• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Gilded Halls ★ IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

• Dominic Irving // Nirvana

"Oh good lord, i'm in heaven..." Dom stood, hands on his waist gazing out across the pool patio. Half dressed women. Check. Mounds of food. Check. There was nothing more that a young man would need to be happy. He and Ross had split up just a few minutes ago, but he found his roommate having a conversation with quite the attractive girl. My boy Ross going in! He laughed to himself, as back home this is when he would come in and completely ♥♥♥♥ block his friends, but he let his new acquaintance be, at least for the moment.

Hearing his stomach rumble to him, he decided that the best course of action would be to grab some grub before doing anything else. Dominic quickly shuffled his way to the table packed with a grand selection of food. Grabbing a plate from the front of the table he almost knocked over a cute red headed girl before reaching the pizza. He grabbed her surprisingly gently with his enormous hands before he completely leveled her. "Sorry 'bout that. I noticed the pizza and just saw red for a couple seconds, then when I came to my senses I found myself crashing into quite the beautiful girl." He gave a short laugh at his atrocious attempts to flirt with the girl before continuing with what he had came to do. "Now if you'll excuse me." He grabbed one of the boxes of pizza before moving to an empty table by the pool.

In almost no time flat, Dom wolfed down the entire pizza that he had taken. After wiping down his face he pulled out a protein bar from his pocket. "To balance out the junk." He gave a sarcastic chuckle before consuming it in one bite. As he lay back in his chair, stomach finally satisfied, he looked out across the pool and just observed each person. There were a host of attractive young women and some pretty chill looking guys too. Hm... maybe this is a place where they gather attractive teens and make them create attractive kids. He laughed slightly at his joke, but wiped it off as soon as he realized he was in public.

Tired of sitting in the shade, creepily watching everyone else socialize, he stood up and walked out into the sun and stripped off his tank top exposing his lightly tanned muscles for all to see. Pulling out the Ray Bands, he lay back in a pool chair and rested his arms behind his head, knowing in full how much of a douche bag he now must have seemed like.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • Zachary Agatio & William Bhransht
    ladies. ...ladies. ladies.

Zachary's taste buds were on fire.

It was probably due to him spicing it up too much. He would've grasped for water, but he had to play it cool, right? He couldn't be messing up on his first day, and he couldn't make it obvious that he had powers. But he was aware [at least now] that his finesse definitely needed some work- maybe it was because he had decided to do it so suddenly? Regardless, he finished his pizza [his face slightly red] and threw out what was left of the chips- they were likely to be no longer edible after his recent spectacle. Grabbing a bottle of water, he drank it vigorously. But even now that the spice on his tongue [and throat] was good and gone, he still felt hot.

Spying the pool from a few meters away, he immediately thought of jumping in. His unremarkable crimson shirt and brown cargo shorts weren't a problem; if anything went wrong he could just go back to the lodge and quickly change into clothes more suitable. Taking his shirt off beforehand, he decided to jump into the pool, not bothering to worry much about how the splash may or may not have affected any conveniently cool guys sitting in chairs... or guys just in the pool.

Alternating between swimming aimlessly and floating on his back kept Will occupied well enough, but it didn't stop him from noticing someone chugging water like their life depended on it. The guy's hair was what stood out about him the most, Will was kind of jealous of the color, it made his blond locks feel boring by comparison. He went back to floating until a few footsteps by the pool led into water splashing onto him, he only bothered to wipe off what got in his eyes. A slight lift of his head for a peek revealed the culprit to be the same guy who'd looked like he'd just got done hiking through the desert a minute ago. "Quite the entrance." Will lazily called out. "If mine was any sign that should earn you the right to be approached by a pretty girl instead of me." He lowered his voice at the last part, he didn't want Ginny to think he was trying to impress her, as much as he'd love to, it was no reason to become annoying.

Zachary looked to the side, noting someone he hadn't really ever seen before; of course, he probably had in passing over to the food, but it probably seemed insignificant then. He grinned. "Hey, at least be happy you were approached by a girl. You could be approached by a bunch of other people, and if you got a pretty one, then you're on luck's side." Deciding that he might as well learn about his fellow classmates, he continued. "How's the rest of your stay been here? I barely got here half an hour ago, so I haven't seen much yet."

Will chuckled at the other guy's reply and kicked his legs a few times to drift closer to him. "It certainly felt like a stroke of luck, I've never had a pretty girl approach me just to talk to me in my whole life." He let his most laid back smile show through, and nonchalantly waved his hand at the guy's next comment. "Sorry I can't really say much, I only got here about 15, 20 minutes ago myself. I think I even got here after you since my bag was the last one there, I took it, went straight to my room and charged here at full speed. I love swimming, but I didn't expect lovely ladies in their underwear. It's pretty cool that a school would let all this go on the first day."

"Sure is." Yup, as if it weren't obvious before- one hundred percent ladies man. ...Not like it's necessarily a bad thing. "Honestly I expected some kind of orientation, but I came in and it was more like, 'here's a key, a bag, get settled in' and now we're just sitting around out back. S'not bad at all. And I think there's probably heck of a lot more to come." Zachary grinned. "Nothing but pools, sun, and food."

"And of course the ladies." Will added.

Zach nodded. "And the ladies. Can't forget the ladies."

"But that's enough of my ego over-inflating from impressing one girl, I better quit while I'm a head before I start sounding like some philandering jerk-that is, if I don't already. I'm William by the way, most people call me Will, or Liam, which I don't mind, Liam makes me feel fancy." While he drifted within reach of the other guy he held out his hand. "Nice to meet'cha."

"Zachary. Zachary Agatio, some call me Zach but that's up to you- whether you want to use it or not, I mean. Nice meeting you too, Will." ...Humble ladies man? He quickly went in for the handshake, before floating on his back as well, looking up at the sky. The sun was glaring a bit, but he was okay for the moment; it didn't seem to be going directly into his eyes, so he would be okay. Yawning a bit, he looked over at William. "Hey, where are you from, anyways? I'm from South Carolina myself." He was about to blurt out "y'know in the USA" but decided that he would test William's geography skills Will was smart enough to figure that out. ...If he was even from Europe. He could be from the US, as well.

"Born in California myself, ended up in - ugh - the Mojave Desert after I was eleven years old... the desert sucks as much as cartoons make it seem like it does. A huge chunk of my family's ancestry is in Germany if origins matter to you... although if i wanted to get that across I guess I should have just said my last name: it's Bhransht."

"My ancestry... probably some Scottish or something, for the hair? Nah, probably not. But my dad has some Italian and Spaniard roots- I think- my mother, she... well... yeah, it's a mix alright. I don't think I'm quite one thing or the other. Hell, I could be some form of African and I wouldn't know, I just don't think I've ever really cared much for it. Well, whatever." He smiled, but didn't really think of much to say for a moment.

"America, the land of glorious mutts. Gotta love being of mixed blood, it's good for the world, a healthy bit of biological diversity." Will yawned and started to stretch, but putting his arms all the way out behind him made his head dip all the way under water for a second. He pulled his head up and spat a tiny bit of water out, making sure to aim away from Zachary. "Bleh, chlorine."

"Well, if it weren't for chlorine, it's likely we'd be swimming in a lake, not in a pool." Zach said, quite bluntly. "Although I do agree we should have a different way to clean our water, yeah."

"I don't have anything against chlorine, it's fine, it just makes getting water in your mouth suck, better than the stuff that floats around in lakes though I'm sure." He'd lasted a pretty long while, but he was finally starting to feel the telltale twisting of the stomach that signalled impending cramps. Will turned back over and swam over to the side of the pool. "We can keep talking if you want, but I'm afraid my time in the pool is up, believe it or not it's not because my chair is next to the girl I was talking to." He held onto the pool but awaited Zach's reply before getting out, he didn't want to just ditch someone mid conversation.

"Well, I'm not too crazy about getting out yet. I haven't been here too long, I might as well just stay a bit." Remembering something, he looked over at Will again. That's right! I don't know who I'm rooming with yet! "Hey, Will! What room are you dorming in?" I think the word is dorming, anyways.

Will climbed out of the pool, but sat by the edge instead of walking to his chair to dry off. Ugh I'm gonna have to comb my hair soon so it doesn't stay stupid curly like this. "I'm room 5, my roommate wasn't there when I showed up, how about you?"

"Oh, room 4. Seems like whoever my roommate is has already arrived and gotten comfortable." He groaned. "I have no idea what kind of person I'm rooming with. Hopefully they're not a douche, I could do without problems with my roommate. I just need to figure out who it is first." He looked around. "...hopefully female. But they don't room females with males here... do they?" He looked around, thinking for a moment. "...Or maybe they do. I haven't seen an instance of it yet." Of course, he wouldn't know he was looking at such an instance, but then again not even the guy himself knew.

"Well so far I've only seen four female students since I got here, I don't know how many there may be in other parts of the school right now, but if they've got an even number it stands to reason there would be gender separation." Will replied, putting his finger to his chin and scratching it. He looked around and he still only only saw four girls, Ginny, the gamer girl who's 3DS was probably going to electrocute her at some point that day, the other pretty red head who seemed a little shy, and the raven-haired girl who'd also decided to swim in her skivvies. He tried not to let his gaze linger on any of them too long, he didn't want to be a creep. "Yup, I still only count four."

He leaned back and laid on the floor by the edge of the pool, watching the clouds and blew a wet wisp of moisture-darkened hair out of his face. "I hope my roommate is cool... but most of all I hope he doesn't walk around the room naked or anything, if he's just a douche I can just ignore him. But the latter problem...I'd have to stay out of my room or hound him to quit it."

"Walking around naked? Pfft. I don't see anyone doing that, that's kind of... well, social suicide to be walking around naked anywhere in the school, bar the baths of course. And even then it's awkward..." He drifted slightly, his auburn hair spread out in multiple directions on the surface of the water. "Well, at least you can't possibly have anything too awkward. ...It's weird to have a roommate doing that, but if they did, it's not like they're walking around with lady parts." He grinned. "Now that would be awkward."

"Yeah, it'd be more awkward, but at the same time more pleasant for me." Liam chuckled. "Although I'd feel really bad for the girl, she'd probably feel awful... and then I would probably get a foot to the groin."

Zachary cringed. "Not worth it." Unless she's hot. Maybe. No. Still not worth it. He shrugged. "Well, you could just try and knock. Or not knock, if that's your kind of thing."

Will had his own twitch at the thought of the painful repercussions of catching a girl in the buff, accidental or not. "Of course I'd knock, I don't want to make anyone feel violated like that... but that shouldn't be a problem, I've never heard of a co-ed boarding school, that doesn't seem to happen mostly until college. I have no intentions of losing my potential to bare-children violently because of a moment of thoughtlessness."

"I think that's the standard mindset among human males."

"You never know, there are some sick-Os out there. Come to think of it now as awesome as the fairer sex is I'd rather have a guy for a roommate, less complicated. Besides how much of a pain it could be for me think of how the girl would probably feel in that situation. I don't want to put anyone through that."

"True, true. Besides," Zachary added, "it's not like the person in your dorm room will be the only one you'll be with. So chances are regardless of your roommate, unless they're super controlling, you have the freedom to interact with anyone you'd want- in your case, especially the ladies."

Will raised an eyebrow at the end of Zach's sentence. "'Especially the ladies'?" He sat there for a second before actually losing it and laughing out loud. "Especially the ladies he says, like I'm some sort of lady-killer! Oh Zach, if only you knew. Man I've never even had a girlfriend before, I'm a total flop when it comes to romance, I just like to compliment people when I see something worthwhile."

"Will, that can change, y'never know." Zach grinned. "In fact, I'll put money down, that by the end of this-" He stopped. "...Y'know, that may not be a good idea. I really don't know how suave you aren't, so I can't really say anything." Zachary shrugged. "...Yeah, good luck with that. But hey, if it means anything, I'll help you out with lady endeavors. As long as they don't affect any of my own. If you need my help, anyways."

"Nah." Will waved his hands. "They say nice guys finish last, and from what I've seen it seems to be true romantically. Girls always seem to go for guys who treat them bad, or look successful, or both, being a nice guys seems to get you stuck. But I don't ever intend to be anything else, I am who I am. If I meet a girl who seems to feel something for me I'll give it a shot, it will happen when it happens. Que, sera, sera."

He pulled himself off the ground and stretched yet again when he was upright. "Anyways, I appreciate the offer Zach, it was nice meeting you, you seem like a really cool guy. My flight got delayed, yada yada yada jet lag, I should probably go take a nap before class so I don't do something stupid." He strode over to his claimed pool chair and took the spare towel from where Ginny had left it, and began to dry himself off while he listened to Zach's reply.

"That's not a bad idea, a bad first impression on the first day would suck." Zachary grinned over at Will, waving before drifting off. "See you later Will. Don't oversleep!"

"You got it! I'm sure the bell will wake me up, have a good one Zach!" After Will was finished drying off, he pulled his shirt off of the chair, and pulled it back over his unimpressive torso. He made sure to wave at Ginny as he walked away, seeing as how his chair was next to hers. "See you in class!"

Zachary waved. "Yeah, see you later!" Zachary swam off to the side of the pool himself, sitting there for a moment, running his hands through his hair and looking around quietly. The many food items around seemed each like the perfect, unsuspecting victims of spice. Maybe he should take advantage while he could... or he could just continue to chill out in the pool. He thought quietly to himself as Will left the scene.

Will's 'talent' came in handy for retracing his steps, it was easy heading back to the lodge. When he slid the card into the doorknob of room 5, heard the small click, and saw the small green light blink once he pulled the door open and let out a contented sigh. "Hello sleep." He changed back into his favorite pair of blue jeans, set his trunks down on top of his travel bag and dropped face-first on the bed that hadn't been claimed earlier. It had felt invigorating to move around, but it had brought back what little fatigue that was fought off by his nap on the bus, and he drifted off in no time.​

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Ross Wilson – Video Games and Biceps

"Otenise, or 'O' for short." Her name was absolutely perplexing to Ross. It sounded foreign, but she did not. And as he began to wonder about the origins of her name, he nearly missed the answer to his question. "And I think this is the perfect setting actually, because I'm prepping to grind Plesioth after I make some new armor and stock up on ore and junk." She briefly stopped, before going into a mini-rant about the creature. O definitely seemed to know Monster Hunter very well, more than he had thought possible. After all, that game was huge. "So long as people don't get all splishy-splashy over there, it'll be fine." By now she had finished the quest, which Ross could only tell because he had been staring at the screen for the time she was talking. "So, do you play anything?"

"No, I play absolutely nothing. Not a thing. Nope." Ross stated, staring blankly at the girl. Hopefully, she'd realise that he was joking. After about 5 seconds of joking, Ross broke into a brief laughter. "Well of course I play stuff. I play a bunch of stuff. Zelda, Metal Gear, Mario." After listing only three game series, Ross couldn't be bothered listing anymore. "Y'know, stuff. Although, I only have my 3DS with me right now. My sisters wouldn't let... me..." Just as Ross began explaining how he didn't have any of his systems with him, he noticed something in the corner of his eye. Something muscle-y. His roommate. Dom had finally made his way to the pool. This wouldn't be too much of a problem, if it weren't for the fact that he was now shirtless! Worst of all, Ross couldn't help but stare at the guy.

In an attempt at making O think that nothing was wrong, Ross continued what he was saying. "My sisters wouldn't let me take anything else. So I left them back home, with them." Ross nervously laughed, still distracted by his roommate's annoyingly muscular frame. Hopefully, Otenise wouldn't see him.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • x
    "World 2, Level 1... Or something like that."
    CHAPTER I
    PART VI​
    裏表おてにせ
    (Otenise Uraomote)

Gilded Halls ★ IC - Gilded Halls ★ IC - Gilded Halls ★ IC

Form: "O"​

Gilded Halls ★ IC
    [▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮]

"No, I play absolutely nothing. Not a thing. Nope." Ross just sort of stared at her, something made almost uncomfortable for several long seconds until he finally laughed. "Well of course I play stuff. I play a bunch of stuff. Zelda, Metal Gear, Mario. Y'know, stuff. Although, I only have my 3DS with me right now. My sisters wouldn't let... me..." He then trailed off for quite some time, staring elsewhere, before somewhat hurriedly returning a half-attentive gaze to Otenise. "My sisters wouldn't let me take anything else. So I left them back home, with them."

Curious as to what exactly had pulled his attention away so horrendously long, Otenise glanced over in that direction. To her surprise, there were a number of half-dressed people all around the pool, something that had apparently happened when she was very obviously paying no to attention to her surroundings. The whole scenario seemed awkward and she darted her gaze back to her 3DS. "So, right, um... What was I talking abo- oh, right. Well, maybe I could invite ya over sometime, I have a nice big flat-screen and a bunch of Nintendo systems all hooked up plus xbox 360 and bone, and good god all of the games... We could play any version of Smash, if you're any good at that."

She grinned somewhat cheekily. "I play everything super competitively. I almost won a Smash Tournament once, but this buttface dude from Asia got me in the semi-finals... Jigglypuffed me right off the ledge... Cheating jerk." She crossed her arms, but quickly remembered that this was indeed the present, not the past. "Well, so long as I know ahead of time. I'm sure my roommate won't mind." She smiled, closing her 3DS and stuffing it in the inner pocket of her suit jacket. "What about you? Who is Ross anyway?"

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

---Time: 14:00-16:00
    ---Weather: Breezy

Elements 101

Gilded Halls ★ IC
    Earth. Fire. Air. Water.​
    - - - - -​

Miss Castleton had just arrived at the school for the first time that term. She was a teacher, of sorts, however she had been asked to take on a slightly different role at Gilded Halls. "Intrigue them, perplex them, confuse them!" The headmaster had been very odd on the phone, now she had been completely checked in she could see why.

She had been hired for her skills, the skills she often had to hide. She was something of a collector, her vault of objects and valuables exceeded that of any prince or king. Decades of collecting meant she could offer anything, everything. The classroom before her was bare, but luckily she could fix that.

With a wave of her hand, items appeared left, right and centre. Beakers and bunsen burners, stools and desks, the classroom slowly filled up. Odd scientific posters covered the wall, white blinds hung from the window, a pristine whiteboard dangled from the front wall.

"One last thing," Miss Castleton reached in to the air as a marker-pen materialised. With her elegant, pristine writing she wrote the note on the board.

We are part of nature, nature is part of us. Within each and every person is the ability to control nature, to a limited degree.

Choose your beaker wisely. Not every road leads to success.

The front desk was laid out, there were four distinctive sets of beakers. The first was filled with water, the second with sand. One beaker held just a single leaf whilst the final beaker held a small box of matches.

Students are tasked with attempting to control an element. Their goal is not to master it, but to show some affinity to one, single element. You may be able to draw out droplets from the water, touch the fire as if it wasn't there, cause the sand to churn or even flutter the leaf around the room. How much your character can manage is up to you.

Miss Castleton's work was done, she scanned the classroom one last time and left - leaving the door open and the classroom available for the students. The bell, sat atop the main building, rang as the minute-hand reached its half way point. A clear sign that the first lesson was starting in classroom 1A.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Ginevra May Morrigan & William Bhransht
    Shock! My Roommate is a Boy!

After lunch, Ginevra decided to head back to her room before class to shower and change, since she did decide to jump in the pool. The grounds were beautiful and she looked around as she casually walked, enjoying not feeling like she was in a rush or anything. The schedule had said 13:00 for Elements 101, whatever that was. Have to get used to the 24-hour clock it seems... and also, what is Elements 101? Is that some fancy British way to say Chemistry?

She shook her head, chuckling to herself as she entered the dormitory. A smile came to her face as she slid her key card into the door and it clicked open. Her mouth gaped open when she saw a boy laying on the opposite bed and she screamed as she slammed the door shut, phasing right through it instead of opening it like a normal person.

Dreamland was certainly treating Will right, although everything that made it's way through his head was as nonsensical as ever. He started to roll over onto his side, but one of the most startling sounds in the world (a girl screaming is very distressing to a true gentleman *straightens bowtie*) snapped him to wakefulness while simultaneously rolling him the rest of the way off the bed. The grogginess of being asleep only moments before kept Will acquainting himself with the floor longer than he would with his wits about him, and when he finally opened his eyes he couldn't see anything wrong.

I definitely heard something... but what - wait, that was a girl! Weird things can happen with a bunch of teenagers and no adults around, I hope nobodies getting hurt. "Hey, is anyone in trouble!?" He called out while he pushed himself up. As soon as he could he started towards the door and turned the handle really hoping nobody was in trouble, he wasn't necessarily a super tough-guy.

Ginny was in a bit of a panic, so she phased herself into the bathroom and locked the door behind her. She took a few deep breathes and looked around in the darkness before flipping on the light. Oh em gee. There's a guy in my room! There's a guy in my room! She fanned herself as she leaned against the wall, not sure what to do.

There was nobody to be found in the hallway outside the room, Will was right about to leave for a more detailed search when he heard a click behind him. He stepped back into the room and let the door close behind him, the click must have come from the bathroom, the dorm wasn't exactly a three-bedroom suite. He didn't try to open the door, he could only assume the click was it being locked, and he didn't want to take a chance at startling anybody or walking in on them if it wasn't. "Hello? Is anybody in there? What was that scream about, there's no snake in the room or anything right?"

"No, go away!" Ginny yelled through the door, "You shouldn't be in my room anyway!" She ran her fingers through her hair and looked around frantically, wondering what she was going to do about the boy in her room. What if he's my roommate? Why would they do that?

"Oh... Well, I'm sorry if I startled you. The bag addressed to me had a five on it and the key to this room, and I was still pretty tired from the flight so I was going to try and sleep off the jet lag before class." Now that he listened to it that voice was kinda familiar. Of course, it's that girl, Ginny! Huh... what are the odds? "Maybe it was some sort of scheduling conflict or something, I'll go ask... er, Ms Fallcrest about it I guess, since I haven't seen any other staff around here yet." Will backed away from the bathroom door and started to gather everything he'd taken out of the gift bag back together in preparation for the room-change he'd probably be assigned when the nurse realized their mistake.

Ginny unlocked the door and poked her head out through the opening, "I, uh..." She hestitated for a second and took another deep breath, "Don't think this is a school where mistakes like that would be made. I think this was intentional." She slowly stepped out into the room, hoping he hadn't seen her go right through the door. Honestly, he was probably wondering how she had gotten into the bathroom when the door was closed and he only heard one door being shut.

Will left the bag alone when he heard Ginny's voice get closer and turned to look at her. Just like I said to Zach, this must suck for a girl. "I dunno they say the more intelligent people are the stranger the quirks they develop, and they already let people halfway strip at the pool, I'm sure they're fully capable of making mistakes like that. I know I don't want to put you throu-" He blinked for a second when it hit him that he'd rolled right over a pretty big oddity. "Hold on a second, I could have sworn I heard that scream come through the door to the rest of the lodge, how'd you get in the bathroom?"

"Uh, I, uh..." Ginny wasn't prepared to explain her powers, she wasn't going to either. No one but her knew about it anyway, and she planned to keep it that way. "I guess you heard wrong. I came in, screamed, closed the door behind me and ran into the bathroom." She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, "That's what happened... maybe you were still a bit groggy from your nap."

The explanation didn't quite add up, but Will had no intention of pushing the topic, she was already stressed, so he shrugged as well. "I guess so, but really I should say something to Ms Fallcrest. I don't want to put you through this."

"Well, if you'd like to do that, you go do that. I'm going to take a shower." Ginny walked past him to her side of the room and opened her suitcase, which was on her bed. She pulled out clean clothes, underwear, her towel, and toiletries and trotted off to the bathroom with a grin on her face. The fake aura of confidence was back as she looked at Will over her shoulder and winked at him before closing the door and locking it behind her.

Hmmm, I suppose it's at least partially a facade. "I'm not doing it for me." Will said casually. "I can't say I mind it personally all that much." She probably hadn't heard him through the door but maybe that was for the best, the whole thing about 'nice guys' still rang through his head. He sat on his bed and put a new pair of socks on to slip his shoes over, and stepped back towards the door.

"For ♥♥♥♥'s sake! You left the seat up!" Ginny growled through the door and banged against it with her fist, "Be a gentleman, damn!" She muttered underneath her breath and then turned the shower on, drowning out any chance at a reply.

Will stopped dead in his tracks at the exclamation from the bathroom. "But I didn't even use the-" Ah, whatever, let her think what she wants, I don't care. His own calm demeanor became a bit frustrated as he made his way out. They can definitely make mistakes, how does the seat even get left up in a bathroom no students have used yet?

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years

• Dominic Irving // Elements 101

Flipping off his sunglasses, Dom reluctantly got up from his relaxing session of taking in the sun. The bell had just rung and while he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, the young man tried his hardest when it came to academics and that meant getting to class on time. He slipped on his tank top and slung his black north face bag over his shoulder. As he started towards the main building he pulled out the schedule and map he had received upon his arrival to the school. "Classroom 1A" He found where it was on the map and quickly started on his way to his first class. "Elements 101..." He wondered aloud. "What are we gonna do in there?"

In almost no time at all he found himself standing before the door to Classroom 1A. Taking a deep breath he turned the handle and shuffled inside. Dominic found himself alone in the room. There were a number of empty desks and tables, but not a single person was to be found. "Looks like I came a little early, huh?" He chuckled a bit before finding a note on the white board covering the front of the room.

"We are part of nature, nature is part of us. Within each and every person is the ability to control nature, to a limited degree.

Choose your beaker wisely. Not every road leads to success."

The front desk was laid out, there were four distinctive sets of beakers. The first was filled with water, the second with sand. One beaker held just a single leaf whilst the final beaker held a small box of matches. Dom crossed his arms and smiled. This really is a special school. He thought to himself before moving to the table. Looking over each one, he grabbed the beaker filled with sand and sat in a stool towards the front of the room.

Holding the beaker up and observing it, he asked himself. "Now what am I supposed to do with you?" After looking back and forth from the board to the sand for some time, something clicked. Maybe they're trying to teach us how to use different abilities and powers? Half a year ago Dom would have found this absolutely ridiculous, but after learning of his own special abilities this didn't phase him a bit. "But how can someone who grows back limbs be able to control sand?" Rubbing his chin, he stared intensely at the beaker.

He put all his focus into the beaker and tried to get just a single grain of sand to move, but there was nothing. After trying numerous times he gave up. While something about the sand felt right to him there was nothing he could do, at least without further instruction. Bored of waiting for everyone else to get to class he dumped a bit of sand onto his palm and played around with it. Immediately Dom could definitely feel some strange sort of connection with the grains of sand in his hand.

"Now were getting somewhere." He grinned confidently and started to focus on moving the grains in his palm. As his concentration grew, the sand slowly began churning in his hand. A breath of excitement escaped from his lips before the materials in his hand stayed still. "That was amazing..." Dominic inspecting his handiwork in wonder before repeating the process over and over again.

Last edited:

Seven kyuun

Girl who wants a red scarf
    Years
  • Gilded Halls ★ IC
    Lapin Blanc || Puppeteer Extraordinaire
    WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ AM I DOING HERE?

Gilded Halls; school of gifted and where I definitely do not want to be. Lapin recalled the face of an ecstatic mother who had, a bit too happily, sent her only daughter away to a weird as school with no real reason why. I mean, if it was some kind of sport enrollment or whatever the heck they were called had sent her that letter than Lapin would of accepted it. Probably. Yet, it was Gilded Halls. What the ♥♥♥♥ is Gilded Halls? Some kind of snobby school I don't know about? Lapin raked her brain for answers as she struggled to pull her luggage across the concrete, glaring at those who approached to help her. The girl was alone and, like she always was when it came to formalities, she was not just late but dreadfully late. You might argue otherwise and say Lapin should be at least halfway there by now but, she's trying to carry some heavy bags on her own and weight does not agree with this lady.

"DAAAADDDD!!!" She yelled into her phone. A tiny rabbit hung off a phone strap and a bell jingled under the harsh movements of the holder. "I GIVE UP SO DRIVE ME THERE ALREADY. YOU KNOW I SUCK AT THIS." The sound of muffled laughter came from the other side as well as some words which seemed to mean 'exercise' or 'its good for you' and maybe even the odd 'Blancs' motto.' Lapin was highly tempted to crush the device by throwing it onto the ground and jumping on it right then and now but, she wouldn't and she shouldn't. It was currently the only link she had to home in a new and strange environment otherwise known as school. "FINE. I'LL GET THERE MYSELF." She pocketed the phone, huffed twice and, ignoring the looks of those passing by, she slowly but gradually continued on with the heavy bag in both of her weak hands. She got to the school within the next three hours with a smug look on her face and collapsed onto the ground, utterly exhausted. ...That is how it totally should of turned out but Lapin's father appeared next to his daughter just five minutes later with his own smug look on his face.

"Get in." Mr Blanc gestured to the back seat and, quicker than Lapin could say ♥♥♥♥, he sped away with no regards to speed limit and the amount of people watching him.

---​

Lapin arrived at Gilded Halls in an even more messed up state then she when she left her home. Her hair was messed, her shirt was wrinkled and her ... Details bore Lapin. She doesn't want to bore you too. Completely ignoring the cheerful smiles of the gate guard, or was it guard of the gate? Guard's gate? Meh. Lapin tiredly walked into the building, her footsteps echoing on top of the very expensive looking floor and crashed right into a professional looking woman; the complete opposite of what a Blanc was.

"What do you want?" Her response to Lapin's remark wasn't surprising and the girl simply ignored the nurse, actually holding back a chuckle at the oldie's face. Swiftly grabbing the bag labelled with her name, Lapin made her way to the dorms, clearly not knowing where she was going as she was heading towards Classrooms.

"Wrong direction, White Rabbit!" The voice of Ms Fallcrest echoed down the halls, reaching the ears of Lapin. Angry, she clicked her tongue and continued on.

Tch, the next person who calls me White Rabbit will have a knife at their neck.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gilded Halls ★ IC

Hilda & Kevin

Back in Room 3, Hilda closed the door behind them with a sigh.

"That was nice," she said to the floor, not entirely convincing herself. "Food appearing out of the blue in a garden, people going for a swim all of a sudden..." She looked up at Kevin and couldn't help letting out a giggle. "This is such a weird place already."

"You can say that again" Kevin replied as he smiled at Hilda before walking over to his bed and throwing his now destroyed phone down on top of it. Another phone wrecked! he thought to himself before sitting down on the edge of the bed and continuing the conversation.

"So what do you make of that then? The strange abilities I mean, the fact that both of us have ones. Do you … you know, think that the other students have ones as well?"

"Probably," Hilda shrugged and sat down onto her own bed. "I mean, what are the odds that they make the two of us come here from different countries if they don't know that we both have powers? I'll bet you that the rest of our new 'class' can do something weird too."

She didn't really ponder how this could even be possible. 'Powers' was something from superhero movies or magic tales, not something that was actually real and happening. But Hilda had accepted the fact that she could do strange things herself, and she was rather relieved with the possibility of there being a lot more people here like her and Kevin. In fact, it made it even easier to accept if that was the case.

"Yeah you're probably right. I wonder what the school wants with us though, like why bring us here?" Kevin paused for a few seconds before continuing "Anyway I guess we'll find out in due time, at least I hope."

Kevin reached to his side and picked up the phone. He slowly rotated it around in his hands while he pondered his power. As far back as he can remember he's had this power inside him. He didn't have an accident or any sort of procedure in order to procure this ability, it just came naturally, which of course made it all the more strange.

He didn't know much about his power other than he didn't have a great deal of control over it. Sure he can create sparks in his hand at will but that isn't much in itself. The main problem was controlling it when his emotions ran high, perfectly demonstrated in the garden earlier when he broke his phone as well as ruined a good pair of trousers due to the raise in tension between Hilda and Kevin. He had to learn how to control his emotions … but how was he going to do that?

Hilda watched her roommate's brooding. He looked thoughtful, as if he was thinking much deeper on this mystery than Hilda was.

"Hey," she said. "Can't you try to fix it? With your power. You seem to... create electricity or something like that, right? Can't you try to control it and sort of mend whatever you fried inside your phone?" She meant to suggest it as a way to cheer him up.

Kevin's concentration was broke when Hilda spoke. He looked across at her as she spoke and he stopped fiddling with the phone.

"Fix it? I've tried before but I've never manage to fix it, or anything for that matter. I usually just make it worse. You see things like this wouldn't happen if I learned to control my ability properly. The garden … the reason the phone broke is because of the little dispute we had. The tension between us got worse and I got nervous resulting in well … you seen for yourself."

"I'm sorry," Hilda said hastily. "Maybe we could... train? Try to slowly get better in our powers. Together?" Then she frowned. "Maybe that's why they brought us here, even. To teach us to control better whatever we can do. I do wonder why."

She had been fiddling with one of the pillows in her bed and now stopped to look at both of them. Without a word, she held up the two pillows, blue and purple in color, and fused them together rather quickly. The result was one long pillow featuring some weird unorganized blue and purple pattern. Oh well, she hadn't been concentrating much. At least she got the long double-pillow she had been aiming for.

"I can control my... ability. Somewhat. I just can't do much. Yet. But we'll see, maybe we'll both get better?"

"Train together? Yeah we could do that. Although I don't think I'll be able to help you much in fusing things together." Kevin said cracking a smile in the process. He tossed his phone aside onto the bed and readjusted himself before speaking to Hilda once more. "How do you do it? Have control of your ability I mean. I just get really nervous around people because of the fact that I can't control my power yet. Any hick up at all and the result will be what you saw in the garden. If I had control over it, I could hang around other people. Not that there's anything wrong with hanging out with you it's just … I mean you … "

Kevin stopped himself before taking a deep breath and continuing, "Sorry. I just get nervous at times. Do you know what I mean though?"

"I think so," Hilda smiled. "But maybe your nervousness and wild power comes from the fact that you're not letting yourself use it? Your electric power, I mean. I didn't hide this fusion thing for long. I played around with it and tried to cook up a lot of different stuff. Some things were too hard to do, but I don't think I ever really fused something by accident. Except that very first time." She smiled at the memory of how shocked she had been, before meeting Kevin's gaze again and walking over to sit on his bed beside him without asking for permission.

"My point is - maybe you should let yourself go, let your power run freely sometimes. Because if you don't even really use your power, how can you hope to control it?" She raised her eyebrows at him and put a firm hand on top of his, as if to show that she wasn't afraid of him or of what he could do.

Kevin froze up when Hilda placed her hand atop of his. At this point his heart was racing, he had never experienced this kind of forwardness from someone outside his family circle before. He swallowed a lump in his throat before he turned his head to face Hilda.

"I suppose you're right. I never really do let my powers run free. I usually try and keep them bottled up. Sure I trained before I came here but I didn't really know what I was doing, you know? Maybe you're the help I need to finally control this." Kevin said in a low tone considering that Hilda was sitting right next to him.

Hilda laughed. "I don't know about that, I can try to make you let yourself go at least! In return, maybe you can help me figure out new stuff to try and fuse!"

They were interrupted by a bell sounding from somewhere. Hilda literally jumped up to stand. "What time is it? Is it two o'clock? Weren't we supposed to have a lecture now or something like that?"

Kevin raised himself slowly off the bed and starting rummaging around in the welcome pack that the students got. Hepulled out a small timetable which listed a class known as 'Elements 101' to start at two o clock.

"Yeah says here there's a class starting at two. Classroom 1A by the looks of it" Kevin said as he looked over at Hilda. He quickly stuffed the timetable back into the welcome bag and looked over at Hilda once more. "Should we head on then?"

"Yeah, let's go! Oh... maybe you want to change your trousers first?" Hilda said with a meaningful nod towards his legs. Then she seemed to realize what she was suggesting and waved her hand in front of her. "I can look away, or actually I'll wait outside if you want, haha. But if we're going to live together, you might have to get used to me walking around in my underwear at some point anyways," she added hastily before grabbing the canvas bag she had prepared with pencil and paper for the class, and left Kevin in Room 3.

Out in the corridor, she leaned against the wall and let out a breath. Somehow she had just wanted to avoid potential awkwardness for now. They'd deal with that when they had to. But not now.

Kevin sat back down on the bed once Hilda had left the room. He placed his hands on top of his head, closed his eyes and let out a deep exhale. Never in his life did he have to experience what he experienced today. He almost jumped when she put her hand on his. He had only just met her and already he was starting to fall for her. He opened his eyes and exhaled once more before he jumped up from the bed and threw on a new pair of jeans he had stashed away in his drawers. He rolled up the now damaged ones and threw them on the ground at the bottom of his bed. He picked up his bag which contained some basic school supplies and threw it over his shoulder.

Kevin walked slowly to the door and stopped right in front of it. He took a deep breath and opened the door and seen Hilda leaning against the wall. He closed the door behind him and walked over to Hilda, who grabbed her bag harder and swallowed.

"Let's go to school!" she said.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • the airbender; elias cox;; ii
    Gilded Halls ★ IC

Elias wakes to the sound of obnoxious voices in the hallway outside his room. He rose, stretching his arms. He became lightheaded and took a moment to shake it off before approaching the door, finding that students were filing to Classroom 1A for the first lesson of the day. Jesus, I have no idea what time it even is. Elias shakes his wrist and checks his watch for the time. It reads 2:15. He cross-examines his schedule once more, finding that he is only fifteen minutes behind, Elements 101 only having just started at 2PM. He stretches once more and grabs his coat off the bed. He only just then notices the other bed in the room is still empty. I guess my room mate never arrived...? He shrugs and exits the dorm.

The stragglers, despite apparently being the most rambunctious of the students at the school, were probably late on purpose. That was an excuse Elias could use; "I swear I meant to be on time, sleeping was just far more important to me." No, that certainly wouldn't fly, would it? He didn't care all that much. He didn't know exactly why he was here... to learn to control his power? He had plenty of control. There wasn't much to learn, surely! But that was to be seen because evidently it wasn't up to him, considering he was already here and he should ride it out to the end. Or at least further than he was now, given he hasn't even started.

In the classroom, some overzealous students have gathered in front of the board to read off what's been scribed. Elias pushes his way to the front of the crowd and read from the board. "We are part of nature, nature is part of us. Within each and every person is the ability to control nature, to a limited degree. Choose your beaker wisely. Not every road leads to success." How ominous. Elias shrugs and moves toward the beakers. Someone has already removed the beaker of sand and taken four or five of the matches available. Thankfully, the water and leaf remain. Elias eyes the beakers carefully, considering his options. Not every road leads to success, huh? Feels like a common sense dilemma. They know why each of us are here so we're expected to choose what we're obviously most proficient at... but that's the trick. So maybe...

Elias smirks and motions for the beaker of water. His fingertips hover over the mouth of the beaker, moving in swirling patterns. The water starts to gently churn, until it turns to more tumultuous waves and the water rises over the edge of the beaker but refuses to splash a single drop outside. A student or two have their interest piqued, but not long after, Elias loses focus and the beaker starts to tip over. He rushes forward with his other hand to catch it before a calamity occurs, and sets it back on the counter. He looks toward the teacher, and she subtly shakes her head. Elias rolls his eyes and turns toward the beaker with a leaf.

Messing around with objects not made of air is really not my forte...

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • William Bhransht: In transit... dull... boring, transit. With a hint of splash

It was stupid, it was dumb, it was pointless, it was... dumb and without a point. Will had been at Gilded Halls for less than two hours, and he was already pondering his time there. He had almost two decades of life to work with, but his rumination touched only on all the nothing he'd done so far at his new school. So I got invited to a school for special students for whatever reason... The first thing that seemed to happen when everybody got to the school was a giant pool party before even the first class began... I impressed one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen enough for her to come up and talk to me, although I'm sure that feeling didn't last long... And that very same girl is my roommate... and there's a ghost that leaves up toilet seats for some reason, or some roomkeeper screwed up, but let's not rule out the ghost.

"Yes, William was it? What did you need dear?" Ms. Fallcrest's voice pulled Liam from his reverie and he looked around in surprise, he had actually walked all the way to the entrance hall during his wondering.

He lightly thumped the back of his head and made a goofy face. "Sorry ma'am, I seem to have gotten lost in my own thoughts and ended up exactly where I wanted to be." All of a sudden the focus drained out of his face and he looked up. "Is that deep and philosophical or is it just silly? Whatever, I came to tell you I'm gonna need a room change. Whoever's in charge of scheduling seems to have put me with a girl, I know that must seem like a dream come true for a teenaged boy, but it's gotta be a lot less pleasant for the other side and I don't want to put her through that."

Ms. Fallcrest smiled the same relaxed, motherly smile that seemed to accompany her so often at Will while she shook her head ever-so-slightly. "There was no mistake dear, Gilded Halls has co-ed dorms and you have indeed been been paired with miss Ginevra."

"Oh." Will would have been more surprised if Ginny hadn't been confident there was no mistake back in the room. So her full first name is Ginevra huh? Never heard that one before, interesting. "Well I guess I was worried for nothing, sorry to bother you." He got ready to leave but paused at the tone echoing through the school, seemed it was time for class if the bell was any indicator. Will dug into his pocket and pulled out the schedule. Elements 101 huh? What's that, science?

While the young man continued to be lost in his thoughts (she was beginning to wonder if his mind was some sort of ridiculous maze he couldn't even navigate himself through) Ms. Fallcrest decided to get him going before he sat there thinking all day. "I'll tell you how you can make it up to me for interrupting my so-very-pressing business William. Why don't you hustle on down to class and be one of the first students there?"

Once again pulled out of his thoughts, Will stared at her for a moment before blinking and refocusing. "Right, you don't have to patronize me, but thank you for keeping me from getting too distracted ma'am." He answered with an earnest smile. "I'll just be on my way then." And he strolled off.

As he walked through the halls Liam's face was tickled by a stray bit of hair and he tried to blow it out of the way, only for it to fall back into place every time, reminding him of a quail from an old cartoon he once saw. Ugh, I really should have taken a shower myself instead of going right to sleep, now I'm gonna have to walk around with my hair even curlier than normal and looking like a doof. He didn't have time to regret looking like he hadn't bothered to properly clean the chlorine out of his hair, it only took him a minute to reach Classroom 1-A. He pulled the door open and looked at the room slightly nervously, but there was no point in trepidation, here were only two other people in the room. He didn't even see a teacher, just some writing up on the board behind some sets of beakers.

We are part of nature, nature is part of us. Within each and every person is the ability to control nature, to a limited degree.

Don't tell me this is magic or something...

The other guys in the room already seemed to be messing with their own beakers, and Will was too curious to worry about them anyways. He grabbed one of the beakers partially filled with water and made his way to a seat in the front away from the other two, so he could concentrate better. Water, I've always liked water, swimming in it, drinking it... bathing with it... no idea why I'm still thinking about this, anyway this should be a good place to start. He sat there staring at the water, and after a few minutes nothing had happened. Guess I better concentrate harder He stared at the water and thought... really hard... and it actually started to move!

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Ross Wilson – Ele-mental

"So, right, um... What was I talking abo- oh, right. Well, maybe I could invite ya over sometime, I have a nice big flat-screen and a bunch of Nintendo systems all hooked up plus xbox 360 and bone, and good god all of the games..." A few questions came to Ross' mind when Otenise finished her list. How the hell did she bring all of that here? And had she already set it up? But instead of asking all of those questions and possibly putting Otenise off, Ross slowly nodded. He wouldn't want to ruin his first, possible friendship at this school, after all. "We could play any version of Smash, if you're any good at that."

"Yeah, that sounds awesome. Although, I'd be careful if I were you. I play a pretty mean Sheik." Unfortunately, Ross' cockiness was shot down the second she mentioned tournaments. Otenise had managed to make it to the semi-finals of a tournament, while the best Ross was ever able to do was beat a few friends. Heck, he even lost to his sisters occasionally. "Well, so long as I know ahead of time. I'm sure my roommate won't mind." The girl had stopped playing on her 3DS and had put it into her jacket. "What about you? Who is Ross anyway?"

"Who is Ross?" He repeated to himself, unsure of how he should go about answering. Should he just give her the same treatment as his roommate? Should he say more? Less? By the time Ross' lips started talking, he hadn't exactly figured out what to say. "Well... Ross is just a Canadian guy. Nothing much too him, really. He hasn't done anything spectacular, but he is pretty damn spectacular." Ross laughed. However, before he was able to continue, Ross was interrupted by the all too familiar blaring of a bell. "Welp... I guess its class time." He stated, pushing himself back onto his feet. Ross pulled out a heavily folded map from his pocket and began to study it. "We're here. And the classroom is there. Alright, this shouldn't be too hard to find."
    ------------------------
    When they were closing in on the classroom, Ross noticed that Otenise had fallen completely silent. "O?" He asked, turning his head to face her. However, she was nowhere in sight. Ross briefly looked around for her, before sighing and continuing on his way. "You could've said something..." His footsteps echoed down the lonely hall, only stopping when he came to his destination. Classroom 1-A. He slowly stepped through the open door, expecting to see a teacher teaching. But there only appeared to be other students. Ross knew one of the people in the classroom, his giant roommate. Dom was standing near the front of the class doing something? Ross couldn't really get a good look at his roommate. The other two were practically strangers. And they also seemed to be doing something weird. Scratching his head, Ross moved towards the back of the class, where he noticed the strangest announcement on the whiteboard.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He mumbled to himself, confused by what had been written on the whiteboard. Ross stared at the cryptic message for a long time, trying to figure out what the (non-existent) teacher wanted the class to do. He looked at the rest of the room and noticed a lot of weird science-y posters plastered on the walls. Oh... Maybe the class was a chemistry class? After all, the name was Elements 101. It'd probably be about the base elements of the world. Stuff like Gold and Argon. And the whole controlling nature deal probably had something to do with how humanity was able to bend the world to it's whim through science and technology.

Out of the corner of his eye, Ross noticed a few of the many beakers scattered around the room. And as he closely examined it, his idea of this being a chemistry lesson became much more unlikely. One of the beakers held sand, while another held water. One held a box of matches and the other held a leaf? Why would you put a leaf and box of matches in a beaker? He looked up at the board again. Choose your beaker wisely. Not every road leads to success. The announcement wanted him to choose one of these wisely. But why?

Ross briefly looked at Dom again, still unsure what he was doing. His roommate seemed to be focusing intently at whatever was in his hands, but Ross still had no idea what it was. And he couldn't be bothered moving closer or asking the giant. Instead, Ross decided to "Choose a beaker wisely." He immediately went for the one that would be able to provide him with the most entertainment. The Matchbox. He quickly opens it, pulling out a single match.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • x
    "World 2, Level 1... Or something like that."
    CHAPTER I
    PART VII​
    裏表おてにせ
    (Otenise Uraomote)

Pool > Halls > Girl's Restroom > Class 1A
    Gilded Halls ★ IC - Gilded Halls ★ IC - Gilded Halls ★ IC

Form: "O"​

Gilded Halls ★ IC
    [▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮]

"Who is Ross? Well... Ross is just a Canadian guy. Nothing much too him, really. He hasn't done anything spectacular, but he is pretty damn spectacular." Ross laughed, seemingly very happy with his sense of humor, though before he could continue a bell rung, and Otenise paled slightly. "Welp... I guess its class time." Yup... Knew it. Dammit. Ross pulled out a school map, checking it thoroughly before speaking. "We're here. And the classroom is there. Alright, this shouldn't be too hard to find." Otenise nodded quietly, standing upright and following Ross about four steps behind, holding her arms behind her back, though a certain feeling of anxiety was creeping up quickly...

> Halls

As Ross led the way toward the classroom, Otenise followed rather closely, her gaze starting to dart more quickly as uneasiness sent a shiver down her spine. She had grown quiet as they walked, and she soon realized she wasn't going to last much longer. Her darting stare finally caught something she was looking for: a restroom. She rather silently branched off from Ross, at this point rushing. She barely made it through the door, hiding behind it as it closed, hearing "O?" faintly in the hall. She couldn't take it any longer, relaxing her mind with a huge exhale.

> Girl's Restroom

Otenise splashed some water over her face, looking up at herself in the mirror. "That was really close," she sighed under her breath. Fortunately for her no one else was in the restroom, and she had a moment to herself. "Didn't get much warning this time though... I've gotta be careful..." She paused, easing herself with more cold water before standing upright and gazing into the mirror. "Ugh, I'm a mess... How am I supposed to meet good guys looking like this?" She shook her head and walked back toward the door. "Hope I can actually keep composed for long enough..." Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and headed to class.

> Class 1A

Walking into the room, her eyes scanned it horizontally, catching sight of Ross and immediately moving over to sit in the seat next to him. "Don't mind, do ya?" She asked, knowing full well she'd probably stay whether he wanted her there or not. "So what are..." She trailed off as she read the board. "Oh... That. Whatever that means." She looked at the beakers - Ross' choice included - and thought quietly about her choice. Controlling it? Hmm... She glanced at Ross' beaker again. Sure, you could control fire, to an extent, but fire almost always slips out of you grasp... A leaf... Earth? But then what is the sand meant to be?

Feeling slightly uneasy when she began to stress about it, she let out a deep breath before looking at the three remaining beakers again. Earth, just... Didn't cut it for her. What she began to focus on was the water beaker. Picking it up, she watched it carefully.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Clay

Why won't it work? Clay wondered, poking at his jar of water with curiosity with a finger of contempt. The instructions on the board seemed to suggest they could do something, but the water didn't react to any gesture of thought - no matter how dramatic or over-emphasised he made them. The water, probably plain tap water, just sat as it should, slight ripples of disturbance dancing across the surface as the teenager impatiently tapped.

He tried every variation of a Harry Potter pose he could. Arms stretched out; hands on the jar; intense staring - none of his ideas seemed to promote a response.

Not every road leads to success.

Sweeping to the front of the room, Clay examined the other jars. He ignored the leaf, leaving himself the jar of earth or matches to pick from. If fiction had taught him anything, power comes from the heart. Clay had never been an aggressive person, not particularly passionate - he picked up the jar of dirt and headed back to a desk at the side of the room.

Earth is solid he told himself, and the awaiting jar, Earth is strong, his spider-like hands wrapped around the glass container. Earth is dense, heavy, rich, everywhere, none of his mantras seemed to have an effect, a wave of disappointment crushed Clay as he looked for the slightest change in the soil.

A final thought made Clay concentrate once more, Earth is unwavering, he pictured the times he had stood strong, stood up for himself and stood up for adversity. He imagined himself being immovable, a constant, indestructible - just like his sample of dirt. With one more glance the contents of the jar contracted. The earth compressed itself, slowly squishing itself down in to a thin, solid layer.

The feeling of amazement did not last long. No sooner had Clay removed his hands to admire his skill than a grey flash darted across his desk, sending the beaker flying. The cat didn't seem particularly phased by the crash and the animal definitely felt no guilt. A gold, keyshaped crest hung from the cat's teal collar.

"Simon?" Clay called, holding out a hand. The cat, seemingly startled by a human knowing his name, darted back out the room. Clay stood from his chair, surrounded by glass shards, still processing what had happened.

OOC; Anyone want to interact?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Ginevra May Morrigan
    Explosive Ideas

The shower had helped calm Ginevra's nerves at the shock of having a male roommate. The more she had thought about it, the more the toilet looked unused. It must have been up from cleaning it. I guess I'll need to apologize... Getting the chlorine and everything off of her and out of her hair especially was refreshing. Her reflection lazily gazed back at her as she dried the shining red locks, her mind off in another place.

School was already proving interesting and she hadn't even been to the first class yet. Things went rather peculiarly here, seeing how the first class was in the middle of the afternoon instead of the morning. She figured it had something to do with the special school and also being British.

After getting dressed, Ginny looked over herself in the floor length mirror in the luxurious room that she shared with William. She had decided to change into a pair of jeans and a purple tank top -- he preferred attire most of the time. When it was warm, she wanted only to wear tank tops and flip flops.

It was still quite nice outside as she strolled along the path, a slight breeze had started to pick up and left her with a smile on her face. The academic building was close and she entered it, immediately spotting her eyes on an open classroom, which just seemed like the right place to go. As she entered, she gazed around the room and noticed some interesting activities. Elements 101? Is this what they call chemistry?

A cat then suddenly rushed out of the room and a guy stood up, looking shocked. Ginny slowly walked over to the front of the class and tilted her head a bit, grabbing the beaker of water and then the one with matches. Might as well try them both. She then glanced around once again and sat near the standing boy. She turned to him and grinned, "Might as well dive head first, right?"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gilded Halls ★ IC

Hilda Gard, The Alchemist

She entered the classroom together with Kevin, but seeing the people already there being so concentrated on the lesson, she didn't dare to chit-chat immediately. Instead, she shot her roommate a quick smile before wandering off to the tables without him. Even if it did turn out that they were allowed to chatter during class, she would probably benefit from getting to know some more people than just the guy she would be living with. She wasn't a social wreck, but she wasn't really a butterfly either. Then again, here at Gilded Halls she had an unique chance to redefine herself if she wanted to.

Deciding to play it cool for now, Hilda kept quiet as she drew closer and read the instructions on the board.

"Skoj," she couldn't help but muttering in Swedish.

Before she could turn to start inspecting the jars on the central table, she jumped from the noise of glass shattering. A boy stood up, staring at the mess on the floor as if he was still trying to process what had just happened. Hilda was just about to reach out and ask him if he was okay, when another girl plumped down beside him. Vaguely, Hilda thought she recognized the fiery girl from lunchtime. Hadn't she been one of the people going for a swim?

Still not feeling like making herself look bold or loud or really stick out in any way, Hilda pulled back again and walked over to the lined up beakers. Water, a leaf, some sand from the looks of it and lastly a box of matches. Elements 101? She glanced over at the teacher standing silent in a corner. They didn't seem to receive any further instructions yet.

Without much difficult thought, Hilda picked a beaker with sand in it. It was simple, really. Water annoyed her. Air couldn't really be alchemized, at least she had no idea how. And she wasn't really the kind of girl to play with fire. But earth? Earth was solid. Solid stuff, she could use her power on. She assumed that the sand stood for earth, in the classic earth, wind, fire and water. The leaf probably blew in the wind more so than some sand, after all.

There had been no words on powers in the instructions though. She still couldn't be sure of if everyone else had some strange thing they could do, like she and Kevin had.

So she silently sat down at another table and turned and tilted the jar in her hands, watching the sand run from one end to the other. It wasn't particularly exciting. Nobody else seemed to really know what to do either... Wait, there were actually some students wearing eager smiles on their faces, as if they had discovered something in their jars. Hilda looked more closely. Her eyesight was near perfect; she could distinguish each little grain and see light stream through the top layers of the substance.

But she couldn't figure out what to do. Annoyance began to get to her, when she put the jar back down onto the table with a minor slam and sighed as her eyes fell on a piece of broken glass still laying on the floor under the main table. She furrowed her brows.

Wasn't glass made up of sand? She wasn't a scientist, but she had heard somewhere that you melted sand to make glass. She picked up the jar again and held it in both hands as she peered down, the sand mere centimeters from her face. Melting things together. That was what she did.

As her firm hands held the beaker and her intense gaze graced one individual grain after one another, something was suddenly starting to look different. The grains melded with each other. At first, it was easy. Sand consisted of tiny, tiny rocks and despite being made up of numerous minerals, rocks weren't that advanced a substance in Hilda's book. Alchemizing two grains of sand went nearly without her feeling her action taking place. But at the point where all the grains in the beaker had found a partner to meld with, Hilda felt a sudden leap in the effort she had to make.

It still wasn't too much for her, and she worked out what was happening. She had never been able to re-alchemize a product she had previously made. But now the doubled grains were doubling again. They were still so very tiny that it was possible with the level of focus she currently had. A smile spread over her face as she could both see and sense inwards with her power the contents of the beaker transforming.

Very soon, there was another surge through her arms and she had to gasp. The quadrupled grains must have been starting to merge with each other by now. She suddenly noticed that her breath had quickened - how could it be so tolling to melt sand? But she was still smiling, yet more weakly, as she felt more surges, more jumps in the effort she had to make...

Until finally, she swayed and realized that she might pass out. The jar fell down onto the table with a loud noise but didn't break. Hilda managed to catch herself and lean on the table, panting and even sweating. Afraid that others would have seen this and think she was weird, she quickly looked up though. But the first thing she saw, was her beaker.

"... Skoj," she said again in Swedish.

She hadn't melted the sand into glass. Instead, she had created one solid rock in the shape of a near perfect orb, which was now rolling against the sides of the beaker's glass walls.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Ross Wilson – The Never-Ending Wait

Ross had nothing to do but stare at the match. It wasn't even lit yet, but it seemed to be the most interesting thing in the room. He could've tried interacting with the other students around him for entertainment or an explanation, but he thought they all looked too busy with their own beakers to even notice him. So he didn't bother. Instead, he waited. Waited for a teacher to burst into the room and begin the lesson. Waited for someone to explain the stupid message on the board. Waited for anything. When 'anything' didn't seem like it'd be showing up, Ross began to get bored. So what does a bored boy do with a box of lighters? Responsibly hand them to an adult? He lights them. But before he was able to start anything incendiary, Ross noticed a familiar voice sitting next to him. "Don't mind, do ya?" Otenise asked, sitting down before he could ever hold an objection. Not that he was going to.

"Nope. You'd be surprised how... focused the rest of the class is. So it'll be nice to have some company again." Ross smiled, hoping that everyone else was too distracted to hear that. He was still slightly bothered by Otenise's sudden disappearance, but she probably just went and combed her hair... or something like that. So he didn't bother asking. "So what are... Oh... That. Whatever that means." Ross could tell that Otenise had discovered the cryptic message on the white-board. At least he wasn't the only one having trouble figuring out what the stupid message meant. It would've been nice to see a teacher standing up in front explaining the whole thing, but no.

Eventually, Ross became fed up with waiting. If something interesting didn't happen in the next 5 seconds, he felt like he'd go insane. 'That's it. I'm lighting one.' He thought to himself, the pain of waiting having become too great (even though it had only been a couple of minutes). Carefully, he lit the match. And with nothing else to do, he held the match in front of his face and stared at it. Unfortunately, watching the lit match was only slightly more interesting than watching an unlit one. He briefly turned to O, only to notice that she had also become focused on one of the beakers.

"Do you know what we're supposed to be doing? 'Cause I sure don't." Ross asked aloud, staring back into the boring flames. After a while more of waiting, Ross noticed something about the match. It seemed to be burning slightly brighter... and faster. He looked at the small cardboard box he pulled it out of to see if it was some kind of special match. But surely enough, it was just a generically labelled packet of matches (Although, it did have very fancy writing on it). When he looked back at the still-burning match, the flames had calmed down. Or maybe it had never intensified and Ross's mind was just playing tricks on him. Deciding it to be the latter, Ross continued to blankly stare at the match.
    As boredom caught back up with him, Ross began to imagine the flame becoming much bigger. He imagined it flaring up into a massive pillar of incendiary destruction, aimed only at the stupid whiteboard. Finally, the world (aka Ross) would be freed of the whiteboard's taunting. Back in the real world, Ross' match had begun to burn at a much faster rate. And he didn't notice. Ross was too caught up in his daydream to do so. This meant that his fingers would be burnt in a matter of seconds.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Ashley and Rachel - And special guest star William D. Bawss!
    Ze plot, she thickens, and so does some water cuz...physics jokes yay

After the swim in the pool and light snack from the refreshments provided, Ashley and Rachel returned to their dorm in order to change and get ready for the day of class ahead. Rachel had been relatively quiet since she came out of the water. The minor freak-out she had endured still sat heavily on her mind, and while she had managed to get over the fear of the idea of someone knowing about her powers... The red-haired girl was still quite embarrassed about how the whole thing had played out.

Rachel glanced over at Ashley, feeling a sense of guilt about the entire thing. Her raven-haired friend had been trying so hard for the girl to finally get out there and make new friends. Instead, all she probably succeeded in doing was making herself look like a complete and total weirdo.

"S-So... Did you meet anyone new?" Rachel asked, finally deciding to break her silence. "Anyone that might a good, potential new friend?"

Ashley looked up, her head mostly covered with a pink towel as she was currently completely drying off her hair, despite having already put on her clothes again. She smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah! I dunno if you saw, but I was talking to a red-haired girl who seemed pretty cool. Her name's Ginny, and she actually said she'd like to meet with you at some point. What about you? I saw you talking to the boy sitting with his feet in the water~" she commented, grinning playfully at her friend.

Rachel felt her cheeks heat up as Ashley spoke. "Y-Yeah, just for a bit though... I don't think it really went all that well... I-I mean, he seems nice and stuff, but... I think I was bit more bland than what he was expecting..." The red-haired girl fibbed. In truth, she really did not want to upset Ashley by telling her the reason it went sour so fast was because of her own worrying. "M-Maybe I can try again another time, though."

"Rachel, sweetie..." Ashley giggled as she moved the towel down around her shoulders and stepped over to her friend with a smile. "No matter what you might've accidentally said to put him off, he'll forget about it. Know why?" She added with an even more sly smile.

"Um..." Rachel replied, giving the raven-haired girl a curious glance. Suddenly, her eyes lit up with worry. "Y-You're not gonna go give him an atomic-wedgie like that time Johnathan Miller s-stepped on my Pretty Pony, are you...?"

Ashley's expression quickly firmed up, her eyes narrowing a little. "Look, he was asking for it. It's not my fault he tattled on me afterwards. Crybaby." She puffed out her cheeks before shaking her head with a bright smile. "Anyway! No, I'm not. Because..." She nudged Rachel with her shoulder, grinning wryly. "He'll forget about any whoopsies you did because you talked to him while in your underwear." The black-haired girl winked at her friend. "You might as well learn it now. Boys'll forgive alot if you give them... something pleasant to look at. So next time you talk to him, he'll just see you as 'That cute girl from the pool', and you should have no trouble chatting to him." She finished, clapping her hands together in front of her with a smile.

Rachel gave her friend a weak smile. She was not exactly sure that being talked to nice simply because someone was in their underwear was actually a good thing. Still, she could tell that Ashely's heart was in the right place. Glancing up for a moment at the clock, she bit her lip and then looked back at Ashley.

"We should probably get going to class... It wouldn't be a good idea to be late on the first day," the red-haired girl said.

"Oh!" Ashley replied, turning to look up at the clock as well before tossing the towel onto her bed. "You're right! You know which classroom we're going to, Rach'?"

"Um... I think it was 1-A," Rachel replied. "I looked at our schedules for a bit while you were changing. It's supposed to be some class called Elements 101... I think it's a science class, actually... At least, that's what it sounds like from the name."

"Oh, right, yeah. I saw that room on our way through when we arrived earlier." The black-haired girl nodded with a smile, making sure her clothes were in order before opening the door for her friend. "Ladies first~"

The two girls proceeded out of their room, other students scurrying to get ready for class. As they exited the dorms building, the bell chimed, notifying the students it was indeed time for class. The girls arrived not too long after at the classroom, since it was just inside of the door where the path from the dorms building ended, and then a bit further.

Ashley glanced at the label next to the open door. "1-A. Yep, this is definitely here." She proceeded to enter, with Rachel following right behind. The stools and desks were spaced out nicely and placed so that anyone could move around with them, should they decide to work alone, or in a group. Only one other person was in here at the moment, namely, the enormous guy Ashley had noticed earlier. He was completely ripped and seemed way too tall to be around their age.

The black-haired girl tried not to stare and quickly noticed the whiteboard hanging at the back, on the wall. Ashley's brows furrowed a little as she read it out to herself. " '... Ability to control nature?' What a weird thing to write. And... we don't have a teacher?" She glanced back at Rachel with confusion in her eyes before shrugging and proceeding up to the front desk in order to take a look at the beakers placed out for the students, which were filled with various 'elements'.

"M-Maybe she just stepped out of the room for a moment?" Rachel suggested. She glanced at the various beakers, not really sure of what to make of it all. She had always heard that famous academies, colleges, and the sort had always had somewhat odd manners of teaching their students at times. However, Rachel had always assumed this just meant that they maybe went outside for lessons or maybe took more field trips than usual. The red-haired glanced over her shoulder at the rather... impressively fit boy in the room, her cheeks heating up a bit in the process. "M-Maybe he knows something about what's going on or where the teacher is?"

Ashley looked over her shoulder at the boy pointed out to her by Rachel after picking up one of the beakers with the leaf in it to study it a bit more closely. "Hmh... I guess it's worth a shot if anything." She smiled and nudged her friend. "Do you wanna go ask him?"

"M-Me...?" Rachel asked, her face heating up again at her friend's urging. "I m-mean... I dunno, m-maybe you should, you think? H-He looks like someone you'd b-be more interested in talking to..."

Giggling, the raven-haired girl gave her friend a grin, raising her brows. "Rachel, you're not gonna ask him out. Tell you what, I'll follow you over there and stand with you, as long as you promise to lead the word. You have to get comfortable talking to others at some point, right?" Her expression turned a bit more soft as she smiled at the red-head encouragingly.

"W-Well... I... Okay, if you're sure..." Rachel replied. She turned and looked at the tall boy, feeling a bit of unease once more as she slowly made her way over to the boy with Ashley in tow. The closer she got, the more she found herself looking down at the floor once more and feeling more and more hesitant in general. She was just about to voice up and finally ask the question to the boy, when the sound of another student entering caught the red-haired girl's attention. At first, he seemed to be almost as completely lost as she and Ashley were, but he seemed to get over it pretty quickly, taking hold of one of the beakers with water in it instead.

"H-He seems to know what he's doing. Maybe we should ask him instead," Rachel decided rather quickly. The red-haired for some reason found the boy with the beaker of water a bit easier to approach and without hesitating a moment longer, she quickly spun around on heel and made her way towards him instead, Ashley looking surprised for a moment before shrugging and simply following her friend. "Um, excuse me...? Have y-you seen the teacher of this class? Or d-do you maybe know what it is we're actually s-supposed to be doing?" she asked softly.

I can't believe it! It's moving! it's actually moving! Will was squealing like an excited kid in his own head, whatever he was doing, concentrating seemed to be doing... something. The water started to stir the least bit, and then-

"Um, excuse me?" Splash! The water in the beaker seemed to forget it's apprehension when Will's concentration was distracted and jumped out onto his head. He blinked a few times and continued to stare futilely at the beaker for a couple of seconds before hanging his head.

"Aw, almost had... something." It was only then it hit him that a voice was what had startled him, and he turned towards the sound to catch the end of the girl's sentence and get the gist of her question. The redhead seemed nervous, what with the stuttering and all, she must have seen the splash and he didn't want her to blame herself if she was sensitive. "Ah well, at least now I don't have to feel bad about not washing my hair again after the pool, would have been pointless anyways." He added with a light smile, before making sure to look her in the eye so she wouldn't think he was zoning out still. "Honestly? I've got no clue what we're supposed to do here, but those other two guys seemed to be trying... something. And the board mentioned controlling nature so from there I just grabbed a beaker like it said and just... well... kinda stared at it for a while.

The black-haired girl, having previously stood behind Rachel, now stepped forward, with a skeptical look on her face and her arms crossed over her chest, one hand sitll holding onto the beaker with the leaf in it. "You can't mean that they're actually expecting us to perform magic tricks, right? I mean, that's just ridiculous." She said this in a more questioning way, rather than accusing or angry.

Will shrugged while he tried to wipe some of the water out of his hair. "Beats me, I'll definitely admit it sounds ridiculous. But all we've been left are instructions and some beakers, and this school seems not to be the norm already what with the immediate pool party even before the first class." He looked at the raven-haired girl who'd made herself known, she looked a lot more confident than the other girl. "Oh, hey you were there too. Name's William, but most people call me Will, or Liam, nice to meet you." And he held out his hand with a welcoming smile on his face.

Smiling in return, the raven-haired girl was almost about to shake his hand when she glanced at Rachel and nudged her a little forwards, still smiling at the boy. "Hey Will. I'm Ashley and this is Rachel. She's a bit shy, but she just has to get to know people to get over it." She added with a wry little grin.

The red-haired girl stumbled forward a small step from Ashley's quick nudge. Rachel had time to shoot her raven-haired friend a quick, annoyed glance, before she nodded at Will, though she really did not do much to actually look the boy in the eyes. She began to fidget with the hem of her skirt a bit as she offered a small smile in his direction.

"Hi... It's nice to meet you too..." Rachel said in her usual hushed voice. The red-haired girl slowly took hold of Will's hand, offering it a small shake as Ashley had wanted her to. "So... Um... We're supposed to do something with what's in the beaker?" She turned to Ashley and gave the girl a curious glance. "Can y-you make it do anything...?"

Ashley blinked and glanced from Rachel, to the beaker in her hands, staring a little intently at it for a few moments before shaking her head with a chuckle. "Yeah, I didn't think so. No way, this can't be right. The teachers here can't be expecting us to, like, move this stuff with our minds."

Pausing for a moment in her tracks, the raven-haired girl glanced down at the boy sitting in front of them with his hair soaked, looking rather thoughtful before nudging Rachel a little closer to his desk as if asking her to take a seat, promptly moving around her to move another desk and table up to his, taking a seat across from the boy, the beaker placed in front of her. She gave Rachel a brief, serious glance, before looking back at Will. "... Unless... you have something you wanna tell us?"

As glad as he was that Rachel wasn't too nervous to shake his hand, Ashley's question perplexed him. "Can't think of any secrets I know of... this school is pretty weird, who knows what they want us to do? I mean, I guess it could be an elabora-" A weird bit of movement caught in the corner of Will's eye and he became very focused on something other than the girls for a moment. "Actually girls... that guy over there was just swirling water in his own beaker... and that giant guy was moving some sand around in his hand. If you add all that to how I just managed to splash that water on my face, then either there's something to all this, or this prank is so elaborate it might convince me they had to use something supernatural just to pull it off anyways.

Quirking a brow, Ashley looked over her shoulder at the other students now present in the class room before looking back at Will with a skeptical look on her face. "... Right. So you're saying that everyone here is psychic... because you splashed water in your face?" She then proceeded to look rather skeptically to Rachel besides her.

Rachel glanced back over at Ashley quickly. Even though she did not fully believe that Will's comment was true, the red-haired girl was not about to outright call him a liar about it or risk making him feel bad because of his thought. She returned her look towards Will, offering him a small, if still shy, looking smile.

"W-Well... That might be a possible answer," Rachel said quietly. "But, um... Maybe w-we should keep our options open f-for other reasons before going with this one."

Will wasn't sure why the girls were being so serious about the subject of the class when they had so little to go on. "Like I said I don't really know exactly what's going on. I just came in the classroom, there were vague instructions on the board, I read them, had no better ideas so I stared at the water for a bit. Then some pretty girls startled me and water splashed on my face, I'm not trying to say there's magic afoot. If I had it all figured out I wouldn't be dripping like an idiot the very first time I meet two new people."

He was kind of offended that Ashley had looked at him like he was trying to sell her something when they had asked him what was going on, but he didn't let it show on his face as he continued. "I don't really know what I think, too little information, I'm sorry I don't have a real answer for you. Ya think they'd at least leave a teacher around to explain things to us. Still, I'm sure we'll figure out what this class is about soon enough, even if it is a staff prank or something."

Ashley nodded, looking down at her own beaker with a look as if it was all the leaf's fault. "Yeah. It's kind of irresponsible when you think of it." However, she wasn't entirely convinced by her own sarcasm, as she turned her head and glanced over her shoulder at the other students bent over their beakers and concentrating on doing... something.

After a few moments of thinking, she glanced back down at her beaker and shrugged her shoulders with a smile sent towards Will. "Ah well, I don't have any better ideas. I guess we might as well give it a shot." She smiled to Rachel as well before looking down at the leaf laying at the bottom of the beaker, her eyes narrowing a little as she began concentrating.

Rachel glanced at Ashley, giving the raven-haired girl a small smile before she stood up and made her way towards the beakers to get one of her own. For some reason, she did not find much appeal in the ones with the matches or sand in them. And since Ashley had one of the beakers with a leaf in it, the red-haired girl did not see much of a point in getting the same kind. So, she decided on taking one of the glass containers with the water inside of it. Beaker in hand, Rachel made her way back to Will and Ashley, taking her seat beside her friend once more.

"Hmmm... I g-guess I'll just follow your lead..." Rachel decided.

Will was glad the skepticism seemed to have taken a backseat for the moment, he was just as confused by the class so far as them, and he really didn't want to look like some superstitious goof over it. There wasn't much else to do so he got back to... staring aimlessly at his beaker. For a little while his eyes continuously darted back over towards Ashley and Rachel until he shook his head in an attempt to fight off the scatterbrain. Knock it off, focus! Eventually he managed to concentrate completely on the beaker and the water in it actually started to - almost imperceptibly - stir ever-so-slightly.

It took Ashley several minutes, but eventually, she caved. Fed up with staring at the leaf in the beaker without anything happening (And without her expecting anything to happen), she planted her hands firmly on the table with a frustrated sigh. "Ghh, this can't be right! There has to be some kind of explanation to this. Maybe the teachers are trying to test how clever we are with a riddle or something...?" The black-haired girl folded her arms stubbornly across her chest and leaned back in her chair, staring into the air ahead of her, thinking about the words on the board while trying to crack whatever riddle this might be.

Rachel followed the lead of Ashley and Will, concentrating deeply on the water that sat in beaker on her desk. The red-haired girl really was not sure on just what they were actually supposed to do. She would never have actually admitted it out loud, but Rachel was finding it somewhat ridiculous that this teacher was expecting them to learn something from practically doing nothing. Still, while all these thoughts were running through her head, Rachel kept with her task of focusing solely on the water inside the beaker. A sudden shiver ran up the red-haired girl's back suddenly. She blinked, looking at the beaker with wide eyes as the small sound of something cracking filled the air around her... The water inside had frozen completely over.

A loud and sudden cracking jolted Will completely out of his concentration and he almost smacked his beaker to the floor, barely managing to catch it before it shattered on the ground. After he managed to set the beaker back on the desk without spilling anything he took a deep breath and turned towards the girls. "Sorry I spazzed out, I guess I was deeper in my own head than I thought staring at the water, what was -whoah..." The awed O of his mouth only held for a second before it narrowed and a smile crept it's way to light up his face. "Awesome, wow, you're certainly way better at this than I am Rachel! You're amazing." He couldn't take his eyes off of the beaker filled with ice, it was perfectly level, and there was even some frost on the edges of the beaker's top.

Ashley had a completely different reaction to the whole thing, however. Her eyes had widened as she heard the ice cracking and quickly whipped her head over to Rachel, worry quickly filling her. She briefly glanced at Will who seemed pretty amazed and not at all frightened about the whole thing, which she supposed was a good thing, for now. But Will knowing about Rachel came second.

She turned to her red-haired friend and placed a hand on each shoulder, with one of her arms resting behind her, trying to catch her gaze. "Rachel. Rachel, listen to me, it's okay. Nothing's going to happen. Take a deep breath, like we practiced, okay?" she pleaded.

Rachel's stare went from the beaker towards Will instead. The red-haired girl did not know what to think or do at this point. She had been expecting the boy to freak out. She had been expecting him to call her some sort of monster or freak before running off to warn everyone else about what he had just saw. The last thing Rachel had ever expected was for him to be impressed.

"Y-You... You think that was awesome...?" Rachel questioned, the look on her face showing pure disbelief in what she had just heard.

Will's smile grew wider when Rachel looked at him, he didn't expect her to be so shocked at a little praise. "Of course I do! It seems that this lesson is about manipulating elements, or something like it, and you totally did it! And you didn't just move the water, you froze it! And after you gals were so unsure of this whole thing, you must be really talented." He almost couldn't believe what he was seeing, someone had frozen water on their own. The amazing talent being in such a shy girl reminded him of a few shows he'd seen when he was younger, but didn't make it any less amazing.

It struck him that Ashley had mentioned practicing... sure that could just mean taking a deep breath any time she was startled since she seemed nervous, but it still made him wonder if she'd done this before. The last thing he wanted to do though was make her more uncomfortable, so he kept his mouth shut and in an enthusiastic grin.

Ashley, as mentioned, lifted her worried gaze from Rachel to glance over at Will, a look of curiosity, wariness and a slight hint of suspicion in her eyes. She was happy that Rachel hadn't freaked out and her powers had gotten even worse, but now this guy had seen them in action. She couldn't tell if he was genuinely just laid-back and cheerful or if he was doing something more... under-handed.

"... Listen, Will. I'm really happy that you weren't freaked out and you think this is really cool... but you have to promise us to never mention this to anyone, okay?" Ashley gave Rachel a little glance, smiling before letting go of her friend with a little pat on her shoulder, looking back to Will with a more relaxed but still slightly serious look on her face, although it was more of a... pleading tone she was using. "Please?"

That confirmed it, as well as it fit the bill this had nothing to do with the class, Rachel had frozen things before. His own visage took on a much more serious tone and he nodded. "Of course, not everyone reacts positively to special talents like this. There will always be those that fear or decry what is different, however impressive or useful it may be. You don't have to try to sway me with your pretty voice, I won't tell anyone if you two don't want me to. It's not my business to be spreading around."

Rachel sighed softly, a look of relief over taking her features. She had been terrified that Will was going to go running off and tell everyone just what he had seen. Images of the girl being forced back into hiding back home had raced through her mind, and honestly it was not something that the red-haired girl wanted to relive. She patted Ashley's hand gently, before glancing up at Will with a thankful expression.

"Thanks f-for keeping it a secret, Will," Rachel replied, her voice almost a whisper. "I a-appreciate it."

"Well of course, what kind of friend would I be if I went blabbing secrets, especially secrets that could hurt someone." He paused and realized he said friend, then shrugged, it's not like being someone's friend was any huge step after all. "That is if you'd like to be friends, it helps to have people to talk to at a new school right? And I like every chance for I get more, especially when they've got super powers." He added the last part quietly with a wink.

Ashley smirked a little, seeming a lot more relaxed now, nodding her head lightly as the smirk turned into a smile. "Thanks Will. You're a pretty nice guy." She looked to Rachel and offered her the same, warm smile, bumping her shoulder gently with her own. "See? I told you there'd be nice guys around here."

She then looked down at her beaker again, furrowing her brows. "I still don't know what I'm supposed to do with this thing. I mean, I don't have any super powers." She looked up at Will with a furrowed brow and a confused look. "Do... you?"

Will tapped his chin thoughtfully and looked around. "I have a few fairly unique talents, although none of them come anywhere close to a superpower. To be honest I'm not comfortable doing it, it makes me feel like some show off punk trying to impress a couple of pretty girls. But I saw what Rachel can do so it's fair that you two see my 'talent'." He dug around in his right pocket for a second and fished out a smooth black pebble.

"I can be pretty precise and accurate when I want to be, almost unnervingly so. I'd show you but it's getting more crowded here and I think throwing rocks in class would make a scene. I'd hate to do that to Rachel, and I don't exactly want to advertise it either."

Glancing curiously at the pebble in his hand, Ashley then picked her phone from her pocket, checked the time and tucked it back. "Class is almost over. We could head outside and you can show us before next class starts?" Ashley had to admit to herself that she was getting pretty curious about this place, and definitely about Will as well. Before all that though, she had to make sure Rachel was okay with it, and as such, she glanced to her red-haired friend with raised brows. "Rach'...?"

Rachel merely nodded her head in response. She seemed a bit hesitant about the whole thing at first. The very thought there could be someone out there with weird and unexplained powers like her was a concept that was more or less foreign to the girl. Rachel wondered if Will showing off his powers was a good idea or not, considering that they were in the middle of a school and all. At the same time though, she was curious to see what the boy could do.

"Let's just be careful... and find somewhere where it won't d-draw a lot of attention, okay?" Rachel asked, looking between Ashley and Will. "I d-don't want there to be a scene j-just because Will wanted to show us what he can do."

Will shrugged and slid the pebble back into his pocket. "It's not so flashy or impressive that I'd expect anyone to notice it outside, but it's not anything all that special to begin with, so if we did go it would probably feel anticlimactic and disappoint you gals anyways. But Ashley asked, so it's up to you." He couldn't help messing with the pebble now that he was thinking about it, he'd always liked smooth stones.

"We can just go to the gardening shed. And if we go now while class is still going, we should be alright, you know?" Ashley added in, sending Rachel a soft smile before looking back to Will and nodding firmly. "Alright Will, lead the way. Let's see what you can do!"

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years

• Kevin - Elements 101
    Burn Baby Burn!

Kevin watched as Hilda sat herself down at one of the tables and began to experiment with the beaker which contained the sand. He soon turned around and looked at the board.

"What!? Seriously what the hell does that even mean?" muttered Kevin as he looked down at the beakers on the desk. Four beakers, all with different materials inside. His eyes locked on the one that contained the water. He swallowed a lump in his throat and tried to shake the shivers that went down his back. He noticed that Hilda had taken the one with sand so it seemed a bit pointless to take the same one. After all, variety is the spice of life. He continued to mull over the options until he took the one with the matches. He picked up the beaker, turned around, and headed down to a desk by himself.

He plopped the beaker down on the desk and then sat down. He let out a deep breath and looked around. He wasn't really sure what was going on. The facial expressions on some students seemed to indicate some kind of result in what they were doing. He shook his head and looked down at the beaker which sat in front of him. A simple glass beaker with a box of matches inside. What in the world was he supposed to do with this? He reached down into the beaker and pulled out the box of matches. He quickly opened them up and dumped the contents onto the table. He picked up one of the matches and began to slowly rotate it around. He widened his eyes to see if he could pick up on anything which looked to be out of the ordinary. Nope … nothing. This was quite simply, a box of plain matches. He let out a frustrated sigh as he placed his hands on the side of his head.

Okay come on. What are we supposed to be doing here? thought Kevin as he continued to stare at the pile of matches along with the beaker located on his table. He began to scratch his head before he reached down and picked up one of the matches. Clearing his throat beforehand, he struck the match and set it alight. The flame danced on the end of the thin stick and proceeded to get closer and closer towards the tips of Kevin's fingers. Kevin quickly shook the match out before it had a chance to burn him. He placed the burnt match into the beaker and slowly reached down into the pile for a new one.

I wonder if I just let the match burn me what will happen. I mean ... maybe my electric powers will block it out or something? thought Kevin as he looked down at the matches. He struck a new match and just like before it began to slowly edge forward along the thin stick. Kevin closed his eyes and started to focus, he tried to block out everything. He only wanted to focus on not getting burned. The match continued to creep closer and closer towards his fingers until eventually it reached them. The tips of Kevin's fingers were now touching fire but Kevin however was not reacting. His eyes remained shut until he opened them up and had a brief moment of shock before he lost focus and the flame singed the tips of his fingers. He quickly let go of the match and it fell onto the table still alight. He used the sleeve of his hoodie to quickly put out the match before anyone noticed. He let out a small sigh and sat back in disappointment. Sure there was some progress, but what good was it if he had to stay focused constantly while he tried to experiment with fire? He touched the tips of his fingers together and winced at the pain which shot through his whole hand.

He decided to have another go at it so he leaned forwards and struck another match. He kept his eyes open this time and focused as hard as he could on the flame which was now slowly edging closer and closer to his fingers once more. His forehead started to frown as he continued to pay very close attention to the flame. It crept closer and closer until it eventually touched Kevin's fingertips again. He had almost lost focus when it touched his fingers but he managed to keep his composure. The flame had now engulfed the whole match and Kevin decided to switch the match from one hand to the other. He swapped it over to his left hand and to his surprise he didn't get burnt at all. A smile shot across his face as he looked into the flame and admired his handiwork. Eventually he blew out the match and placed the burnt out stick into the beaker. He clenched his left hand together and couldn't feel any pain at all. It was like the match wasn't even there.

He decided to light one more match to see if he truly did have an affinity for fire. Question is … would this work?​

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Ross Wilson – Case of the Missing Match

No one came to the aid of Ross' poor fingers, who were currently sitting on the verge of incineration. Ross would be getting a big boo-boo in a second and there was nothing he'd be able to do about it. No, the boy was lost in his day-dream of destroying the white-board. Any second now, the flames would touch his fingertips. He'd yelp out in pain, cry over the loss of his fingers, etc. 3... 2... 1... Strangely, Ross wasn't hurt at all when the flame touched his skin. In fact, he wasn't even alerted to it. The flame tried it's hardest to scorch the boy, but it just wasn't happening. Eventually, the flame completely devoured the stick and fizzled away.

After a few more seconds of day-dreaming, Ross noticed something strange. His hands were empty. This could only mean one thing. He had dropped the lit match and it was now somewhere in the classroom, preparing to burn it to a crisp. Immediately, he dropped onto the ground in search of the 'missing' match. "Crap... Oh crap..." He continuously muttered to himself as his eyes scanned the floors. There was absolutely no way he'd be able to find it fast enough to stop it from spreading. Maybe he could get Otenise to help him find it? Ross jumped onto his feet and turned to face Otenise... Or at least, where she used to be sitting. Somehow, she had disappeared again. Without saying a word... again. "She's gone... And everyone else is way too focused to help look for it... Welp, we're all screwed." He sighed to himself, waiting for the entire class to start burning to the ground instead of telling anyone about it. They probably wouldn't care anyway.

However, his state of inaction was quickly interrupted by an idea. 'Everyone is focused on the beakers... So if I use my ability, I'd be able to move around the classroom much faster, and no one will notice.' Of course, there was a large risk to what he was about to do. At any moment, someone could suddenly look up, and see someone disappear in front of their eyes. But, if he was going to stop the classroom from burning down, it'd be a risk he'd have to take. Once again, Ross dropped onto the floor. He pressed his hands against one of the shadows underneath a desk, and waited to sink into the ground. His body quickly disappeared, leaving only his shadow on the floor.

'Now... where to start.' He thought to himself whilst scanning the room from a different perspective. Ross hasn't used this ability much, so seeing the world like this was still a bit of a surprise. He quickly scurried underneath where he thought he had dropped the match. However, as he looked around, he was unable to see it. This must've meant that the match had rolled away. He continued to travel throughout the class, searching high and low for the missing flame. Ross' search reached an end on the ceiling. He had looked throughout the entire classroom for the match-stick, but it was nowhere to be found. 'I guess it burnt out.' He thought to himself, starting to make his way back onto the floor. Unfortunately for Ross, his time was up.

Ross felt a strong, pulling sensation wrench him out of his shadow. And, with nowhere to go but down, Ross fell onto one of the desks below.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back