she told Erin as she reached the door. "We're going to be late!" Without even waiting for a reply, she turned and ran for the bathroom.

Faster than she thought she was possible, she jumped in to the shower, cleaned off, and got right back out. Not even taking the time to dry off, she grabbed the towel hanging off the rack. She walked out of the bathroom only to hear Erin yelling from the kitchen. "Why are you yelling at the TV?" She asked him, walking into the living room as she wrapped the towel around her body, albeit loosely. Emily expected him to be watching something stupid. It was early morning after all and half the time, the only thing that was on was Sesame Street or something similar. Of course, she did not expect him to simply be standing there with nothing on and a bowl of cereal in his hands. "Erin, what are you doing?" There were just some days where she didn't know what to do with him. One day, he'd be acting like a grown man and the next, like a child… Ok, he always acted like a child.

"Mr. Noodles doesn't know where his goddamn hands are!" Erin replied, clearly exasperated by the fictional character on TV. "What does he wash when he gets out of the bathroom? His dick?" Erin walked from their small kitchen area and sat at the table, taking a bite of his Frosted Flakes. He didn't look over at Emily until then. "Did you want a bowl? I didn't make you any."

"I just told you that we were gonna be late," she said to him, her voice sounding somewhat stressed. "I have an extra practice before the meet on Tuesday and it wouldn't exactly be smart to skip." She rubbed her temples slowly, trying to release some of the stress before she blew up. "We have about fifteen minutes before we have to go, so please, bare with me." She tried to give him a smile before heading back to the bedroom.

"But what about breakfast!? You can't skip the most important meal of the day!" Erin yelled after her.

"Make me a snack for the ride!" She called out to him before grabbing her bag. Luckily enough, she had packed for the practice, even if she hadn't exactly remembered it. Not wasting any time, she proceeded to put on what she needed; underwear, her red and white leotard, and finally a pair of black shorts. Slinging her bag over her shoulder, she began going through her boyfriend's clothes, randomly grabbing whatever she thought would work. "Trade?" she asked quickly as she rushed back into the kitchen, grabbing the bowl from Erin's hands and handing him the clothes.

"But what about my important meal?!" Erin asked before swallowing his food. "I haven't even made the PB&J yet! And are these my Saturday clothes?"

"Saturday clothes?" she questioned. "I found these on the floor. Try and hurry up if you can. Maybe we can finish what we started afterwards." She gave him a smile before taking a bite. Ten minutes left was all they had. Hopefully, nothing would get in their way at this point.

"You mean restart. He and I both know that I was the one to finish that job." Erin put on his clothes which was really just a pair of blue jeans and a dark green shirt. "And do you want me to starve?" He asked, gesturing to his rudely stolen breakfast. "I haven't even made your snack yet!"

"There's only three spoonfuls left," Emily teased before giving him a bite, "and don't worry about a snack. I'll be fine with the rest of this. Grab your keys, alright?"

"Keys…?" Erin patted his pants pockets and looked around the small area around them. "Do I even know where my keys are?" He walked passed Emily, looking left and right across the apartment before going into his not-so-clean room to look through the clothes on the floor or maybe somewhere in his bed. "I put them next to the bed last night didn't I?" Erin asked from the room to Emily as he looked at the empty nightstand he'd just mention. Erin scratched his head, absolutely confused.

"I'll look out here," she called in reply. He'd misplace his arm if it wasn't attached, she thought as she tooked the short, few step into the living room. Unlike Erin's room, it was at least relatively clean. Move a pillow here, check between the seats there, and in no time at all, she found the keys. They were those same old Toyota car keys with the cute little frog keychain on them. It'd been blowing the same plastic, pink bubblegum for months now.

"Holy sh*t, I just found a twenty!" Erin yelled from his room.

"Holy sh*t, I just found your keys!" She teased. "Get out here!" Erin came out of the room a moment later with a twenty in his hand and an ear-to-ear grin.

"You've got the keys. I've got the twenty. Wanna go to iHop after this gymnastic thing?"

"Sure, as long as we get to the gym on--" Emily was cut off when the lights began to flicker. "What the hell is going on?" She said turning around. Everywhere the electronics were flashing on and off. In the kitchen, the microwave flashed as if it was cooking invisible food every few seconds, and in the living room, the TV was rapidly switching through channels before stopping on static. "Erin, I think this is a sign that we should get moving."

That's when everything immediately turned off, leaving nothing but the snow on the screen. In a matter of seconds the TV glowed brightly before a light flew from the it and to Emily's pocket, doing the same to Erin's watch right after. The watch morphed into a sleeker design, causing Emily to reach into her pocket. Grabbing what she had thought to be her phone, a watch of the same design, albeit different colors, immediately attached itself to her. "What is going on?" She cried, trying to rid herself of the watch to no avail. Erin did the same but didn't get a single budge. The TV flashed itself again and this time with two large objects coming from the screen. Slowly, they floated to the ground and onto the apartment floor, causing the lights to go off once more.

The pair stared at the eggs for a few seconds waiting to see what would happen. Soon enough, the electricity come back on and after a few more moments Emily moved closer to the large eggs. She reached for one, its yellow surface covered with orange stripes; beside her, Erin did the same, his egg covered in blue splotches here and there.

"So…" Erin said, a large grin on his face. "Does this count as part of my sports package?"

"I think it would probably be a part of the Animal Planet package…" She replied, still staring at the egg. Sighing, she looked at her phone…her watch. "Erin, we got to go!"​

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Digimon Adventure: DigiDestined (M) (IC)

Newark International Airport, New York, United States

Friday March 28th, 2014

It was dark outside when the plane finally touched down in Newark International Airport. For hours Julie had been flying economy class with the rest of her university soccer team including coach and manager. From Taipei they had caught a local flight to Beijing, and then from Beijing they headed to New York stopping once in Abu Dhabi for a couple of nights before catching a connecting flight. It had been a long, arduous journey across half the globe stuck in the aeroplane; however it made the final landing that much sweeter. Julie stretched her arms, arching her back in the process as she felt the wheels collide with the tarmac and jolt the plane. She had tried to get as much sleep as possible but the seats provided little comfort and room to properly sleep. Julie enviously eyed the sleeping figure of Jing resting in the seat next to her. The girl looked as if she had no trouble sleeping up against the window. On Julie's other side their teammate sweated profusely; clutching the armrests tightly as her fingernails dug into the soft fabric.

"Thank you for flying Emirates Airlines. Please make sure your tray tables are folded away and our seat is in its upright position…" The flight attendant rattled off the series of post-flight advice firstly in English followed by Standard Arabic and finally Mandarin. Understanding little of the first two languages, Julie bit her thumb waiting for the Chinese to come on overhead.

"Wake up," Julie spoke in Mandarin as she poked the sleeping Jing, "Wake up, Jing." She continued to do so until the girl swiped Julie's hand away and yawned as she sat up.

"Where are we?" Jing asked wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her jacket, "We arrived in America yet?"

"No, we're still in Abu Dhabi," Julie answered sarcastically. "Of course we're in America, let's go catch up with the others." Julie pushed herself up from the seat and stood in the isle before grabbing both her and Jing's bags from the storage above their head. At first she brought down Jing's carry-on bag, tossing it at her before taking down her own. Behind her a grumpy western man pushed past, grumbling something in English that she could not hear nor understand.

With Jing up from her seat, the two proceeded down the aisle past the rows of empty seats that had once been filled with people. As they exited out the front door a kind looking White woman stood by the door, bidding farewell to everyone who stepped off. When it was Julie and Jing's turn the lady smiled at them, speaking something in presumably English. Not knowing what to say or what to do, Julie quickly nodded at the woman before pressing on across the sky bridge. From there the two of then followed the signs with an array of languages written on them to the customs departure lounge where the rest of their team stood.

"We will be going through customs in a separate line as a group. After that you will need to claim your bags from the baggage carousel and proceed through bag check." Their manager spoke to them all while handing out cards that he had filled out before hand, "give these to the men at the counter and they will put your bag through a scanning machine. We will all gather back outside." Without any questions their manager and coach went ahead to talk the team through customs one at a time.

Once through the gate Julie followed the rest of her teammates and other passengers along a hallway until it opened up to a large conveyor belt carrying various people's luggage. She kept an eye out for her own bag as she watched every suitcase pass before her. Next to her a man talked rapidly in some language on the phone while a presumably American could stood on her other side kissing each other in public. Jing hid her face and turned the other way to give them privacy, hoping that she didn't have to see too much of it on her trip here.

"I heard Bairen like kissing and other things in public." Jing laughed as she stood next to Julie, poking her with her elbow.

Julie shivered, she didn't like public displays of affection, "They talk so fast, right? It's like they're in such a hurry." Julie smiled at Jing who giggled.

"And so loud!" The two continued to talk about the funny ways in which Westerners acted, out of them both Jing was the most racist towards them. Not that she disliked them, but she knew a lot of jokes about Westerners that weren't overly nice.

Julie cried out in surprise as her bag finally came around the bend in the conveyor belt. When it passed in front of her she pushed past two Westerners standing right in front of the conveyor belt to grab it. They both glared at her as she turned around to take her bag to the next checkpoint, the taller man even saying something that Julie thought was no doubt rude. Leaving Jing to her own devices, Julie moved into the line of congregating people that moved slowly through the screening area. When she finally arrived at the desk she handed the piece of paper to the man that her manager had given her. She was taken aback when he asked her a question in English but simply nodded hoping to get through the gate quickly.

As she moved through the screening area, a tall and imposing woman motioned for her to go over to her before explaining something, again in English. Julie could feel her heart racing; there was only so much she could get away with by nodding. Her parents had even given her an electronic dictionary and travel guide before she left, but both were in her suitcase which was currently being scanned. The woman held out each of Julie's arm as she waved a metal detector across the front, back and sides of Julie's body. When she was finished the lady pointed to a man who was holding her suitcase, ready for Julie to pick up. Breathing a sigh of relief, Julie took her bag from the nice man and moved on through a set of doors to her soccer group standing beyond.

From the airport they took a bus to an island called "Manhattan" where their hotel was situated. It took them a while to get there, giving Julie some time to rest her eyes while the bus jolted down the streets. Once at the hotel, their manager had to check them in and Julie was just wishing they could get into their hotel rooms and fall asleep in a bed. They had to swap the key cards to their room around a bit, but finally Jing and Julie managed to get a room together. Not even bothering to turn on the lights or fight over which bed was whose, the two girls collapsed on the beds and promptly fell asleep.

Saturday March 29th, 2014

Sunlight was streaming through the window as Jing launched herself onto Julie's bed. Through groggy eyes she could see that Jing was all geared up for an early morning jog that they often went on back in Taiwan. She wasn't quite sure why Jing would be so eager to get up this morning, but then again she had slept more on the plane than Julie had.

"Get up, Julie, I saw a park from the window!"

"There are parks in Taiwan, how is this one different?" Julie was grumpy that Jing had woken her up, but even if she tired, she would find it difficult to fall back asleep.

"This one is in America! Get up! Get dressed! Let's go!" Jing pretty much ordered Julie through her excitement.

Groggily, Julie agreed. Rolling out of bed, she made her way over to the suitcase she had dumbed opposite her bed. Rifling through the clothes and items, she quickly found her running shoes and clothes and retired to the bathroom to put them on. A minute later and she was heading out the door with Jing, wrapping her Samsung Gear 2 Neo around her right wrist as a last addition. Julie happily let Jing lead the way out of the hotel and down the street, jogging towards the park in the distance. This way if they got lost, Julie could easily blame Jing for losing them.

"That Bairen is handsome, right?" Jing nodded to a tall, muscular guy who ran past them as they jogged in the opposing direction.

"You think every Bairen is handsome, did you come to American just to look for a boyfriend?" Julie smiled as she started jogging faster, pulling ahead of Jing and forcing her to up her pace. The air in New York reminded her of the Beijing air, almost making it hard to breath. It was definitely second-rate to the air in Taipei.

Jing caught up, slightly more out of breath, "Why not? I'm not here just to play Soccer…" Knowing that she was the faster of the two, Jing started sprinting forward, almost losing Julie in Central Park.

A few minutes later and the two girls had returned to their hotel rooms sweating from head to toe and out of breath. Jing called the first shower leaving Julie to wait it out. She turned on the TV to some random channel where a bunch of ladies sat on a stage talking. Despite not understanding a word of it, Julie found it interesting to watch as if differed vastly to the television over in Taiwan. She was almost enjoying it when the lights started to flicker. At first she thought it was just bad wiring in the hotel until the television in front of her began flickering from channel to channel and finally to static.

Next to her the alarm clock started switching times erratically and changing radio channels and she even heard Jing yell out in the shower. Over in the kitchen the microwave, kettle and even toaster flicked on and begun to join in on the haywire madness. Whatever was going on had Julie freaked, and as she buried her face in her legs as she brought them up against her body. When the light flew from the TV and struck her wrist, she yelped and tried to remove the light encapsulated Gear 2 but to no avail.

Everything around her was now pitch black leaving only the static on the TV. She watched the light fly back to the television but not before it spat out an oversized egg, sending it drifting from the TV down onto the foot of Julie's bed. When she went to touch the egg she noticed the glowing device on her wrist was no longer the Gear 2 her parents had brought her for her birthday. What she was looking at was some orange and brown device similar to her Gear 2 but no longer the same thing. It puzzled her how exactly the TV had managed to not only change her Gear 2 but also spit out an oversized chicken egg.

As the lights flickered back on, everything seemed to return to normal as if it never happened. Jing came out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel but still wet, "What just happened? My shower went hot and cold then everything went…black" Jing lost her train of thought as she noticed the egg sitting on the foot of Julie's bed.

"It came out of the TV!" Julie exclaimed, "I didn't know American TVs could do that!"​

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
    Kyeong-Jun
    Saturday - March 29th, 2014

Jun sat at the edge of his bed, dressed in nothing but his pale-blue boxers. His sheets was strewn over the bed and his pillows laid in disarray. His thumb was pressed lightly on the square-shape directional pad as he read through his messages. He didn't really understand why, but people still asked for his phone address. It was strange to him because he really didn't interact that much with people. Besides the traditional greetings and responses, he usually kept conversations short. He considered it a miracle that people still wanted to be associated with him.

He shifted his messages up to the latest one received. Looking closely at the time he was a bit shocked to see it was sent to him at 4:30 in the morning. Then he looked at the name and realized that it was pretty typical of that guy. A wide-mouth yawn left him as he opened it.

Jun, I know its late and don't even ask me why I'm up lol.
    But I have this neat idea for something to do today. You in?

He quickly hashed out a response. Although he didn't want to go, it just so happen that he had the perfect excuse today. He one-handedly typed out his response. His eyes glued to the top screen.

Can't.
    Gotta go to my stepdad's promotion dinner this afternoon.
    Maybe some other time.

Snapping the phone shut, he stood up from his bed and walked out to the bathroom for his usual early morning piss. It had been a harsh punishment to make himself wait but it wasn't like he hadn't done it before. A few minutes later, because that piss was the longest ever, and Jun was walking back into his room to prepare for his shower. It hadn't taken long to find a few pieces of clothing to wear around the house. With a white t-shirt slung over his shoulder and black shorts in his grasp he walked back into the bathroom.

It was quiet in the small apartment. His mother was still snug in her bed and his neighbor's kids weren't bumping against the wall like usual. To be honest, he wasn't all that interested in Peter. He could say that he held a little resentment towards the man for moving him from Seoul, but than his mother would had been unhappy and he didn't want that. He stripped down with that thought in his head and stepped into the shower.

An hour or so later and Jun was leaning on the black railing outside his apartment. The air in New York wasn't exactly bad but it wasn't good either. He could practically smell the pollution and all around, he could see buildings. The area he lived in was urban and overcrowded. He shifted to his side slightly as his neighbor left their apartment as well, the sound of the door opening alerting him.

She was an older woman, probably in her early thirties or later twenties; he had taken the time to find out. The white lady turned to look at him, a quick smile turning her lips up before she waved at him. "I always see you here in the morning," She told him. "You're the earliest bird I've ever seen." She tossed her ravenous hair behind her ear and started locking her door.

"I suppose so," Jun said while turning back around towards the railing. "Have a nice day, Mrs. Bell."

"You too, June" uttered the white lady before making her way down the walkway and than stairs.

Jun eye'd her until she got into the car and drove off. He doubted she was ever going to get his name right. He stretched his arms up towards the sky when a sudden and almost annoying flickering sound erupted loudly around him. Jun turned his head towards the light fixtures hanging above, their erratic flickering wasn't new. But this time it just had a certain feeling about it. All the fixtures were blinking on and off at the same time. It was like they were all confused or something.

He stared up at it, his dark brows laying over his eyes until it finally stopped a few minutes later. I'll tell mom to call the repair man later, he told himself. He was feeling uneasy as he walked back inside the apartment. Never experienced one, but I heard New York is famous for blackouts.

As he walked pass the living room to head back, he saw a crimson blur in his peripheral vision. " Huh?" he uttered as he backpedaled back into the living room. On the pine-table, in front of the TV sat a large egg, perfectly balanced and still like. The crimson colored egg had a orange triangle in the middle of itself and looked as if should had tipped over. Jun walked over to it, knowing that it wasn't there the first time he had walked through to leave; there was no way he would had missed it. He sat down on the brown leather-couch in front of the TV, his left index finger tapping his temple as he looked at it.

Then suddenly, the lights started flickering on again and a rose colored light zoomed from out of the black-screen TV and latched onto his wrist. Jun lifted his arm up eye-level in quick motion. Shocked and surprised he jolted up to his feet and simply stared at it with caution as started to die out. His eyes lingered on a mainly white and rose colored high-tech watch. It was literally locked on his left wrist. Dammit... I can't get it off! he cursed to himself while tugging at it.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Mariah Lopez
    New York City - Willow Arms Unit 4D
    March 29th, 2014

A gentle breeze blew through the bedroom via the open window near Mariah's bed. Sitting atop of it, the girl was curled up towards the top. A notebook sat on her legs, as the girl was using her knees as a table of sorts. She stared quietly at the blank pages before her, absentmindedly chewing on the eraser of her pencil.

"It needs to be something... engaging. Something that people will want to talk about forever once they read..." Mariah mused to herself quietly. "The whole slay the dragon and save a princess angle has been done to death. Maybe if I focus on another sort of creature... but what? Gargoyles, maybe? Or griffins...?"

Mariah sighed, running her fingers through her hair in frustration. The last thing any author wanted, rather published and famous or just starting out and... well, a nobody was an intense case of writer's block. It was even worse when that block happened to strike before one had even really began writing their story. And that is exactly the sort of issue that Mariah found herself clashing with at this very moment.

Glancing about her location, the girl sighed and nodded. "The room. It's the room! It's totally stuffing my creativity down a hole and locking it in place with a rock. I need air... Fresh air would be good, yeah..."

Hopping off her bed, Mariah stretched before moving about to gather her writing supplies. She took hold of a rather large, light purple shoulder bag which had been resting on one of her bed posts, and dumped her notebook and pencil inside of it. She then moved to the desk in her room, and began rummaging for some extra knickknacks to carry with her. Things such as some loose change in case she wanted a drink, a few extra pencils, should she go on a lead snapping spree, and her cellphone in case she wanted some music or her parents needed to get a hold of her.

Of course, finding all these things was not exactly easy for the girl. Her room was not among New York City's tidiest. In fact, more often than not it looked as if a tornado had blown through followed by an earthquake. It was in fact her cellphone that was playing a game of hide and seek with her at this very moment. She sighed in frustration as she searched through some of the clothes laying on the floor, in various drawers on her desk, and even around her computer on top of it. However, there was just no sign of the phone to be found anywhere.

"Well... I guess I could always leave without it," Mariah sighed. "I mean, it's not like I'm expecting any major calls or anything like that..."

Mariah shrugged her shoulders and decided that the phone could in fact wait. She had a much more pressing matter to tend to anyways. She began to make for the door to her room, when suddenly the monitor to her computer flicked on. Mariah paused in her steps, turning to look at the screen curiously. She did not remember turning it on. The girl walked back to the monitor, flicking the button to turn the screen off. However, it did not respond. The screen kept glowing, as if Mariah had never touched it at all.

Suddenly, more oddities began to happen with the electronics in her room. Her alarm clock started buzzing loudly. Her CD player began to blast some rather loud rock music. The familiar ringtone of her cellphone made its way to her ears, coming from underneath one of the pillows on the girl's bed. It looked almost as if Mariah's room had been possessed by some sort of spirit!

The girl watched in awe as a light blasted forth from the computer screen, knocking the pillow covering her phone off the bed, and then enveloped her sleek black phone completely. Mariah took a step closer into the room, watching as her phone changed from its normal look, to a rather strange, purple and silver device she had never seen before. The weirdness did not end there, however. Next to the new device set a rather strange looking gray egg with pale, purple stripes running around it. Then, just as soon as all this happened, it was over. Everything in her room returned to normal... well, save for the egg and device beside it.

"That was... a bit different..." Mariah said quietly, making her way towards the bed. The girl carefully took hold of the device that used to be her phone, giving it a careful, curious look over. "Well... I found my phone, I guess..."

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
    Years
  • Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone
    Silverstone house, New York
    March 29 2014

Leo lay comfortably on his bed. It was late Saturday Morning, and Leo had already had his breakfast, got dressed, and watched usual Saturday morning cartoons like he did every week. Saturday mornings were the best part of the week. No school, and no important plans for the day meant he had the free time to do whatever he wanted. So, he turned on the Wii U he had gotten for Christmas, and spent his time watching My Little Pony videos on the web browser. He would've used the computer, but his sister Lilly was using it, as per usual... But that was fine, his Wii U had a fabulous web browser anyway.

He went to Youtube, a pulled up a video. Lately, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic had become one of his favorite shows, despite it being aimed at little girls. According to the internet, there were tons of teenage boys who liked the show, they called themselves Bronies. Sadly, he was the only boy in school he knew who would admit to being a fan of the show offline, but whatever. It was their loss, and there was nothing wrong with liking a cartoon about colorful, talking ponies. Besides the adorable animation style, one of the things he liked about the show was the awesome music.

As Leo watched a bunch of videos that he had seen plenty of times before, and sang along to the songs that had practically become the soundtrack of his life, he decided to check his E-Mail. In his Inbox, he got a weird message from an address he never heard of before. So, he did what anyone else would do, he clicked it.

Just as he did, the power went out, and the whole house went dark. Which was odd, because it was only 11:00 AM, it shouldn't get this dark unless it were nighttime. He looked to his left, and saw that the shades of his window had been closed, even though he never touched them since he opened it when he got up this morning. That would explain the sudden darkness though...

"Well, that was weird... Did I just click on a Virus?"

For a moment, everything was pitch black. You couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Then, Leo's TV turned on, but nothing else. There was nothing on the screen but static. Suddenly, something started to crawl out of it. Leo jumped out of his bed, and stood straight up from the shock of it. "GAH!" The sight of thing coming out of the TV was like something out of a horror movie.

Thankfully, it wasn't an evil demon that wanted to kill him that emerged from the TV, but instead... what appeared to be a lime green egg. The power came back on, and his window suddenly reopened. Before Leo had time to examine the egg, or question any of these weird happenings, a crack started to appear on the egg. Then, several more cracks followed. The weird egg was hatching right there in the middle of Leo's bedroom. What emerged from the egg was some type of black puffball big yellow eyes, and little ear things on top of it's head.

Leo didn't care what it was, or how it got here. All he knew, was that it was the cutest thing ever! He immediately ran up to it, to give it a bug hug. He spoke to it in a baby voice as he squeezed the strange creature tightly in his arms. "Ok, I don't know what you are, but you are so cute! Yes you are! Yes you are!" The boy exclaimed with a smile on his face.

Once he let go of the poor creature, to allow it to breathe, something else happened. A light shot out frok the TV, and some sort of unfamiliar device magically appeared around his wrist. It was looked like some sort of hi-tech wristwatch, but the time was nowhere to be seen on the screen. It was red with pink accents. Leo looked at his new accessory, and blinked in confusion. "Well... this kind of thing doesn't happen everday... But who cares?! This is awesome!" Leo's smile got even wider, he pumped his fist in the air, and he jumped up from the excitement. "I have a feeling something reeeally exciting is gonna happen soon!" Weird happenings were always followed by some sort of cool adventure in the cartoons he had seen, and now it was happening in real life. He put his the strange creature he was carrying down on his bed, and looked at it. The puffball returned it's gaze with one of it's own. "Now, the only thing I can't figure out, is what you are... But I'm sure the answer to that question will come... eventually..."

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door. Lilly's annoyed voice soon followed. "Hey could you keep it down in there?! I'm trying to get started on my homework! I lost all my hard work because of that stupid power outtage!"

"Oh... Sorry about that." Leo whispered politely.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years

Wellington Hotel, Manhattan, New York

Friday March 28th, 2014

"That's untrue, idiot. How can an egg come from the TV?" Jing edged past the egg sitting precariously on the foot of Julie's bed and over to her suitcase before putting a fresh pair of clothes on.

"When the power went out, the TV glowed and then the egg appeared!" Julie exclaimed still a little shocked after the sudden appearance of the egg. Countless scenarios ran through her head of how the egg could have come to be in the room, but none of them were anywhere near possible without some sort of divine intervention.

Jing simply laughed at Julie as she pulled a top over her head and sliding her arms through to let it fall down the rest of her chest and abdomen. "You should stop reading that Atlantis book, it's making you crazy." Jing then stepped into a pair of navy blue jeans before continuing, "Just tell me where you found it or who came and gave it to you."

Sitting on her bed eyeing the orange-striped egg carefully, Julie tried to think up a lie to tell Jing to make her happy. No matter how much she tried to think of one however, the image of the egg sliding out from the TV in that golden light stayed fresh in her mind. "Watch the egg, I will have a shower." Slowly, as not to disturb the egg's position, Julie pushed herself up off the bed from her kneeling position. Grabbing a fresh towel from the cupboard below the television, she ignored the egg and proceeded to the bathroom.

With the hot water running over her body removing the sweat, Julie was beginning to feel that sense of cleanliness she enjoyed. During soccer games she wasn't adverse to getting sweaty and dirty while playing, but the idea of staying in that state for a prolonged time outside of field made her uncomfortable. For a couple of moments she just stood there, letting the water cascade over her body. The last time she had taken a shower had been back in Abu Dhabi the morning of their flight to America. Aside from the occasional trips to China and Japan, Julie hadn't really been outside of Asia. When first arriving in Abu Dhabi, she was a bit hesitant and nervous to get off the plane, not knowing what to expect. Aside from people mainly speaking English and Arabic around the airport, it just reminded her of a hotter and more arid version of Taiwan. For the entire plane ride she had built up this preconception about what it was like only to find it even more beautiful. She had felt a bit nervous about being outside of Asia, yet after a couple of hours she was fine. She had emailed her parents before leaving Abu Dhabi and thought she better do so tonight to let them know she was alright in America.

As she ran her fingers through her dark hair, Julie felt something scratch across her scalp. Opening her eyes, she looked down at her wrist, noticing the strange device with the same colour scheme as the egg where her Gear 2 had been. At first when she tried to pull it off, the water made it slick and hard to grasp a hold of, but eventually she learnt that it would not even slide off her wrist. Even running it under water showed that the thing was water resistant, making things even more difficult. Turning it around her wrist to inspect it, all she could find was a black screen and the metal band, not even the signature of a brand. When she had given up on trying to decipher what the strange invention was, she left it with the screen on the inside of her wrist facing towards her.

Stepping out from the shower she grabbed the towel she had slung over the heated towel rack and began drying herself. She was halfway through drying herself when a scream erupted from the main room and something glass-like shattered against the floor. Speeding up the process, Julie wrapped the towel around her midriff and tentatively opened the door. Opening it only slightly so she could see through the crack, Julie called out to Jing, "What happened?"

"The egg!" Jing yelled before tossing a pillow across the room, "The egg hatched into a monster!" Jing screamed again at something Julie could not see, tossing the last of her pillows at whatever was upsetting her.

Slamming the door shut, Julie slid to the floor with her back against the door. Whatever it was, the thing wasn't getting into the bathroom where Julie sat. She bit her thumb as she started to breathe heavily through her nose; she wasn't a fan of small spaces but feeling trapped in a small space with something outside was starting to make her panic. Whispering to herself that everything was going to be alright, Julie soon forgot that Jing was outside standing on the bed until the slamming of the front door made her jump.

Scrambling to her feet, Julie began pounding on the bathroom door yelling, "Come back! Don't leave me here with it!" Despite yelling at the top of her lungs, Julie knew that Jing would already be too far away to hear her screams but she couldn't help the urge.

Julie stopped her screaming when she heard a squelching noise outside the door as something grew closer and closer to her voice. Clasping her hands across her mouth, she backed up away from the door until she was up again the glass wall of the shower. She watched with fear in her eyes as the squelching noise drew closer and a shadow formed along the bottom of the door. Whatever it was outside, Julie hoped that it couldn't squeeze itself through that tiny gap between the door and the floor. Filled with fear, Julie watched as the monster start banging against the door. Ever so slightly it pushed the door open further and further; Julie now dreading for not closing it properly or locking. She raised her arms up to her face in defence, just waiting for the monster to devour her entirely.

After a few seconds of nothing happening, Julie looked down to see a small black creature about the size of her palm staring up at her with bright yellow eyes. Two small lumps protruded from the top of its oval body, but the creature looked overly harmless. Without a mouth or nose, it made little noise save for a squelching sound as it bounced on the lino.

"Jing is a baby, you seem harmless," Julie spoke in soft Mandarin down at the creature before bending down to cup it in her hands, "if anything you're scared of her." Julie stood back up at full height, bringing the small black thing up to her face. "Just what are you?" She looked at the strange creature from top to bottom, but aside from the obvious, there was nothing that really let her know what it could be.

Walking into the room, Julie placed the small creature on her bed while she quickly put some clothes on. Over top her bra she wore a rather tight fitting grey halter top, and a pair of skinny jeans over her legs. Once dressed, she crawled onto her bed at the head lying flat on her stomach with her legs in the air and propped up on her elbows. With her left hand she supported her head while her right, the hand with the strange device on it, she used to entertain the small black creature.

Firstly she moved her hand around it, in front of it then side to side. She swapped hands to do the same thing but the creature seemed more interested in her right hand. When she brought the face of the wrist device closer to the creature, it began bouncing on the bed ecstatically. However when she hid the face of the device, the creature seemed almost saddened by its disappearance and tried to glance around her hand to see the face on the inside of her wrist. This thing was curious, Julie had never seen such a thing before in Taiwan, and presumed that it was perhaps a species native to the Americas. Without a mouth, nose, or any bodily orifices, she wondered just how the thing would survive. Brushing her hand over the top of the creature, its skin felt rough and rubbery and it seemed to not enjoy this gesture. Rubbing the side of it however resulted in it trying to sink into her fingers while she rubbed it.

By now several minutes had passed, minutes Julie hadn't paid attention to as she was wrapped up in the mystery that was this creature before her. There was a scrambling at the door and Julie instinctively grabbed the shirt she had been wearing the previous night and draped it over the poor creature.

"Is it gone?" Jing asked warily as she made her way back into the hotel room.

Julie smiled at her, "Yes, it went out the window." Grabbing a book titled "亚特兰蒂斯:觉醒", Julie tried to make the scene look even less conspicuous so that Jing would be more comfortable. She eyed Jing from above her book as the girl scanned the floor at her feet looking for the creature should it jump out from under the bed.

"What was that? It looked like a hairless rat!" Jing exclaimed before making the leap onto her bed.

"I don't know, but it's pretty cute." Julie closed the book, stretching to replace it in her suitcase before taking her shirt off of the creature to reveal it to Jing. "It's practically harmless!" She exclaimed as the blood left Jing's face in a state of pure horror.

"H-how can you let it sit there!" Jing exclaimed, scrambling to the head of her bed as much as possible.

"Relax, it has no mouth; it can't bite." Julie twisted the small creature around of Jing could see its front clearly, resulting in Jing trying to back up even more. "It even likes the device on my wrist more than your blood," Julie joked, laughing slightly at her own joke.

Eventually Jing calmed down, watching Julie play with the creature on the end of her bed. Gradually she moved from the head of her bed down, until she was in a similar position to Julie albeit watching the creature from a safe distance. "What is its name?" She asked, the colour now fully returned to her face and her breathing less erratic.

"I hadn't thought of that," Julie pondered as she rubbed her index finger along its right side. There were really no names that entered her mind as to what she would call it. She was too busy wrapped up in the moment to think of anything else.​

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Mariah Lopez
    March 29th, 2014

Mariah stared intently at the egg which rested on her bed. There were so many questions that were suddenly racing through the girl's mind. What in the world was this egg, actually? Where did it even come from? What was inside of it? All of these seemed like very good questions that the girl found herself wanting the answers to desperately.

"It kinda looks like an over-sized Easter egg..." Mariah mused, the girl slowly reaching down to lift the egg off the bed.

She examined the gray egg, running her fingers gently along the pale, purple stripes which covered the shell. She even took a moment to place her ear next to the egg, shaking it lightly as if it were some sort of Christmas present. Mariah sighed, running her fingers through her hair after sitting the egg back down carefully on her bed.

"Except for the crazy size and paint job, it just looks like another egg... Well, the paint job is actually pretty cool... but still..." the girl mused. Suddenly, an idea came to mind. Mariah figured she could use her phone to snap a photo of the egg and see if maybe anyone online had any idea about it. Glancing down at the object in question, she had just then remembered that her phone did a small change of sorts too. "Well... color aside, I'm sure it still works the same. So, let's see here..."

Mariah took the purple and silver device in hand. It was only upon this closer inspection did the girl realize just how different from her old phone it seemed to be. Marah did not even have the slightest idea on where to go about using the camera function with her phone looking like this, much less actually making a call. The girl was about to try just clicking some of the random buttons on the device in an attempt to try and get a photo taken... when a strange, cracking noise suddenly came to her ears.

Slowly looking up from the device, Mariah's eyes went wide at the sight of distinct, visible cracks being made in the shell of the strange egg sitting on her bed. The girl stared intently as slowly the egg cracked to pieces... revealing a strange, white, puff-ball looking creature with two knots on the top of its head... and the absolute most adorable face she had ever seen on anything.

"...So, like... I'm a mother?"

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
    Kyeong-Jun

After more than a few minutes of trying to tug the watch off of his wrist, Jun gave up and sat back against the leather couch. With a loud exasperated he stared at the egg and watch in tandem. What is this thing? and why did it come out of the TV? did mom buy some new high-tech gadget, wondered, the tinted-haired boy. And what about this egg? it hasn't moved since it appeared. Maybe its a dud... He reached his hand towards the crimson egg, curiosity getting the best of him for just a moment before hesitating and drawing it back. "I have to be crazy thinking about touching that thing," he muttered to himself, his dark eyes looking it over with a serious suspicion.

He wasn't too sure what it meant but he knew that he wasn't going to deal with it alone, not when he had a mother in the other room. Carefully, he hopped over the ledge end of the couch, not wanting to draw any closer to the egg than needed. With quick steps he made his way into his mother's room. The floral print wallpaper lining the surfaces of her room was heavy with color and even worse, her soft and yet loud snores were filling the area.

"Mom," he called out gently at first. After no response he looked towards his mom's bed with cold, disappointed gaze. She was in one of her deep sleeps, one of those that would require a shake to wake her up. He walked over, his foot steps heavy on the wooden floors. With a firm push and shake, he called out again. "Mom wake up...We have a problem on our hands."

"What is it Kyeong-Jun," She muttered in Korean, almost too low for him too hear. "I hate being woken up, you know I do."

"Well," Jun uttered, his language changing to his match his mother's. "Its going to sound weird but stay with me...A really large egg is standing on the table and a watch latched itself onto my arm. I feel crazy but, yea, that's what happened." His voice carried a certain calm with it, but even he couldn't keep the inflection that was rising in his tone. "I mean that crazy right? that doesn't just happen everyday."

With a wave of annoyance his mother quite obviously diminished his claims and rolled back around to go to sleep. "Leave the room Jun, let me sleep!" she growled.

He had a feeling that would happen, so Jun hadn't been too surprised. He shrugged his shoulders and walked out of the room. His mother had always been that way, he knew better than to wake up with statements of delusion. With a sigh he walked back into the living room, his head peeking around the corner first before the rest of his body would follow.

The red egg was cracked open, edged and broken in half; Its contents were empty. All he could see was a amber light illuminating the walls and ceiling around it. Fire! he thought powerfully before tossing aside his caution. With a powerful step forwards he rushed around the couch and saw something that he wasn't quite ready for.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Allison Wing - Friday March 28th

The hotel room was cold and dark. It didn't have to be; Allison could easily take a few steps away from the couch in her suite and turn on the light in the ceiling. She could also reach out and grab the fluffy blanket that was neatly folded and placed over the armrest of the couch. She just didn't.

With the money on her bank account, she could afford living here for weeks. The familiar sting of guilt over leaving her dad in England struck her, but she took a deep breath and shoved the feeling away like she used to. She was an adult now, and she was on a mission. There wasn't much to go on, but she would find her mother sooner or later. She had to. Else, she didn't really know where to go from here. Figuratively speaking.

Allison curled up into a ball on the spot she had been seated in for well over an hour now. The telly was on, blaring some American top model show through her glasses. She had arrived in New York yesterday and stayed in her suite for the remainder of the evening before she fell into a nervous sleep. Strange nightmares had awakened her more than once. Friday, she had mostly spent wandering Manhattan, trying not to go into anywhere suspicious or shady. She had seen too many American movies about people getting mugged to want to risk that. She hadn't found any clue about the whereabouts of her mother though. The only lead she had was the place she had been working in when Allison last heard from her. But the place had apparently closed down, Allison couldn't find it where she thought it would be.

She suddenly nodded off. The couch was getting a bit too comfy and the time was getting a bit too late. Checking her simple wristwatch, clad with fake gold, she realized it was already midnight. Time flew by fast when you were alone. Most others usually said the opposite, that time slowed down to infinity when you were on your own and flew by fast when you were together with other people. Allison often felt like she was trapped in a cage of slow motion when she had to be in a crowd of people. Alone, she could breathe.

But tonight, in this slightly too big hotel suite, she actually did feel alone. For the first time in a long while, Allison almost wished that she had somebody by her side. Just, anybody really. Her eyes flickered as the telly babbled on, and her head fell to the side again.

Suddenly, the high pitched voices from the show disappeared and was replaced with a buzzing noise. Allison was half asleep but somehow picked up the change still, and sat up straight. The few lamps she had left on around the room blinked violently before they abruptly went out. The only light on Allison now was the faint light from the glass wall facing Manhattan's streets, and the telly.

Static blur caught Allison's widened eyes and for a long second, she just sat there on the couch, staring into the glowing rectangle. Then something incredible happened.

From the buzzing screen, an oval object emerged. Slowly melting through the surface as if it was a wall of water. Allison couldn't even breathe and didn't dare to move. Her body was frozen in place, even though her brain told her to jump up and run back to England. This was like something out of a horror movie.

Then the egg shaped thing dropped to the floor, rolled a few inches and came to a stop beside the coffee-table. Seconds later, the lights in the room had been turned on again and the telly was back to showing screaming girls with fake breasts.

On the floor lay an egg. It was white with a few large, golden specks on it that glimmered in the light from the screen behind.

An egg came out of her telly at midnight. Allison started breathing again, but her heart didn't slow down on the quickened pace it had adopted. She checked her wristwatch again, only to discover that it was gone. In its place sat something different, a sleek white bracelet with a digital screen and colored details in the same flavor as the egg on the floor.

The egg, which was all of the sudden gone from sight. Allison gasped and jumped up on the sofa, standing on top of a pillow. There it was, rolling on the floor away from the sofa in the dim room, towards the bathroom. It was rolling! Something inside it was alive! America was such a strange place.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
    Years
  • Jason Benedict
    Saturday March 29th

It was the start of what Jason to perceived a slow and lazy day. He'd forgotten to set his alarm the night before, and felt rather sluggish after sleeping in for a couple extra hours. It was quite the challenge to leave the tranquility of his bed, but nonetheless he pulled himself together. Looking into the mirror upon entering the bathroom, water was immediately splashed in his face to eliminate any remnants of drowsiness. His long kept morning routine of breakfast, shower, brushing his teeth then getting dressed gave Jason much needed momentum. However, such momentum was easily broken when he received a phone call; the abrupt ringtone emanating from his pocket causing him to jump. Looking at the caller ID, it was his dad. It wasn't expected, but then again, none of his father's calls were. Taking in a deep breathe he silenced the ringing, and spoke into the receiver. "Good Morning."

Mr. Benedict's voice was as low and firm as ever. "Good Morning son. How are you doing?"

For a reason he could never fathom, Jason hardly ever found it an easy task to talk to his father. Even over the phone, the pressure of saying something that might upset him was vexing. Jason shuffled his feet and answered with corresponding tentativeness. "Uh, I'm doing fine. Settling in has been going smooth."

"That's good." Mr. Benedict cleared his throat. "Just make sure you stay mindful of yourself and don't do anything irresponsible. The big city is unforgiving and as you know, I can only do so much from so far away. Understand?"

"Yes of course." Jason peered behind the window shades to view the streets below his hotel suite. It was a little annoying that his father still talked to him like a child, but he was glad his father was still looking out for him. "Is there anything-", before he could finish the sentence his father cut him off.

"Hold that thought. I have an incoming business call. I'll call you back later." Without another word, the call ended. Jason sighed deeply and fell back on his chair. After a few moments of aimless thought, he put his cellphone down on his desk and booted up his laptop. Normally, Jason wouldn't have anything in particular to look up, but this time he intended to find out all there is to do in New York. Several minutes of clicking and typing go by until his courser lands on the Metropolitan Museum of Art. That seemed interesting, he mused.

Just as he readied his mouse pad to click on the directions to the museum, the screen on his computer flickers as well as all the lighting and electronics into the hotel. Finding it rather strange, Jason initially tried to turn every switch off, but that gave him no results. Microwave, blender, toaster, television, lamp, etc. all going haywire in an erratic concert of light and sound. Then just as quickly as everything turned on, every appliance abandoned their chaotic performance and shut off in unison; the only rays of light coming from the cracks in the shades Jason neglected to open. He finally decided to call room service to have the problem corrected. Turning to retrieve his phone from the desk, his attention is immediately grabbed by his laptop.

From the center of the screen, and eerie blue dot trembled softly. His face contorted with confusion as he reached his hand towards the keyboard. "Is this some kind of joke...?" As soon as his fingers reached an inch from the keys, a jolt of static electricity abruptly jolted his digits, causes him jump backwards with cry of shock. Without warning, the blue light began to expanded and pulsate. Its shape trembled then began to permeate through the screen itself, hovering above the computer. The leaking light took on an ovular structure. Still bathed in light, the object floated down to the carpeted floor. Once it had finally rested, its radiance dissipated and revealed an actual egg like object. Primarily red, it also adorned black stripes scattered here and there. At this bizarre conclusion, the lights and machinery suddenly began to behave again.

For several moments, Jason was utterly baffled. "An egg came out of my computer...", he said to out-loud as if to clarify the situation with himself. It took a handful of extra nerve to finally crouch down and approach the egg. The pace of his heartbeat quickened as he did. Scrutinizing the red oval, it seemed pretty harmless. After affirming this with himself, Jason was dying to touch it. Tentatively placing his hand over the egg, he started with his fingers, then palm and finally both hands fully caressed its warm and somewhat bumpy surface. Rubbing the egg some more, Jason realized that the watch on his arm had been replaced with a circular, sleeker design of grey and orange. This is getting really weird, he thought shaking his head. Try as he might, the young man couldn't free his wrist of the device. This made him panic a bit because he was always afraid of things attaching to him without being able to get it off. Nonetheless, he calmed down eventually and put the egg onto his bed behind him. Resting onto his chair, he inspected the laptop, lifting it up and staring intently into the screen to verify if another egg wouldn't pop from the glass. Once satisfied, he boots up his computer once more, he immediately pulled up Google. "First stop, search up computers that eject eggs from the screen." Taking a weary glance back at the still motionless egg on his bed, egg goes to work.

Naturally after 30 minutes of searching, there only nonsense, useless, or even entirely irrelevant items appeared before him. Jason's impatience caused him to merely skim some of the longer links or even skip a few entirely as he quickly darted from page to page. Slightly annoyed, he plopped onto the bed along with the egg, admiring the object as he lie on his side. He was trying to imagine where the thing could have come from. "Eggs just don't pop out of laptops...", That last statement was cut off with a yawn. Surprisingly the warmth of the egg was very soothing and even made the bed seem ten times more comfortable. Within a few minutes, Jason unknowingly drifts back into a calm and heavy sleep.

Jason finally stirs after his unexpected nap, eyes still closed with grogginess. He definitely hadn't planned on falling asleep, but the presence of the egg was so calming. Even the dreamless sleep he sustained was serene. Eyes fluttering, he realized he was still clutching onto the egg. Or what he thought was the egg. The texture and size immediately felt different. It was more rounded and felt smoother, even reminiscent of snake scales. Lifting his head up, he came practically face to face with a red creature about the size of a basketball; wing like ears twitching as they made eye contact. Jason out of reflex, immediately leaped backward with a cry of utter shock, colliding with the wall. "W-w-w-what the heck IS THAT?!?" The stammering shout didn't seem to perturb the creature at all. In fact, it even hopped up and down, spinning in place on top of the sheets while uttering jovial squeals. After its dance was finished it began to hop towards Jason. "H-Hey, wait!!". Putting up his arms to defend against a possible attack, the creature merely nuzzled its face up to the humans arms. Surprised, Jason lowered his arms to face the creature; its glossy black eyes full of excitement and wonder.

He lifts the thing into his arms, finally calm. "Are...you an alien?" The question was asked as if the red little ball could readily speak English. Instead of answer, it gave Jason a puzzled look. "Oh, so I'm guessing you can't speak." The weird ball jumped from his arms to his lap, seeming to not notice the second question. With a sigh, Jason looked up to the ceiling. This totally negates my notion of this day being boring.​

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Allison Wing - Saturday March 29th

Allison slowly pushed open the bathroom door. The area was roomy, with a jacuzzi style bathtub in one corner, an elaborate shower cabin in another and then of course a toilet and a huge sink with drawers and a bench beside it. A white cotton rug decorated the floor in the middle, and on top of that rug was now traces of a cracked egg. Allison ran up to the mess and crouched down. The eggshells felt warm in her hands.

A noise from the bathtub made her stiffen. One of the faucets had been opened. As she drew closer to the steaming, bubbling water, she scanned the surface of the pool that was forming for any signs of life. There was... one abnormally large bubble. Or, wait, was that two dark blue bubbles on top of the very large bubble?

By the time she realized that those strange bubbles were actually what she was looking for, the thing jumped up from the water with a high pitched scream. Allison screamed as well as the creature hit her belly and made her fall backwards, barely managing to take the impact with her elbows as she smashed the rest of the eggshells. The creature quickly jumped off her and started to run rapidly around the room. Allison could only watch it in a blur. It seemed to be a small, round, jelly-like creature with a pair of black eyes and a mouth.

Finally, it darted out through the door. Now too caught up in the events to be paralyzed by shock any longer, Allison quickly followed. As soon as she returned to the living room, she heard the sound of things getting knocked to the floor over in the kitchen corner of the suite. Several plates, one which had broken, laid beneath the barstools and a package of cornflakes had been turned over, the flakes spread around the corner of the counter. Allison crept around it...

The creature had completely dived into the package of cereals and was munching away like crazy. Allison thought that it didn't quite look the same as the creature that had jumped up from the bathtub. Were there... several of them? She quickly ran back to the bathroom to close the faucet and then froze for a second, looking down at her feet. The eggshells were gone from the rug. Not even a trace left, it was as if they had completely vanished. So strange.

In the living room, the broken plate was still on the floor beneath the stool, but the cereals were gone. The package was, slightly torn up, on the floor in front of the kitchen sink, but every last piece of cornflakes had disappeared. Eaten, Allison immediately thought. She remembered some swaying appendixes from the creature she had last seen, like ears or antennas. And she also remembered a munching noise and perhaps a glimpse of pointy teeth...

Needless to say, Allison didn't want to go to sleep anymore now than she had done before this ordeal. She parked herself in the couch again, cellphone in one hand and blanket clutched in the other. Now and then she heard small noises from different parts of the suite, figuring they were from either of the two monsters she had seen. Maybe she was going crazy. But she was usually pretty good with being on her own. Alone...

Somewhere around half an hour later, she had automatically slid off her glasses and placed them on the coffee-table before she drifted off to sleep leaning on one of the big cushions on the couch. She didn't notice when someone gently pulled the blanket up over her body.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

TABARI "tate" SALEH
    Arc 1: Digital Access... Granted!
    Episode 1: The Day It All Changed - Part 1

-----------------------------------------------------
    "So, I'll be back in the afternoon and we can go out to that nice restaurant for dinner. The one we went to last time? I made a reservation for seven, so make sure you're showered and dressed for when I get back. And dressed nicely, Tabari!"

"Mmhm." Tabari nodded twice, not actually paying attention at all. Instead his focus was directed at his phone, texting one of his friends back in Australia. Despite how much Tabari didn't really want to be in New York right now, his conversation with 'Dave' on the other line was how cool it was to be here and all the parties he was going to go to and all the girls he was going to hook up with. He wasn't sure if he was lying yet or not, but he definitely did not want to be here. The weather was absurdly cold for spring (he'd come from a much warmer country to boot) and the air tasted like ass.

"You could go to the shops or something, maybe buy something respectable. I bet you didn't even pack anything with you, did you Tabari?" His mother continued, still speaking in Arabic, walking past the TV and kissing Aisha on the forehead as she passed.

dude!!!!!!! waht are the yank girls like? they all look like hannah montana? or like that girl from that tv show coz they all pretty hot

already been promised like 5 gobbies man its pretty sick youre missing out

haha u piece of sh*t mad ****! that is mad as where are mine?

ill brin you back presents. the good kind. unless you want bottle openers

if u lyin u dead i swear to god ill kill you in ur sleep

"Yep." Tabari refused to speak the language, sticking with English. He didn't bother looking up at her.

"And please, spend time with your father." She stopped at him, frowning at him and his posture in the chair. He was slumped down to the bottom of the chair, his legs stretched out with Aisha using his feet as a back rest.

"Sure."

"Tabari." She stood above him, hands on her hips. Tabari made a face and looked up at her.

"What?"

"Spend time with your family." She bent down and kissed him on the head and turned towards the door. She gave her husband a kiss before she waved good bye and left the hotel.

"Yeah, whatever." Tabari groaned, shoving his phone into his pocket and switching his attention to whatever was on the screen. Nickelodeon or Disney or something. He only had to watch it for roughly five seconds to determine it was all complete crap and not as good as he remembered it to be. What was with all these boring TV shows? What happened to cartoons? At least they were a little bit funny. Did Spongebob even exist anymore? "Why are you watching this?" Aisha turned around to her brother, shrugging.

"There's not a lot on."

"You got that right."

"Well, we should probably head off as well." Their father got up from the bed he had been lying on, stifling a yawn. Aisha jumped up and turned off the TV immediately, zipping to her father's side with her bag at her side. "Are you coming as well?"

Tabari raised his eyebrows, a little disappointed the TV had been turned off without his permission. "Where are you going?"

"Central Park." Aisha answered, slipping her shoes on. Tabari almost laughed.

"Pass."

"What? C'mon Tate, it'll be fun!"

"Paaaaaaaaass."

"But mum said you had to hang out with us." She pouted. Their father stood silent beside her, knowing any and all attempts to sway Tabari were pointless. Aisha always had a better chance to get him to do anything, if any chance at all.

"Not to Central Park." He scoffed, glancing to his left and right for the TV remote. "Text me when you're gonna do something that's actually fun."

"We'll be back after lunch. Will you be here?" His father spoke, pulling on his own coat and handing Aisha hers.

"Dunno."

"Well just don't... get into trouble." His face looked weary, as if he knew that Tabari was going to do something that would get him into trouble anyways. It didn't matter what country they were in, Tabari had an awful habit of having bad ideas and calling them fun. When they had been in New York last year, Tabari had found himself with some fireworks and had let them off one night when they were visiting the suburbs.

"Sure." The tone wasn't reassuring at all.

With a few more goodbyes, they left Tabari alone to his own devices, still searching for the TV remote. He did find it under a few cushions and turned the TV back on, switching the channel to something a little less crap. MTV? Crap. HBO? Eh, no boobies. The History Channel seemed like a better choice than anything right now. Before he could even find anything interesting, the TV started changing channels on its own, followed by a high pitched scream coming from the remote in his hands. He quickly threw it across the room, the lights following suit with the weirdness and flickering on and off.

When the fan above his head began spinning on its own, Tabari leapt up from his chair, moving to the door and standing as far away from the electronics as he could. He could hear the hair dryer his mother left plugged in in the bathroom wheezing loudly and the microwave turning on and off. When the alarm clock started to go off was when Tabari had had it.

"For f**ks sake, it is too early for this kind of crap." He popped his head outside the door, shouting down the hall. "Is this some kind of joke?" He was met with a few confused looks of people leaving their rooms and a worried cleaner, Tabari eyeing them off one by one.

The noise suddenly stopped, the TV the only thing left on, switching slowly from channel to channel. Cartoons, to movies, to some guy laughing then to a glowing blue and purple screen. Tabari cautiously left his safe spot near the door, closing it behind him and eyeing the TV remote on the floor. He picked it up and tried to turn the TV off at different angles, with no avail. The TV's only response was some kind of gurgling noise, followed by doing something TVs shouldn't be doing for the next 20 years - spitting out a physical object. Tabari swayed, making sure it wasn't just a trick of the light and that it was an actual round object making its way into his hotel room. He watched it flop onto the carpeted floor, rolling about until it came to a stop.

It looked smooth, and was a light brown and pink. He took a step forward to properly inspect it before the phone in his hand burned red hot, his hand jerking and dropping it almost instantly. He went to catch it as it dropped but he didn't see or hear the thud it made, his wrist now toting a new watch which he definitely did not remember putting on this morning. This was some top quality Willy Wonka bullsh*t going on right now.

"Alright... this is new."

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
  • Jason Benedict
    Saturday March 29th

Jason began pacing back and forth in front of his bed, thinking about what to do with the creature; its eyes intently followed the human's nervous motions back and forth tirelessly as he did so. Finally he sat down to the foot of the bed to face the creature once more. Exchanging stares for a while, the creature broke the silence as it gave a delighted squeal and released a flurry of scarlet hued bubbles. "Woah!!", Jason exclaimed as he jumped back from the floating sphere. At first weary of the bubbles, he couldn't help but poke one. The pop was scalding as his finger collided with one of the bubbles. Of course, this too shocked him and the creature once again made a delighted sound. Jason leaned back onto the TV stand and sighed. He was about to check the time on his watch, but only the device he couldn't yet operate or take off was attached to his wrist. He glanced to he clock on the wall and figured it was a good time for lunch.

It was fortunate that Jason stocked the fridge just yesterday. He presented a generous selection of fruits, bread, and turkey on the counter to the red creature. It sniffed the spread tentatively but eventually began to chow down rather indiscriminately, though it's little mouth caused it to eat at a slower pace than it desired. Jason chuckled as began to fix his own foods. He made himself a large, foot-long turkey sandwich with lemonade. Turning back to the where he left the creature, Jason almost dropped his sandwich after what he saw.

The red creature had grown in size! Not only that but it spontaneously grown legs and a thick tail. "Whaaaahh?!? What did you do?! What did I do??", Jason gasped as he ran over to stand over the now dragon like creature. It was too absorbed in the food that lie before it to take notice of him. With a greedy grin of satisfaction, it opened its jaws wide, exposing powerful jaws and fangs to devour the offering with great voracity. Within a matter of moments every morsel placed before it was gone. Before Jason had any time to comment, the creature seemed to take on a sudden burst of energy and began to tear up and down the hotel suite; almost knocking down the lamp and flower pots. Jason made a made dash to subdue the creature, but it took a grand total of 15 minutes for him to clutch it in both arms. He was too worn out to even to scold the thing.

Not surprisingly, the red little dragon wasn't satisfied or calm down until Jason offered half of his foot long. They both ate together for several moments in pleasurable silence. "Grow any bigger and I'll have a hard time hiding you", he finally said looking down. The dragon returned the human's gaze through its own golden eyes. It's expression suggested it didn't quite understand. "Uhh, don't worry about it." Even though he thought it somewhat silly, Jason decided it would be appropriate to offer his name. "Well anyway, my name Jason." He repeated his name again slowly separating both syllables.

The thing cocked its head and repeated the human's name just as slowly; "Ja-son...?"

Contrary to Jason's previous reactions to the creature, this time he merely blinked a few times in response to the baby dragon speaking. He was pretty desensitized to the oddities of the thing at this point. "You...talk. When did you learn to speak?"

The dragon answered as if he was genuinely curious himself. "Hmmmm...I don't know. Maybe when I got bigger?"

"That's so cool!" Jason however was indeed surprised at how intelligent it was. "Yea, so I'm Jason. I suppose I should give you a name too." He brought a hand to his chin, sorting out several different ideas for a suitable name.

It shook its head with disapproval. "I have a name."

"Oh? What is it?

"Gigimon!" Gigimon took an ecstatic leap in the air upon announcing his name.

"Gigi..mon?" Jason took on a wide smile. Gigimon was the most adorable and innocent little thing he'd ever seen. He could barely contain himself at the thought of having a small talking companion. Who knows what else it could do. The size was manageable as well, so as long it stayed still, hiding it wouldn't be an issue.

His thinking was interrupted once Gigimon tapped its human's leg with one of his stubby feet. "Jason"

"Yes Gigimon?"

"I'm hungry."

Jason gave a small sigh as he stood up from his chair to return to the fridge. I just hope this thing doesn't eat me out of house and home.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

TABARI "tate" SALEH
    Episode 1: The Day It All Changed - Part 2

The egg twitched on the ground, Tabari eyeing it carefully. He knew of certain that these things were not possible, that objects did not just come out of televisions otherwise he would have 20 of them in his room and just order pizzas and hamburgers all day. The TV had switched off now, the screen fizzing into black and the egg stopped, laying motionless and upright as if it was staring at Tabari. He took a moment to stare at his new watch that he had somehow aquired, tapping the screen and expecting something to happen. It, like the TV, was black and unresponsive and didn't look like it was going to work. A quick tug at it also told him it wasn't coming off anytime soon.

"If this thing is like Saw, I swear to God..." he muttered, his gaze returning to the egg. It looked like an egg at least, aside from the strange colours. Pink and brown. What in hell would have laid that?

He stepped over to it and gently picked it up, assessing its weight, which was probably as heavy as a bottle of milk and about as tall as a bowling ball. It was warm and smooth to touch and it didn't seem dangerous at all. His mind drifted to what would happen if he was to drop it off the balcony when the egg made a deep cracking noise and the shell split just between his fingers. He let out a yelp and dropped it, jumping back and watching it fall to the carpeted ground. It made a thump and a crack, the bottom splitting further until the shell gave way and fell apart, revealing a brown... thing. It had a tail, bumps on its head and when it blinked, it revealed two small, beady eyes.

"Is that a cat? Are you a cat?" He took a step forward, swaying his head to see around it. It seemed delighted at the sight of Tabari, bouncing forward. No legs, no arms, just a head and a tail. "Not a cat, not a cat, not a cat." He stepped back, out of the 'cat's' reach, bumping into the hotel bed behind him and jumping up onto it.

The 'cat' was disappointed and stopped, pouting (is that what you could call it? Pouting??) at him. It blew a few bubbles at him (to which Tabari had no idea where they would have come from) and Tabari grabbed the closest thing to him - the hotel phone - and swiped at them. They popped, Tabari feeling the stinging residue flick onto the hands. He dropped the phone, the acid from the bubble eating away at the reciever, destroying it. Great, now he couldn't call room service. Or the police. Or... animal control?

He scrambled to the other side of the bed, heading for the front door. The 'cat', obviously smarter than it looked, threw itself across the room, landing at Tabari's feet and blowing bubbles up at him. He made another yelp, and jumped back on the bed, grabbing the destroyed phone in the sheets and throwing it at it. It hit the 'cat' square in the head and it rolled back a few inches before letting out a loud wail. Was it... was that crying?

"What are..." Tabari went to make way for the door, but that wailing sounded exactly like, well, crying. The 'cat' rolled back to face him, revealing tears in its eyes. Oh God, he couldn't just leave it now. Despite how ugly (or cute??) it looked, this thing was just a baby. Like, it literally had just hatched from an egg. And Tabari had thrown a phone at it. If he had done that to any other kind of baby he would probably have gone to jail. Except maybe like a fly baby, those maggot things were nasty. He slowly slid off the bed, and took a few cautious steps over to it, bending down to look at it. "Eugh, God, what are you? Eugh, sorry... buddy. My bad." It looked even more slimey from up close. "You seriously look kinda like a cat fetus." It wailed a little louder.

There was a thump on the hotel wall and a shout that followed. "Hey, shut that kid up!"

"Why don't you shut up, you f**kin' arsehole!" Tabari yelled back, standing up and facing the wall. "I'm sorry I cut into your valuable morning wood wank time!" The shout didn't reply, Tabari turning back to the 'cat'. "F**kin' dickhe-- oh... alright, what happened here." The 'cat' was now different, pink, had ears and missing a tail. It gurgled at him and... smiled? Was that a smile? "Okay, now you definitely look like a cat fetus."

"That's not very nice," it squeaked back. Tabari's eyes widened, grabbing the next closest thing and throwing it (this time a pillow). The 'cat' made a muffled "Ow!" and Tabari grabbed the keycard on the bench and bolted out the door, slamming it behind him and sliding down it with his back to the door to bar it shut. It could probably melt through it with those bubbles.

"Oh God, it's a demon. It's a cat fetus demon sent to take me to Hell, oh God, this is just like those dumb horror movies." he whimpered to himself, receiving more strange looks than he had the last time he yelled out the door. He exchanged looks with one of his hotel neighbours and pointed at him. "What are you looking at?! There's a f**king devil cat in here!" The lady shuffled down the hallway, pretending she hadn't seen or heard him. Tabari screwed up his nose. "Yeah, thanks arsehole! If I die, it's your fault! ARSEHOLE!!"

"I'm not a demon, Tabari!" The thing squeaked from the otherside of the door. Tabari pushed himself harder against the door.

"Oh God, it knows my name, I'm going to die right here and then I'll be the start of an episode of Supernatural," he hissed under his breath, squeezing his eyes shut and banging his head against the door. "Oh Jesus, oh God, oh man."

"I'm not going to hurt you!"

"Yeah, I'm sure that's what you always say before you skin people alive and eat their souls. Not falling for that one, buddy. I am too young and too pretty to die." He shook his head. "I'll make so many headlines. I'll be on the news. They'll know its a cat demon because there are witnesses." He pointed at the cleaning lady at the end of the hall. "You hear that?! Demon cat! Witnesses!!" Maybe he should call 911 or something? His phone had turned into this freaking looking watch, maybe there was an option for ringing people. He tapped at it, then smashed it a few times with his fist when it stayed black. Dumb piece of crap, was this part of the cat's work too? Wait, what about exorcising! He had seen enough horror movies to know anything chanted in latin would kill a ghost. Or a demon. Or a cat. "Uh, spiritus... exorcise... demonus... be gone evil spirit! I banish you to whence you came!!"

There wasn't a reply from the cat, though it could just be another trick. He slowly got to his feet and used his key card to open the door, opening it far enough to see inside. He poked his head in, the cat thing nowhere to be seen. Had it worked? Did he seriously just bullsh*t his way through this? He stepped inside, nothing yet, slowly checking around corners as he walked through the hallway. He had! He gotten rid of it! Wow. Awesome. That was something to put up on Facebook. He breathed, closing the door behind him and going behind the TV to pull out the power cable. No way was this crap happening again.

"Tabari!" The pink thing reappeared behind him.

"Sh*t f**k!" Tabari jumped out of his skin, jumping away from the cat. It was smart, it had cornered him behind the TV. There was nothing behind here to throw. He was dead. "I'll give you anything you want, you can have my wallet man my credit card is maxed but my parents pay for it so you can buy like anything just leave me alone. What even are you, man?"

"Tabari, I'm a Digimon! My name is Kokomon!"

"A... Digimon?" What was that?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Mariah Lopez
    March 29th, 2014

Mariah cautiously reached out to touch the white, blobby... creature that was looking up at her from its its place on the bed. The girl had honestly never seen anything quite like this before... And while the girl had never claimed to be a zoology expert, Mariah was fairly certain she would not find anything remotely similar in any books or animal website. A small, sudden crying snapped the girl from her daze like state. She quickly looked at the white blob in front of her, a small frown gracing her lips as she noticed the creature seemed to be crying.

"O-Oh, right... I bet you are hungry aren't ya?" she questioned. She slowly and hesitantly scooped the creature from the bottom half of the egg it had been sitting in. Mariah then scooped her phone off the bed and placed it in her pocket, just in case someone decided to call her. "We should totally see if we can't rustle you up some grub then... Um... Milk? Fruit...? Pizza?"

Mariah glanced down at the creature in her hands. The girl was curious to see if maybe it would perk up at the mention of any of the foods she may have named. Of course, this was not the case. Rather, the white blob simply looked up at the teenager with tears still in its eyes. The girl sighed, berating herself mentally for expecting that much.

"Of course you can't talk," the girl replied, making her way out of her bedroom. "You're just a baby after all... and um, you know... not human."

With the strange, white creature in tow, Mariah made her way towards the kitchen to see about getting the little thing something to eat. Thankfully both of her parents were out of the apartment at the moment, so this made carrying the blob around a lot easier for the girl. It's not so much that it was difficult to handle or anything of that nature. Rather, both of Mariah's parents had always stressed time and time again that she was not allowed to bring home any pets. In fact as far back as Mariah could remember, it had always been a rule that she and her sister were forced to deal with. The girl shook her head at the thought, pushing it to the back of her mind. Rather, she glanced down at the creature in her arms, giving it a warm smile.

"We don't have to worry 'bout that sort of gushy stuff anyways," Mariah said. "We need to get some grub down to that belly instead."

Bringing the creature into the kitchen, Mariah placed it down an nearby counter before she began to rummage around the cabinets. There definitely was no shortage of food to be had in the kitchen... The problem was, that none of it really seemed all that appealing to the girl to give to the creature. She imagined that a bowl of bran flakes was probably not in its best interest. Cookies would taste good, but there was no real nutritional value in them to be had in them... That was in she saw it. Her eyes lit up, as she reached in further to the cabinet pulling out a jar of... peanut butter.

"Here we go... Peanut butter should do just the trick," Mariah decided, holding up the jar for the creature to see. She unscrewed the lid, letting it see the contents of the jar, before fishing a spoon out of the silverware drawer and starting to scoop a bit out for it. "It's nice and soft on your newborn teeth... lots of protein to help you grow up big and strong... and it tastes pretty good too. Here, try it."

The teenager held the spoonful of peanut butter out for the creature to try. At first, it seemed somewhat hesitant to try the spread. After the creature carefully leaned forward and looked at the peanut butter closely however, its face practically lit up. The white, bumpy blob opened its mouth, taking the entire spoon into its mouth with great haste. Mariah was happy that the creature seemed to like the peanut butter so much. She took the spoon back and scooped out another helping onto the utensil, before allowing the creature to have some more.

"Heh... this thing is pretty cute. I bet it would make a really cool pet too... If I could just figure out a way to convince mom and dad to let me keep it..." Mariah thought, scooping out some more peanut butter for the blob to enjoy. "Maybe if I tell them that it would be an orphan on its own... It is just a baby after all, yeah? 'Course I could always just keep it in secret. The little thing is so small, it's not like anyone would probably even notice..."

Suddenly, a pain-filled grunt entered Mariah's ears and snapped the girl from her thoughts. She glanced down at the creature sitting on the counter, a small look of worry over taking her features as she looked it over. Without much warning at all, the little blob suddenly did not look like it was feeling to well. The teen quickly placed the peanut butter and spoon aside, placing her full attention towards the sick creature.

"H-Hey...? Are you alright? What is it?" the teen asked.

She reached out to take hold of the creature, when all of a sudden it began to glow with a bright light. The teenager then felt a sudden vibration from the pocket where she had placed her phone. She quickly pulled the device out, her eyes widening a bit as the screen on the phone was glowing similarly to her new pet. Mariah returned her focus back to the creature, watching as it... slowly began to change shape. The white blob was suddenly a bit more thin and taller... not to mention it had turned colors to a grayish-blue tint. Mariah remained absolutely silent as the creature slowly opened its eyes, looking up at her slowly.

"A-Are you okay...?" Mariah asked, not really sure in the slightest bit what had just happened.

The creature remained absolutely still for a moment. It stared intently at Mariah... before suddenly letting out a small squeak, and hopping off the counter quickly. The little creature bounced out of the room, a panicked voice escaping its lips.

"G-Giant!" the creature cried out, bouncing its way to the hall.

Mariah simply stood there for a moment, contemplating what in the world had just happened.

"...W-What...? Um... I... I should probably go find it..."

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
    Kyeong-Jun

Jun folded his arms against his chest and leaned back against the wall. It sure picked a fine day for everything to start acting weird. He mused to himself grimly. He peeked around the corner again, hearing the weak whisk of fire being moved back and forth. He was just about positive that it was the creature from the crimson egg. Just what the hell does it want? A sigh left him as he looked off to the floor. All he could think about was the fact that a partial wall, one that had a opening no less, was all that was separating him from...from whatever was out there.

He closed his eyes, trying to think of a way to get the poor thing out of the house. A few thoughts about it being unhappy in such a cramped apartment crossed his mind, while a few others were more worried about its getting hurt on the hazardous objects.

"Dammit," He uttered in Korean, noticing that annoying ache tugging at his heart. Another lazy sigh left him as he stepped from behind the pasty wall and into the opening. Dull, lethargic eyes glazed over the living room carefully; hoping to spot the creature before it spotted him.

A smoky blur passed by into the connecting kitchen. Jun's hair swung around towards it hastily. He wasn't the best at social activities, so he never tried out for sports but he had a knack for catching the small things. In other words, his reflexes and perception was top notch. He ran into the kitchen, only to catch the smoking blur disappear into one of the cabinets.

"Crap," he uttered, sliding to a stop and losing the towel around his neck. He pulled open the cabinet and finally caught a good look at it. Amist the shadows of the cabinet, an almost discernible form fluctuated, yellow eyes brilliantly shining. Jun's eyes widened, their dark hue lighting up to a dark chocolate before he stumbled back into the stove. "Ahh," he groaned quietly. "That actually freaked me out a little. What kind of animal is that?"

Inside the cabinets he could hear pans and pots rattling and clattering together. He looked at it cautiously, second guessing his willingness to helping it out again. Afterall, it looked almost demonic. Jun brow's furrowed up as the clattering got louder. It sounded like it was really struggling in there. Had it gotten itself stuck? He clenched his fist at his side, the aching tugging at his heart again. Seriously? His eyes slowly drifted to the left. Even demons huh? He shook his head from side to side before crawling over to the cabinets. One hand gripped the top of it, the other grabbed the nob.

A moment of hesitation passed; his fear almost taking hold. But as usual; the tenderness, the sympathy...it had a fame for tossing him into dangerous situations. With a powerful pull he swung the cabinet open. The metal rattling stopped almost immediately.

Silence filled the room for a short but very long while.

The ache pulled at his heartstrings again. He narrowed his dark eyes at the even darker insides of the cabinet, it was like the light was avoiding its confines. "I hope I won't regret this." He bravely dove inside the cabinet.

Inside, the creature had its smoky body turned away from him, the small fire at its peak was glowing ominously in the corner. It was crunching on something hard and it sounded dry, brittle-like. Sooner than expected the small creature turned towards him and suddenly started to glow a bright rose color. Jun ducked his eyes from the sudden brightness and waited until the light died down.

Wow, its really...warm now. He let his arm fall from his face, his eyes widening as he gazed upon a different creature in place of the other. "No way." The crimson mass, looking more like a stone carved model of the sun with a flame lit on its top, turned towards him and smiled a jovial grin.

"Hiya guya, your home is a smidge small dontcha think?" He uttered, hopping towards him far too quickly.

Jun fearfully and hastily backed out, bumping his head on the edge of the cabinet on his way before crashing into the stove again. His vision suddenly became blurry, the cabinet moving in a very wave-like manner. He touched the back of his head and brought it to his eyes, red painted the tips of his fingers. "I'm bleeeeeeding ouut-" Then his head fell back and all he could see was the hopping red monster creeping up towards him.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

TABARI "tate" SALEH
    Episode 1: The Day It All Changed - Part 3

"What is a Digimon?"

"... I'm not too sure." Kokomon suddenly looked sad, if Tabari could call that look sad. It was hard to tell where its eyes even were. It didn't even have ears, or a nose. Just a pink blob with eyes and horns. Or maybe those horns were ears? It was hard to tell. "All I know is I'm from the Digital World."

"Yeah, see? You can't even stick to your story. You're obviously lying." Tabari slowly rose to his feet, his eyes stuck to Kokomon's. He had been so stupid. This thing was barely even up to his knee and it could shoot bubbles. He made a dash for the pillow he had thrown at it before, holding it up to his face. "Hah! Your dumb bubbles can't hurt me now. You can find some other soul to reap, baby."

The keycard still in his hand, he went back for the door and bolted down the hallway, ignoring the stares from anyone watching him, including the people he had shouted at before. If all went well, maybe that 'Kokomon' thing would eat them. That would teach them to ignore him.

He looked at the thing on his watch for the third time, trying to make any sense of it. How could his phone have physically turned into a watch?! He didn't want a watch and didn't have a need for one - his phone told him what the time was. And now, he was without phone and without contact to his parents. Not like they'd believe him, but he'd need them if he wanted to either a) get another room or b) get into another country.

He furiously pushed the elevator button, checking behind him to make sure that Kokomon didn't have the ability to squeeze itself under a door. The elevator pinged, a few people stepping out of the elevator and Tabari squeezing past the last two, not patient enough to actually wait the 2 seconds it would take for everyone to get out. Life was short and even shorter when cat demons wanted to kill him. He stabbed the button for the bottom floor, the elevator pinging and humming its way to the bottom, only stopping once to make way for another guest of the hotel much to Tabari's dismay. They nodded and said hi to him, only for him to snort back and barge his way passed them as the doors pinged on the bottom floor.

The lady in the foyer went to wish him a goodbye but Tabari ignored her and her annoying accent, pushing the doors open and letting the hard light hurt his eyes. He had to get away from that dumb hotel, maybe he could go find Aisha and his Dad. He had completely blown them off this morning, but walking in a park sounded a hell of a lot more fun than getting burned to death by acid. Of course, he couldn't call them (dumb phone watch) but they said they were going to Central Park. It was just a park, wasn't it? Surely it couldn't be that big. Maybe his Dad's gun could kill it. Did he bring it with him to America? Was that even allowed?

The street was busy, but not busy enough for Tabari to lose himself in. A few people shoved him as he made his way across the footpath, his eyes on his watch. He responded with angry shouts, to which the passerbyers didn't care much about. It was morning and most of these people looked like they were heading somewhere important but it wasn't like he wasn't just as important. More important, even. Arseholes.

"Out of the way!" A man on a bike, probably a courier or delivery guy of some sort zipped right past him, clipping him on the arm and shoving him aside onto the road. He didn't stop, not even glancing back to see if Tabari was okay. And none of the people walking past did either. He snorted. He hated this country more than his old private school.

"D*ckhead!" Tabari stepped back, putting the finger at the biker.

"Tabari! Watch out!" A voice came from above. Tabari looked up to see where the voice was coming from, then in front of him. A car, whaling its horn at Tabari, its brakes screeching at him. He had stepped back onto the road, it seemed, but the car wasn't going to stop in time. Everything seemed to slow down as the car slid across the cement road, heading straight towards Tabari.

"Ah, sh*t."

Before the car could hit him though, Tabari was heaved to the side, back onto the footpath by a brown and pink blur. The car slid to a halt, the driver shouting something at Tabari before taking off again. Tabari couldn't see him though. Instead, he had a warm, brown, furry thing on his face. What was this?

"Are you okay, Tabari?" The brown thing got up from his face, its familiar beady eyes staring down at him. It changed. Again.

"You pushed me out of the way," he said, wheezy and winded. The cement was hard and cold on his back. "What'd you do that for? I was gonna move."

The brown thing wasn't like the pink thing. It had arms, legs and two very big ears. It smiled at him. "I told you I wasn't gonna hurt you."

"Thanks. I guess."

--------------------------------​

After catching his breath, Tabari had moved back up to his hotel room, Kokomon trailing behind him. He realised that a little brown dog/cat/bunny thing following him would look weird, but luckily the lobby desk was too high and, like they had been for the rest of the morning, the hotel guests stared but didn't ask him about it, choosing to ignore (or perhaps talk to the lady at the lobby. Tabari really didn't care either way). Tabari positioned himself on the bed, the melted phone sitting next to him and Kokomon sitting at the other end.

"So, what are you again?"

"I'm a Digimon. I'm from the Digital World."

Tabari raised an eyebrow. That sounded like the internet. Or the inside of a TV. That would explain the egg. "And where's that exactly?" Kokomon frowned back.

"I… don't know."

"Why did you come out of my TV?"

"I don't know that either." Tabari raised both eyebrows. Kokomon shook its head. "All I know is that I'm a Digimon from the Digital World and that I'm here for you, Tabari."

"Mmhm." Tabari rolled his shoulders and exhaled. "Well, Koko, if that is your real name…"

"It's Kokomon, but I'm Lopmon now," it replied. Tabari frowned at 'Lopmon'.

"You change what you look like and your name? That's not confusing at all." Lopmon smiled back at him.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
    Kyeong-Jun & Coronamon
    Episode 1: The Day It All Changed

The air in the house was cool and immersed with the smell of mechanics. It grazed over his face gently, rousing him from the fading darkness. His eyes slowly fluttered twice before the ache pounded at the crown of his head. "Ahh." Jun breathed shallowly, reaching up to touch the cause of his pain. He felt the small culprit of his agony then quickly winced away from it. The blood on his fingertips were minimal but still...it felt like a hammer was molding a pot over his head.

He stood up from the floor carefully. For a moment he had forgotten why he was even in the kitchen. Holding himself up by the edges of the stove, he looked around himself. Eyes darting around for that whispering flame.

Pitch black, curious round eyes flashed in his head; flooding the memories back. He groaned before stumbling towards the door outside. The room suddenly seemed really cramped and confining. "W-What…What was that thing?" he uttered, pulling the door open with more strength than necessary. "I'm pretty sure it wasn't real. Some demon from another world perhaps," he joked with a tense smile. He turned his head around towards the open door. "…But, what if it was a demon. Than I've left my mom in there with it."

His dark eyes lit up light brown with the light of the sun shining on them, his realization leaving him in astonishment. The ache heaved at his heart, his concern for his mother adding strength to its urgency. He gritted his teeth before rushing headlong towards his mother's room. Through the living room, pass the bathroom, and finally barreling inside his mother's dwelling he stopped. It was silent, ominously so considering the images of the monster that was in his head.

After a few tense moments of stealthily looking around his mother's room, for a possibly imagined intruder, Jun found himself standing in the middle with a composed relief resting on his face. His head turned towards the bathroom and inevitably towards the living room. What the hell did I see?

He stepped back outside just in time to catch the appearance of the local bullies barging their way into his small urban community. Four males, one of them basically being drug around by the three others.

Jun stepped up towards the railing, looking down on them with seriousness. Those three were always starting trouble with him; they didn't particularly enjoy the fact that he had stood up to them and their bullying. Just the typical story of vengeful bullies trying to claim back what they thought was taken: Their pride. Unfortunately for them, if they had had any; they wouldn't have drug poor Nathan into the problem.

"Yoooo, Jonsey-boyyy," Mikey called out, the man spearheading the group. "Come on down," He chortled, an arrogance and playfulness in his words as he gestured with two waves of his hand. "We know you have a soft spot for the popularly challenged." His two friends laughed at that one, as if it was every kinds of funny. "Now, here's what's going to happen. You're going to go inside, put on that charming little jacket of your...and then we're going to kick your ass. I plan on taking your jacket and hanging it on my wall."

"Come on guys, let him go. I'm not going to fight you," Said Jun, looking straight towards Nathan. The guy's legs were shaking, his eyes submissively turned to the ground. The lackey that held hold of him had him by the back of the neck; that had to be painful.

"Cut your higher than thou crap, ya dick! If you don't come down here we're gonna start wailing on this loser. That's a promise, Jonsey-boy!" The look in his eyes, the furrow in his brows, that maniacal little smirk. Jun let out a shallow sigh as the ache tugged full force.

He hated the very thought of fighting. War was just another excuse to let out humanity's hurt and agony on one another. So why? Why did someone that didn't carry the will to fight have too? It was deplorable in the very sense of the word. Absolutely and without second guessing. His eyes found Mikey's; a very stagnant and ruthless contempt were lurking in those black orbs. That guy had really despised him for standing up for the ones he bullied. Jun wondered why.

For what seemed a small moment in time, those were his thoughts, however when he returned to the tough decisions of reality; his gaze was solemn. "Alright, I'll be back to "get my ass kick" as you so politely put it," Jun turned his eyes onto Nathan, who was still refusing to look up. He wouldn't doubt it if the guy held some resent for him. For making him a target for those thugs. "Hold tight Nathan, this'll be over soon...Then we can all return to our lives."

Back in his room, after putting on some pants and a white shirt; from fear of anything else getting, no matter how sordid the thought: bloody, Jun started sliding his arms into his jacket. "Nathan doesn't deserve this, no one deserves to be used like a tool." He muttered to himself while pulling at the sleeves of his white dress shirt. His fist clenched at the words that slipped from his mouth. "This time, I won't fight. I won't even throw a punch," He resolved firmly, all the fighting was beginning to chip away at him. It made him feel just a little less himself. "Yea, not even a single punch."

His jaw tensed and loosened as he made his way back outside, preparing for what he was about to do. What he was, again, about to sacrifice himself for. His sneakers fell hard on the stairs, his eyes falling onto the group of tyrants. Maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration but it felt that way, a lot of the time. Jun stopped five or six feet away from them, his hands tucking into his pockets as he stared them down. "Let him go Mikey, I'm here. Am I not what you wanted?"

A grin came onto the boy's face as he slid his hand through his sandy brown hair. "Come onnn," He exasperated. "Will you quit the knight in gay armor act? I mean," His voice dropped to a hushed tone. "You come to our school, you start flipping things around for losers and pissants. We, me and my friends, we have a lot to beat out of you. A lot of frustration, a lot of detention, and a hell of a lot of pent up bullying. So try not to lose consciousness too quick. "

Nathan finally looked up from the ground. "C-can I leave?" He asked, his jaw tightening and his tongue prodding at his cheek angrily. "You said I could if he came out. Well, he's out."

Mikey turned towards his lackey. "Beat his ass Louise, no one said he could talk."

Like an obedient dog, the bulky man launched his fist into Nathan's jaw. "You got it Mike."

It was becoming unbearable, this urge to stop them. Jun had made a conscious decision not to fight, but in that moment, he made a conscious decision to forget it. He dashed off pass Mikey and socked the six foot brute in his face. "Leave him alone won't you! He didn't do anything!"

Louise grabbed his cheek and shook his head quickly. "That stung," He growled, approaching him suddenly. "I've been meaning to pay you back for that incident last week."

Jun needed to give Nathan time to get up, too run. Behind his back he was shooing Nathan towards the entrance, if he ran especially fast, and Jun could keep their attention on him; than Nathan should escape. But it would a take a flare that he wasn't too use to. A defiant light entered his levelheaded glare. "Is that what we call getting your butt kicked now. A "incident"?" He mocked.

Mikey made his way beside the giant. "Oh you're just a fountain of jokes now, huh? Get a few punches in through the semester and you forget that numbers matter!" He yelled, throwing a full power swing into his face.

Jun fell to his knee before quickly wiping the blood from his top lip. That Mikey guy sure had a mean left. He could had dodged it but than that meant Nathan wouldn't had gotten away. I would ask for you to get help but I'm sure you've been through enough, He thought while watching him disappear behind the wall of a brick building. Alright, maybe I can make back to the apartment! He thought before shooting a beeline for the stairs.

He felt a harsh tug bring him back to the ground and then before he knew it, he could feel the pain. A foot in his side, a punch to his face, a few stomps to his legs. He could hear their curses towards him, the harsh offensive statements towards his race and culture. It was like they didn't have hearts at all.

And then suddenly it all stopped. "Fancy watch, never seen one like it Jonesy-boy! I'll just rip it off your wrist. " He threatened.

Jun smirked a bit as he rolled himself over, holding his stomach and ribs as he glare up at him. "G-Go home Mikey," His voice was steeped in the pain throbbing over his body, still though, he refuse to shed a tear for those monsters. "You did what you wanted!".

"Sure I will, quote, un-quote "King"," Mikey said dog-tired before sweeping his hand through his hair. "But not before I take your jacket and that fancy watch. Hand it over."

Jun attempted to laugh but only coughed in response to his desire. "Would if I could Mikey…but I can't." He groaned, swiveling around on the ground.

"What's your deal Jonesy-boy? You just can't make anything easier can you!" He yelled, slamming the toes of his shoes into Jun's gut. "Give," He kicked him again, forcing out the air in his lungs. "Me," and another one slammed into his ribs. "Th- Woahhh! and the watch glows too. Now you know I'm takin-"

"HEYYY!" An eccentric, adolescent voice rung out from above. It was filled with rage. He struggled to prop himself up on his elbow and look up towards the roof of his apartment. His eyes widened at the sight. A crimson kid, no, a monster stood fearlessly on top of it; his crimson eyes fearsome as he glared down at them. "I'm going to incinerate all of you!"

Jun rolled his eyes, albeit weakly. He'd been seeing monsters all day, dealing with bullies outside of school, and now a demon bent on his destruction. And on top of all that his dumb compassion got in the way again, pulling at his heart. He willed his legs to stand up, they trembled. He willed his back to straighten, it throbbed. Slowly, he sauntered forwards, standing with Mikey on one side and Mike's lackeys on the other. "W-will…you go home now?"

"Uhh, y-yea, I think I-I- will." He uttered, before starting to run off towards the entrance, his lackeys were close behind.

Jun was breathing haggardly. "W-What do you want?" He stuttered. "If you're going to kill me than you'll have to catch me, I'm pretty tired of fighting."

A harsh and sharp sound left the demon's voice. "Fighting?" He repeated with disbelief. "You threw one punch than gave up. That wasn't fighting that was cowardice."

"W-What are you talking about? Were you watching me?"

"Yea, while I was Sunmon I was struggling to get to you. But you threw the towel in..and- well I got desperate." He uttered, leaping down from the roof and onto the ground. "You gave up too easily."

Jun shook his head from side to side, slowly at first before stopping. "I didn't give up...I let someone else escape." He told him, looking more so at the demon entirely than his eyes. The demon wore gold bracelets on its tail and braces on his forearms. Crimson fur covered him, while a mane like hair-do pulled his hair back and up.

It walked closer to him before throwing his hand out towards him. Jun looked at the extended greeting. "Heya partner, I'm Coronamon. I'm the guy that just saved your life." He told him cheerfully, his tone different from before, way different. It exuded warmth, joy.

Jun eyed him and kept his hands to himself, no way would he shake his hand. Not when that death threat a few minutes ago had seemed so real. "Tell me who you are?" He asked him seriously.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
  • Jason Benedict & Guilmon
    Saturday March 29th

Jason was unsure of what to do at this point. Gigimon was as boisterous as ever, dancing about the floor of the bedroom. It entire situation almost became a headache to think about so he decided to some fresh air was needed. Kneeling down and scooping up Gigimon, he took a deep breathe and spoke calmly. "Hey there little buddy. I think we're going to need some food soon so I gotta go and buy some." The baby dragon nodded happily. "But that means I need to leave you here for a little bit ok?"

Gigimon tilted its head with a frown. "You're going leave me alone? Why?"

Jason felt a tinge of guilt once hearing the creature's sad voice. "I think people would freak out if they saw you. But hey, I'm going to buy us a bunch of yummy things to eat. All you have to do is wait here a just a little while; I'll be back."

Gigimon jumped up happily and nodded in understanding. "OK, I'll wait."

"Great." Jason sighed with relief. After his keys and jacket were secured, he stepped into the hallway and looked back at the baby dragon. "Just don't break anything while i'm gone...please?" The red dragon nodded once more. With that Jason closed the door behind him and began his trip down the elevator. The elevator music was quite soothing during the decent. Looking to his wrist hoping to check the time, the weird device was still attached to his arm. He racked his brain trying to rationalize what this meant. It wasn't enough that a monster came from his computer screen, but a weird piece of machinery he couldn't seem to operate wouldn't detach from his arm. Jason's thoughts were cut short the elevator door finally opened to the bottom floor. Glancing to swimming pool across from the lobby, he just hoped the new watch was water proof.

Bags from the market in his arms, Jason was actually anxious once he neared his room door. He hoped Gigimon and his furniture were still in one piece in his room. Once the door was slowly pulled open, Gigimon was practically at your feet greeting you and asking what food was purchased. Looking around, his hotel didn't look like a disaster zone like he feared. Jason smiled as he reached down to pat Gigimon. "Hey you, look excited to see me."

Gigimon sniffs the air wildly as he jumps happily. "Yup! What is in the bag?!? It smells so nice!" The temptation almost overtook the dragon as he almost lunged for the bags. Jason however halted the charge.

Pulling the food back. "Heeyy, hold on there, lemme get it all out first." Jason emptied the contents of the bags onto the counter. Different kinds of bread and fruits spilled out. Before he had a chance to say ant thing, the dragon had already dove face first into the pile of food. Pieces of bread started spewing in all directions. "Whoa, whoa there! How about we eat outside? It wouldn't matter much if we ate out there and made a mess." Rolling the food up in a large towel, he placed the feast on a table in the balcony.

Once finished with barely half of the food, Gigimon burped with satisfaction and threw itself into the human's arms. "Thank you Jason!"

"Yea no problem little guy. I'm guessing there isn't much bread where your species comes from?"

"Ummm, I don't think there is a lot of bread in the digital world."

Jason blinked upon hearing 'Digital World'. It intrigued him that Gigimon knew where he was from, but hadn't brought it up before. "Digital world you say?"

"Yup, that's where digimon like me are from."

Digimon? Jason had never heard of such a thing before. He wondered what the digital world was like. Where there even more little monsters like Gigimon? Before he could question any further, his digimon had jumped from his lap and began to actually explore the balcony. It was actually quite spacious containing a few tables, several chairs(including lounge chairs), beautiful plants, and complimented by a gorgeous view of the city below.

Gigimon was obviously impressed by the view and jumped on the guardrail to get a better look. "Haha, Jason look, everything looks so tiny!" Jason was all but amused however as the position the dragon was in was nothing but dangerous; his stubby legs barely able to support him on the rail.

"Gigimon! Be careful-" He was cut of as the digimon tried to look back and stumbled over the rail and began to fall with a terrified yelp. With expert reflexes, he practically dove over the rail, painfully landing on his waist and catching Gigimon. He immediately tossed the dragon over his shoulders, back onto the balcony. The however that was an even more terrible situation for Jason as the toss effectively destroyed his balance on the rail and sent him tilting over to face a five story drop. His life flashed before his eyes as he screamed in terror.

"Don't worry I've got you!" A somewhat different voice rang in Jason's head as he opened his eyes, surprised he wasn't dead yet. Something had gripped tightly around both his upper legs. With strength that was beyond him, that something that saved his life began to pull him upward. Jason helped by grabbing the bars of the guardrail and pushing himself upward as well. Once hauled back onto the balcony, all he could do was catch his breath for several moments. He'd never been on the brink of death before. Finally getting a hold of himself and looking up, he lost his breath again. A large dinosaur like creature stood above him. Bipedal, red with black markings, and a white belly it was also equipped with large claws. Lost for words, all Jason could think to do was scoot backward on the ground in shock.

"Jason, it's me!" The dinosaur extended its arm to the frightened human. "Please don't be scared..."

Jason's eyes widened. "G-gigimon? Is that you?" After a small moment of hesitation, Jason accepted the digimon's paw as he was helped to his feet. It baffled him at how Gigimon changed again, but so dramatically. He stood at Jason's chin height now!

The changed digimon shook his head and smiled. "Nope. I'm Guilmon now."

"Guilmon?? Well, you look pretty cool I gotta admit. Thanks for saving my life."

Guilmon gave Jason a leaping hug, almost causing them both to fall over again, "You saved me first."​

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Allison Wing & Gazimon - Saturday March 29th

Allison woke up when the sun poked her in the eyes. She blinked and yawned before realizing that she had fallen asleep on the sofa. The memories of the events last night suddenly washed over her all at once. Just when she was about to bolt up, a voice made her stop.

"Little missy's finally awake, eh? Been waiting for you for hours!"

The voice was a raspy male one, briefly reminding Allison of the parrot in Aladdin or some other half-mean character. She spun around to try and see where it came from, but before she knew it the source of the sound landed from a jump onto the coffee-table next to her. She gasped and clasped her hands over her mouth.

It was another creature, but much larger than the ones she had seen yesterday. This one probably reached just above her waist while they both stood up, it had gray fur, a tail and ears that looked a bit like a rabbit's. Its eyes were narrow but with an eager, golden shade. It smiled at her and revealed a couple of sharp but not too big teeth.

"What you staring at?" the creature suddenly snapped and its grin disappeared as he crossed his arms.

Allison slowly stood up and cleared her throat, not taking her staring eyes off the monster for a second. "What are you?"

"I'm your new best friend, missy," it said, smiling again and opening up his arms in an inviting gesture. "Or what, did you prefer the little bubble monsters?"

"The other monsters!" Allison blurted out and let her eyes dart around the suite. "Where did they go?"

The creature suddenly laughed and plopped down in a sitting position, still on top of the coffee-table. "They didn't go anywhere. They just evolved, you know? Became me. I'm much better like this anyways! Limbs and claws, tail... and I'm not a yucky baby color."

"Evolved?" Allison said with trembling voice. "I don't understand... Who are you?"

"Now, there's asking the right question!" the creature said, suddenly with a milder tone. "I'm Gazimon. A digimon! Digital monster, if you want to be proper."

"Did you... Come out from the TV?" the girl said, not noticing herself sinking down back into the sofa.

Gazimon turned around to face the TV for a moment and then nodded. "Yeah, I suppose I did. As a wee egg. Hatched into a little helpless thing and just needed some warmth badly, you know?"

"Like a bath?"

"Ah, I love a good bath!" Gazimon giggled, which sounded a bit strange and devilish with his raspy voice. "And then I got hungry."

"For cereals?"

"Serials? Of what? I found something really yummy and ate as much as I could, and then I got real sleepy. But I couldn't find any nice place to sleep so I decided to evolve again first. By the time I managed that though, you had already fallen asleep before me! Kind of rude when you got guests, you know?"

He had crossed both his arms and legs again when talking, which made him look oddly sophisticated where he sat, still on the table. Allison shook her head.

"You're trying to say that you... was born through the TV and then hatched and... transformed? Several times?"

"Basically, that seems to be it, missy!"

"I'm not 'missy'," Allison said faintly. "I'm Allison."

"Allison! Well of course you are. I knew that."

"No you didn't."

"Of course I did, don't be silly."

"How could you have known that? You're a creature-

"Digimon!"

"... and you have just been born."

"No, I've spent half the night going through your stuff. I know exactly who you are."

Allison's jaw dropped at the nerve of this guy. "You did what?"

"It's not like you're supposed to have any secrets from me anyways! I sure won't have any from you," Gazimon said with a shrug and leaned back with his arms behind his head on the coffee-table.

"You can't just... You don't... I..."

Allison was starting to feel odd. Not panicking, really. Not afraid like she had been in the night. Just sad, somehow. Before she knew it, she heard herself sobbing out of the blue.

Gazimon reacted instantly though. He got up and jumped over to the sofa beside her and put a clawed paw on her shoulder. Her sobbing came to an abrupt stop as she looked up into his face, mere inches away, in surprise. His face didn't really bear a look of concern, but there was something else there. Like he was really uncomfortable with seeing her upset and wanted to prevent it.

"Don't cry," he said with the air of an older brother telling his little sibling how to survive in the world. "You're braver than that, I know it. Right?"

He reached out his other paw to her. It held her glasses.

"How," Allison breathed, accepting the glasses but only holding them for a moment still. "How do you know?"

He scoffed and pulled his paw away to lean on the backrest of the sofa, once again with arms crossed. A few seconds went by and Allison quietly dried her nose on the blanket.

"Maybe because I want you to be, you know?" his hoarse voice suddenly came. "I'm supposed to be courageous. But I think I'm really bad at it. On my own, at least."

He didn't look at her, but was that... a blush beneath the fine fur of his face? Allison wasn't afraid, no. She didn't understand what was going on or what Gazimon really was. But for the first time in a long while, she thought she had met someone she might actually want to figure out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back