• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to the community

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    Hi! I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I'm 21 and have been playing pokemon since the release of Yellow which was my first game. I have since played every game of the main game series almost religiously o-o anyway, I started competitive battling in gen 4 with the release of Soul Silver and Heart Gold. I haven't battled since the beginning of gen 5 however due to school and personal stuff...

But now I find myself with more free time. I've already played through X and Y once and am now going to start my new game of pokemon Y right now with the goal of starting up competitive battling again.

I hope that I get to battle and talk to a lot of you! You guys can catch me up to speed on how the battle scene is now in gen 6 xAx

Thanks for everyone that comes here to welcome me! I'll be posting my status of my pokemon Y game on my tumblr, bloglablog.tumblr.com (i cant post links yet xAx). I post a lot of anime and pokemon stuff there and its completely sfw! Well... PG-13 sometimes i guess...

Thanks again and see you all around!

Years
    Hey Saya! Weeelcome to PC. [:

I urge you to poke around the Battling & Team Building board when you've the chance, it's a great way to catch up on battling and get help with your teams among other things. I only got into IVs and the like recently with the sixth generation games - it's so much easier to breed and EV train now with breeding changes and super training. X and Y couldn't be more perfect. :3

And if you'd like to get the word out about your blog then you're welcome to include it in your signature. Just a little suggestion!

Enjoy your time on PC and see you around. <3

Years
    Hello there Saya! Nice Umbreon in your avatar there, I'm assuming it's your fave Pokemon if I'm right? And I did check out your Tumblr page, the background's pretty cute. I'm there under the username "oshyhikari" so yeah definitely look out for that.

As Sheep recommended, do check out the Battling & Team Building board given you're getting into competitive play lately. It's got lots of skilled battlers hanging out over there so I'm confident you'll get the help you need, and while you're there do check out our Pokemon Showdown server as well? You can battle and chat with fellow members there, and I hang out over there myself so do pop by when you can.

And of course, as mentioned above you can always put your Tumblr link in your signature as that's usually the best place to advertise your stuff. Have fun and I hope to see you around on PC and the server!

- Hikamaru

Back